You heard the footsteps didn't you?

You stand in fear, not because of the dark...
You stand in fear, not because of what you can't see coming...
You stand in fear, because of what you hear...
Thud... Thud... Thud...
You are frozen with fear, the ground shakes...
You are frozen with fear, trees crash...
You are frozen with fear, of the behemoth in front you...
Thud...
You saw me coming...
You made the first move...
You failed because of it...

... Now witness my raw power

I made this team using my favorite pokemon, Metagross. I'm always sore about him being inferior in OU to Scizor, especially now that Scizor has a Mega Evolution. So I make it my duty to keep him in my line up at all costs. Know my first pokemon was Metagross, my next choice was easy enough to be Rotom-W. Mainly for the fact that he is very bulky, and has two good STABs. Rotom then lead me to Tyranitar for type coverage. I wanted a wish healer and with chancy out of the mix, I went to Sylveon, and I do not regret it. Looking for even more bulk with Aegislash who can set up and just nuke people. This left me with one question... Who is gonna be my lead? I looked through legal SR users and Taunters....But in the end I needed something that could start me off 6-5 and Infernape has most times gotten me to 6-4 situations.

The Lead

Sugar

Infernape ( Sugar ) @ Life Orb
Blaze
Naive (+Spd, - Sp.Def )
252 Spd / 32 Atk / 224 Sp.Atk
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power (Ice)

- Gunk Shot

Overview:
Has worked very well for a lead for me as of right now. It out speeds quite a few common pokemon and hits a lot of common switch ins very freaking hard. I'm not using any priority moves because they are just too weak for what I need. Most switch ins get spanked if their lead isn't up for the match up, and my special variety is great for people who think I'm a physical or SR set. Azumarill switch ins can get smashed by gunk shot if I predict correctly. I usually stay in with Azumarill because people tend to think I will switch and go for waterfall rather than Aqua Jet and I can finish it off with Close Combat or Fire Blast because I'm not always confident in Gunk ( 80% accuracy ). The Attack EV's are to make sure I get 2HKO's on certain pokemon with Close Combat. If you think they need to change please let me know. I've seen some people run 168 Atk EV's to OHKO Heatran but I'm not sure about it just yet.

Coach's Favorite
Keytone

Metagross ( Keytone ) @ Assault Vest
Clear Body
Adamant ( +Atk, -Sp. Atk )
252 HP / 248 Atk / 8 Spd
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm

Overview:
So I hate him being compared to Scizor. He is not played like Scizor. Metagross tanks a hit and smashes your front teeth in. And he tanks hits really well. I prefer no Bullet Punch because its just too weak for Metagross to smash things with. Zen Headbutt and Hammer Arm add more coverage and smash ability for Metagross. Because of his tank abilities it allows him to punch holes into quicker pokemon.

The Behemoth
Lantus
Tyranitar ( Lantus ) @ Assault Vest
Sand Stream
Careful ( +Sp.Def, -Sp.Atk )
252 HP / 248 Sp. Def / 8 Spd
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Overview:
Have you tried to take this thing out? Like have you? 327 Sp. Def + 50% Sand Stream + 50% Assault Vest = 735 Sp.Def if I'm not wrong... That is wow... Plus 304 Attack is no joke either. This thing is just a tank. Yea its x4 weakness to fighting is a pain, and it doesn't take an Earthquake all that well either, but its gonna bite you back regardless. One thing I am considering is Ice Punch over Pursuit for Gliscor, but I haven't tested enough out to see if Pursuit is still that dandy yet. 8 Spd is just to outpace other variants. I want to be the faster big tank :P.

The Pivot
GK-Unit

Rotom-W ( GK-Unit ) @ Chesto Berry
Levitate
Bold ( +Def, -Atk )
252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Discharge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Overview:
This key is a key switch to for this team. Water Attack? Rotom. Water pokemon? Rotom. Earthquake? Rotom. Something that is just generally ticking me off? Rotom. Will-O-Wisp the switch in pokemon most of the time or hit them with Discharge and get the 30% PARA and go from there. Very good sweeper crippler. Rest + Chesto = Full Restore. And I've never needed to use Rest more than once. Only things I'm thinking about are maybe HP Ice over Will-O-Wisp so that I'm not walled by Dragons. But at the same time they won't like Will-O-Wisp either... Hmm

Make-A-Wish Foundation
Dani
Sylveon ( Dani ) @ Leftovers
Cute Charm
Bold ( +Def, -Atk )
248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spd
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Yawn

Overview:
This pokemon is awesome at handling hits especially all the fighting ones that keep coming. Being weak to Bullet Punch does suck a little but I have plenty of switch ins for that. Most people are like what is Yawn in there for? Well its not really as gimmicky as you'd think. Switch in to a fighting move, Yawn the switch in. Wish on their switch and heal accordingly. It works very well. Protect is there if Sylveon needs the wish. Moonblast is just ruthless to lots of things which is great :).

