Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm having a problem trying to RNG a Shiny Patch for a Shiny Porygon with the Poké Radar in Diamond. I do every step shown in the guide as intended (confirm my seed via Coin Flips, start the Porygon chain, recharge the Poké Radar, etc) but, everytime i try to hit my target frame, the one the Researcher showed me it had a very low 16BitHigh value of 0003, the Shiny Patch simply doesn't appear, no matter what Patch number i try to make appear with the right advances.

Am i missing something there? or is the RNG being simply a dick with me? as the Guide suggests in case the Shiny Patch doesn't appear? ( ...if you don't then either the frame does not match up or the RNG decided the 4th patch would not contain the Pokemon you were chaining. ) Any help would be really appreciated.

Seed: F308156C
Frame: 1550
Hour: 8
PID: BB5DB879
!!!
Nature: Modest
Ability: 1
HP: 31
Atk: 14
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Spe: 31
Hidden Power: Dragon
Power: 70
50% F : F
12.5% F : M
25% F : M
75% F : F

Frame from the Researcher: 317 | 0003B31B | 0003 | B31B | 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 3 0 1 0
Can somebody help me?

Can somebody help me?
Point is, when you ask us, all that we can do technically is try replicate the situation and test for ourselves, which you yourself can do just like the rest of us as apparently nobody knows the solution beforehand. Id be glad to help if my derpy school laptop can run emulator+rngrep+Mexcel+eontimer+everything at the same time tho. no offense sry

I'm trying to perform Egg IV RNG abuse on Emerald via emulator (I don't have the motivation to do it on cart anymore), but I keep hitting alternate/split frames despite resetting, generating new eggs and saving/waiting around. I've tried at least 15 times now. What am I missing?

Albus

The Triumphant
I obviously did the necessary tests before asking... regardless, i found what was the problem with that stupid Porygon, thanks for the response tho.

I'm trying to perform Egg IV RNG abuse on Emerald via emulator (I don't have the motivation to do it on cart anymore), but I keep hitting alternate/split frames despite resetting, generating new eggs and saving/waiting around. I've tried at least 15 times now. What am I missing?
Are you using an Everstone with the female/Ditto? because thats what normally makes the game generate Alternate/Split spreads IIRC, if you don't use an Everstone i'm pretty sure the Alternate/Split spreads will stop appearing, if that works for me it should work for you too.

I obviously did the necessary tests before asking... regardless, i found what was the problem with that stupid Porygon, thanks for the response tho.

Are you using an Everstone with the female/Ditto? because thats what normally makes the game generate Alternate/Split spreads IIRC, if you don't use an Everstone i'm pretty sure the Alternate/Split spreads will stop appearing, if that works for me it should work for you too.
Nope, I am not using an Everstone on either parents. I've also noticed that sometimes I can make a state where the spread would normally be a "Normal" spread, but when I hit the state again, it becomes Alternate.

Albus

The Triumphant
Nope, I am not using an Everstone on either parents. I've also noticed that sometimes I can make a state where the spread would normally be a "Normal" spread, but when I hit the state again, it becomes Alternate.
Thats weird... then it could possibly be the Emulator itself, similar to FRLG when it generates a Method 4 spread instead of a 1/2 on a Emu from time to time, it could be more or less like that, but i'm not really sure, since i do most of my RNG breeding on my retail Emerald (with some exceptions on a Emu).

Thats weird... then it could possibly be the Emulator itself, similar to FRLG when it generates a Method 4 spread instead of a 1/2 on a Emu from time to time, it could be more or less like that, but i'm not really sure, since i do most of my RNG breeding on my retail Emerald (with some exceptions on a Emu).
The interesting thing is that I Egg RNG'd 4 different Pokemon(Bagon, Slakoth, Beldum and Gastly) the night before with virtually no problems at all. Only Heracross is being a prick right now.

So I'm just unlucky then?

Albus

The Triumphant
The interesting thing is that I Egg RNG'd 4 different Pokemon(Bagon, Slakoth, Beldum and Gastly) the night before with virtually no problems at all. Only Heracross is being a prick right now.

So I'm just unlucky then?
If that is then you could be simply being unlucky or the Emulator somehow trolling you similar to FRLG with the aforementioned example, but i'm leaning towards the former.

Or you could simply try hitting it on your retail Emerald, or is that frame very far from reachable?

If that is then you could be simply being unlucky or the Emulator somehow trolling you similar to FRLG with the aforementioned example, but i'm leaning towards the former.

Or you could simply try hitting it on your retail Emerald, or is that frame very far from reachable?
I might just have to do that instead, albeit it's been awhile since I've done anything on Emerald. It's a pretty close frame, about 4 minutes in.

Also, this is off-topic, but I love your avatar.

