Weavile+Trevenant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I recently started playing Showdown and thought I'd finally make a team in X as well so that I could play vs my friends on wifi. I started by choosing two things that I'd like to use, Weavile and Trevenant, then built a team around it. I'm not quite sure if it's that good since I'm just a beginner at teambuilding, so I decided to post it here. Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Claw
- Leech Seed
- Curse

This is the main pokemon that I wanted to use. Harvest+sitrus berry is pretty self explanatory, but I'm not sure about the EV spread, maybe I should invest some in speed to outspeed some slower things that don't invest in speed.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock

This one sets up rocks and has defog. I was thinking about using something like Mandibuzz instead, because Skarmory is weak to fire.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
Wish passer and special wall with Hyper voice to hit through subs.

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

This is the other pokemon I really wanted to use. It works well as a revenge killer and priority is very nice to have since this team isn't that fast.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 200 SDef / 60 Def / 248 HP
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Since both Weavile and Trevenant are weak to fire, Rotom-W is nice to have because it switches in pretty safely when the opponent threatens with a fire move.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Roost

I chose Mega Charizard Y because it works well with Trevenant since Harvest always works in the sun.

You're going to need three lines of Text explaining why you choose a Pokemon, rather than one sentence. Otherwise a mod will probably lock your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)