UU Simple Questions Thread

From my experience with this gen's UU so far, Poliwrath is still a great hard check to Crawdaunt. He's immune to Crawdaunt's water STAB, resists his dark STAB, and can phaze him out with Circle Throw.

Intimidate Qwilfish cripples Crawdaunt pretty well, too, whittling him down with Thunder Wave and Poison Jab. Does anyone have any experience using Tangrowth to counter/check Crawdaunt?
Chesnaught works decently well also.

Salamence and Weavile don't balance each other out. Weavile balances Salamence out but not the other way around, meaning that Weavile probably will get banned again (except if it isn't broken anymore) and therefore, Salamence too.
Yeah I was under the assumption it may not be broken anymore. As in if Salamence was still too hard to check, Weavile joins in order to see if it can balance it out, Weavile is deemed not broken for whatever reason given the current tier and as a result neither is Salamence. idk if this is even remotely likely to fan out like this but this is just an example, there are probably other instances where something similar occurs.

Still want an official answer for if this may actually be a thing.

Yeah I was under the assumption it may not be broken anymore. As in if Salamence was still too hard to check, Weavile joins in order to see if it can balance it out, Weavile is deemed not broken for whatever reason and as a result neither is Salamence. idk if this is even remotely likely to fan out like this but this is just an example, there are probably other instances where something similar occurs.

Why do I get the feeling this May turn into a mod flame war again? You mods are the worst at getting into these. Anyway, to answer you for an official answer:
^Read that. Then realize he is the tier leader. Pretty sure that makes it official, unless he's the unofficial tier leader and there's a real one that I don't know about.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
radianthero156 , koko already gave a short and to the point answer, but considering the fact we're retesting all BL mons, there's bound to be many shifts in the metagame during this time that would prevent us from being able to write effectively accurate analyses for most Pokemon right now. Once we get through most of the BL tests, we'll probably be able to start writing analyses (which I'm excited for tbh)

Ah, forgot about our fighting chipmunk friend!

Looks like I won't get a chance to try that out, though, with Crawdaunt out of the tier and all.
Crawdaunt will likely be reintroduced into the tier for suspect at a later date, I believe. I just now realized Chesnaught was a chipmunk thanks to your post. It makes me love him even more.

Why do I get the feeling this May turn into a mod flame war again? You mods are the worst at getting into these. Anyway, to answer you for an official answer:

^Read that. Then realize he is the tier leader. Pretty sure that makes it official, unless he's the unofficial tier leader and there's a real one that I don't know about.
To be fair, it's difficult to tell for certain which question he is answering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crawdaunt will likely be reintroduced into the tier for suspect at a later date, I believe. I just now realized Chesnaught was a chipmunk thanks to your post. It makes me love him even more.

To be fair, it's difficult to tell for certain which question he is answering.
(Last edited by a mod: 50 minutes ago)
Swamp-Rocket perhaps?

Ah, forgot about our fighting chipmunk friend!

Looks like I won't get a chance to try that out, though, with Crawdaunt out of the tier and all.
Crawdaunt also can only Superpower Hydreigon, who starts Roosting+a Lefties recovery+attack lowering=Crawdaunt starts doing 20%~ with each sp. Afaik, Poliwrath is a solid counter too. Really, though, it has had quite a few checks too.

Anyone know when PS updates with the latest round of bans? There's still a lot of Salamence, Haxorus, Hydreigon and Crawdaunt on the ladder.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Anyone know when PS updates with the latest round of bans? There's still a lot of Salamence, Haxorus, Hydreigon and Crawdaunt on the ladder.
Whenever Antar is able to update the ladder on PS. Not exactly sure when that'll be, but he's the one that usually updates the PS ladders.

Yeah I was under the assumption it may not be broken anymore. As in if Salamence was still too hard to check, Weavile joins in order to see if it can balance it out, Weavile is deemed not broken for whatever reason given the current tier and as a result neither is Salamence. idk if this is even remotely likely to fan out like this but this is just an example, there are probably other instances where something similar occurs.

This isn't exactly the same as your question, but it was answered here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/np-xy-uu-stage-1-reload.3502404/#post-5315330

(The question is in the post directly before this one)

(Last edited by a mod: 50 minutes ago)
Swamp-Rocket perhaps?
Whoever the mod was, they just edited 2 comments I made into 1 without changing their content, which is fine by me.

Ernesto edit: Yea, you'd double posted so I just merged them. Apparently I can't do that silently, which sucks a bit, but whatever.

Does anyone know an IV spread to have Hidden power ice on Raikou with as little attack investment as possible (for foul play) or a means of calculating this?

I'm probably wrong but I was under the impression that you could drop down to 0 IV for the attack stat now that the BP of Hidden Power has a set value of 60 - not that it makes much difference either way of course...

edit at below: after double checking on PS! 0IV in attack is the optimal choice. The only thing that matters is whether or not the IV is odd or even. Going for 2 last gen was a matter of keeping the BP at 70

Last edited:
Where are the vote totals for the latest bans?
hawlucha - yyyyyyyyyy 10
houndoominite - yyyyyy 6
salamence - yyyyyyyy 8
magnezone - yyyyyyy 7
haxorus - yyyyyyyyy 9
hydreigon - yyyyyyy 7
crawdaunt - yyyyyyyyyy 10
klefki - yyyyyyyyy 9
swagger - yyyyyyyyyyy 11
cloyster - y 1
aggronite - y 1
blastoiseite - y 1
mienshao - yyyy 4
tornadus-t - yyyy 4
scald - y 1
mew - y 1
knock off - yyyy 4
suicune - y 1
starmie - y 1

6 or more=ban

hawlucha - yyyyyyyyyy 10
houndoominite - yyyyyy 6
salamence - yyyyyyyy 8
magnezone - yyyyyyy 7
haxorus - yyyyyyyyy 9
hydreigon - yyyyyyy 7
crawdaunt - yyyyyyyyyy 10
klefki - yyyyyyyyy 9
swagger - yyyyyyyyyyy 11
cloyster - y 1
aggronite - y 1
blastoiseite - y 1
mienshao - yyyy 4
tornadus-t - yyyy 4
scald - y 1
mew - y 1
knock off - yyyy 4
suicune - y 1
starmie - y 1

6 or more=ban
thanks

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
How do I EV a Kyurem that meets the following conditions?

It must have 252 Speed Timid and 31 Speed IVs
It must be able to make Subs with at least 101 HP
It must be able to use Substitute 5 times in a row from 100% health while holding Leftovers (and of course nothing silly like SS would be up)

If this isn't possible because the last condition please tell me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)