The Oblivion of the Dark Emperor Yveltal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction: Hey guys, im quite new to the Uber Scene and I thought I'll try myself in it, because OU is just simply plain and simple right now. Most of the Teams look all the same and it's just boring to play in that. I came up with a Uber Team which got me tons of wins and is also very fun to play :) I appreciate any suggestions and advices.

Let's get to the team.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psycho Boost
- ExtremeSpeed
- Superpower

Deoxys-Attack is pretty much one of the best Suicide Leads. He sets up Rocks and then attacks until he dies. His Psycho Boost has a "Holy Shiet" effect and hits as hard as a truck. Using the basic Suicide Lead set here, because it's just too good. Lonely nature covers the amazing attack that Deoxys has and allows it to wreck havoc with Superpower and Extremespeed. What is better than the 504 Attack Extremespeed or Superpower?

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Roost

It may not look like that.. but Yveltal is a beast. Yveltals Sucker Punch and Dark Pulse are very strong, because of the STAB Bonus, the 1.3x Bonus from the Dark Aura Ability and the 1.3x Bonus from Life Orb. Oblivion Wing is the best Flying-type move in the whole game, providing 75% of the damage dealt as HP recovery. Many People say Xerneas completely outclasses it, because of Geomancy.. but that's not quite correct. Xerneas has no access to recovery moves, which makes it vulnerable to priority attacks. Yveltal might not be that fast, but his bulk and raw attack power makes it amazing.

Palkia @ Assault Vest
EVs: 76 HP / 216 SAtk / 216 Spd
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
Palkia is one of my favorite Dragon-types. 4x Resist to Water-type moves makes it the best counter of Kyogre. Assault Vest is a feature here, which makes it a even harder to take down tank. 72 HP EVs to avoid the 2HKO of Water Spout Kyogre (even after Stealth Rocks). It's probably the best Assault Vest Pokemon, since it only has 2 weaknesses. It is capable of 2HKO'ing a Max HP Kyogre with Thunder after Stealth Rocks. Luckily not many people in the uber tier are using rapid spinners or defoggers. Overall a great pokemon and Assault Vest user.

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Dragon Claw
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk

My Scarfer and one of my MVPs. Sleep Talk makes it able to take the Dark Void of Darkrai and still beat the crap outta it. With a monstrously high base 150 Attack stat, combined with powerful and complementary Electric- and Dragon-type STAB moves, Zekrom has the power to devastate many teams. Zekrom's signature move, Bolt Strike, will leave enormous dents in even those who resist it, and forces people to run a Ground-type Pokemon or a very bulky Electric-type resistor in their teams. Even then, they will have to tread carefully against its extremely powerful Dragon-type STAB moves. While Zekrom does not have much to offer defensively, it is an excellent check to Ho-Oh and defensive Kyogre due to its resistances to Fire-, Flying-, and Water-type moves. However, Zekrom does have notable flaws in its rather middling Speed, common weaknesses, an almost useless ability, and a very limited movepool. Regardless, Zekrom's incredible strength is definitely something to watch out for.

Gengar (M) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt

Mega Gengar's Ability makes it super annoying. Shadow Tag on a 170 Base Sp Atk and 130 Base Speed? Yes please. It outspeeds almost everything which isn't scarfed and revenge kills like a baws. Destiny Bond takes out annoying opposing Pokemons like boosted pokemon or pokemon that are threatening this team. Taunt stops a lot and it can trap Leads. Shadow Tag allows Mega Gengar to trap and kill whatever Pokemon I want it to eliminate, generally the ones that give my team trouble or the ones that stop my sweepers. Defensively, Mega Gengar can easily switch in with its useful resistances and immunities to common types, and offensively, its high Speed and Special Attack stats and access to STAB Shadow Ball with Focus Blast as coverage allows it at least neutrally damage the entire metagame.

