Mega Lati

Status
Not open for further replies.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
This makes me sooooooooooooo sad.

Mega Latios could be a brilliantly designed monster, but no. He's been made to look like a purple jetplane.
Latias used to be cute. Now she's an ugly aeroplane, just like her brother.

There has to be more to this... why the fuck would they give them Mega evolutions when they're gonna be outclassed by their original item, Soul Dew. It just defies all logic...

It makes me hope that video is 100% fake, but I can tell it's not.

I can take the loss of possible Multiscale. I can barely withstand the loss of Adaptability. I cannot take how these things are slightly buffed versions of their original designs. Just gimme a Soul Dew, I'd use that over these pieces of crap anyday.

Another thing; no speed buff????
With greninja, crobat and even fucking choice scarf diggersby around these are gonna be forgotten.

Good job gamefreak. Good fucking job.

I guess I am the only one that likes the design on both.

Wasn't Latias viable last generation in Uber before the release of Soul Jew? I can see both of them being somewhat usable. When Latias was viable without Soul Jew, then Mega-Latias, at least, will be viable in Ubers as well. The only thing it lacks is, passive recovery but that will make a good substitute will Soul Jew gets released.

I just wished they added Adaptability/Multiscale and Fairy Typing to Latias but oh well.

Such a WASTE of Mega Evolutions that could've been granted to things that actually needed them (Sableye, Gallade, Milotic). I like their appearances, but goddamn are they wastes. My advice? Just never use these things.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Such a WASTE of Mega Evolutions that could've been granted to things that actually needed them (Sableye, Gallade, Milotic). I like their appearances, but goddamn are they wastes. My advice? Just never use these things.
Mega Gardevoir = Something for the weirdo community of Pokemon to drool over. Why can't they have made gallade mega too? ;_;

Mega Gardevoir = Something for the weirdo community of Pokemon to drool over. Why can't they have made gallade mega too? ;_;
I love Mega Gardevoir's design, personally, as it expands on the theme of faith revolving around it. It was a necessary improvement, but it's one of those more popular Mega Pokémon. I can understand its popularity, though.
Gallade just needed a Mega as well to shine alongside his lady, but who knows, Game Freak may give us a Mega Gallade in the future.

Back to the point: I think the rumored stats for Mega Latias and Mega Latios were FAR better. Modest Adaptability Mega Latios outdamages Timid Soul Dew Latios, while with Multiscale, Latias could wall ANYTHING with 80/110/180 defenses. Not to mention, I'd have preferred their designs to still have some features of the regular Formes instead of almost being carbon copies. A purple-red for Latias and purple-blue for Latios would've been better as colors, too.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I love Mega Gardevoir's design, personally, as it expands on the theme of faith revolving around it. It was a necessary improvement, but it's one of those more popular Mega Pokémon. I can understand its popularity, though.
Gallade just needed a Mega as well to shine alongside his lady, but who knows, Game Freak may give us a Mega Gallade in the future.

Back to the point: I think the rumored stats for Mega Latias and Mega Latios were FAR better. Modest Adaptability Mega Latios outdamages Timid Soul Dew Latios, while with Multiscale, Latias could wall ANYTHING with 80/110/180 defenses. Not to mention, I'd have preferred their designs to still have some features of the regular Formes instead of almost being carbon copies. A purple-red for Latias and purple-blue for Latios would've been better as colors, too.
Shame we theorymonned in ubers chat quite abit and we still concluded that soul dew > original mega lati@s with their bs speed/stat increase lol.

Latios SpA/SpD 31 IV 252EV/0EV: base 130/110 (394/256) (soul dew 591/384) vs mega form 160/120 (460/276).

Soul dew>mega form

Those two mega Evo are unnecessary.

I guess I am the only one that likes the design on both.

Wasn't Latias viable last generation in Uber before the release of Soul Jew? I can see both of them being somewhat usable. When Latias was viable without Soul Jew, then Mega-Latias, at least, will be viable in Ubers as well. The only thing it lacks is, passive recovery but that will make a good substitute will Soul Jew gets released.

