Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i'm a little salty that they didn't nerf rag so it could target anything on the board, but can't have everything and I'm so happy Tink is going away.

I opened a back and got a second Hungry crab.... never do see murloc decks when i play the deck containing them :(

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion

Sword of Justice, two Truesilver. Pyro/Equality/Consecration trinity, albeit only one of each. GET DOWN, FOLLOW ZEE RULEZ. Hammer, Protector, Kings and top the curve of two token-boosting BEHOLD THE MIGHT OF STORMWINDS.

12-1, and the one I lost was because I kept Truesilver instead of Consecration in a slow hand and got rolled by GOLDSHIRE FOOTMAN eating my Turn 2 token as Jungle Panther and Scarlet Crusader mauled me from behind it. :( If I had kept Consecration, I probably would've rolled him.

wow, very justice, such paladin, etc.

Last edited:

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm really sick of everyone copying internet decks instead making their own. If I run into one more Druid Savage Roar deck or the Warrior that runs Gorehowl / Alex / Rag / Syl / Carine I'm going to flip my laptop.

I'm really sick of everyone copying internet decks instead making their own. If I run into one more Druid Savage Roar deck or the Warrior that runs Gorehowl / Alex / Rag / Syl / Carine I'm going to flip my laptop.
Why? Those decks are highly optimized and often pretty close to the best possible for what they are trying accomplish. I think it's fine to go steal someone else's deck if you can legitimately find no way to improve upon it, and at this point in Hearthstone with such relatively limited card options, except for teching against a specific deck type you personally see a lot of there really are few ways to improve upon these decks. I know it isn't fun to see the same thing over and over but you can't really fault people for playing to win.

Matthew

Why? Those decks are highly optimized and often pretty close to the best possible for what they are trying accomplish. I think it's fine to go steal someone else's deck if you can legitimately find no way to improve upon it, and at this point in Hearthstone with such relatively limited card options, except for teching against a specific deck type you personally see a lot of there really are few ways to improve upon these decks. I know it isn't fun to see the same thing over and over but you can't really fault people for playing to win.
I'm at 7 with a Pali deck I thought of myself. Don't see why other people have to run boring Druid or Warrior decks. The coolest p2w deck is the AoB deck though

Matthew

alright fuck I have no idea how to play the Savage Roar Druid deck. It just does not flow.

Matthew

well guys I broke down and crafted the holy trinity of legendaries for my pali deck. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner with the 6k dust I had from playing Arena but it's finished. This deck is super strong and has gotten me to rank 6 (soon to be 5) today. Cairne is basically not really necessary, so I'm probably taking him out for a different card soon enough but here you go:

and after recently discovering hearthstats today here is my record:

strong against all types of rush decks, a bit short on Warlock giants but if you can get your equalities and a pyro / concentrate you're going to end up in a fairly good position. Biggest threat against this deck is the legendary Warrior deck, but I think I could have played better and kept my Guardians until the Alex finally came out. Anyway if you guys want to test it out go ahead!

Ysera is basically there for some more card draw and the hopes of getting Ysera Awakenings for another chance for Equality to shine thorough. But all of the Ysera cards are strong in this deck.

EDIT:

Some notes:
Against Hunter you play a long game, don't have more than 2 minions on the board at one time. You can have 3 but that's a bit risky unless Tirion is out or you have another high HP taunt via Sunfury.

Ideal hands against Druid consists of either a True Silver or you have an Equality to handle his Rag / Ysera.

Warrior I'm still not sure what the "best" hand is. I'd assume it'd consists of Squire and Harvest but that's up in the air. The key is remembering that you're at 15 health until the Alex drops, so keep your healing until Alex is actually out.

Pyro is not a 2 drop, don't drop it until you can combo it with a Hammer, Consecrate, or Equality.

Last edited:
gettign rather tedius, only Paladin left to level to 10, matchups keep giving me terrible hands, or facing decks with legendries. when leveling up stuff this is plain stupid, wasted 2 hours on druid, got 1 win and got to 10, now to ditch that, hard to play hunter to clear the stupid 60g quest for more space for more quests.

