Data Candles of Known Brightness: OU edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto can use 248 speed Evs to get an odd numbered HP to get a stealth rock number. So non-max HP ditto isn't a candle, in fact it is recommended to go with 248.

These are taken from OU Moveset usage stats!

Water Shuriken
Light Metal Scizor (maybe Swarm too)
Hyper Cutter Gliscor
Anticipation Ferrothorn
Dragon Rush
Pressure Bisharp
Keen Eye Skarmory
Air Balloon <anything not Ground-weak>
Water Shuriken is priority. It can force Greninja's type back to water in a hurry. Niche, but again, has uses.
Light Metal Scizor is recommended in the guides on this sight so don't hold it against other people.
What if someone wants to run an offensive Gliscor that gets thrown off by Intimidate?
Dragon Rush... yeah okay.
Pressure is a good ability.
Keen Eye isn't really great so okay maybe.
Air Balloon can allow a switch into a choice banded earthquake on someone that wouldn't want to take the hit. It's unusual but not completely unviable.

Water Shuriken is priority. It can force Greninja's type back to water in a hurry. Niche, but again, has uses.
Light Metal Scizor is recommended in the guides on this sight so don't hold it against other people.
What if someone wants to run an offensive Gliscor that gets thrown off by Intimidate?
Dragon Rush... yeah okay.
Pressure is a good ability.
Keen Eye isn't really great so okay maybe.
Air Balloon can allow a switch into a choice banded earthquake on someone that wouldn't want to take the hit. It's unusual but not completely unviable.
^ I'd say that Keen Eye can work to help Skarm hit Acupressure users if necessary, and Dragon Rush has a place on Zygarde in particular, working decently with Coil. Also could be decent with Gravity support.

There's probably some obscure KO you can get by running Dragon Rush over Dragon Claw on a Pokémon that can't afford to be locked into Outrage.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Each of these have niches, imo.
I don't see any reason to ever run water shuriken at this point, the Greninja line is the only evolutionary line that learns it, and while it does provide priority, the 2-5x hits and the really low BP makes it a pretty inconsistent and risky way of revenge killing anything, imo. Especially considering most of the time Greninja wants to be a special attacker and wants all the coverage it can get, while water shuriken just takes up a moveslot for a really inconsistent priority move.

Outside of Knock Off and really strong Sucker Punches, one of the main reasons to use Bisharp in OU is because of the added benefits Defiant adds against common things like Defog Users, Intimidate Pokemon, and King's Shield, i don't think i'd ever use Bisharp with Pressure even if it isn't *that* bad of an ability, simply because the benefits achieved from running Defiant are simply that great.

I'm sorry, what is the point of this thread? It seems like we're listing things that zero use but to what end?

Ironically it may turn out that I'm too thick to see the objective of such a thread but I doubt it.

Scizor with Swarm: 3.496%. I think that's a candle.
Heavy and Light Metal on anything with another option: while it could be used to reduce damage from certain moves, nobody uses Grass Knot and Low Kick against Pokemon with Light Metal and no one uses Heavy Slam or Heat Crash (nobody uses Heat Crash period) on Pokemon with Heavy Metal.
Chansey without Eviolite. Completely outclassed by Blissey in every way. And people use it :
Eviolite 97.780% | | Other 2.220%
Choice Items + Status moves if possible.

Swarm Scizor can do Endure/Reversal/X-Scissor/Acrobatics with Salac Berry. I have no idea why you'd want to, but it's a niche - not a candle.

Heavy Metal/Light Metal are the same deal.

And Choice+Status has some legitimate uses - Tailwind/Roost Talonflame, using Scarfed sleep moves to sleep enemy scarfers, etc.

^ I'd say that Keen Eye can work to help Skarm hit Acupressure users if necessary, and Dragon Rush has a place on Zygarde in particular, working decently with Coil. Also could be decent with Gravity support.
The thing is, Zygarde doesn't get Dragon Rush. Yveltal does.
Sorta like how Yveltal doesn't get Night Slash, but Xerneas does.

These are taken from OU Moveset usage stats!

Water Shuriken
Light Metal Scizor (maybe Swarm too)
Hyper Cutter Gliscor
Anticipation Ferrothorn
Dragon Rush
Pressure Bisharp
Keen Eye Skarmory
Air Balloon <anything not Ground-weak>
Light Metal Scizor is the ability of choice on the first set in the OU Analysis, I don't really know why though.

The thing is, Zygarde doesn't get Dragon Rush. Yveltal does.
Sorta like how Yveltal doesn't get Night Slash, but Xerneas does.
Ahh, no way.
Sorry about that. Still, Gravity, and that flinch chance is decent. Also perhaps wanting more power but not wanting to lock yourself into Outrage.
Light Metal Scizor is the ability of choice on the first set in the OU Analysis, I don't really know why though.
Because they typically MEvo right away, and Light Metal halves Low Kick [and I guess Grass Knot] damage on switch-in due to the decreased weight.

Antar

Sorry, about that.
So just to at least contribute something, I'd elect Mothim pretty much useless.
Less HP and inferior Movepool, especially the lack of Sleeppowder and Hurricane alone make it inferior in every aspect,
as the 4 BP higher SAtk obviously doesn't make up for it. The much higher Atk also doesn't help as it's too frail and slow anyways,
plus as already mentioned it's movepool plain out ... well, sucks.

________

Water Shuriken is viable, catches Talonflames off guard, especially on a Torrent+Liechi+Sub-Set.

I hope I am getting the definition right on this...

Hustle Togekiss (3.309% usage)
Illuminate Starmie (3.311% usage)
Poison Point Nidoking (5.431% usage)
Quick Feet Jolteon (?) (6.981% usage)

I probably could go deeper on this, but I don't want to waste more time looking up thi when I have breeding to do in my game.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
because it's mega and theres literally no reason to not mega evolve the first turn, so the reduced LK damage on switch-in is actually more valuable than technician, which you will regain before you ever attack thanks to mega evolution

Non magic guard alakazam.
This is one of those "really bad, not candle" things. You can bring Inner Focus Alakazam in on something like a min SpA Togekiss and hit through flinchhax.

I think that there's a divide here between people looking at "fucking terrible" (there's a virtually limitless supply of this) and "literally useless." Antar's metric is "literally useless."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)