Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, here it is, my most amazing team yet:

If you think there's no one who'd lose to this...you haven't seen the bottom of the ladder.

Naturally, this team earned me two truly disastrous opponents.
I think this is evidence that Brave Bird is, in fact, "cheap as shit", promotes "douchbagry", and as such, needs to be banned asap.

Also... was that a non-Imposter Ditto there?

A bunch of bullshit crap appeared after looking through my logs. Appear entry I had lost to a team some time ago that consisted of:
Volcarona spamming giga drain on my scizor(It had life orb)
Me using scizor with double hit
Oppenent's metagross with hyper beam and psychic
My tyranitar using a pure special set with all Evs in attack and speed
Opposing talonflame spamming brave bird on my forretress.
That talonflame had flame body.
Hydriegon spamming draco meteor on my azumarill
My Purely special azumarill
My tanky lucario

Watch this wonderous battle, featuring such OU staples as Kangaskhan(Not mega), Metagross, Double Edge Starraptor and Victini!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-97452054
Really, the only exceptionally terrible Pokemon you listed was Non-Mega Kangaskhan. Victini has a godly physical movepool (dat V-Create tho) and can hit exceptionally hard if you slap a LO or Choice Band on it. Double Edge is the only recoil move Staraptor can use other than Brave Bird (and it's a powerful STAB which gets boosted by Reckless). Metagross can set up rocks easily, hit enemies hard, and even potentially get a sweep going as you saw the opponent trying to do with setting up Agility (even though it was kind of stupid to do against a Mega-Mawile spamming Sucker Punch at 3x Attack), so using it in OU is more uncommon than it is silly.
If you want to know what is classified as "silly" in this metagame, you need to lurk moar.

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
I think we should introduce a "threshold of silly", which will determine whether or not something is silly enough to be posted on his thread.

I think the threshold in question should be Energy Ball Jellycent (or AV Blissey. Come think of it, probably AV Blissey). Anything sillier than that is allowed.
No, this thread is good as is.

I think we should introduce a "threshold of silly", which will determine whether or not something is silly enough to be posted on his thread.

I think the threshold in question should be Energy Ball Jellycent (or AV Blissey. Come think of it, probably AV Blissey). Anything sillier than that is allowed.
fug rules just post stuff

I might steal take inspiration from this. Unfortunately, I can't think of a move as gratuitously spammable as Brave Bird. Maybe Knock Off?
So it'd be a Knock Off of a thing using the move Knock Off instead? Knock it Off, you.

To be fair I would've probably just used Brave Bird and named it Avian Adventures instead.

Last edited:
The best part of that is that Stone Edge missed twice, thus denying him the explosive damage potential of Bide. And then the third SE crits and kills it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-97474780
So here's my joke team against his team.
For one, there's the chat between him and me.
For another, losing to this team takes some otherworldly skill.
And just to finish things off, eject button set-up cresselia (with staple moves like charge beam and sunny day. Ok, maybe charge beam is legit, but not with eject button)
jjjrefo: that was interesting can I have the code for that pokemon?

The replay section is fucking gold.

-Wing Attack Gliscor (Dat 60 BP)
-Energy Ball Ferrothorn named Blam! that died to 3 T-Tar stone edges
-Flamethower on Talonflame without Gale Wings
-Electro Ball and Iron Tail Pikachu. Wait... a Pikachu?
-Up 5-1, a +1 SpAtk Sylveon attempts to toxic a sleeping Aegislash, who proceeds to wake up and set up 3 swords dances, sweeping the rest of the guys five Pokemon.

Last edited:
Edit: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-97514248 If haxorus isnt silly enough... superpower on chandelure really is. Meta-changing gems such as eject button jirachi, fire blast mega-gyarados (on florges!), draco meteor haxorus and mixed lando-t
Mixed lando-t is not bad. 145 attack and 105 special attack is by no means bad. HP ice can nab a lot of pokemon he would otherwise have trouble with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)