Mario Kart 7/8 Thread

Do you want to see a Smogon Mario Kart 7 Community for all of us to race?

• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
I'm surprised neither of these games haven't acquired a thread at the very least, but I guess that goes to show some things.

Anyways, with Mario Kart 8 coming in May (hopefully no delays), what are you most excited for?

Also, this can be a place for you to talk about the current game: Mario Kart 7. What is on your mind if you are still playing the game? Any successes/failures? Just let it all loose!

(reserved for possible Community Code)

theangryscientist

angry, not mad
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
we already had a smogon mk7 community and related irc channel, and even a tournament

then the channel and community both died from inactivity

we already had a smogon mk7 community and related irc channel, and even a tournament

then the channel and community both died from inactivity
Oh, I didn't know. My apologies for my lack of knowledge on that. I guess it is safe to lock this thread then.

Again, my apologies for the lack of knowledge.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Wow, the Rainbow Road theme from MK64 is back. And oh, how well done it appears to be. Love it already!

Other than that, it was nice to see some of the features. I like the touch with Mario's moustache flapping in the wind.

What I don't like, however, is that this game seems to treat gravity just like MKWii: Gravity towards the track, no matter its orientation. That means you can't have spectacular tumbles downhill, or be flung away epically if you go the wrong way off a ramp. Even on vertical track segments (such as the initial drop right after the start/finish line in MKWii's Rainbow Road, you'll fall back on the track if you're blasted into the air. It makes for less fun physics abuse in favour of more predictable driving. What is the point of having tracks with wonky orientation if you're glued to the asphalt anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)