Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im working on a raticate set i need some help.

Raticate
N:Jolly
I:Flame Orb
A:Guts
EVs:252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
M1:Swords Dance
M2:Facade
M3:Sucker Punch/Quick Attack
M4:U-Turn

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Im working on a raticate set i need some help.

Raticate
N:Jolly
I:Flame Orb
A:Guts
EVs:252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
M1:Swords Dance
M2:Facade
M3:Sucker Punch/Quick Attack
M4:U-Turn

Any thoughts would be appreciated
This is a great set but there's a problem: Raticate doesn't have a place in OU. Try in Gen V NU or... if IIRC, the lowest tier where you can use Raticate in Gen VI is Pokemon Online LU (3rd tier).

So I'm running a paraflinch togekiss set, but I really am stumped on how much speed to put in. Should I use max speed to paraflinch as much as possible? If not, how many EVs I should use?

So I'm running a paraflinch togekiss set, but I really am stumped on how much speed to put in. Should I use max speed to paraflinch as much as possible? If not, how many EVs I should use?
What exactly would you be looking to outspeed? Uninvested neutral-natured Togekiss outspeeds Ninjask's highest speed spread until it gets to +2 or better if it's paralyzed. Unless you're looking to outspeed a speed booster, you shouldn't need any speed investment on a paraflinch set.

I repeat: you outspeed max speed scarfed Ninjask.

Specially defensive Trevenant can work fairly well against both of them, if it uses the sitrust/harvest set and especially if it has shadow claw, leech seed, and status. Both have to use a weak ice move (HP Ice for Thundy and Icy Wind on Keldy) to deal the most damage and even then it only does a bit more than your sitrus heals. If the Thundy doesn't have taunt, you can even leech seed it to ensure you don't lose to bad luck with harvest (and you can always do that with Keldeo). If it does, you can spam shadow claw and hope you kill him before your harvest gives out.
I tried Gastrodon but it didn't really work too well against those specific things. SpDef Trevenant though is definitely a very reliable counter for the both of them, though I chose to run rest chesto berry because of Thundurus T-Wave and Keldeo scalds. Thanks for the suggestion!

Since you lose trace when you mega evolve you will also lose the ability you got from it so no you won't have two different abilities and yes you will lose the ability you traced when switching out and get a new one every time you switch in.
Thanks. Then the simulator is glitched, because it shows my ability as the traced ability even after I mega evolve.

What exactly would you be looking to outspeed? Uninvested neutral-natured Togekiss outspeeds Ninjask's highest speed spread until it gets to +2 or better if it's paralyzed. Unless you're looking to outspeed a speed booster, you shouldn't need any speed investment on a paraflinch set.

I repeat: you outspeed max speed scarfed Ninjask.
The thing is, my team has issues with tyranitar and togekiss is my best check. I just was to know how much I need to nail it first with aura sphere or simply thunder wave it.

Last edited:
The thing is, my team has issues with tyranitar and togekiss is my best check. I just was to know how much I need to nail it first with aura sphere or simply thunder wave it.
252+ SpA Togekiss Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 244-288 (60.3 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 384-452 (123.4 - 145.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(Assumes you max speed and special attack)
Togekiss is not the best tyranitar check. Something like conkeldurr suits the job much better. But, if you need to know, 104 neutral natured Togekiss outspends 252 neutral natured tyranitar.

I tried Gastrodon but it didn't really work too well against those specific things. SpDef Trevenant though is definitely a very reliable counter for the both of them, though I chose to run rest chesto berry because of Thundurus T-Wave and Keldeo scalds. Thanks for the suggestion!
You can try specially defensive amoonguss. Just be wary of thundurus using hidden power flying after nasty plot.

I just looked at Gyarados' OU analyse, and for the defensive sets they give him 248HP EVs. Can anyone explain me why not to give him 252?
I know for some pokemons it enables them to take less hazard damage, but that doesn't seem to be the case with Gyarados...

