Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
I'm not sure if this was brought to attention, but I didn't see it in the OP; Knock Off doesn't remove the opponent's item if the user faints. For example: My Landorus-T uses Knock Off on a Ferrothorn who is holding a Rocky Helmet. My Lando faints because of all the damage done by Iron Barbs and the Rocky Helmet, but it doesn't remove the item from Ferro. If this mechanic (if I can call it that) works the same if one would faint trying to remove hazards, disregard this. Or at least it should be mentioned in the OP.
It's a new mechanic in Gen 6, if you faint while using it, then the item will not be removed.
http://prntscr.com/2zeo4n http://pastebin.com/q7d9G3KW
how is it invalid? i was challenging someone on ou mono, but i got a pop up. i'm not using custom client
I just tested this and it worked for me. I think you should delete the team from your Teambuilder and then add it again by importing the text from that pastebin.

Hey, I accidentally made a separate thread to report this, but if a unmega'd mon tries to pursuit a mon holding red card while the red card holder attempts to switch out, AND the unmega'd mon attempts to megavolve that same turn, the replacement will take the form of the megamon, but retain it's own stats, typing, ability, and moveset.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-96683790

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was asked in a random doubles battle to select a target for the move Curse when used by Bibarel, a non-Ghost type. It then functioned as it should for non-Ghost types, but I still thought I'd report it here.

More recently, an enemy using Follow Me failed to redirect Sky Drops first stage.

Also is the etiquette that I should've gone back and edited my previous post or is this the more appropriate behavior?

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
Also is the etiquette that I should've gone back and edited my previous post or is this the more appropriate behavior?
Making multiple posts is fine as long as it's a new bug and not a double post
EDIT: Aaaand a new glitch: I can target a Pokemon that's currently midair from Sky Drop with Sky Drop, and it will lift it into the sky even though it's already in the air. And then the Pokemon that lifted it into the air in the first place will try to attack and do no damage. Meanwhile, this can be used to leave a target trapped midair forever.
This is now fixed, should be live after the next server restart.

Thank you for your reply.

Also, a new wrinkle to the No Guard/multi-target moves weirdness. One time today, my No Guard Pokemon was KOed before damage was issued to the non-No Guard Pokemon, and the non-No Guard Pokemon 'avoided the attack'. It's not a new glitch per se, but I figured it might be informative for addressing the glitch.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Leavanny should not be able to have the move combo of Knock Off and Sticky Web.
Knock Off is not learned by Sewaddle period but is a Move Tutor move for Leavanny.
Sticky Web is Gen VI-exclusive for Sewaddle-only so a Leavanny transferred to Gen VI cannot learn Sticky Web.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-97160607
Turn 6 show Sticky Web
Turn 37 shows Knock Off

Additionally, Heal Bell + Sticky Web is illegal for the same reasoning but I haven't checked if it is or not on PS!. Those are the only move combos that affect Leavanny as far as I'm aware.

I was able to use a Sylveon with Wish, Heal Bell, Hyper Voice and Sleep Talk; as an Eevee needs to have a fairy type move to evolve into Sylveon it can only have a maximum of three non-fairy-type Tutor or Egg moves when coming up through bank.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was able to use a Sylveon with Wish, Heal Bell, Hyper Voice and Sleep Talk; as an Eevee needs to have a fairy type move to evolve into Sylveon it can only have a maximum of three non-fairy-type Tutor or Egg moves when coming up through bank.
Sleep Talk is a TM move in XY.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
weird thing just happened to me here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-97588451

skip to turn 33 and keep watching after that. his hippowdon gets tricked a scarf on turn 33, comes back in at the beginning of turn 35 and gets taunted as it slacks off, then proceeds to use earthquake on the very next turn.

is there some bug with taunt + choice item interactions?

03:49Zarel idk
03:49Zarel can you hl V4 in it?

V4Victini

I don't know if it's really a bug, but if you currently battle in the VGC Tier the stats of all Pokemon are displayed as if they were on Level 100 (contrary to the standard 50). Does this also affect the calculations or is it just a minor aesthetical problem? (also I can confirm the problem that Mega-Evos change the order of attacks if their speed stat increases, dunno if it just went unnoticed since I didn't see a reply to that)

//Edit: Oh and Effect Spore and similair traits aren't affected by Safguard, but I don't know if that is according to the actual Game mechanics ...

Last edited:
Oh and Effect Spore and similair traits aren't affected by Safguard, but I don't know if that is according to the actual Game mechanics ...
Safeguard had issues with Effect Spore and Synchronize. They should be fixed on next restart. Did you find trouble with any other ability?

Last edited:
I don't know if it's really a bug, but if you currently battle in the VGC Tier the stats of all Pokemon are displayed as if they were on Level 100 (contrary to the standard 50). Does this also affect the calculations or is it just a minor aesthetical problem? (also I can confirm the problem that Mega-Evos change the order of attacks if their speed stat increases, dunno if it just went unnoticed since I didn't see a reply to that.
Not sure if Lv 100 markers are purely aesthetic since Showdown does have quite a few graphical glitches far as Doubles is concerned. To be honest I haven't paid enough attention to notice if they have been scaled down to Lv50.

However answering the second question yes Lv100 instead of the standard Lv50 does affect calculations, at lv50 you tend to do a couple percent more damage all round due to the influence move BP tends to have.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
The stats showing as level 100 is purely aesthetic, all calculations are done server side where the correct values are used, the client is just showing the wrong numbers

New bug: had a match where I targeted Aegislash with Sky Drop. It uses King's Shield. I pick it up no problem. Meanwhile, regular Protect blocks it consistently. Unless this oddity is how the actual games function?

Imposer does not work properly with either protean or stance change. It doesnt copy it

Protean - turn 3 replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-98932620
Stance - whole battle replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-98958554

For some reason it won't let me use venusaur with HA in XY Battle spot doubles. As far as i'm aware you can get HA from friend safari, so its message of it being an event-only ability is wrong
EDIT: cant figure out how to work spoiler tags, so ill just try to leave it as an attatchment.Screen Shot 2014-03-15 at 8.10.55 PM.png

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Imposer does not work properly with either protean or stance change. It doesnt copy it

Protean - turn 3 replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-98932620
Stance - whole battle replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-98958554
Stance change doesn't get transfered with imposters (In-game confirmed).
Protean didn't work because, well, you didn't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)