Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man I found a great one.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-100659659

Mono-type bug team vs. poorly played OU team.
Scizor used swords dance!
Scizor used baton pass!
*sends out shedinja*
Shedinja is hurt by stealth rock!

Passed attack to a shedinja, with rocks up. So many things wrong

Then, with volcarona out, dual screen espeon uses reflect, then dies

Somehow, this one ends in a tie.

The opposing Azelf used Trick!
The opposing Azelf switched items with its target!
Combusken obtained one Master Ball.
The opposing Azelf obtained one Focus Sash.

Master Ball. Master Ball. MASTER BALL.

why

-Some Hydreigon that thought it was Halloween and dressed up as Critdra. It worked, at least.
To be fair to this, using Focus energy gives you a 50% critical rate in Generation 6. Using this in tandem with a Scope Lens gives you a 100% critical rate. Which in effect is a Choice Specs without the Choice, which also ignores defensive boots for a turn of setup.

Not awful.

Last edited:
To be fair to this, using Focus energy gives you a 50% critical rate in Generation 6. Using this in tandem with a Scope Lens gives you a 100% critical rate. Which in effect is a Choice Specs without the Choice, which also ignores defensive boots for a turn of setup.

Not awful.
And, as someone pointed out earlier, more importantly a 100% crit rate means that you can completely ignore the spatk drop from Draco Meteor and just spam all day every day.

I made a team based on stuff I can see being used in OU but only I gave everyone a set that I don't normally see. The team is basically made up of non-mega Physically Defensive Mawile, Choice Band Sylveon, Choice Scarf Goodra, Physical Greninja, Specially Defensive Mega Charizard X, and Nasty Plot Serebii(which is actually seen, probably the only "normal" one you'll see)

Suprisingly they've been doing pretty well. Obviousy people are expecting different sets and I use that to my advantage.

Here's a good battle I found which is the only one I've gotten everyone to do work: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-100684958

Though obviously I'm the one using "Silly Things in OU" but at least they are working for me.

Last edited:
Random Shit volume 60: March Madness Edition
-Nuzzle Smeargle.
-Froslass using Icy Wind on the Aerodactyl that said Smeargle paralyzed. Gotta go slow.
-Calm Mind Blissey. With Seismic Toss. She did at least have Thunderbolt.
-Clefable using Cosmic Power... while the opposing Skarmory was spamming Whirlwind.
-Fire Blast+Heat Wave+Eruption Heatran.
-Dark Pulse Gengar.
-Using Seismic Toss on said Gengar.
-Um...: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-100684724
-Haven't you heard? Oh, and for you /vp/ people, >implying owls are birds: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-100683475
-Monotype is no excuse for this: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/leaf-oumonotype-3031
-Klefki getting paraflinched to death by Togekiss. Where are your status moves?
-Said Togekiss also had Sky Attack.
-I know Vileplume can be decent in sun, but there was no sun on this team. That, and it had Effect Spore. On another note, I wonder if Effect Spore would trigger sleep clause.
-Hope you (both) have Eviolite: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-100683128
-Someone threatening to report someone for DynamicPunch Machamp. Yeah, good luck. not really
-Giga Drain Gengar is far from the worst thing ever (better than Drain Punch, at least), but it used it on Arcanine.
-Fly Pidgeot.
-Air Balloon Ferrothorn. Is that ability to tank EQ's all day not enough? Or are Spikes that much of a concern?
-Zebstrika.
-Sableye using Toxic on Manaphy in the rain.

-The problem with Dive is that, if you use it, the opponent can switch into something that can take it well. Like Onix
Wait, no, I meant Cloyster. Not Onix. I mean, that would be really, really stupid! Nobody would do that.
I think the worst part is...
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Dive vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Onix: 216-256 (102.3 - 121.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
and...
0 Atk Azumarill Dive vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Onix: 64-84 (30.3 - 39.8%) -- 95.4% chance to 3HKO
At least the guy had an eviolite on the Onix...

Last edited:
Hi, This is one of my First posts here, but, here's some stuff I found:

-Enemy has Talonflame out, better Switch in Greninja over Vaporeon
-Enemy has Espion out, Better Toxic (To be fair, it was a Toxic from an Espion, but still...)
- Enemy has A Xatu in his team. Better lead with Sticky Web Galvantula.
- Better Switch Jinx, then Krookodile into said Galvantula, letting it get 2 faints
- Spinda... Spamming Rockslide against Scolipede, letting it stack to +6 Attack and +5 Speed...
-Deoxys-D, No red Card, letting Scizor stack up to +6

Hi, This is one of my First posts here, but, here's some stuff I found:

-Enemy has Talonflame out, better Switch in Greninja over Vaporeon
-Enemy has Espion out, Better Toxic (To be fair, it was a Toxic from an Espion, but still...)
- Enemy has A Xatu in his team. Better lead with Sticky Web Galvantula.
- Better Switch Jinx, then Krookodile into said Galvantula, letting it get 2 faints
- Spinda... Spamming Rockslide against Scolipede, letting it stack to +6 Attack and +5 Speed...
-Deoxys-D, No red Card, letting Scizor stack up to +6
Not all Deoxys-D run Red Card. Some run leftovers or mental herb, although Red Card really helps against those set-up sweepers.

