Gen 6 SPL5: A showcase and analysis of "The Donkey Teams"

Which player is the best at XY Ubers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Introduction
hello to all the mouthbreathers and successful, multimillionaire businessmen under the age of 30 alike who have also wasted countless hours getting off to their newest competitive pokemon team's exceptional synergy. my name is donkey and most of you know me as "That guy who lost against Sasha the master too many times on the Pokemon Online Generation 5 Ubers ladder", "Dracomaster Donkey" or "That guy who went for 3k in SPL 4 and lost in the semi-finals in a hax-free game to Pi Face", but my goal today in this rmt is to convince you that there is much more to my legend and i than those unflattering epithets.

and without further ado, i present to you all of the teams i forced people to use in the spl

Hyper Offense
With the addition of Mega Blaziken, Mega Gengar, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Sticky Web, offense was given a significant buff this generation. Deoxys-S and A still remain viable, albeit harder to execute as they now require teammates that can pressure defoggers while still threatening to quickly break cores. The buff to defog and it's impact on the metagame, and consequently buffs to Lugia and Ho-oh, can be quantified when considering the decline of gen 5 titans Rayquaza and Genesect. Giratina-O has also fallen off the map, mostly because it's main utility was in spinblocking and for obvious reasons spinners have become uncommon.

Standard Deoxys-S Hyper Offense

Anti-lead Deoxys-S ensures that this team will match up relatively well against offense. The issue for hyper offense teams, of course, is whether or not the team is able to break defog balance cores. The way that this can be accomplished with this team is through overwhelming the opponent's specially defensive pokemon (Scizor, Kyogre, whatever it may be) with hard hitting special attackers. Dark Void makes the game 5 against 5 after Deoxys-S secures a Stealth Rock advantage, and from there you can trade mons to weaken pokes like Scizor and Aegislash to eventually allow something on the team to clean. Threats to this team include Mental Herb Shuckle, Scarf Kyogre, and a well-played Yveltal. Palkia and Arceus-Normal could respectively be used to help mitigate these weaknesses but it is simply a matter of preference. Zekrom acts as the team's water resist and requires more prediction than when using Palkia.

The First Game: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oriserver-ubers-66612
[NO COMMENT]

The Second Game: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oriserver-ubers-68271
Furai choked. This game shows that it is important to scout for Magic Coat users such that Deoxys does not get taunted, because otherwise, Xerneas gets a free switch in.

Importable:

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat
- Dark Pulse

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Trait: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Dark Void
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite Y
- Taunt
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psystrike

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Trait: Fairy Aura
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SAtk / 104 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Geomancy
- Substitute
- Moonblast
- Thunder

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Volt Switch
- Bolt Strike
- Sleep Talk
- Outrage

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment
- Recover

Mega-Gengar and Xerneas cheese

The role of Stealth Rocks setter and anti-lead is outsourced into two pokemon on this team: Dialga and Thundurus. The reason for this is mostly due to the presence of Ekiller, which I opted to use over Arceus-Ghost since Ghostceus is rather redundant with Mega-Gengar. The core consequently becomes significantly weaker to dragons that Xerneas cannot take on without a boost, specifically Palkia (Hydro Pump) and Zekrom (Bolt Strike), which is where Dialga finds its niche on this team, as a check to the aforementioned dragons. Thundurus complements Dialga's weaknesses and helps generate momentum to create free switches for Mega Gengar. Mega evolving early, double switching, and forcing mindgames is key to being successful with this team.

The First Game: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ubers-328
Several misplays, but it is still easy to see the matchup advantage this team has against stall.

The Second Game: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ubers-799
Straightforward game.

