Hackmons XY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I bet you two couldn't win matches with a team of 6 Sunkern. Although this is Hackmons, so anything is possible.

I'm really curious to see how common BH threats fare in Hackmons. I'm guessing badly, but then again, some OU Pokemon are decent in Ubers.
Is stuff like Contrary and Huge Power viable at all, or does a sweeper absolutely need Mold Breaker to be effective?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Hazards stacking is pretty much the most common and viable strategy in Hackmons. If that's the case, is Defog common too, and if so, what's the best way to stop it?

And also, is there any merit at all to using 6 times the same Pokemon on one team? Because I do it sometimes

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
I bet you two couldn't win matches with a team of 6 Sunkern. Although this is Hackmons, so anything is possible.

I'm really curious to see how common BH threats fare in Hackmons. I'm guessing badly, but then again, some OU Pokemon are decent in Ubers.
Is stuff like Contrary and Huge Power viable at all, or does a sweeper absolutely need Mold Breaker to be effective?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Hazards stacking is pretty much the most common and viable strategy in Hackmons. If that's the case, is Defog common too, and if so, what's the best way to stop it?

And also, is there any merit at all to using 6 times the same Pokemon on one team? Because I do it sometimes
I've played a little bit of hackmons, and although I'm not very experienced, I've peaked #3 on the ladder, fell to 1580 elo, and now I'm who knows where because of decay.

The main strat in PH is literally stall until the opponent makes a mistake. You analyze your opponents, while in the meantime spreading hazards and status. Then, when you predict they will use defog/aromatherapy, you send in your perish trapper to encore them and kill them.

People usually forfeit after that because one loss usually wrecks the core of a team.

Huge power is viable mainly to boost pursuit to insanely high levels so you can one shot anything weak to it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/hackmons-98151318
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/hackmons-98153193
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/hackmons-98153755

The sunkern challenge?
Won the first three battles and got to 1200 on the ladder lol. So anything's possible.

EDIT: 50th post! yay.

Yup, a non MB sweeper is a wasted teamslot.

Sunkern... been there, Done that, and laddered. :)

EDIT: and mostly, BH threats are mostly wasted slots. :/

Any monoelectric type + wonder guard + air balloon cannot be touched at all in hackmons. Only Mold Breaker works but it's not reliable when I can Shadow Tag and eliminate it.

perplexingpool

Banned deucer.
Any monoelectric type + wonder guard + air balloon cannot be touched at all in hackmons. Only Mold Breaker works but it's not reliable when I can Shadow Tag and eliminate it.
You can hurt Wonder Guard users with Status moves like Toxic and Leech Seed, and you can also Perish Trap them.

Not really............................

I use a baton pass from Xerneas to MegaGar, shellsmash... and go to town with judgement

Also, Drapion with an air balloon is pretty decent, cuz it can't be poisoned
*can still be burned*

MegaGar can also outspeed Deoxys-S (with the shell smash, of course) and OHKO it with SpookyPlate Judgement

Not really............................

I use a baton pass from Xerneas to MegaGar, shellsmash... and go to town with judgement

Also, Drapion with an air balloon is pretty decent, cuz it can't be poisoned
*can still be burned*

MegaGar can also outspeed Deoxys-S (with the shell smash, of course) and OHKO it with SpookyPlate Judgement
I could just pure power pursuit at some point. Your sub wouldnt last given a variety of reasons

I've found that a rather anti meta set is gale wings mega ampharos. With oblivion wing and its massive base 165 special attck, it can do serious damage to one of the most common pokes in the tier, Mewtwo x. While it doesnt get stab, it makes up for in massive attack. My set is oblivion wing, kings shield, spider web , and thunderbolt. This way, They cant switch out from my death trap.

Arceus-Electric @ Air Balloon
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Toxic
- Protect
- Recycle
- Recover

Here is a set taking the meta by storm. Practical Stall :^)

I've found that a rather anti meta set is gale wings mega ampharos. With oblivion wing and its massive base 165 special attck, it can do serious damage to one of the most common pokes in the tier, Mewtwo x. While it doesnt get stab, it makes up for in massive attack. My set is oblivion wing, kings shield, spider web , and thunderbolt. This way, They cant switch out from my death trap.
Mega mewtwo y has much higher special attack, so you should use that instead

Heatran @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
- Dragon Rage / Confuse Ray
- Recycle
- Endeavor
- Protect

It's immune to burns/poison and will never die thanks to recycled berry juices, you need to watch out for ghost types, so confuse ray can be taken isntead of dragon rage for a less reliable execute, but the ability to deal with ghosts

Heatran @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
- Dragon Rage / Confuse Ray
- Recycle
- Endeavor
- Protect

It's immune to burns/poison and will never die thanks to recycled berry juices, you need to watch out for ghost types, so confuse ray can be taken isntead of dragon rage for a less reliable execute, but the ability to deal with ghosts
a very annoying set. I often have to sack 2-3 pokes to deal with this. I started running snow warning greninja to deal with this. Works very well It essintially makes one member of thier team useless.

a very annoying set. I often have to sack 2-3 pokes to deal with this. I started running snow warning greninja to deal with this. Works very well It essintially makes one member of thier team useless.
Heatran is practically interchangeable with any pokemon in the game lmao

I could just pure power pursuit at some point. Your sub wouldnt last given a variety of reasons
That is one of the reasons I don't really like MegaGar anymore... its way too fragile and weak to resist HP Yveltal. Also, a -2 sucker punch would KO it anyway. Thats pretty much the only reason I dropped Gar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)