That's fine, What I'm saying is, why would it let Scizor set up if it Didn't have a Red Card?
You will quickly learn that about 80% of the people super low on the ladder don't know how to play pokemon. The other 20% don't even know that the're playing pokemon.
EDIT: The... creativity of people on this simulator never ceases to amaze me!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-100756905
We've got such unique and powerfull sets. Honestly what could ever stop such amazing pokemon and strategies like:
Non-imposter Ditto: the perfect option when a ditto needs to switch into a ghost type.
Amnesia Mamoswine spamming Superpower: it's a completely unbreakable special wall. Superpower is picked because its his strongest physical move without recoil or a recharge time.
Non-mega Focus Punch Charizard: without Substitute: With subpunch Charizard raising in usage, people are starting to phase 'Zard out when he goes for sub. Well guess what FOCUS PUNCH TO THE FACE !!!
Rain Dance+Double Edge Garchomp: Make your opponent think you have a water type move, then laugh in their face when you don't! Much better than using a damaging move, but Double Edge is there for after you set up rain, as it doesn't lock you into it like outrage.
Last but not least, the unstoppable team synergy of giving Hyper Beam/Giga Impact to almost every pokemon on your team that could learn it. It has 150 bp people 150 BP!!! that's as strong as using the elemental punches twice!
Gaze upon the beauty of this strategy as it will destroy the current meta as we know it. Nothing can stand before its unstoppable fury! Oh exempt for a single Umbreon.

Last edited:
Extremespeed Deoxys D
Magnet Rise Aggron
Dizzy Punch Facade Kanghaskhan
Curse Heavy Slam Scald Aqua Ring Wailord
Splash Wobuffet

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
Nine Ladders, Nine Persons, Nine Doors:

- Ariados.
- Metronome Miltank, as in the item. Guess it could have been worse, at least it wasn't the move.
- Said Miltank also had Rollout. I think we've learned to handle Whitney by now, with our fully evolved Pokemon and all.
- X-Scissor Weavile with no Dark STAB.
- Psych Up Assault Vest Metagross.
- Facade Swampert.
- This amazing ride.
- Haze Honchkrow with Foul Play as its only Dark STAB.
- The opposing Golurk used Psychic! It doesn't affect Bisharp... Bisharp used Dark Pulse! It's super effective! The opposing Golurk lost 37% of its health!
- And that Golurk had Night Shade too.
- Moonblast Mega Gardevoir.
- Moonblast Sylveon with Protect but no Wish. Didn't have Heal Bell either.
- Stantler.
- Bright Powder Vivillon.
- Ditto without Choice Scarf.
- Stoutland without sand support.
- Geomancy Xerneas without Power Herb.
- Claydol. That'd be bad enough in OU, but this was in Ubers.
- Non-mega Gengar using Curse on said Claydol, because it totally didn't have anything better to be doing.
- Simisear, Simipour, Simisage, all on the same team.
- And then the opponent responds to a +4 Nasty Plot Simisear spamming Flamethrower with Charizard Y.
- Two Gardevoir without Trace. Granted, they were both Mega, but still, come on...
- Yeah, okay.
- Recover on Porygon...Z.
- Ambipom used Fake Out! It doesn't affect the opposing Froslass... The opposing Froslass used Hail! It started to hail!
- Swalot / Combusken / Mr. Mime / Lilligant / Steelix / Yanma...the defense rests, your honor.
- Electroweb Electivire.
- Non-mega Absol.
- Metronome Mewtwo, as in the move...I give up.
- Ariados gets sticky web, if he didn't have that, then your point is not bad.
- X-Scissor is normal on Weavile to counter other dark types
- Froslass uses hail for snow cloak activation
- Claydol is a great Stealth Rock and Screens Setter
- Non-mega Absol? Seriously?
- Stantler has 95 attack and 85 speed. Deal with it.

I actually run a Claydol as part of a sun team. It has usable defences, access to Rapid spin, levitate and resistance to Stealth Rocks! It can also set rocks up!

It's stats are only barely usable though.

And using one in Übers is downright stupid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)