I just wished they added Adaptability/Multiscale and Fairy Typing to Latias but oh well.
d-did you mean dew, goyim?

The mega evo's for Lati@s weren't needed at all. I guess you could run a mixed Mega Latios with DD but I'm sticking with Soul Dew.

However this begs the question: what if these mega evolutions are meant to replace Soul Dew?
then it will be really sad, cos even if soul dew was deemed worse than the mega stone, 1: it would free up your mega slot for something else, and more importantly, 2: your lati won't look like ass

However this begs the question: what if these mega evolutions are meant to replace Soul Dew?
I'm 100% sure this is the main reason I would be really surprised if it ends up otherwise (unfortunately). Especially when they are MegaEvolutions which show up later than others (SUSPICIOUS !). Also I miss Soul Dew for one more reason - Latias is such a phenomenal counter to Kyogre with Soul Dew that I really miss her. As right now outside of really niche Pokemon (like Gastrodon or Ludicolo) and Palkia nothing comes close to Latias with Soul Dew as Kyogre check/counter and Grass/Water Arceus forms are at best checks. SpD Giratina may be on this list as well, but RestTalk mechanics are iffy at best and Giratina isn't really a Pokemon which you may throw in on any kind of team.

So yeah, to keep it short - Mega Latis sucks. Big time.

Last edited:

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I love how you're all just completely dismissing a Pokemon that none of you have tested yet. I liked it when this tier was the tier that everyone tried new things and the smallest change was potentially metagame-changing (see DPP Ubers). Sure, it's not the same metagame, but it's high time people stopped dismissing things just on theorymon. As a matter of fact, I've been testing Leftovers Latias again this generation because of the lack of Soul Dew since I did the same thing last gen, and just like last gen, Latias with some heavy SpD investment is still salvageable, even if barely. I can't see why Mega Latias would be any different.

And stop comparing to Soul Dew. In our ideal metagame, she would have Soul Dew, but right now, you're better off playing around with what you got. Mega Stones are a welcome addition to Latias's (and to a lesser extent, Latios's) repetoire, even if it's not as good as what we like. An improvement is an improvement, and it's just wrong to dismiss it as such.

I love how you're all just completely dismissing a Pokemon that none of you have tested yet. I liked it when this tier was the tier that everyone tried new things and the smallest change was potentially metagame-changing (see DPP Ubers). Sure, it's not the same metagame, but it's high time people stopped dismissing things just on theorymon. As a matter of fact, I've been testing Leftovers Latias again this generation because of the lack of Soul Dew since I did the same thing last gen, and just like last gen, Latias with some heavy SpD investment is still salvageable, even if barely. I can't see why Mega Latias would be any different.

And stop comparing to Soul Dew. In our ideal metagame, she would have Soul Dew, but right now, you're better off playing around with what you got. Mega Stones are a welcome addition to Latias's (and to a lesser extent, Latios's) repetoire, even if it's not as good as what we like. An improvement is an improvement, and it's just wrong to dismiss it as such.
No doubt its salvegeable its just that soul dew is so much better

Rather that Palkia and the other Kyogre checks still outclass it. It's a new addition to Latias, sure, but that doesn't make it Ubers viable. At least until we get Soul Dew back. :p

Guys, I seem to be one of the few people who remembers that what we're supposed to be doing is NOT ranting about how the rumor mill lied to us. What we should be doing is examining these new Mega Evolutions and seeing if we can find a niche for them.

With the stat boosts they do get, I think they might have the options of mixed attacker or perhaps mixed tank/wall.

And let's not forget that the Latis have always been extremely fast, and most Pokemon wouldn't have much hope of outspeeding them unless the're running a Choice Scarf or are named Deoxys, Deoxys-A, or Deoxys-S, so they don't really need any extra speed. At least, that's my opinion.

Well 110 speed is fast but you are still slower than Mewtwo, Darkrai, Arceus, Skymin, etc. Also, there's not much in the offensive department cause the stats are pretty low for a mega evolution. They aren't just garbage cause they didn't meet some wonky rumor, they're garbage because the stat boosts still don't make them viable for ubers play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)