move 2: Taunt
move 3: Waterfall
move 4: Explosion / Destiny Bond
item: Focus Sash
ability: Intimidate
nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

- Arguable one of the best offensive spikers in this tier, if not the best.
- A lot of tricky moves to allow allow put their job in the practise much easier.
- Effectively checks threats like Escavalier, Durant or Emboar thanks to their typing and ability which can be really useful in mid-games to drop opponent Atk and with their type just quit opposite Toxic Spikes.
- Spikes is a mandatory move, thanks to their solid speed and Focus Sash can setupp usually between 1~2 layers of spikes easily.
- With Taunt prevent hazards or any boost move on the opponent, so gives you a good advantage such a lead matchup.
- Waterfall like stronger move and to kill Cryogonal.
- Last move between Explosion to prevent anti-spin against Kabutops and kill fast dangerous stuff like Sceptile which can setupp with Sword Dance or Substitute, also Explosion guarantee an decent damage to their opponent mon, the another option and last option is Destiny Bond which allows to kill some more defensive threats along with Taunt but requires an smart prediction.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

- The ev spread and nature are pretty self-explanatory, maximize their Speed to creep at max opposite Qwilfish. At very least this set needs run max speed + 216 Evs to outrun max speed base 80 (Kabutops, Gallade and Mesprit).
- Timid Nature along with Scald and using that Atk evs to SpA is another solid option specially if you're worried about ground types (Steelix, Rhydon and less extended Golurk), if you dedice to go with this you would use Destiny Bond instead of Explosion.
- Hydro Pump along with Timid for massive damage but accuracy.
- An spread with 252 evs Def and faster is still decent if you need a better check to some physical threats in mid-games.
- Toxic Spikes like last move is an ok option, just matchup reliant.
- Poison Jab or Thunder Wave are another decent options, to criple some mons like Rotom-C in the switch.
- Ghost types are good temmates with Qwilfish, specially Golurk which can setupp Stealth Rock and Rotom-N, just to prevent spin much better. Spiritomb also can keep your hazards on the field and trap pursuit Cryogonal.
- Ground types are solid temmates to prevent volt switch spam from choice users.
- Any kind sweeper or cleaner which apreciates spike-stackin is a good temmate like OTR Slowking, Aerodactyl, Sceptile and Scarf Durant.
- Worst enemy is fast Cryogonal, which is faster than Qwilfish and can spin or kill him with Hidden Power Ground, so just use something to handle/lure him like Pursuit Esca or Yache Lurk.

I think that this is ok on my experience, teams.. just lotta of grammar errors :x

Last edited:

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Mention tombrero as a partner because qwilfish likes hats and spin blockers who can pursuit.

Mention that it wants a ground type teammate because volt switch.

QC APPROVED 1/3

i'd mention max hp / max speed somewhere, since it gives qwilfish more flexibility mid-game and tbh i've always found it pretty weak with or without atk investment though.

but yeah, best qwilfish imo

qc 2/3

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
lmao i forgot how sassy Qwilfish's GSC sprite was, just look at it

nails

e.e

OK no but for real when mentioning Timid and Scald, mention Hydro Pump too since the massive hit on Steelix and Crustle is p. cool.

col49

- An spread with 252 evs Def and faster is still decent if you need a better check to some physical threats in mid-games.
I already added this, just 252 evs def > 252 evs hp because is more efficient for playing like physical wall @ mid-games.

-1 252 Atk Emboar Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Qwilfish: 160-190 (47.9 - 56.88%) -- 41.02% chance to 2HKO

-1 252 Atk Emboar Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Qwilfish: 120-142 (44.28 - 52.39%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Using suicide lead qwilfish at mid-games is already situational, maximizing their defense instead than hp because can tank hits better and have an horrible hp / spdef to be useful anyways Against special stuff you would go with Spikes or just take more damage from your special opponent to guarantee that both die in case that Qwilfish is using Destiny Bond. (drop their atk => using destiny bond instead than boom usually).

about the rest o_k I already edited.

ss234

bop.
I'd quite like to see twave mentioned somewhere, its useful to catch stuff like sigilyph off guard and also gives it some sort of utility in paralyzing ant etc. in mid game. and yeah 252 def should be main spread as it is somewhat useful for dealing with ant / esca / big pig and the like mid game, although its not majorly important as 99% of the time you're using qwil as a lead and you're just trying to get some spikes down quick before dying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)