Importable:

Dialga @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 SAtk / 184 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Toxic

Xerneas @ Power Herb
- Geomancy
- Substitute
- Moonblast
- Thunder

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Arceus @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Teravolt
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Volt Switch
- Bolt Strike
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage

Gengar (M) @ Gengarite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 180 SAtk / 76 SDef / 252 Spd
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Cloyster Sun Offense

In contrast to the Deoxys-S team, this team is slower paced and has more reliable checks to Zekrom and Kyogre. Since the best offensive fire types in ubers are physical attackers, this team takes the approach of attempting to overwhelm the opponent's physically defensive core. It is important to note that the decrease in popularity of spin blockers buffs Cloyster by a significant amount. Cloyster both pressures stall by threatening to cripple a wall after a +2 Icicle Spear, and pressures offense by threatening to sweep squishy teams. After Cloyster comes in, does its business and dies, it is not uncommon for there to be no hazards on your side of the field and a crippled pokemon on the opponent's side. We all know how strong LO Ho-Oh is when Rocks aren't up. This team also provides very few opportunities for the opponent to defog; for example, if an Arceus form tries to defog on Palkia they will be punished with Toxic. Dual status on Palkia might seem strange at a glance but the set also serves the purpose of luring Xerneas after a Draco Meteor then disabling it with Thunder Wave. Credit to Hack for inventing and popularizing this Cloyster set.

A different version of this team replaces Cloyster and Ho-Oh with Life Orb Mewtwo and Life Orb Yveltal, which is much easier to execute.

The First Game: [Replay missing]
Faint had a resttalk roar physical def Xerneas which is a pretty difficult matchup, but I still should have pulled out the win had I not been haxed or had I not made a game losing misplay. I managed to kill the Xerneas but sacked my Ekiller to what turned out to be Specs Palkia when I could have safely killed it by bringing out Ho-Oh.

The Second Game: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ubers-791
Joey using the Mewtwo and Yveltal version.

Importable:

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Roar

Palkia @ Leftovers
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

Cloyster (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Skill Link
- Shell Smash
- Spikes
- Icicle Spear
- Rapid Spin

Arceus @ Lum Berry
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 40 SDef / 84 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Roost

Blaziken (F) @ Blazikenite
Trait: Speed Boost
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Shuckle Sticky Web

After extensive building around various Sticky Web cores, thanks to theorymonning with esteemed users Dice and Problems, the smeargle version that Dice used against Blim was created, and shortly after, the superior Mental Herb Shuckle version was created. The Shuckle set itself is standard: Knock Off, Toxic, and Rest are all just there for Shuckle to be annoying given the opportunity. All Shuckle needs to do for this team to be successful is to lay down Sticky Web. Strangely, yet understandably, Gothitelle is the mon integral to the success of Sticky Web. Shadow Tag being Shadow Tag, she is able to trap every common defog Arceus form, most frequently Rock, Electric, Grass, and Water. After -1 speed is applied, Gothitelle is faster than 252 + speed Arceus, meaning that there are no wars of attrition. Taunt is enough to win Calm Mind wars (Except against Thunderbolt Arceus-Electric because of the para chance) and prevent defog. The best part is that you don't have to risk tanking 80% of your health to Judgment, or getting burned by Willowisp and losing the following mind game like you do when using Mega Gengar for the same purpose.

The offensive core of the team is relatively straightforward. Groudon and Palkia handle a lot of common threats while hitting hard back, specifically Zekrom and Kyogre, which would be large threats to the team otherwise. Mega Charizard X does insane damage, nearly OHKOing 252 HP Arceus at +2. Similarly, Return/Overheat Arceus hits incredibly hard, and beats it's conventional counters in Scizor and Skarmory.

The First Game: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ubers-551
Dice using a primitive Smeargle version that is 6-0d by leads with Taunt, specifically, Thundurus and Yveltal.

The Second Game: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ubers-1521
Problems using the polished Shuckle version. He had a significant matchup advantage, which is part of Sticky Web's niche. Also, he is the one who thought of using Mental Herb.

Importable:

Shuckle (F) @ Mental Herb
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sticky Web
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Gothitelle (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SDef / 244 Spd
- Taunt
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Rest

Groudon @ Life Orb
Trait: Drought
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder Wave

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite X
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Overheat
- Return
- Shadow Claw

The Klefki Team

This was the first team I built using the now infamous Lando-T / Palkia core. There isn't that much to say about this team, it plays similarly to the Xerneas Mega Gengar team above. Toxic is everywhere to wear down defoggers and Mega Gengar is there to open up the game for Xerneas. The only other thing that I want to point out is the Klefki set. The evs allow Klefki to break Xerneas's (with up to 150 HP evs) Substitute with Flash Cannon AFTER Xerneas is +2. Then, you can safely Thunder Wave it. Below I have included another version of this team that has been quite successful in tests. Genesect momentum into Mega Gengar is a surprisingly underused combination.

