The Everything NHL Thread

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I watch about 80% of the Oilers games, Hall Eberle and RNH are not playing "very" good. They've had games where they take over and games where they just look lost, due to a combination of fatigue, lack of "man-strength", and inability to play a responsible game defensively (moreso for Hall and Eberle). It doesn't help that Eakins has an agenda to ruin Yakupov's career either. Of course if the Sabres get McDavid or Eichel (2014 draft doesn't have any franchise players) that'll speed up their rebuild big time, but keep in mind the Penguins were last in their conference during Crosby's rookie season as well

Royalty

Confused, truth is what I choose
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I still think eberle or yakupov need to get traded for a top pair defenseman, edmonton still has potential but it won't be reached until they get some veteran D that are actually good. (lol ference)

Last edited:

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
hey so just out of curiosity, are of the regulars in this thread fantasy hockey players?

The smogon league has a few inactive / terrible players, just curious if we can replace with active / good ones
Oh. That's kind of nasty. I thought we had a good group.

Well I'm last in the league and quite far behind I might add. My season's record is a joke although I did expect to fare particularly bad.

Really, all it would take is just one member of the league to express clearly his desire to replace me and I'll quit, no hard feelings. I'd rather do it myself than being rudely replaced without expecting it.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
mister Vineon i am shocked you think i was referring to you

ya you sucked this year but you're normally competitive and you are active :P

i guess the terrible comment could be construed to the performance but i more meant specifically for activity (like not setting rosters and the like)

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
mister Vineon i am shocked you think i was referring to you

ya you sucked this year but you're normally competitive and you are active :P

i guess the terrible comment could be construed to the performance but i more meant specifically for activity (like not setting rosters and the like)
Obviously this is about me, even though I forget to set my lineup maybe one day every two weeks.

If you want to replace me go ahead, I would like to stay but to be honest motivation to really care is low given the rules of this league. There are just way too many keepers to even consider improving your team. I've tried to make trades and no one is interested at all, hell the only trades we've had all year were terrible trades made by psycho. Last year my team needed improvement and at the auction I literally spent all my money on the best two players available in the positions I needed to improve (yandle & miller), and they have both come through with good seasons, and still it's not really enough to give me a chance. I've said from day one keeper leagues should have 1 keeper at every position at an absolute maximum and I think until you guys change it to that the league will be broken.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I agree that having too many keepers has hurt the league, but none of carl / justin / synre want to lower the keeper number, as they say it is unfair to do so now

I guess one option is to restart the league with lower keepers, but man, poor ray then :X

spent 2 years building up good keepers just to be reset...

If we're not going to increase the number of keepers, how about increasing the number of roster spots (ex. 1 more forward slot for each position, 2 more D-men)? Both the draft and the moves made during the season don't seem to affect the teams, unless the team is complete ass. We need to do something to make the league more lively.

Both the draft and the moves made during the season don't seem to affect the teams, unless the team is complete ass. We need to do something to make the league more lively.
This just isn't true at all. My keepers have been TERRIBLE this year, but I still ended up with the #1 seed thanks to some slick FA pickups and solid drafting.

• I drafted Hiller and Kesler for less than $30 total and they have been key cogs in my lineup all year.
  • I picked up Krug in FA and basically swapped him for Suter.
  • I picked up Hertl in FA and he was playing great until his injury.
  • I picked up Nyquist after tricking Carl into dropping him.

Last edited:
Yeah, I also got Ben Bishop. I'm constantly making good FA moves when I'm not dropping Byfuglien. That's why my team usually performs so well. The worst teams are usually the teams that don't make many moves.

Only 1 team that made the playoffs this year had less than 20 FA moves.
4 teams that missed the playoffs had less than 20 FA moves.

Aldaron

geriatric
If we're not going to increase the number of keepers, how about increasing the number of roster spots (ex. 1 more forward slot for each position, 2 more D-men)? Both the draft and the moves made during the season don't seem to affect the teams, unless the team is complete ass. We need to do something to make the league more lively.

I swear, if I see one more person trying to denigrate Ovechkin based on his +/-, I'm gonna find out where they live and punch them in the face.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Damn and I just wanted to go woo columbus made playoffs but you guys are just talking fantasy (and I had to read half the page to figure out you were talking draft keepers and not goalkeepers) :(

wtf vineon still exists

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)