Matthew

gettign rather tedius, only Paladin left to level to 10, matchups keep giving me terrible hands, or facing decks with legendries. when leveling up stuff this is plain stupid, wasted 2 hours on druid, got 1 win and got to 10, now to ditch that, hard to play hunter to clear the stupid 60g quest for more space for more quests.
Rush hunter is like one of the cheapest (dust wise) decks to make. Maybe Warmurlock is cheapier but there's no reason to have difficulties playing Hunter.

what is the frequency for a legendary? i've opened 30 packs (yea i know so little), and i still haevn't got one :/. The only satisfaction i have is getting total dominance once every 3 days or so :)

Last edited:
i'm not struggling playing hunter, its low level stuff using 1-9 level decks, and matchups against decks with full golden basics, legnedaries epics and loads of rares.
I went to hunter to actually win, which i did.

just had a decent game against a priest with my Paladin, which Reached 10 on that win had 4 HP left at the end, and lots of tactical play instead of boring facesmashing.

Last edited:
what is the frequency for a legendary? i've opened 30 packs (yea i know so little), and i still haevn't got one :/. The only satisfaction i have is getting total dominance once every 3 days or so :)
iirc ive heard its like a 5% chance one is hiding away in ur pack but i could be wrong

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Oh, i must be the unluckiest :/
Sounds very unlucky. My luck is pretty good opening packs in this game, I say I get a golden legendary about every 50 packs. It's how I have been able to get pretty much every card in this game. That 1600 dust for shit like golden hogger too good pass up.

Also fuck the meta is so boring right now, if hunter didn't exist I could run so more much different shit. I don't even care about any other aggro decks, just hunter annoys me greatly.

Matthew

Sounds very unlucky. My luck is pretty good opening packs in this game, I say I get a golden legendary about every 50 packs. It's how I have been able to get pretty much every card in this game. That 1600 dust for shit like golden hogger too good pass up.

Also fuck the meta is so boring right now, if hunter didn't exist I could run so more much different shit. I don't even care about any other aggro decks, just hunter annoys me greatly.
Hunter is the easiest of the aggro decks to handle. It's seriously just play it slow and only have a max of 2 minions on the board and get some Taunt running.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Hunter is the easiest of the aggro decks to handle. It's seriously just play it slow and only have a max of 2 minions on the board and get some Taunt running.
I know how to beat it, it's just boring. At least with warlock aggro I can play my minions and interact with the board.

Matthew

I know how to beat it, it's just boring. At least with warlock aggro I can play my minions and interact with the board.
I find Hunter to be the most interesting to play. I have to play around Secrets, my board presence (do I sacrifice this minion for no reason just so I can play a bigger minion?) and have to keep a handle on my life for the Leeroy UTH combo. Warlocks are, as MrE put it, hand vomit. There's rarely strategy to it and if you can maintain a board until turn 6 against Zoo or Murloc then you have scored yourself a victory.

Warlocks are the most annoying because they're literally just throwing minions out and hoping "to the face" will kill them fast enough.

In that same regard Paladin rush is really hard to play against :c

first time i got the 100g quest, win 7 games in ANY MODE
took my mage and worked my way through the expert AI, only 1 of those left to do now, and as they count for this quest, and the AI give better geames then annoying facesmashing, did play 1 as rogue in random play, and laughed as a hunter with 6 hp ignored my Minion, and smashed against face... I had a weapon for 3, and the minion does 3, can have 3 snakes and 2 dogs+ 1 other all you want lol.

I find shaman more annoying, gets annoying with stupid 0/3 totem giving everything +2

Hunter secrets need toning down somewhat

do enjoy my mage deck, play lots of spell cards for the wyrms having Illidan Stormrage the spell cards allow him to become dominant as much as hunters silly hounds.

Matthew I have found your hero, a shining light in the dark.

Edit: In all seriousness, good luck with getting to legend!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)