PS: Apparently with Play Rough and Fairy Aura boost, you can accomplish what Flash Cannon does without atk EVS.

The First Game: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ubers-289
Dice using his version of the team. Using Arceus-Normal makes the team very scizor weak (if your Mega Gengar gets haxed!).

The Second Game: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ubers-1752
Joey using Problems' version of my version with a Tenta instead of Xerneas.

Log of me beating Problems anonymously on the PO ladder with an early version of this team in 8 turns: http://pastebin.com/46RLhCXP

Importable (Genesect Arceus-Ghost version):

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Palkia @ Leftovers
- Rest
- Toxic
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend

Klefki (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SAtk / 56 SDef
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Flash Cannon

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Explosion
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam

- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment
- Recover

Gengar (M) @ Gengarite
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb

(Xerneas Arceus-Electric version)
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Palkia @ Leftovers
- Rest
- Toxic
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend

Klefki (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SAtk / 56 SDef
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Flash Cannon

Xerneas @ Power Herb
- Geomancy
- Substitute
- Moonblast
- Thunder

Arceus-Electric @ Zap Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Gengar (M) @ Gengarite
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Stall
I am not sure if this is contrary to popular belief or not, but I believe stall actually got buffed harder than balance did this generation. By balance, I refer to the plethora of defog Arceus teams. The fact of the matter is defog on Arceus is way too easy to play around for it to be good enough to be better than stall. As we have seen, Blim and Hack have been relatively successful with Blissey stall. The real buff to stall, however, is Aromatherapy Physically defensive resttalk Xerneas. This set is not only an absolute tank, but aromatherapy provides so much utility in a metagame dominated by Toxic stallers, wisp spreading defog Arceus forms, etc. Defog actually buffs stall more than balance. If your team can wall the enemy's mons on a hazardless field, chances are they will end up getting stalled out.

Lando-T and Palkia Stall

Another team built around the Landorus-T Palkia core. This time, I took the approach of a more stall oriented team. This team matches up well against hyper offense and balance. It can wall a decent amount of the metagame while also having some insane sweep power. Unsurprisingly, stall can be a challenge for this team since it does not have much offensive pressure. The fastest way to win is to set up a clean for Mewtwo, but generally that is unrealistic so games turn into a war of attrition. With two Rest users and tons of Toxic spam, chances are my toxics will eventually overwhelm the opponent, even if they have a cleric. Possible changes include using something like Stalltwo, a different Arceus form with more utility moves, etc.

The Game: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ubers-1370
Straightforward game where Problems baits Sweep into some bad switches to gain the upper hand.

Importable:

- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Palkia @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave
- Surf
- Rest

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SDef
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Defog
- Roost

Xerneas @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Arceus-Electric @ Zap Plate
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Trait: Unnerve
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Psystrike
Shaymin Stall

This team plays like the Klefki team combined with the stall team above. Shaymin is excellent at pressuring defog balance, although it can end up being dead weight against offense which is why this team is centered around a solid defensive core. I've actually warmed up to Ferrothorn this metagame. The only issue is it's poor matchup against Scizor. Arceus-Ghost and Arceus-Electric both fit well on this team, they are mostly interchangable. Arceus-Electric acts as a back up check to Yveltal (Sp def Kyogre being the main check) whereas Arceus-Ghost is a nice Mewtwo check and Will-O-Wisp spreading is strong in general. Having a spinblocker also helps vs Cloyster or Excadrill. Also credit to Problems for helping me build this team.

The Game: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ubers-2210
Complete outplay.