Albus

The Triumphant
I might just have to do that instead, albeit it's been awhile since I've done anything on Emerald. It's a pretty close frame, about 4 minutes in.

Also, this is off-topic, but I love your avatar.
4 minutes? then why don't you try hitting it on retail instead? in spite of being unable to use states, is far more easier and consistent IMO. Or if everything else fails, just keep trying on Emu.

Lol thanks, i love that episode of Gohan speculating about his future with Goku in Ginyu's body, that was priceless. But now that i realize it, yours (and your name) is also DBZ related, what a derp i am.

4 minutes? then why don't you try hitting it on retail instead? in spite of being unable to use states, is far more easier and consistent IMO. Or if everything else fails, just keep trying on Emu.

Lol thanks, i love that episode of Gohan speculating about his future with Goku in Ginyu's body, that was priceless. But now that i realize it, yours (and your name) is also DBZ related, what a derp i am.
Tch, looks like I've lost my touch for retail, I keep dancing around the frame. Eventually I just settled for an alternate frame that was more or less equal to what I wanted. Thanks for your help though.

Yeah, it's one of my favorites too. All time is probably the driving episode, though.

Having a hell of a time trying to RNG Heatran in Pearl. When I land on the frame I'm going for, it skips me ahead to some frame that wasn't even close, and when I check the frames right before and right after my target, the IVs and nature are exactly what it should be.

Is there anything different for Heatran, because I've gotten Palkia, Giratina, Uxies, Mesprit, and Azelf with no issues.

Last edited:

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Having a hell of a time trying to RNG Heatran in Pearl. When I land on the frame I'm going for, it skips me ahead to some frame that wasn't even close, and when I check the frames right before and right after my target, the IVs and nature are exactly what it should be.

Is there anything different for Heatran, because I've gotten Palkia, Giratina, Uxies, Mesprit, and Azelf with no issues.
You are using Method J, correct? With a sync lead (if applicable). Make sure to use set that you're using that in the main window if you are.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Been several months since I last did any sort of Gen 4 RNG abuse, so I need to jog my memory with Cute Charm.

I'm trying to RNG a swarming Electrike from Valley Windworks w/ Timid/A1, 31/2/30/31/31/31. The only spread I see requires Cute Charm (75% M). I know I'll need a female cute charmer, but does the gender ratio apply to my lead (meaning I need a female with 75% M/25% F gender ratio), or does it apply to the target Pokemon? If it applies to the target, does this mean the spread will not work with Electrike?

Forgot there are no Cute Charmers with that gender ratio. I'll just breed the damn thing. lol

Last edited:
I've hit my delay and time twice, but my frame is 304 and I think I keep messing that up. I'm trying to RNG latias from HGSS enigma stone event I kept active and wanna know the best way to advance to my frame safely? I've tried doing it with two chatots and failed both times unfortunately.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I've hit my delay and time twice, but my frame is 304 and I think I keep messing that up. I'm trying to RNG latias from HGSS enigma stone event I kept active and wanna know the best way to advance to my frame safely? I've tried doing it with two chatots and failed both times unfortunately.
It's probably just the npcs messing you up. If you can identify the chatters you could use that as a guide to see how many frames the npcs are advancing. If that's a no go, then calling the professor or the juggler are safe alternatives.

I have a question. I restarted my SoulSilver game to RNG for the legendaries.
I found out that my calibrated second was 15, while my calibrated delay was 718 (yeah i did this multiple times to be sure).
I cannot soft reset my game as when I do that, a white screen appears and does not go away.
My question is: instead of soft resetting, can I just press A on the main page of the DS on the game itself for when the first timer on EonTimer reaches 0, and then press A on my save file when the second timer reaches 0?
Because I have done this now multiple times and I never seem to get consistent delays. If I input the delay i hit into EonTimer, my calibrated delay sometimes shifts from 718 to about -240 etc, so I am betting that I am doing something wrong.

I am trying to RNG Latios (only for IVs + nature; HP FIRE, modest) and I have found a seed and a time to do this. I am standing one step the autowalk sequence with Lance, and yeah I have KO'd Latios, but have the other roamers running wild. I am not concerned with frames at the moment, since I have never even hit my delay yet. And I can tell which delays I hit by looking at the pokegear map and check where the other two roamers are.

So what am I doing wrong? Is it that I NEED to soft reset and not just turn off my DS and then click on the game after the first timer? If so, i am screwed since my game won't SR and it won't play on my 3ds.. and no, it's not a fake game.

I have RNG'd all the legendaries in gen 5 successfully multiple times, so I am not completely new to the RNG scene..

