Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Method J, unless it's the shiny patch which would be chained shiny.

After the first patch (or always with the special chain encounters), the next patches can ignore encounter slots, so that may be why you can't find the spread.
So will only one if the patches have the right encounter slot?

I only got to one patch after setting of the radar.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
So will only one if the patches have the right encounter slot?

I only got to one patch after setting of the radar.
I believe the first non-special patch would act as if you used Sweet Scent, though I'm not 100% sure. Future patches would force the species based on the last species encountered, according to the chain continuation rates.

I've been trying to RNG shiny Latios since yesterday. Every time I boot up the game, it never lands on the calculated starting frame. Where the fuck is/are this/these moving npc?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I've been trying to RNG shiny Latios since yesterday. Every time I boot up the game, it never lands on the calculated starting frame. Where the fuck is/are this/these moving npc?
Are you referring to the BW2 Lati@s? Well this isn't the right thread BTW... if I were you, grab at least 2 Chatots with custom chatter recorded. It helps to know if you hit the right Timer0 (at least 6 of them in BW2), and what SSF you ended up getting.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Can anyone here please point me to a way to get RNG reporter to work on my Mac that actually works? Even with following the steps in the first post, I haven't been able to make it work. The links in the first post are broken, but even when I hunted down the locations for the programs and installed everything I needed, nothing worked. I'm using the latest generation of MacBook Pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

EDIT: If anyone can help me, I'll give them a copy of the 6 IV Heavy Ball Lugia I intend to RNG capture when I get this working!

Last edited:

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Thanks, I looked into that, but I'm trying to do it in my Soul Silver game, which PPRNG doesn't support, right? Or am I mistaken?
PPRNG on Mac supports Gen 4 and has for quite some time now. The interface differs a bit from RNG Reporter and there are a couple bugs (related to ESVs and a missing roamer location), but stationaries, breeding, wondercards, and ID abuse should work without issue.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
PPRNG on Mac supports Gen 4 and has for quite some time now. The interface differs a bit from RNG Reporter and there are a couple bugs (related to ESVs and a missing roamer location), but stationaries, breeding, wondercards, and ID abuse should work without issue.
Oh, great! Thanks for your help

Are there any side effects to having a really large delay in ID/SID manipulation? Having trouble finding a silly ID/SID and the delays it's searching through is getting really high.

Are there any side effects to having a really large delay in ID/SID manipulation? Having trouble finding a silly ID/SID and the delays it's searching through is getting really high.
Aside from waiting longer, I don't think there are any other concerns.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I believe any results with a delay above 65535 are incorrect. In any case, I also believe the value passed into the seed from delay would "loop around" past 65535.

I didn't quite understand the section with the legendary birds in Platinum. I don't have any roamers released yet and I want to get a perfect Zapdos, how exactly would I go about doing this? I have experience with capturing normal wild Pokémon.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I didn't quite understand the section with the legendary birds in Platinum. I don't have any roamers released yet and I want to get a perfect Zapdos, how exactly would I go about doing this? I have experience with capturing normal wild Pokémon.
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpphgss_rng_part2#roamers

Since you're still starting to release all roamers, take note of Zapdos' starting frame, which is written as 6.
For example your target frame is at 10, just do 10 - 6 = 4 more advances.

The remaining birds' starting frames will be in that order as what's in the link (so if Zapdos is caught, and you KO Moltres & Articuno, then beat E4 to respawn the remaining 2, Articuno will be now at starting frame of 6)

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpphgss_rng_part2#roamers

Since you're still starting to release all roamers, take note of Zapdos' starting frame, which is written as 6.
For example your target frame is at 10, just do 10 - 6 = 4 more advances.

The remaining birds' starting frames will be in that order as what's in the link (so if Zapdos is caught, and you KO Moltres & Articuno, then beat E4 to respawn the remaining 2, Articuno will be now at starting frame of 6)
That's the guide I was looking at.

I think I understand it now. There isn't any order I have to get them in. I was confused by this quote "*Choose one bird (preferably Moltres) and do your seed verification and frame advancements before releasing it."

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm having a problem trying to RNG a Shiny Patch for a Shiny Porygon with the Poké Radar in Diamond. I do every step shown in the guide as intended (confirm my seed via Coin Flips, start the Porygon chain, recharge the Poké Radar, etc) but, everytime i try to hit my target frame, the one the Researcher showed me it had a very low 16BitHigh value of 0003, the Shiny Patch simply doesn't appear, no matter what Patch number i try to make appear with the right advances.

Am i missing something there? or is the RNG being simply a dick with me? as the Guide suggests in case the Shiny Patch doesn't appear? ( ...if you don't then either the frame does not match up or the RNG decided the 4th patch would not contain the Pokemon you were chaining. ) Any help would be really appreciated.

Seed: F308156C
Frame: 1550
Hour: 8
PID: BB5DB879
!!!
Nature: Modest
Ability: 1
HP: 31
Atk: 14
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Spe: 31
Hidden Power: Dragon
Power: 70
50% F : F
12.5% F : M
25% F : M
75% F : F

Frame from the Researcher: 317 | 0003B31B | 0003 | B31B | 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 3 0 1 0

I´m looking for a way to get 6*31 IV Ditto and more importantly some Apricorn Pokeball captures in my HeartGold game.
I´ve tried to get RNG reporter running on my Mac (OS X 10.9.2) using the given links in post 1 and also the most viewed youtube tutorial, both do not work/ have invalid links.
Does anyone have a link or a method that is working fine?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I´m looking for a way to get 6*31 IV Ditto and more importantly some Apricorn Pokeball captures in my HeartGold game.
I´ve tried to get RNG reporter running on my Mac (OS X 10.9.2) using the given links in post 1 and also the most viewed youtube tutorial, both do not work/ have invalid links.
Does anyone have a link or a method that is working fine?
There is (and has been for a few years) a Mac RNG program. Check the link in my signature.

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, the encounter slot table for Emerald (Super Rod) shows Gyarados in Petalburg City, he's only obtainable in Sootopolis City. Should I just assume that was some sort of typo and treat it as it actually being Sootopolis City rather than what it actually says 'Petalburg City'?

EDIT: On somewhat the same note. I'm trying to RNG a Gyarados via Super Rod but my methods are all over the place. I'm getting Method H-4 more often than Method H-2 and sometimes I'm even getting Method H-1. Is this normal with Fishing Rod RNG?

There is (and has been for a few years) a Mac RNG program. Check the link in my signature.
Thank you chiizu, great to see someone putting so much effort into supplying the community :)
I was probably concerned that PPRNG wouldn´t work for HeartGold, because I could´t find a comment in that thread.
Will try it anyway.

So I'm breeding in SoulSilver. I already did the first step with getting a shiny and all that, but I completely forgot what to do next for IVs. I was following the onsite guide, and it didn't mention anything about getting a new target time. It was just talking about frame advancements. So I copied the seed I got from the EGG IVs search into seed to time and tried to hit the delay, and my results weren't even found... What exactly do I do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)