Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random Shit volume 53: Almost Spring Break Edition
-That turtle squad may be new, but it doesn't look improved: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-98072918
-Magcargo.
-Echoed Voice Aurorus. It gets Tri Attack (via Nature Power), you know.
-Extreme Speed Deoxys-D.
-Inner Focus Dragonite.
-Giga Drain Ferrothorn. It has 54 base SpA.
-Ninetales without sun.
-Aguav Berry Eelektross, Volcarona, and Ferrothorn, the latter getting confused by it.
-Meloetta using Psychic after it changed to Pirouette form.
-Foul Play Weavile.
-Ice Beam M-Gyarados.
-Double-Edge M-Aerodactyl.
-Mixed Muk.
-Which one is less stupid? http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-98070779
-Psychic Umbreon.
-Switching Tyranitar in on an obvious Close Combat.
-Poison Point on what appeared to be an offensive Nidoking.
-Dragon Pulse X-zard beating Dragon Rush Y-zard.
-Some guy was hoping his opponent's Florges wouldn't have Aromatherapy. Needless to say, his hopes were shattered.
-Dark Pulse Scrafty.
-Some HP on Zygarde.
-Flame Orb Machamp and Heracross. Oh wait, Guts.
-Roar Skarmory. Are you really that afraid of Whirlwind+Imprison Smeargle?
-A team of Cofagrigus only. Gengar OHKOed it.
-Relicanth.
-Someone trying to use FEAR Aron, except he set it to level 100.

Random Shit volume 53: Almost Spring Break Edition
-Which one is less stupid? http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-98070779
How did their rankings get so high with teams like that? I mean who the actual hell puts a Choice Band on a Butterfree? Or uses a Butterfree with two boosting moves and no way to take advantage of either of them?

Did they use a random number generator to choose their Pokémon, and their held items, and their movesets? And maybe their EVs and IVs too while they're at it...?

There should be a contest for the shitiest team someone is able to use to defeat a team of 6 Pokemon with. If someone is able to win with a team of Unown / Farfetch'd / Delibird / Spinda / Sunkern / Magikarp please post the replay. I'm sure there is a truly special talent out there somewhere who is capable of losing to such a team.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-98092402 -- Spinda + 5 fodder vs. the world

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
He wasn't saying that Talonflame was the end-all be-all wall, he was just making a point that a defensive, support oriented set works pretty well.
Well, then that point was terribly executed.

On another note, this thread is probably the most fun I've ever had on a thread, because it's funny watching people criticize other people that don't know that one person is cricizing them.

Nope. Not kidding. You want a wall, use something that actually has good defenses.
- Like Mega Charizard X, Talonflame at the top level has switched from being used as a revenge killer to a support Pokemon. Players have realized Talonflames typing coupled with Defog support, a super fast Will-O-Wisp, decent bulk and priority Roost and Brave Bird make him great at more things than its CB counterpart. It can still revenge kill a lot of stuff in a pinch, but now it can stay in on things like Rotom-W, burn them, roost the damage, and cripple it for the rest of the game. Its resistance to Fairy typing also make it a prime switch to Clefable and Mawile, while also being able to outstall Heatran.
Quoted from the 'current metagame trends' thread. (Where actual good players post)

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
(Where actual good players post)
You can raise a point, but you do not have right to be a dick (applying to me too). Saying that I am not a good player is simply just being an asshole, and doesn't exactly help your point.

As for the quote, you're right. I guess talon flame does have a small defense niche

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
FYI, a few of them are yours.
Wasn't too necessary. If someone agrees with you, it's best just to either accept it or be quiet. Honestly, I've seen some controversial comments from you as well, but haven't said so.

Back on topic, I went on hackmons and faced a whole team of Porygon-Z

I won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)