Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran into that team on my first queue and just noped out of there. Not worth the aggravation!
That was an annoying team yeah.
Thankfully I was messing around with a mega aggron that didn't care diddly about all the swaggering. (Was messing with a silly phasing set that was based around iron defense+roar of all things) worked out really well against him.

Though not technically on the ladder, I saw this post on GameFAQs, on a thread about ragequits:

Any Japanese player. So far everyone of them I've played uses unfair tactics. One guy wiped out all but one of my Pokemon in a triple battle with Tauros. He wiped out my Samurott with a Thunderbolt. I know Samurott only has a Base 70 Sp. Def stat but still Tauros is not a special attacker. Without having hacked it, there's no way he could OHKO my Samurott. Then also other Japanese players I've played against used event legendaries which is also cheating. Those sorts of Pokemon have no business in any normal Wi-Fi battle.
So I decided to run the calculations to see if such a thing was possible:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Tauros Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Samurott: 282-332 (85.1 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

And that's considering the Samurott has a neutral nature. Which a SpDef reducing nature, the chance raises to 62.5%.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, somebody was using a Choice Specs Tauros, and making it work.

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
Round 6 of "Can you watch this without injuring yourself?" http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-100286451

- Hyper Beam Porygon-Z? It's powerful, but recharge fucks you over...and he could've used ice beam on gligar...
- He used T-WAVE ON MY NIDOKING
- Mega Aggron with avalanche...and doesn't OHKO my eviolite gligar...
- He switched in rhyperior to take a fucking bullet punch?
- Alomomola
- Why'd alomomola stay in with breloom? (Trying a technician set btw, working great)
- Healing wish is fair enough, I guess.
- Seriously, where the fuck is ice beam?
- What the hell, he used t-wave on a 1 HP Breloom?

:/

Random Shit volume 59: Not Sick Anymore Edition
-Torrent Greninja with Hydro Cannon.
-Switching int Delphox on an EQ and somehow surviving.
-Draco Meteor Tyrantrum. Please stop doing that. It then used Dragon Claw and a resisted HP on Azumarill.
-Non Magic Guard Alakazam using Psychic on Tyranitar.
-Alomomola using Mirror Coat... on Umbreon.
-Venusaur using Sludge Bomb on Aegislash.
-Said Aegislash had a Shell Bell.
-Talonflame should totally set up on Tyrantrum. Stone Edge won't do anything...
-Sand Veil Donphan with no sand setup in sight.
-If your opponent has a mono-grass team, I'm sure EQ is a good move to use.
-Latios with a HP type that was SE on Infernape.
-Some Hydreigon that thought it was Halloween and dressed up as Critdra. It worked, at least.
-Petilil. And it forced a ragequit after putting Talonflame to sleep.
-Work Up Jolteon.
-Farfetch'd.
-Misdreavus.
-Magcargo with both Weak Armor and Shell Smash. Better screw my best stat in favor of my worst. And it got a sweep, or would have if the opponent hadn't forfeited.
-Dragonite spamming Dragon Claw on Togekiss. Wasn't even choiced.
-Hyper Voice Blissey. On the one hand, it's STAB. On the other, she used it on Aegislash. She also had Ice Beam.
-Tangela.
-Mixed Y-zard.

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
-Draco Meteor Tyrantrum. Please stop doing that. It then used Dragon Claw and a resisted HP on Azumarill.
-Some Hydreigon that thought it was Halloween and dressed up as Critdra. It worked, at least.
-Work Up Jolteon.
-Farfetch'd.
-Misdreavus.
-Magcargo with both Weak Armor and Shell Smash. Better screw my best stat in favor of my worst. And it got a sweep, or would have if the opponent hadn't forfeited.
-Hyper Voice Blissey. On the one hand, it's STAB. On the other, she used it on Aegislash. She also had Ice Beam.
-Tangela.
-Mixed Y-zard.
A lot of these things aren't valid, and I'm beginning to think these are kinda fake.

- Tangela is amazing with eviolite/Chlorophyll
- Y-Zard has 100 attack, so if one physical move came up, it's not too bad.
- Farfetch'd can work, I run one on my UU team.
- Magcargo works with shell smash, you even said it got a sweep

Once again though, the rest is pretty bad.

Round 6 of "Can you watch this without injuring yourself?" http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-100286451

- Mega Aggron with avalanche...and doesn't OHKO my eviolite gligar...

:/
252+ Atk Mega Aggron Avalanche(120BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 284-336 (85.2 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
Gligar can survive Avalance from max attack Megaggron, then again I don't know the EVs of your gligar or his Megaggron, though I doubt he was a max attack Megaggron anyway.

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
252+ Atk Mega Aggron Avalanche(120BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 284-336 (85.2 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
Gligar can survive Avalance from max attack Megaggron, then again I don't know the EVs of your gligar or his Megaggron, though I doubt he was a max attack Megaggron anyway.
I'm impish 252 HP/252 Def with a nice 4 attack. But that's kinda weird, megaggron is offensively improved, so...

- Hyper Beam Porygon-Z? It's powerful, but recharge fucks you over...and he could've used ice beam on gligar...
I've actually seen this before and it's not that bad. Yeah, the recharge sucks, but with the adaptability boost it basically obliterates anything that doesn't resist it (and a few things that do).

But you're right about Gliscor, he should have gone for Ice Beam instead. Maybe he was expecting a switch...?

- Alomomola
Alomomola's a good wish passer. Don't knock it.

-Mixed Y-zard.
I recently went up against a Y-zard using Ancient Power, of all things. The worst part was that he got the stat boost after the first time he used it.

-Work Up Jolteon.
-Farfetch'd.
-Misdreavus.
-Tangela.
-Mixed Y-zard.
Latios could have HP Ground (Works against Heatran, does more than Surf, doesn't require Defence-lowering nature)
Critdreigon actually works. With 100% crits it can spam Draco Meteors and Superpowers all day

Latios could have HP Ground (Works against Heatran, does more than Surf, doesn't require Defence-lowering nature)
Critdreigon actually works. With 100% crits it can spam Draco Meteors and Superpowers all day
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 204-240 (52.8 - 62.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 272-324 (70.4 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
They're both 2HKOes anyways.

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 204-240 (52.8 - 62.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 272-324 (70.4 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
They're both 2HKOes anyways.
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Surf vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 282-332 (87 - 102.4%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 376-444 (116 - 137%) -- guaranteed OHKO
There are different Heatran sets, y'know. Yup, Surf is preferable after Rocks but still, who knows if you are against bulky attacking Heatran or standard offensive variant

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Surf vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 282-332 (87 - 102.4%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 376-444 (116 - 137%) -- guaranteed OHKO
There are different Heatran sets, y'know. Yup, Surf is preferable after Rocks but still, who knows if you are against bulky attacking Heatran or standard offensive variant
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Surf vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 282-332 (87 - 102.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
I've actually seen this before and it's not that bad. Yeah, the recharge sucks, but with the adaptability boost it basically obliterates anything that doesn't resist it (and a few things that do).

But you're right about Gliscor, he should have gone for Ice Beam instead. Maybe he was expecting a switch...?

Alomomola's a good wish passer. Don't knock it.

I recently went up against a Y-zard using Ancient Power, of all things. The worst part was that he got the stat boost after the first time he used it.
Heh, so I guess we're on the same page :/ And adaptability is always default on Porygon-Z, except Tri attack is usually the better option.

As for alomomola, it's alomomola. It never peaked over RU for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 30)