drugs (we're gonna get hi, hi, hi)

Morfent

formerly known as clifford the big red pawg
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you're going to be specific, neither is weed, but the THC and CBD in it are drugs. I was talking about how people try to justify smoking weed by saying it's a plant or it's natural because something being natural doesn't automatically make it safer or better than drugs that aren't natural.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus

Oh my GOD. This shit. This has got to be the only drug in existence that anyone uses to stay up all night and not have a good time. Last night, I was up all night, but I wasn't getting lucky. I was on adderall doing my god damn math homework. My professor assigns ridiculous amounts of homework (which is actually worth about 18% of the grade in his class) and... I wouldn't call this official, but I think I may be the king of the procrastinators. So what do you get when you give me, a chronic procrastinator, easy access to adderall since my roommate has a prescription? Me staying up all night to have the worst god damn night of my life. But, what can I do, I'm a god damn lazy-ass who puts off all of my homework. All of it.

On the plus side, my math test today was a fucking cakewalk. God damn, last night may have been one of the worst nights of my life, but it was worth it.

Man, I could really use some sleep right now... And some food. Actually, "some" food is an understatement. I could use lots of food, adderall's worn off and I'm fucking hungry.

Morfent

formerly known as clifford the big red pawg
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Adderall's great for doing tedious shit for hours on end and still enjoying it. You still have to stay committed to working though, because something along the lines of this will probably happen:

I just finished off a bottle of 20mg Adderall XR in a 5-6 day long binge. I definitely do not recommend you do anything like this because Adderall can have some nasty side effects that will pile up if you keep redosing, especially when combined with sleep deprivation.

I'd try to avoid relying on it to get your work done because that could eventually lead you into thinking you need it to get anything done. I'd find a way to organize your time so that you can get your work done on time without having to abuse amphetamine to get the will to do your work. I started out in a similar situation, but I wouldn't want to see anyone make my mistakes and end up in the same state I'm in.

Also, by "easy access to adderall since my roommate has a prescription," I seriously hope you don't mean you stole his medication. Drug stores will not sympathize with someone that tries to pick up a prescription for a Schedule II substance days before the refill date.

Edit: tried to make this a little clearer

Last edited:

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
lol no, I didn't steal it. He basically noticed how I was complaining about having a metric fuckton of math problems to do in ~12 hours. He offered me just one pill of his adderall and I just said "Okay, sure, let's see if this helps." Probably should have been more clear on that. Anyway, I had 12+ hours of this:

"... How do I do this again? I need to check my notes."
"What time is it? I've been wasting too much time on this problem I can't figure out, I need to pick up the pace."
"MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH! I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING BUT MATH!"
"Should I skip this last problem so I'll stop wasting my time? No, why would I do that"

I think I'd prefer beating my procrastination habit over adderall use, though. I know I don't need adderall to do my homework, but my problem this time was I forced myself into a situation where I'd have so much homework that I'd have fallen asleep before finishing even half of it. Point being, it's a good idea to stop procrastinating so I don't need to use adderall.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
this thread has good timing, I'm set to do 30mg of adderall XLR tonight, what am I in for? (I'm using it to stay up all night and watch movies, if activity factors in to the experience).

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
well basically
This has got to be the only drug in existence that anyone uses to stay up all night and not have a good time.

idk why you'd do it just for rec but hey different strokes

I mean if you're planning on staying up all night anyways I guess it's not actively bad? Rather just be wasted, movies are funnier

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
yeah it's a film festival that runs from midnight to noon. Idk I try to stay away from 'real' stimulants (only nicotine and caffeine) so I'm not sure what to expect. Definitely never tried any time release pills so any info on that is welcome.

Also don't rationalize opiate use by somehow saying it makes you better at school. Even if that wasn't total bullshit, using addictive drugs as a crutch to get through life is generally a Bad Thing and not a good thing.
this isn't obvious to me at all. life doesn't care if you use drugs to get through it... what makes it inherently bad?

xenu

Banned deucer.
i'm seriously considering giving up ritalin (slow release) because of the comedown anxiety. is adderall/instant release rit any better? on SR i'm able to tear through work for a few hours but am left a nervous jittery wreck for the rest of the day. my hand is literally shaking as i type this.

also yeah i'm using it as-prescribed, etc. etc.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
how many SSRIs do i have to try before my psychiatrist gives up??

diagnosis: social anxiety disorder, depression

help

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Get a new psychiatrist?
The "throw drugs at the wall to see what sticks" aproach always left me mildly concerned
(not to sound condescending but have you tried saying "I don't feel like ssris are really the thing for me doc"?)
(phant that is you right)

also a friend just got a new bong

"my bong so big" "so intimidating" in their words

tape

oh my god vader sorry not everyone is a pro dabber like you jk

yes vkc its phant the galvantula here

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
I'm real straight-edge. A combination of both holding onto traditional "drugs are bad!" mentality and moreso not wanting to ever rely on something for a high (I don't even drink coffee). Thus far, it's done me quite a bit of good in terms of finding means of maintaining constant satisfaction, so I'll probably continue in the future :p

I miss doing dugs. :'( Got caught in December in possession of hash, jailed for 3 days and now sumbitted into an outpatient rehab program for 9 months.

The 2nd day I got out of jail, I bought a 3DS and Pokemon X, and this game has really helped me kill the boredom. I should send Nintendo a letter to thank them for how much Pokemon X and the 3DS have helped me.

Do we have a thread about what drugs go well with competitive Pokemon battling? Last time I did coke, I played some Pokemon X and raped the Battle Maison. I think any stimulate would be a nice boost to playing Pokemon.

tape

Do we have a thread about what drugs go well with competitive Pokemon battling? Last time I did coke, I played some Pokemon X and raped the Battle Maison. I think any stimulate would be a nice boost to playing Pokemon.
i would play pokemon on any drug tbh

i would play pokemon on any drug tbh
I wouldn't dream of playing Pokemon if high or drunk, I'd get all my predictions wrong and use the wrong moves. I'm already clumsy as it is, and these drugs make me clumsier.

I think Xanax would be cool though, not giving a shit and 0 worries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)