5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I just RNGed a shiny Regirock, and the starting frame was as it is in the Reporter (I.E. 14 advances.) Maybe I thinked that because I recall when I RNGed a Genesect and Keldeo Wondercard, the starting frame was a bit off in Nimbasa City PokeCenter.

Nope, why?
Don't recall if there are WNPC's in Nimbasa, but in 9.96.5 there is a known bug that causes the starting frames for Wondercards to be slightly off in the main window (to quote the development notes, "Wondercards frames are incorrect, they don’t match between main and time finder (main is correct) PIDRNG starting frames might also be 1 off for them.") That's probably what you were thinking of, as you said.

Kadabrium was trying to account for the +2 difference (see this post for more info if you're interested)

How could I abuse the IVs of the Shiny Genesect event (always Hasty and shiny, Attack and Speed IVs set to 31)?

I've been trying to hit several seeds on my Japanese White 2, but every time I check Chatot's summary screen, the pitches don't match the current desired one. Am I doing something wrong?

i have similar question....only i'm trying to rng a pokemon which can be shiny
i found a good seed, hit it and advanced to the frame in front of it and it wasn't shiny, IVs and nature were what it should've been shiny

do i have to input the tid/sid from the wondercard somewhere?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
How could I abuse the IVs of the Shiny Genesect event (always Hasty and shiny, Attack and Speed IVs set to 31)?

I've been trying to hit several seeds on my Japanese White 2, but every time I check Chatot's summary screen, the pitches don't match the current desired one. Am I doing something wrong?
Timer0 trolls-a-lot I guess...
Keep trying.
And IIRC as what I noticed, the starting frame is really minus 2 from what RNG Reporter says (probably a bug or something).

i have similar question....only i'm trying to rng a pokemon which can be shiny
i found a good seed, hit it and advanced to the frame in front of it and it wasn't shiny, IVs and nature were what it should've been shiny

do i have to input the tid/sid from the wondercard somewhere?
Uh are you trying to do wondercard RNGs yes?
IIRC, only certain Japanese WCs can be shiny (such as Groudon, Kyogre, etc...)

Don't recall if there are WNPC's in Nimbasa, but in 9.96.5 there is a known bug that causes the starting frames for Wondercards to be slightly off in the main window (to quote the development notes, "Wondercards frames are incorrect, they don’t match between main and time finder (main is correct) PIDRNG starting frames might also be 1 off for them.") That's probably what you were thinking of, as you said.
Oh, then that could be why. Guess that only applies to Wondercard then.

Timer0 trolls-a-lot I guess...
Keep trying.
And IIRC as what I noticed, the starting frame is really minus 2 from what RNG Reporter says (probably a bug or something).

Uh are you trying to do wondercard RNGs yes?
IIRC, only certain Japanese WCs can be shiny (such as Groudon, Kyogre, etc...)

it was for kyogre and groudon.
but yeah i already solved it, i put the card it's tid/sid in the timefinder

So I'm using the 9.96.5 RNG Reporter and I'm trying to catch a shiny Uxie in Black 2. My target seed is 88FF24158BA3E34A and my target frame is 315. My MAC address is 224CBEB0C0. I verify my seed by using the Chatot pitches. I haven't tried capturing the Uxie yet because my pitches don't seem to match what the RNG reporter is stating. I understand that the Timer0s cannot be controlled, I'm just wondering if there is a reason why I can't seem to hit my seed at all? I was able to hit my seed a few days ago trying to capture an Azelf, but I just can't seem to do it with this Uxie. Is it just a case of keep trying until I get it? Also, if my keypresses are A-B-Right do I need to hit them in that order, or can I hold down B and Right then continue to hold A when the timer hits zero?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So I'm using the 9.96.5 RNG Reporter and I'm trying to catch a shiny Uxie in Black 2. My target seed is 88FF24158BA3E34A and my target frame is 315. My MAC address is 224CBEB0C0. I verify my seed by using the Chatot pitches. I haven't tried capturing the Uxie yet because my pitches don't seem to match what the RNG reporter is stating. I understand that the Timer0s cannot be controlled, I'm just wondering if there is a reason why I can't seem to hit my seed at all? I was able to hit my seed a few days ago trying to capture an Azelf, but I just can't seem to do it with this Uxie. Is it just a case of keep trying until I get it? Also, if my keypresses are A-B-Right do I need to hit them in that order, or can I hold down B and Right then continue to hold A when the timer hits zero?
Part of the problem may be that there are seven WNPCs in that area that all affect Uxie, which advances the PIDRNG rather fast. Try catching it to see what PID frame it matches (assuming you hit your Timer0).

