Doubles Circuit Minitour #2 — BW2 Doubles [Won by Robert Alfons!]

jrp

Banned deucer.
Are you fucking kidding me, how does fangame10 win all of these tour matches. How have people not learned yet that facing fangame = bring disgustingly anti-tr team? Hes like the shakeitup of Doubles. Start counterteaming him goddammit
I really don't like to see this sort of thing. Just because you don't like someone's team or don't think it should be successful does not give you the right to bash them about it. After watching the game, I can say the Leprechaun lost that pretty convincingly when he dropped his two physical attackers rather than switching out for the special attackers. While CM Cresselia isn't the most effective set, with no physical attackers remaining you WILL lose to it, bar a critical hit (that last part being why its not as effective, especially in Gen 5 where crits deal double damage). We should remember teambuilding isn't the only part of the game. In my eyes, fangame played that set pretty well (not perfectly mind you, but definitely made the better plays overall), and that got him the win.

Also rather than simply complaining, maybe point out ways fangame's team can be improved. I'd definitely recommend Fighting Gem on Hitmontop for example, as it helps preserve its bulk and gives Close Combat some very high damage output (Gems best items 2013).

Now the point of this wasn't to counterbash (sorry if it came out that way btw), but I really think putting someone down is really counterproductive towards the goal of helping them (and ourselves) improve teambuilding ability/in-game prediction/etc. We should be congratulating fangame for his win, regardless of whether his team wasn't to our liking (and I actually do like some of the ideas behind fangame's team tbh).

Next time on Nollan's Rants, witness a spectacularly boring and hypocritical lecture on not complaining about hax!

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I apologize for my earlier post, i was mad and that was very stupid. I stand by my statement that fangame10 needs to stop bringing the same full TR team to every match before his opponents wise up and counterteam him, but I was going about it the wrong way. He earned his win vs The Lep and Cress + Magnezone is legitimately clever, but would it kill his opponents to start counterteaming him to death until he's convinced he needs more than one (easily countered, i might add) team?

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My opp didn't log in at all yesterday or today, so I guess this is an activity request, not that I've been super active...

I apologize for my earlier post, i was mad and that was very stupid. I stand by my statement that fangame10 needs to stop bringing the same full TR team to every match before his opponents wise up and counterteam him, but I was going about it the wrong way. He earned his win vs The Lep and Cress + Magnezone is legitimately clever, but would it kill his opponents to start counterteaming him to death until he's convinced he needs more than one (easily countered, i might add) team?
Bisharp + Thundy works, but Fan is pretty damn good now against counter team. He's had a ton of practice.

DISCLAIMER: I MADE THAT TEAM IT JUST HAPPENS TO HAVE ALL THE SAME POKEMON ITEMS ABILITIES AND MOVES AS AUDIOS

COMPLETE COINCIDENCE DONT BAN ME PLEASE

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not sure that's how that saying goes...
Yeah, it's actually "he's fucked by a hook...er then I don't even know my next line, but sinker rhymes with stinker, and that's what this joke is." Yeah, I think that's about enough of life today, kbye.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Pinoy Pwnage vs Raseri Ras is very strong battler and I think he got this one.
srk1214 vs BROStime Neutral luck frend !
Nollan vs Level 51 Shit this battle should be way further in the tour anyway this is a wild guess gl guys !
BlankZero vs BLOOD TOTEM No shitposting plz :)
Ultimathunder vs U-Turn Out I guess hes the more experienced player
Audiosurfer vs tenchi17 AUDIO FREND ! You got this
WinterWave vs Darnell lol idk
atomicllamas vs Pocket Two awesome smogoners, but I guess Pocket is more experienced in Doubles
Figufgyu vs makiri strong
finally vs Lhions This guy has been doing great, so I guess the flow continues
Mizuhime vs Arcticblast I rly dont know wildguess, they are both rly good
Laurel vs TGMD More experience I guess
Joim vs Pwnemon Great battle, great doublers
Fangame10 vs Braverius strong doubler
AuraRayquaza vs Shaian the other dude was like "fuck" so I guess thats a good sign for Aura ?
Robert Alfons vs Biosci I know Biosci is a sick doubler, but I have to cheer on my frend Fagtron :)

Highlight battles imo =]

Fangame10 vs Braverius
The face of TR HO vs the guy who wants it banned because he thinks it is too powerful. No offense to you Zach, you're obviously one of the best doublers but fangame's ready to achieve imo
Pinoy Pwnage vs Raseri
Pinoy is pretty solid
srk1214 vs BROStime
Nollan vs Level 51
Nollan 2 good. Level 51 gonna get wrecked
BlankZero vs BLOOD TOTEM
These two seem pretty equally skilled, but Blank has the better track record in tours iirc while totem is the ladderer.
Ultimathunder vs U-Turn Out
Ultima's luck is gonna run out soon and he will crash.
Audiosurfer vs tenchi17
This one is pretty close. I'm leaning toward the 'underdog'.
WinterWave vs Darnell
atomicllamas vs Pocket
Figufgyu vs makiri
finally vs Lhions
Better go to finals after knocking me out
Mizuhime vs Arcticblast
She is trying to prove a point that you don't fuck with her when she actually tries lol.
Laurel vs TGMD
ez pick, don't get haxed
Joim vs Pwnemon
I've only seen Joim play really beastly a handful of times, but Pwnemon is pretty consistent.
AuraRayquaza vs Shaian
Robert Alfons vs Biosci
Fagtron has no confidence. Biosci said how he missed gen 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)