The Clean Up Man
Nova

Aegislash ( Nova ) @ Leftovers
Stance Change
Relaxed ( +Def, -Spd )
248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Overview:
Can you say boss? This guy can switch in on soooo many things and just set up on people. Its ridiculous. I really like him overall and he is bulkier than most other forms. I kinda wish I could make him a mixed variant but I'm not sure how effective that would be without Swords Dance. Another way to go could possibly be Automize, Sacred Sword, Iron Head, and Shadow Claw/Sneak. Or Automize with Hidden Power Ice, Shadow Ball, and Flash Cannon. But this version is much bulkier than those two.

Overall
I like my team as a whole. I wish I could fit a stealth rock pokemon in here somewhere, but I'm not gonna complain because my team does pretty good without it. Because I'm still quite new to the competitive battling I don't quite know all my weaknesses yet. Steel pokemon are a pain if Infernape is gone and many people are running 2-3 on a team. Dragons don't do a lot of damage to me, but I can't usually hit them back with a super effective attack back, unless Infernape is still alive. Spikes could be a huge concern for my team however being that only Rotom-W is not affected. In fact Earthquake users will rip this team apart. CB Garchomp and Exadrill will probably be my downfall of this team.

Thanks!

Hey Jondragonjon, nice team you have here.

As noted CB Chomp or Excadrill will rip thru your team but your also forgetting Mega Gyarados and his EQ with Mold Breaker!!!

Since you don't run any hazards as well, I will like to replace Aegislash, who is completely out of place on this team for:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EV: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Ability: Pressure
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

This guy completely avoids EQ, can hit Excadrill and other Steel Types with HW, Volt Switch can provide some much needed momentum and Defog purges the field of the omnipresent Stealth Rocks that would litter the field.

On a side note, I would go Gunk Shot < U-Turn and Discharge < Volt Switch for Infernape and Rotom-W respectively. While the moves they currently have do have merit, your team is Bulky and needs to replace the lack of speed, aside from Infernape, with smart switches and thus, VoltTurn can be very beneficial in gaining the momentum you need to turn the match in your favor.

Tell me what you think.

Hi Jondragonjon! Nice looking team you got there. Your team has some great threats and nice synergy!
I agree with Rafael on moves you should replace. Althou if you decide to replace Gunk Shot with U-Turn you should consider replacing LO with E-pelt, taking recoil on switchin out and in(if rocks up) is going to wear your Infernape down very quickly. So think of that. Also i agree replacing Discharge with Volt Switch. Your team isn't fast so momentum is important, to scout and wearing down your opponents mons HP.
If you decide to run VoltTurn, you need someone who can get rid of hazards. Zapdos which was recommended by Rafael is good choice, but i would recommend Mega-Scizor over Metagross

Scizor@Scizorite
Techinician
Nature:Adamant
Ev's: Att 252, 216Speed, 40 Hp
-Bullet punch
-U-turn
-Defog
-Roost/Swords Dance/Knock Off

This Scizor can get rid of hazards and damage your opponent pretty nicely. Ev's are to outspeed Adamant Breloom to take it out with bullet punch if it's weakened a bit. Or you can use 252Hp/Attack investment to get bulky and tank hits. But i don't think it's necessary because your team is bulky enough to tank hits. Bullet punch is for priority, your team is slow so you need some priority moves. U-turn is for momentum and it's also great STAB attack. Last slot is up to you do you prefer recovery, more power or more coverage. Scizor also has nice synergy with your team. But this set wont get you nowhere with your EQ weakness...

You can use Ice Beam over pursuit on Ttar for Gliscor and Landorus-T, even with no investment in sp att it's going to do huge junk of damage to them(they're are usually invested in defense). And I dont think you need pursuit trap something( only thinking Lati@s and starmie but if you have Aegislash soo..)
IMO it's not necessary to have immunity to EQ (other than Rotom) . With smart predictions and momemtum from VoltTurn you can take out those EQ users( Scizor would help with that:) )

I hope i helped! Im not 100% sure if my suggestions work but i would give them a go( Ice beam>pursuit And Mega-Scizor). You should try those recommented sets, especially if you're new in competetive battling! You're gonna get more experience the more pokemon you try and battles you fight! Have Fun :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)