This is probably well off topic but I have no idea where to go with this so here it goes:

With the shut down of WiFi for the DS/Wii software imminent, I decided I needed to go back and re-obtain the TID/SID combos for all of my 4th/5th gen games. (I'm an idiot and didn't keep track of them). I am using one DS lite for this (I abuse most of my pokes on this DS). I have two internet connections at my house (One is a 4G home router from Verizon, it has a 30 GB data limit and is password encrypted. I'm fairly certain it's not compatible with my DS software. The second connection is the one I use for gaming. It's a Verizon 3G Unlimited USB router hooked up to a Cradlepoint WiFi modem. It is not encrypted. In the past I would use this connection to hook up to pokecheck.)

Long story short, I can't hook up to Pokecheck anymore. I ran the tool on Pokecheck's website to figure out if my ISP was blocking the DNS change and low and behold, it is. None of my 4th gen and 5th gen games will connect to pokecheck's server. They all reroute to the legitimate GTS Server instead.

Can anyone assist me in this? Why is my router blocking the DNS change suddenly? It hasn't done this before. I was able to hook up to Pokecheck a year ago with no issues. If it matters I'm using a different computer than before, I have a DELL Inspiron Laptop running Windows 8. Keep in mind I am not that computer literate; I didn't change any router settings for this to happen. Could anyone with expertise in this assist me?

Part of the problem may be that there are seven WNPCs in that area that all affect Uxie, which advances the PIDRNG rather fast. Try catching it to see what PID frame it matches (assuming you hit your Timer0).
Ah, you were correct. After a couple of attempts I finally was able to verify that I hit my seed when I got one and input the stats information into the IV checker. The IVs were correct and it showed me that the frame jumped all the way up to 61. I have yet to hit my seed again for some reason, but at least I have a starting point. Thank you very much.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is probably well off topic but I have no idea where to go with this so here it goes:

With the shut down of WiFi for the DS/Wii software imminent, I decided I needed to go back and re-obtain the TID/SID combos for all of my 4th/5th gen games. (I'm an idiot and didn't keep track of them). I am using one DS lite for this (I abuse most of my pokes on this DS). I have two internet connections at my house (One is a 4G home router from Verizon, it has a 30 GB data limit and is password encrypted. I'm fairly certain it's not compatible with my DS software. The second connection is the one I use for gaming. It's a Verizon 3G Unlimited USB router hooked up to a Cradlepoint WiFi modem. It is not encrypted. In the past I would use this connection to hook up to pokecheck.)

Long story short, I can't hook up to Pokecheck anymore. I ran the tool on Pokecheck's website to figure out if my ISP was blocking the DNS change and low and behold, it is. None of my 4th gen and 5th gen games will connect to pokecheck's server. They all reroute to the legitimate GTS Server instead.

Can anyone assist me in this? Why is my router blocking the DNS change suddenly? It hasn't done this before. I was able to hook up to Pokecheck a year ago with no issues. If it matters I'm using a different computer than before, I have a DELL Inspiron Laptop running Windows 8. Keep in mind I am not that computer literate; I didn't change any router settings for this to happen. Could anyone with expertise in this assist me?
Did you change your Internet provider? It's also possible that they implemented the block after you last used it.

Did you change your Internet provider? It's also possible that they implemented the block after you last used it.
I did not. I have been with Verizon for awhile. I used the same connection (USB modem and all) since I last accessed Pokecheck successfully (which was about a year or so ago).
Is there anything I can do to correct this or is it all out of my control?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I did not. I have been with Verizon for awhile. I used the same connection (USB modem and all) since I last accessed Pokecheck successfully (which was about a year or so ago).
Is there anything I can do to correct this or is it all out of my control?
It would be out of your control. You could try from a friend's house or something.