Importable:

Landorus-T (M) @ Earth Plate
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Atk / 208 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Xerneas @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Shaymin-S @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash

Arceus (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Conclusion
That's all for this thread friends. I put in standard EV spreads in the importables for the most part, feel free to use any of these teams and change the spreads to your likings. Comment, like, do whatever...not looking for feedback obviously. I know the teams are not without flaws, but generally, they have fewer flaws than the majority of teams used in spl. Please refrain from commenting if you are either a retard or someone I dislike. This clause does not extend to SashaTheMaster or the Ultimate Champion. Despite our altercations in the past, I highly respect both players and acknowledge they are better than everyone currently playing in the SPL, especially Problems and Joey.

A list of things you should take from this RMT:
- Xerneas + [Mega Gengar or Gothitelle or Wobbufett or Magnezone] is imbalanced
- Mega Blaziken is imbalanced
- Mental Herb Shuckle with Sticky Web is imbalanced
- Spinners are strong
- Defog balance NEEDS a cleric or you will lose to Toxic spam --> even with a cleric you need a way to quickly break stall because you will eventually be outstalled
- Landorus owns
- Rest, specially defensive Palkia owns
- Cleric Xerneas owns
- I made these teams, and if Wolfpack or Classiest win SPL, I know I will be awarded an Honorary Trophy

Anyways, I put a decent amount of effort into this because I had some free time (but mostly because I wanted credit for these teams), so I hope you enjoyed. Shoutout to Dice and Joey for shitloads of testing and building, Problems for being a Chav, and all of the other people on smogon I tolerated. Take it easy fellas - and don't sweat too much over the finals, which I hope is Classiest vs Wolfpack

Disclaimer (teams that I did not include):
To all the people angry about how I left out two teams (Joey vs Kebabe and Problems vs MM2), it's because those teams were both shit. I have a folder with like 10 different versions of a stall team, and Joey picked out a version he liked and changed Special Defensive Kyogre to Scarf Kyogre, which changes the team for the worse to the point where it is no longer worth mentioning in this rmt. The final version of that team has a Scizor over Mewtwo and Special Defensive Palkia over Kyogre, which I have included in a Pastebin below. I tried getting both Joey and Problems to use this team but neither ended up doing so for whatever reason :(. This version is really solid and is highly influenced by Edgar. The Sticky Web team Problems used was one of my first gen 6 teams, which I had asked MM2 for help with MANY times, and Problems used it without knowing that, so I did not include that team for those reasons. The Sticky team is also incredibly Kyogre weak and matchup reliant.

Sylveon Stall
Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Sylveon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pixilate
EVs: 216 HP / 40 Def / 252 SDef
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SDef
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Toxic
- Roost

Palkia @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
- Toxic
- Surf
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Aeroblast
- Roost
- Whirlwind

- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment
- Recover

Last edited:

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
Oh look the guy who 'shaped' the XY metagame, dracomaster donkey.

But yeh not really much to say as you've been in so much detail and I'm sure alot of you know me and aim have been using these teams all the way through spl and we've got 'pretty good records' and we owe it to you for making them etc so thx boi, shame about you quitting.

p.s. now everyone knows all the teams i use fuk

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
sucks you quit. i can understand after losing to me so many times in testing :J LOL nah but in all seriousness bro these teams have definitely been a lot of help and have helped me a lot in spl haha. So am thankful for that! should have given fake evs tho :[ gotta switch up teams now

*edit* IN MY MATCH VS BLIM I'D JUST LIKE TO SAY DESPITE THE MATCHUP BEING IN MY FAVOR I WON BECAUSE I TOOK OUT DONKEYS ZEKROM AND DECIDED TO PUT TWAVE PALKIA WHICH ALLOWED ME TO STOP ARC-WATER WHO ANNOYED MY TEAM. DONKEY HAD TOXIC ON ALL HIS PALKIAS BEFORE THAT, AFTERWARDS, HE RAN TWAVE :]

sucks you quit. i can understand after losing to me so many times in testing :J LOL nah but in all seriousness bro these teams have definitely been a lot of help and have helped me a lot in spl haha. So am thankful for that! should have given fake evs tho :[ gotta switch up teams now

*edit* IN MY MATCH VS BLIM I'D JUST LIKE TO SAY DESPITE THE MATCHUP BEING IN MY FAVOR I WON BECAUSE I TOOK OUT DONKEYS ZEKROM AND DECIDED TO PUT TWAVE PALKIA WHICH ALLOWED ME TO STOP ARC-WATER WHO ANNOYED MY TEAM. DONKEY HAD TOXIC ON ALL HIS PALKIAS BEFORE THAT, AFTERWARDS, HE RAN TWAVE :]
No problem man, I've been glad to see you've used them well.

