Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
As of now Zoroark's illusion really messes with the 6 overworld sprites that are supposed to show the opponent's team, and which are still able to fight.

Sometimes knocked out pokes will appear alive if zoroark was disguised as them, and sometimes zoroark's overworld sprite turns into what is it is disguised as.
I thought I'd quote this earlier post as evidence of a problem I am also having, in that my Gourgeist-Small appears as a Garchomp to multiple opponents, however it appears normally on my side. So to the opponent, it looks like I have two Garchomps. This isn't a move bug, and I'm sure it's just a glitch on the production side, but I thought I'd report it anyway for posterity's sake.
Here's a reply, even though I watched it and it doesn't show the bug: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-99130081

edit: after re-reading the aforementioned quoted material, I'm not sure if it's a similar problem, however this has happened during multiple battles and it's nothing a quick comment or two can't solve during battle, however I believe that Gourgeist-S being disguised as Garchomp can throw the opponent off, especially during an important prediction or two.

Zoroark copies the regular form of a mega-evolution even after it has mega-evolved. In-game it copies the actual mega-evo.

In teambuilder, if you set a pokemon to level 1 and click the recommended spread then it gives it negative EVs. If you set it back to level 100 and don't touch the spread at all; you can use it in battle. Not sure if this works for all pokemon but surely works for some.

Hi, I noticed an error in the implementation of the move fly in [Gen 1] OU (beta).

In gen 1 if a pokemon uses fly but then is prevented from finishing the move (e.g. due to full paralysis while in the air or something like that) then the pokemon remains in the semi-invulnerable state until using the move again, but this does not happen in showdown.

Here is the replay:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gen1oubeta-99821139

My Zapdos is paralyzed on turn 28.

It uses fly on turn 30 and is fully paralyzed on turn 31, preventing the move from completing.

On turn 33 the opponent attempted to use sleep powder which failed due to Zapdos already being paralyzed. If the move was working as in the games then I'm not sure whether the miss or the failure would have priority.

However Zapdos is then hit and KO'd by explosion on turn 34.

Thanks for all your hard work guys!

EDIT: Confirmed for dig as well. (guy really made me work for it though lol. Also not sure why he had lower level pokemon.)

The replay:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gen1oubeta-99839541

TURN 30: Slowbro is paralyzed.
TURN 35: Slowbro uses dig.
TURN 36: Slowbro is fully paralyzed, interrupting dig.
TURN 37: Slowbro is hit by body slam, losing 7.6% of its health.

Last edited:
Assist is calling upon Sticky Web, but according to Bulbapedia it should not. Not sure if mistake on Bulbapedias part.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
After the last update, there is often showed several Arceuses on the little Team Overview thing for the opponent, I'll look for a screenshot to post (I suck at explaining >_>)

EDIT:

SS1: It says that I have 2 Arceuses (which I don't).

SS2: I now have 1 Arceus, but my opponent has 2 Arceuses (which he doesn't).

SS3: It says that his Arceus is still alive, even though I won the game without him leaving.

My rank isn't usually this shit, I was 3rd in Ubers yesterday >_>_>_>_>

Last edited:
Really annoying bug: If you pick a move, but want to change it by pressing "Cancel," no matter what, the game will always pick the first move you used. I've already lost a couple of matches because of this bug. Basically once you pick a move and try to change it while "waiting for opponent," you can't change it.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
Really annoying bug: If you pick a move, but want to change it by pressing "Cancel," no matter what, the game will always pick the first move you used. I've already lost a couple of matches because of this bug. Basically once you pick a move and try to change it while "waiting for opponent," you can't change it.
It's lag. There is a way to fix it though.

1. Don't misclick.

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
I wanted to say scald doesn't thaw out when frozen.
This is odd because the thawing of the user is in the coding. Do you have a replay that shows it not working?
It's not exactly a bug, this is caused by lag. When you click the "Cancel" button, try to wait about 5 seconds before picking your new option
Assist is calling upon Sticky Web, but according to Bulbapedia it should not. Not sure if mistake on Bulbapedias part.
I'll double check on this and get back to you.

King's Shield does not block Spore. Researching the issue with the tools available to me, some sources say King's Shield and Spiky Shield block 'damaging' moves and do not clarify the issue, while others indicate they block anything Protect blocks and are bypassed by anything that bypasses Protect, so I am uncertain as to whether this is a bug or not, but suspect it is. In any event, this is consistent with the Sky Drop pick-up phase bypassing Spiky Shield and King's Shield, which I am much more confident is wrong.

Conversely, as far as the No Guard and Sky Drop related glitches I spoke of earlier, I have observed that sometimes the glitch does not occur. I think the pattern is that, if the attack is resolved against the No Guard Pokemon first it then behaves correctly on the other Pokemon, versus resolving the attack against the non-No Guard Pokemon resulting in the aberrant behavior, but I may be misinterpreting what I'm seeing.

'You sent invalid team data. If you're not using a custom client, please report this as a bug.'

I just recieved this message. I was trying to play a RBY OU team. When I put it in it gave all my pokemon spA and spD as well as items and tendancies. None of which are supposed to be in RBY. How do I get around this? Is RBY supported on PS?

If it is supported how do I go about making a team other than clicking 'Format' Gen 1[OU]?

'You sent invalid team data. If you're not using a custom client, please report this as a bug.'

I just recieved this message. I was trying to play a RBY OU team. When I put it in it gave all my pokemon spA and spD as well as items and tendancies. None of which are supposed to be in RBY. How do I get around this? Is RBY supported on PS?

If it is supported how do I go about making a team other than clicking 'Format' Gen 1[OU]?
Try clearing your browser caché (but make sure to save your teams in a text file before or you might delete them while doing so!)

Try clearing your browser caché (but make sure to save your teams in a text file before or you might delete them while doing so!)
Ok I will try that, however I actually have to make my team in the BW format. ie I have the options for items, spA, spD, traits. How do I make the team in RBY? When I put the generation to RBY to team builder stays the same.

i don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but it is actually possible to run sand veil garchomp even though it's banned. if you select garchomp-mega as a pokemon, it will have sand veil before mega-evolving, and this can be exploited in the battle. why are the mega forms even selectable anyways? does PS need it because of its code? if so, it can just be made illegal to select mega evolved forms in the teambuilder.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
it can just be made illegal to select mega evolved forms in the teambuilder.
Yeah, this should really be implemented. For OU/UU/Uber etc. This is just unnecessary, as we'll never use them without mega-evolving them first except in ceratin OMs.
For how it should be implemented, a pop-up should appear similar to the "You have more than 510 EVs" pop-up, except it should say something along the lines of: "You have a mega-evolution (*Insert Pokemon Here*) on your team, but picked *Pokemon*-Mega[-X or -Y if applicable] instead of *Pokemon*'s normal form. Please select *Pokemon*'s normal form, then give it its respective Mega Stone."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)