Does anyone have the encounter slots (hidden grotto specifically) saved somewhere? The site seems to be down and I can't find a cached version anywhere.

I was trying to get a 0/0/0/0/0/0 Ditto in Pokémon White. I ended up getting a Clefairy with the same IVs. It was on IV frame 13 with timer0 C7F. I never made any intentional PIDRNG advancements though I assume taking 256 steps with the last step being into grass somehow affected that. What's odd is its characteristic is Loves to Eat, and RNG reporter isn't finding anything on the PIDRNG search for that, then again, perhaps I'm using it wrong. The seed is 6AC517CC92A6D374 please help. Thunderus is released, though it wasn't in the area, if that matters somehow. It's never been a problem before. It has Magic Guard, is female, and is Jolly via a synchronizer.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I was trying to get a 0/0/0/0/0/0 Ditto in Pokémon White. I ended up getting a Clefairy with the same IVs. It was on IV frame 13 with timer0 C7F. I never made any intentional PIDRNG advancements though I assume taking 256 steps with the last step being into grass somehow affected that. What's odd is its characteristic is Loves to Eat, and RNG reporter isn't finding anything on the PIDRNG search for that, then again, perhaps I'm using it wrong. The seed is 6AC517CC92A6D374 please help. Thunderus is released, though it wasn't in the area, if that matters somehow. It's never been a problem before. It has Magic Guard, is female, and is Jolly via a synchronizer.
Hmm, what's your target frame for the ditto?
I guess there are plenty of frames with Loves to Eat, ability 1 (Clefairy's Magic Guard), female at 75% F, synchable frame, encounter slots 0 & 2...
Nearest frames of those BTW are 55, 62, 115, and 119.

And BTW, Thundurus won't be in the Giant Chasm. Since he's released, you're SSF must be 50 instead of 49.

Try using chatots next time... it helps a lot.

Its not like theres only 1 frame with ditto or sth..

Hmm, what's your target frame for the ditto?
I guess there are plenty of frames with Loves to Eat, ability 1 (Clefairy's Magic Guard), female at 75% F, synchable frame, encounter slots 0 & 2...
Nearest frames of those BTW are 55, 62, 115, and 119.

And BTW, Thundurus won't be in the Giant Chasm. Since he's released, you're SSF must be 50 instead of 49.

Try using chatots next time... it helps a lot.
I was under the impression that since I just searched for the IVs under those encounter slots it would be PIDRNG frame 1, I'm begging to realize that may be completely wrong.
I'll pick a target frame if I know what my starting frame is, and how much those steps and advance it....

RNG reporter didn't list anything for Loves to Eat, it seemed to only show characteristics that imply a perfect IV.

SSF?

I brought a Chatot with me just in case.

I was under the impression that since I just searched for the IVs under those encounter slots it would be PIDRNG frame 1, I'm begging to realize that may be completely wrong.
I'll pick a target frame if I know what my starting frame is, and how much those steps and advance it....

RNG reporter didn't list anything for Loves to Eat, it seemed to only show characteristics that imply a perfect IV.

SSF?

I brought a Chatot with me just in case.
doesnt it let you input ivs when you ask for characteristics?

doesnt it let you input ivs when you ask for characteristics?
Oh! It does. Thank you. I didn't see that there.

This means I very likely was on PIDRNG frame 12 unless it's somehow possible to have gotten to 55. Frame 13 gives Ditto, so it looks like I need to just play one chatter to get it provided timer0 leaves me alone.

Last edited:
Ok... I got another all 0 Clefairy. This time I did 1 Chatot Chatter before the usual walking. Abillity 0. Rash nature with Jolly synchronizer. Female. Loves to eat. I got no results this time. I'm sure timer0 was right otherwise the IVs wouldn't have been 0. So... what happened here?

Ok... I got another all 0 Clefairy. This time I did 1 Chatot Chatter before the usual walking. Abillity 0. Rash nature with Jolly synchronizer. Female. Loves to eat. I got no results this time. I'm sure timer0 was right otherwise the IVs wouldn't have been 0. So... what happened here?
derp
the first match seems to be on frame 1348.
you sure you have defogged?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)