Please help me xD

It's probably just the npcs messing you up. If you can identify the chatters you could use that as a guide to see how many frames the npcs are advancing. If that's a no go, then calling the professor or the juggler are safe alternatives.
It was actually that I forgot that the frames start at one, and I was treating it as it started at zero... lol. Anyways I've caught my latias and now I'm onto giratina lol. :)

I also have another question; it used to say that the frame advances by 2 every time a journal page shows a pokemon defeated, and now in the instructions for DPPt RNG it only says if a pokemon is caught, so I was wondering if a pokemon defeated showing in the journal does advance the frame or not or if its just a captured pokemon? can someone please help

I have a question. I restarted my SoulSilver game to RNG for the legendaries.
I found out that my calibrated second was 15, while my calibrated delay was 718 (yeah i did this multiple times to be sure).
I cannot soft reset my game as when I do that, a white screen appears and does not go away.
My question is: instead of soft resetting, can I just press A on the main page of the DS on the game itself for when the first timer on EonTimer reaches 0, and then press A on my save file when the second timer reaches 0?
Because I have done this now multiple times and I never seem to get consistent delays. If I input the delay i hit into EonTimer, my calibrated delay sometimes shifts from 718 to about -240 etc, so I am betting that I am doing something wrong.

I am trying to RNG Latios (only for IVs + nature; HP FIRE, modest) and I have found a seed and a time to do this. I am standing one step the autowalk sequence with Lance, and yeah I have KO'd Latios, but have the other roamers running wild. I am not concerned with frames at the moment, since I have never even hit my delay yet. And I can tell which delays I hit by looking at the pokegear map and check where the other two roamers are.

So what am I doing wrong? Is it that I NEED to soft reset and not just turn off my DS and then click on the game after the first timer? If so, i am screwed since my game won't SR and it won't play on my 3ds.. and no, it's not a fake game.

I have RNG'd all the legendaries in gen 5 successfully multiple times, so I am not completely new to the RNG scene..

Please help me xD
I caught my shiny HP fire latias yesterday and I start from the main screen and don't soft reset :) as long as you calibrate it to your delay and second from starting at the DS menu it will work. and if you change the date on your ds it will affect the delay to possibly something you're more comfortable with or that you hit often. hope i helped a bit

I caught my shiny HP fire latias yesterday and I start from the main screen and don't soft reset :) as long as you calibrate it to your delay and second from starting at the DS menu it will work. and if you change the date on your ds it will affect the delay to possibly something you're more comfortable with or that you hit often. hope i helped a bit
thanks! :) I will try to do that ;D

I keep hitting both odd and even delays :O that's not normal right? :/
I found another seed with a delay that was lower (1297) and therefore easier to hit. But the thing is; when I use the two roamers I have left to figure out which delay I am hitting, I come up with both odd and even delays. Am I doing something wrong?
Should I try to change my calibrated second from 15 to 14?

EDIT: my target second is 59, but sometimes I hit 58. What can I do to constantly hit 59?

EDIT: I changed my calibrated second to 14 and now I have hit the delay 1295 three times, so at least I am getting closer. the times that I have hit even delays was when I had hit the wrong second, so maybe that's what messed it up?
Hopefully I can hit 1297 soon since I was close with 1295 xD

EDIT: So I finally hit the delay I needed. Or so I thought.. And then I advanced the frame by 37 since my goal frame was 40 (and I had two roaming pokemon, making the starting frame 3). I caught the Latios, and its the wrong nature and has the wrong IVs. And I can't find what seed I hit or what frame I hit in RNG reporter.. :/
I tried:
seed by stats (too low levelled)
Looking at the other frames for the same seed.. nothing even close..
Did I not hit the correct delay then? Even though the roamers were in the route they were supposed to be in?

My seed: 5303051D
Time: 3.24.58
Goal frame: 40

Nevermind.. I see that my suspicions were correct. It was a fake game, even though I had bought it at gamestop many years ago and even though it can be used online, like on the GTS etc. The cartridge looks nothing like my Heart Gold game (the SS version has a lugia on the cartidge).. Damn.. The only way I'll get my hands on the Latios I want now is to either buy a new soulsilver game and hope for the best, or try to get the wondercard for the enigma stone on my heartgold. Which is basically hacking :/
It's stressful to do all of this before the closing of wifi services in May :P

Last edited:
I have an incredibly noobish question.
I'm trying to abuse my TID/SID on Platinum. I have eontimer and rng reporter, I'm following the steps in the DPP / HGSS manipulation guide and got as far as step two.
It says to go to Pandora's Box, under the PID section and enter info to do a search. But when I open pandoras box it says I need a profile to go any further.
This seems like a ridiculous thing to have trouble with, but how does one create a profile that asks for TID / SID if the whole point of the endeavor is to FIND a TID/SID to abuse for?
Also, it asks for the game version, but lists no gen 4 games in the drop down menu, despite my going through the 4th gen menu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 16)