Also... the Palkia stuff is not entirely correct, Dice and I theorymonned the Draco/Fire Blast/Twave/Toxic Palkia set for the Klefki and Mega Blaze teams long before you used that team in SPL. Same thing goes for the Palkia set on the Sticky team. I had stopped playing before you used that version and I didn't go back and change every single moveset to have Twave on teams that were Xerneas weak otherwise, lol. Palkia is definitely better than Zekrom on the version you used, though.

Sasha The Rival

Banned deucer.
my name is donkey and most of you know me as "That guy who lost against Sasha the master too many times on the Pokemon Online Generation 5 Ubers ladder", "Dracomaster Donkey"
it was a pleasure to SmashPass against you, and have you in our clan.
Please refrain from commenting if you are either a retard or someone I dislike. This clause does not extend to SashaTheMaster or the Ultimate Champion. Despite our altercations in the past, I highly respect both players and acknowledge they are better than everyone currently playing in the SPL, especially Problems and Joey.

The only teams that could give problems a win...... (ly bro jk)
you know what else gives Problems a win ? you forfeiting to him yesterday on the XY Ubers ladder despite the fact that you won the game...next time do it without spectators watching it...they might take screenshots...even if they are among your clan xD

anyways, i heard one of your friends saying that Donkey and problems are "drama queens" since they quit and comeback all the time...i hope it's true...i'm sure we'll meet again someday, and have a nice SmashPass battle without any hatred included...as i also respect my ex-rival...

Ironically the team I like the most is the team Problems used against me in SPL. The sun team is fairly close to the team I used against Melee Mewtwo, only with some changes in moveset / EVs and the addition of an offensive cleric Xerneas to help with Palkia and pair with Groudon to provide an immunity to both of Zekrom's STABs. I avoided Cloyster this SPL because it's somewhat match-up reliant, but it fits nicely on that team.

BTW PTR, great sig man. Bear in mind that your / = / you're, but you're still the best player outside of possibly Buu Huu.

Edit: Anik is correct, I cannot read, and I refuse to get into an argument with Reviver based on the arguments he has had with others. Good day.

Last edited:
Great teams donkey!

Also:
Man, those teams are terrible.

Before anyone calls me out for this post, note that smogon moderator melee mewtwo said that it's fine to express my opinion about another person's team.
You make such good sets man, like that Rocky Helmet Deo-S one in BW2! The fact that it still loses to Froslass and Lead Ghosteus it's just genius and not pointless whatsoever, not to mention, Magic Coat Giratina-O loses to the combination of HP Fire and hazards, damn, never thought of that myself!. A lead that can take 1 Crunch from Tyranitar? Damn! I mean, it's not like Sand teams in BW2 carry the such useless spinner called Excadrill that can't pressure spin-blockers with SD and Iron Head! Just Genius!

Before anyone calls me out for this post, note that Smogon moderator Melee Mewtwo said that it's fine to express my opinion about another person's team! :]]]

Last edited:
What does Dark Pulse on Deo-s do that Knock Off doesn't?
Dark Pulse is a vestige of an old Gen 5 set specifically used to beat other Deoxys-S. I didn't consider Knock Off back when I built the team, but it sounds like it would fit pretty well on this team.

Also, stall still seems pretty vulnerable to Shadow Tag users like Goth and Mega Gengar picking apart your defensive cores. (I'm probably missing something obvious though :( )
Gothitelle is annoying if it manages to switch in on Palkia or Xerneas, and the only way to beat it is generally with prediction. For example, on the first team Scizor can pursuit trap it, but on the second team double switching is necessary.

Mega Gengar + Xerneas is a bigger threat to these two teams, as it can take out Scizor or Kyogre with Destiny Bond and open up a chance for Xerneas to sweep, so it is very important not to let it Mega Evolve for free without doing a significant amount of damage to it. The only pokemon it comes in for free on is Xerneas on both teams, so this is another case where double switching and prediction is necessary.