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
I just looked at Gyarados' OU analyse, and for the defensive sets they give him 248HP EVs. Can anyone explain me why not to give him 252?
I know for some pokemons it enables them to take less hazard damage, but that doesn't seem to be the case with Gyarados...
It gives an odd HP number of 393, meaning it can switch in on SR at least 5 times.

But aren't damages rounded down? 394/4=98.5, so it would take only 98 damages and still switch in SR 5 times, or I am wrong about the rounding?

I was wondering about Goodra, i was going to put 252HP on it, but i wasn't sure about splitting 252 between def and sp.attack to give its attacks some punch but does it make it not very effective at anything?

I was wondering about Goodra, i was going to put 252HP on it, but i wasn't sure about splitting 252 between def and sp.attack to give its attacks some punch but does it make it not very effective at anything?
I run 252 HP 252 Sp. Atk and I'd say that's the way to go. Goodra shouldn't be staying in on most physical threats anyway so defense isn't of much use and its excellent special movepool should be exploited to the fullest, so max out Sp. Atk.

I run 252 HP 252 Sp. Atk and I'd say that's the way to go. Goodra shouldn't be staying in on most physical threats anyway so defense isn't of much use and its excellent special movepool should be exploited to the fullest, so max out Sp. Atk.
But mine is Gooey, if i fully invest in defense can i still gets the OHKO's or possibly outspeed after a drop with uninvested speed the things goodra usually takes on.

But mine is Gooey, if i fully invest in defense can i still gets the OHKO's or possibly outspeed after a drop with uninvested speed the things goodra usually takes on.
You seem to be trying to make Goodra a physically defensive tank and I don't think it's well suited to this role, even factoring in Gooey. With Goodra's low base 70 Defense, Gooey is more suited to slowing something down as Goodra dies and then coming in with something else to revenge kill/force a switch imo. By just investing in HP, Goodra can easily tank most hits on the special side and this helps its physical bulk as well.

You seem to be trying to make Goodra a physically defensive tank and I don't think it's well suited to this role, even factoring in Gooey With Goodra's low base 70 Defense, Gooey is more suited to slowing something down as Goodra dies and then coming in with something else to revenge kill/force a switch imo. By just investing in HP, Goodra can easily tank most hits on the special side and this helps its physical bulk as well.
Fair enough, thanks for the help

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sap Sipper > Gooey on all Goodra sets. immunity to a type is pretty good.

What is the most efficient way to MM? Specifically the fastest way to hurry through eggs once you've already got different-region mons in the daycare. Currently I amass 6 eggs, wait until one hatches, then if the daycare man has another egg ready I go to the PC in the daycare to release the one that hatched and then I get the new egg from the man and I keep going like that. Is there a better way? Hatch all six at a time? Hatch 2? Etc. I'm looking for the way to hatch the most eggs in the lowest time.

Btw, I'm also using hatching power level 3 and I have a Flame Body Fletchinder in the front spot.

What is the most efficient way to MM? Specifically the fastest way to hurry through eggs once you've already got different-region mons in the daycare. Currently I amass 6 eggs, wait until one hatches, then if the daycare man has another egg ready I go to the PC in the daycare to release the one that hatched and then I get the new egg from the man and I keep going like that. Is there a better way? Hatch all six at a time? Hatch 2? Etc. I'm looking for the way to hatch the most eggs in the lowest time.

Btw, I'm also using hatching power level 3 and I have a Flame Body Fletchinder in the front spot.
What I generally like to do is collect a full inventory of eggs, then hit the Hatch Power and just roll until it finishes. You sorta waste a lot of Hatch Power if you stop to release+reload every time one hatches.

I may be a bad person to take advice from though, because I'm bad at MM'ing; I tend to also check the IVs of the offspring so I can keep the good ones as trade fodder. Not a bad idea depending on whether you're breeding something decent, because good-IV good-nature Pokemon are often in decent demand and you can get some great stuff in trades.

If you're Masuda'ing Luvdisc, though, you might... might just want to pitch those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)