Role Playing World's Largest Dungeon - Day 1

"Well I'll be," Altezz says. "Maybe you lot are useful after all." He turns to Trinno as he walks towards the unconscious orc, dagger drawn. "Now what are you doing here...also check and see if these guys got any rope, quick."

17 perception to search the bodies quickly. I'm just looking for something to bind the unconscious orc, so a more thorough search I can do later.

"Ah, well." I strip the unconscious orc of his weapons, setting them far away from him. "Since this one seems to be less dead than the others, I vote he gets to test out my traps later." He looks over to Bleshet and pokes the gnoll. "Is he dead?"

"Oh, you're still alive. Great...." He shrugs. "So, what shall we do with this unwashed oaf over here?" he says, jerking a thumb towards the unconscious orc. "I think he may still make himself useful as bait and springing traps, but he may be better off dead. Whichever works for me."

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
"Well, I was tracking you down and you gave me the slip but I heard you were sentenced to here so here I am!" Trinno takes a breath.

"So...yeah. Bait sounds like a good idea, bro! Better safe than sorry!"

"I was wrong regarding battle tactics here. Initially a cautious and resource-conserving tactic seemed like the best plan. However, in retrospect my early advancing was bad. If we have a similar situation later we should arrange into two rows, ranged and skirmish, assessing carefully whether to charge or to hold the row on a case-by-case basis. In narrow corridors and smaller rooms we should always aim for a decisive first strike."

Bleshet takes a falchion and three javelins. "Lovely, indeed."

Dropping light crossbow and bolt.

"Can anyone of you heal wounds manually? If not, let Altezz explore the northernmost doorway before we all go there. Stahl should be at front now that I am wounded."

((Gimme movement control rights.))

Last edited:
35 damage for the coup. ((This is a rule I always forget.))

"I need medical attention. Also, wonderful to behold you also being able to heal via magical means."

I start dragging an orc around from its knee while holding a falchion on the other hand.

The kobold rolls his eyes, muttering swears under his breath in Draconic. "You could have at least waited until the rest of us said something before you acted. Have you no concept of patience, because I must admit mine is running thin right now."

As he reloads his crossbow, he continues, "Listen, you mangy-furred simpleton, I don't know know how you got it into your head that you are somehow qualified to act as leader for our motley crew, but you have given me no reason to trust your judgment after that last stunt. I mean, just think," he says, pointing at the dead orc. "Did you think even for a moment he might not be good to eat? You saw them all look sickly, coughing and all. And even if there is no disease, how do you expect his corpse to keep?"

He folds his arms. "Honestly, I expected some degree of competence, from you, but I fear I was mistaken."

"I apologize, Altezz. From now on I will endeavor to have my actions be more in line of the vocalized wishes of the others."

"Now I shall address the two other points of concern you expressed. Firstly, regarding the orc meat." *takes a bite from the orc's forearm* "I have not had experience in cannibalism, but in my past life I read of a scholar who had studied savage tribes of different races. According to that scholar the tastiest bit of a humanoid is the forearm, preferably female. But no doubt if we will be struck here for an extended period of time we will have to resort to the less savoury flesh as well. I have no moral qualms with this practice and trust in my bodily constitution and our collective healing skills to deal with any possible disease. This is a reason to eat the orcs first and rations later."

"Depending leadership, it is vital to seize the initiative in a group event to emphasize the need of leadership, especially if one wants to be a candidate for leadership. I think my verboseness and bulk in skirmishes are significant factors in why I should be it. Now, I do not think that leadership is something that should be pursued for the sake of it, but rather a minor tool that we should utilise for the greater goal of efficiency. I for one think that Altezz would make for a fine leader. He is active and clear in his output. I think you all are excellent candidates for officers but me and Altezz being the most responsible ones. Because I am biased due to running for leadership myself, and not having heard any seconding notions towards either party or a third contestant stepping up, I think that we should decide our leader right now. Now, I do not know on your racial customs on picking leaders but based on my limited study on ethnic meritocracies, a display or contest of prowess is usually in order. What about a little hand-wrestle, Altezz? We can use a fallen orc as a base to wrestle on."

Bleshet beams a genuine gnoll smile towards Altezz while saying this, all while casually munching bloody orc hock.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
"I don't know, man. I'm not as smart as my bro here, but I know that we are physically weaker than you are. I think that maybe some sort of test of wits would be a, you know, NOT RIGGED form of decision."

Trinno recovers psionic focus.

"Just my two copper."

Altezz raises an eyebrow, er, eyeridge. "Look, just because you you have a fancy vocabulary ( a rather pretentious one in my opinion) doesn't mean you're intelligent enough to lead this troupe. And an arm wrestle? No thanks, I'm smart enough to know a rigged contest when I see one."

He shrugs. "So we have two dead orcs and nothing much to show for it. I might as well check the doors--don't think I'm doing this because you told me to," he says as he goes to the western door. 17 perception to check for traps on it, 18 if there's actually traps on it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)