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
Do I even have to explain him? He's the Creator of the pokemon. Nuff said. This Pokemon pretty much OHKO's everything which isn't bulky or have Normal Resist/Immunity. Thanks to Extreme Killer's very good bulk and the priority of His ExtremeSpeed, He is very difficult to revenge kill. Combine it with a base 120 Attack stat, the ease of setting up a Swords Dance, and STAB on said ExtremeSpeed, and you get one of the best late-game sweepers in the entire game, capable of decimating offensive teams and cleaning up weakened defensive teams with ease. Swords Dance will enhance the power of His STAB ExtremeSpeed to incredible levels. With just a Silk Scarf and Swords Dance boost, ExtremeSpeed is more than capable enough to OHKO even the deadliest of Uber titans, such as Kyogre, Kyurem-W, Mewtwo, Latias, Palkia, and Reshiram.

Any Suggestions or advices?
Importable:
HTML:
Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Lonely Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psycho Boost
- ExtremeSpeed
- Superpower

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Roost

Palkia @ Assault Vest
EVs: 76 HP / 216 SAtk / 216 Spd
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Thunder

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Naive Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Dragon Claw
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk

Gengar-Mega (M) @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/showthread.php?26027-If-I-Lose-Myself-(1k-RMT-peaked-1)

explain?

otherwise this is a fairy solid effort, as I said to the original creator of the team, changes include xerneas>palkia to prevent fast dragons from breaking havoc, u turn yveltal to synergize with gengar, grass knot on deo-a (to beat common sun defogers like waterceus) and a faster ekiller to help with other ekiller and force gengar to mega evolve to check it.

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/arceus-normal

"Thanks to Extreme Killer's very good bulk and the priority of His ExtremeSpeed, He is very difficult to revenge kill. Combine it with a base 120 Attack stat, the ease of setting up a Swords Dance, and STAB on said ExtremeSpeed, and you get one of the best late-game sweepers in the entire game, capable of decimating offensive teams and cleaning up weakened defensive teams with ease.

Swords Dance will enhance the power of His STAB ExtremeSpeed to incredible levels. With just a Silk Scarf and Swords Dance boost, ExtremeSpeed is more than capable enough to OHKO even the deadliest of Uber titans, such as Kyogre, Kyurem-W, Mewtwo, Latias, Palkia, and Reshiram."

In addition to stealing Zorodark's RMT, you copied ^this bit from the Arceus-Normal's analysis. If you are going to plagiarize, might as well go all the way, no?

EDIT: http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/zekrom

"With a monstrously high base 150 Attack stat, combined with powerful and complementary Electric- and Dragon-type STAB moves, Zekrom has the power to devastate many teams. Zekrom's signature move, Bolt Strike, will leave enormous dents in even those who resist it, and forces people to run a Ground-type Pokemon or a very bulky Electric-type resistor in their teams. Even then, they will have to tread carefully against its extremely powerful Dragon-type STAB moves. While Zekrom does not have much to offer defensively, it is an excellent check to Ho-Oh and defensive Kyogre due to its resistances to Fire-, Flying-, and Water-type moves. However, Zekrom does have notable flaws in its rather middling Speed, common weaknesses, an almost useless ability, and a very limited movepool. Regardless, Zekrom's incredible strength is definitely something to watch out for."

Figures

Last edited:

"Thanks to Extreme Killer's very good bulk and the priority of His ExtremeSpeed, He is very difficult to revenge kill. Combine it with a base 120 Attack stat, the ease of setting up a Swords Dance, and STAB on said ExtremeSpeed, and you get one of the best late-game sweepers in the entire game, capable of decimating offensive teams and cleaning up weakened defensive teams with ease.

Swords Dance will enhance the power of His STAB ExtremeSpeed to incredible levels. With just a Silk Scarf and Swords Dance boost, ExtremeSpeed is more than capable enough to OHKO even the deadliest of Uber titans, such as Kyogre, Kyurem-W, Mewtwo, Latias, Palkia, and Reshiram."

In addition to stealing Zorodark's RMT, you copied ^this bit from the Arceus-Normal's analysis. If you are going to plagiarize, might as well go all the way, no?

