Media One Piece (spoilers!)

Franky, what the hell? He's supposed to specialize in crowd control, how'd he get beat so badly by a large group of weaker enemies?

Well, another favorite chapter of mine just coz of Usopp, but I hope the next one's gonna be epic. I think strong guys finally being removed from being a toy will make total chaos and would totally overwhelm Dofla's crew.

About Franky, I think Oda made a mistake here, him trying too much to emphasize the need to highlight everybody's reliance on Usopp.

This whole thing was bullshit. Franky was the one who pushed for them to go in the first place and was supposedly going all out, then gets jobbed like nobody's business, all to build up to Usopp getting destroyed and basically winning by luck. Simply riveting, Oda, we can really see the difference the timeskip made.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Maybe you all saw this (I didn't upon first read) but Dellinger showed up to take on Franky as well... The marines may be fodder but three agents of doflamingo might be a little much. I really liked this chapter though (well, after the flashback ended). I hope the toys actually turn back though. How shitty would it be if the effect didn't wear off when sugar fainted?

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This whole thing was bullshit. Franky was the one who pushed for them to go in the first place and was supposedly going all out, then gets jobbed like nobody's business, all to build up to Usopp getting destroyed and basically winning by luck. Simply riveting, Oda, we can really see the difference the timeskip made.
that's severe underestimation of doflamingos crew mates. franky was against señor pink, machvise, dellinger and possible VA intervention. he held his ground long enough.

this is new world son i expected nothing less

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Stfu man, Franky is strong but not that strong, a lot of strong DD executives + 1 VA, him losing was totally logical.

The flashback was great and really moving, i didn't have high expectations because i didn't like how it started, but in the end it turned out to be great.

Also, nice to see the Ussop bs is finished, so that finally shit will hit the fan!

Last edited:
Oda is a fucking genious, nothing more needs to be said...actually just one more thing, when is the next chapter gonna come ;_;

Also that's we get for making fun of an oversized baby, gg Franky.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Stfu guys, Franky is strong but not that strong, a lot of strong DD executives + 1 VA, him losing was totally logical.

The flashback was great and really moving, i didn't have high expectations because i didn't like how it started, but in the end it turned out to be great.

Also, nice to see the Ussop bs is finished, so that finally shit will hit the fan!
why plural?

also

Jimbo and franky ... since robin was toyed, when she reverts...we finally get her number chapter?!!!!

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That flashback was moving, and it (unfortunately, for some people) added fuel for the "Rebecca for next nakama" supporters, seeing as how Scarlett was essentially dead to the public, making Viola King Riku's rightful successor.

Also, I found the way Usopp KOed Sugar to be hilarious.

Last edited:
Wasn't Franky against Senor Pink, Machvise, Dellinger (3 DD execs) + a va in the marines >.>
Even if he was overpowered, he shouldn't have lost that easily. This is the guy who took on an army of Pacifista by himself, yet he can't even hit one of these guys?

Even if he was overpowered, he shouldn't have lost that easily. This is the guy who took on an army of Pacifista by himself, yet he can't even hit one of these guys?
When did Franky take on an entire army of Pacifistas? Also, don't forget that the Pacifistas that the Straw Hat's beat at the Sabaody Archipelago post-timeskip were the older model.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

How do you know how easily he lost?

There were previous panels of him hurting senor pink and handling Machvise so...????

The fight occurred mostly off panel, besides those two instances of him actually winning...

Also, while I am not keen on deeply and in detail discussing movie events as "common sense canon" as we assume they are, Franky was in General Shogun form when he beat those new age Pacifistas.

We don't really know the speciifcs with him, but the overall strength of what we know as "franky" might be significantly increased in that form (though apparently he can only beam in normal form)???

Who knows?

Bottom line is he was up against 3 execs in the "fighter" tree of DD's organization and a VA + fodder, the fight occurred mostly off panel, and the panels we did see were Franky winning.

So not sure where you're coming from here, FRANKlY speaking.

If anyone has the time or knows already, I would be quite interested in learning the exact number of times Ussop's nose has been broken in the series. Ahahaha.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You shouldn't be basing your opinions on a OP movie, or else you will be really disappointed, the protagonists are usually seen way stronger than they are in the movies. You can try and convince yourself that the movies closely represent the actual series and treat them as some form of spoilers or a peak in the future, but you just can't rely on them on a casual basis.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, but at that time he had FRANKY SHOGUN with him. :|

You shouldn't be basing your opinions on a OP movie, or else you will be really disappointed, the protagonists are usually seen way stronger than they are in the movies. You can try and convince yourself that the movies closely represent the actual series and treat them as some form of spoilers or a peak in the future, but you just can't rely on them on a casual basis.
I'd say the opposite is true-- that in the movie straw hats often get beat by lame shit/opponents you'd never expect them to in the actual series.

Film Z though is different from others-- it's way closer to the Canon material, and the power level represented in it actually makes sense (except for the franky destroying an army of new model pacifista...).

Like I just said, Franky Shogun doesn't do much offensively.

Either way, even if it made perfect sense for him to be destroyed without so much as a scratch on his opponents, it's still really bad writing to give such an anticlimactic end to something so hyped up and completely off-screen it. What's even worse is doing it twice in the same chapter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)