If you read the Disclaimer section I recently added at the end of the RMT, you will find an importable for a stall team I made that matches up well against Mega Gengar and Xerneas teams: Hippowdon, Sylveon, Scizor, Palkia, Lugia, and Arceus-Ghost. This team demonstrates the ONLY way (besides using Shed Shell, which I do not like to use) that you can beat Mega Gengar Xerneas teams with stall: using a Pursuit trapper to force Mega Gengar to suicide AND having a secondary Xerneas check, which in this case is Lugia.

I could be completely missing something as I'm pretty new and not all that good, but isn't the Shuckle Web team incredibly weak to GeoXern? I know you're only really going to see GeoXern being the lead on the low ladder but still, what does that team have to stop that?

This thread was moved here seeing as it didn't meet the requirements needed to be posted as an RMT yet remains very important for discussion on the current Ubers metagame. Feel free to post here but keep in mind this thread is no longer an RMT. Therefore, posts shouldn't be about critiquing the teambuilds but rather using them as a reference point for discussion on the Ubers metagame.

This thread was moved here seeing as it didn't meet the requirements needed to be posted as an RMT yet remains very important for discussion on the current Ubers metagame. Feel free to post here but keep in mind this thread is no longer an RMT. Therefore, posts shouldn't be about critiquing the teambuilds but rather using them as a reference point for discussion on the Ubers metagame.
ty

Sup Nob, you may remember me from PO as Amarillo Caballero <3

I found this thread looking for Xerneas and Mega Gengar sets for the Nintendo Wifi friendly coming up in 3 weeks. Apparently you are quitting the game again? I don't buy it. Anyway, we should talk on Showdown and you can give me all of your secret strategies ;3

edit: why do I have a Rayquaza as a avvy? literally haven't logged into smogon in over 2 years...

Last edited:

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
An interesting option on the one with lando-T in is gravity>toxic which is nice with geoxern and stone miss..
Also made a team last night (I made it as an LC team to beat ladder with in ubers.. eventually become a totally different team) and it's like 3/6 mons the same with the same moves and similar/same EVs (palk/sylv/hippo) and then a scizor too with slightly diff moves and EVs, and then 2 different mons.

Some of these teams are cool. I keep trying them out to find something for gen 6 ubers. Ubers is probably my "go to" metagame other than OU which I actually play less than Ubers. Ubers is something I compete in whereas OU is something I just look around between. Both are fun for me, and I see myself as competitive in both, it's just a lot harder to make/find a good Ubers team to use to be competitive with. Personally, I'm not talented at all with making teams so I've used Blazing Glaciers extensively both in Gen 5 and Gen 6 Ubers. It does perfectly fine just like gen 5 in gen 6 other than Xerneas, but nothing else is a problem.

I have some concerns with Xerneas. I think it over-centralizes the meta and that it's a "ridiculous win condition", to quote one of my opponents. Basically, we both know when someone is about to lose from the click of one button, which isn't how I remember Ubers from Gen 4 onwards. Other than Xerneas making Ubers feel like OU at times, I deeply enjoy Gen 6, more so than Gen 5. I'm not sure I'd want Xerneas gone, maybe ban power herb with it or something, but it's definitely added a view to Ubers I didn't have before that I don't necessarily like or objectively find positive for the metagame.

Also, I'd like to thank the person who made this thread and posted all of these teams. I can't think of a time where I used a team that either wasn't pre-made or that I didn't find on forums, or didn't take from a great player like Hack, Sweep, or Lance(thanks all 3 btw). So, thanks for the thread.

Other than a) addressing my personal concerns about me being unable to build competitive teams but being a fine and even competitive battler, b) Xern in Ubers making it feel like OU at times, and c) thanking the thread creator for ideas and teams--- I'd quickly like to admit that I enjoy the Ubers community about as much as the meta and I'm thankful for everyone's help.

Good luck guys, and keep posting teams for me.. =] - Yuy, BLOODLESSHEART, KillMySadHeart

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)