"With a monstrously high base 150 Attack stat, combined with powerful and complementary Electric- and Dragon-type STAB moves, Zekrom has the power to devastate many teams. Zekrom's signature move, Bolt Strike, will leave enormous dents in even those who resist it, and forces people to run a Ground-type Pokemon or a very bulky Electric-type resistor in their teams. Even then, they will have to tread carefully against its extremely powerful Dragon-type STAB moves. While Zekrom does not have much to offer defensively, it is an excellent check to Ho-Oh and defensive Kyogre due to its resistances to Fire-, Flying-, and Water-type moves. However, Zekrom does have notable flaws in its rather middling Speed, common weaknesses, an almost useless ability, and a very limited movepool. Regardless, Zekrom's incredible strength is definitely something to watch out for."

Figures
Anikrahman1995 If you are gonna be an annoying retard atleast try using APA format next time you try citating someone since otherwise it IS counted as "plagiarism".

hyw

Banned deucer.
This is just hilarious!

I have seen people steal teams but to steal an ENTIRE RMT and on top of that steal EXCERPTS FROM SMOGON ANALYSES?! Omoshirosugiru.

http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/showthread.php?26027-If-I-Lose-Myself-(1k-RMT-peaked-1)

explain?

otherwise this is a fairy solid effort, as I said to the original creator of the team, changes include xerneas>palkia to prevent fast dragons from breaking havoc, u turn yveltal to synergize with gengar, grass knot on deo-a (to beat common sun defogers like waterceus) and a faster ekiller to help with other ekiller and force gengar to mega evolve to check it.
Even tho this team might look like his.. your changes are awful. I mean.. yeah im pretty new, but waterceus. Xerneas gets OHKO'd by a Swords Dance Extremespeed from Arceus. It has to setup Geomancy before really doing anything. Even a Knock Off from a Faster Pokemon kills it. Good Teams mostly look the same. That's how pokemon works. Deal with it. Anyway, Assault Vest Palkia outclasses Xerneas. I don't see the point of a U-Turn Yveltal as well. Sure thing it gives me the momentum, but Sucker Punch and Roost are way better. And at last, Deoxys-Attack is a suicide lead, he only set ups rocks and then he dies. Grass Knot is for personal preference.

Figures
:D I don't see why I should explain it, if it was so well done there.

Soo.. from my point of view - I guess you guys like it? :D

Even tho this team might look like his.. your changes are awful. I mean.. yeah im pretty new, but waterceus. Xerneas gets OHKO'd by a Swords Dance Extremespeed from Arceus. It has to setup Geomancy before really doing anything. Even a Knock Off from a Faster Pokemon kills it. Good Teams mostly look the same. That's how pokemon works. Deal with it. Anyway, Assault Vest Palkia outclasses Xerneas. I don't see the point of a U-Turn Yveltal as well. Sure thing it gives me the momentum, but Sucker Punch and Roost are way better. And at last, Deoxys-Attack is a suicide lead, he only set ups rocks and then he dies. Grass Knot is for personal preference.

Your attitude when you have been clearly caught out plagiarizing other people's teams and copying analyses to fill up this RMT is nothing short of disgusting. You also dismiss advice to "your" team that would be beneficial, and you being "new to ubers" means that you aren't really in a position to make a RMT and then say everyone else's advice is bad.
I'm 99% sure this is a top tier troll, because the reply to Hack's advice clearly shows that you do not know what you are talking about, as Assault Vest Palkia does certainly NOT outclass Xerneas in any way. I could go on for ages and pick apart your comment, but on the assumption this is a troll I'm not going to waste my time.

This post gave me cancer. Hack is one of the most respected battlers in the tier, and probably has more tournament wins than you have years in your life. Implying that he doeesn't understand the nature of the tier is downright ridiculous. He is also one of the only people so far who hasn't bashed you to hell and back (which would be completely warranted). What right do you have, especially being new to the tier?

And AV Palkia "outclasses" Xerneas? At what? Is he just more classy? Is it because Palkia's pink, or am I just missing something...? I sincerely hope you are a some form of mega-troll.

P.S. 100th post yay!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)