Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Poison Jab Volcarona. Wait, it can learn that?
I'd assume so being a Bug type :P
Plus, Garchomp and Chestnaught both learn Poison Jab. And Jellicent learns Toxic. And nearly every Water Type learns Ice Beam. Hell, Jirachi gets Healing Wish! Okay rant over :P
#PokemonLogic
Edit:
Well, Jirachi is the Wish Maker after all...
Actual Logic?
Well, that's new (For Pokemon at least)

I'd assume so being a Bug type :P
Plus, Garchomp and Chestnaught both learn Poison Jab. And Jellicent learns Toxic. And nearly every Water Type learns Ice Beam. Hell, Jirachi gets Healing Wish! Okay rant over :P
#PokemonLogic
Edit:

Actual Logic?
Well, that's new (For Pokemon at least)
Yeah, but what does Volcarona use to jab? Its wings?

Yeah, but what does Volcarona use to jab? Its wings?
There's a little stinger like thing on the bottom of its body.
Jelicent is a jellyfish and most are poisonous. The question is how is gets Magic Coat or Will-o-Wisp.
Ghost type?
IDK most (if not all) Ghost types learn Will-O-Wisp so it isn't really THAT odd. The odd things how Chanlelure can learn Toxic (It spews dust! :P
(I think that's enough "How can it do that?" for now XD)

Will-O-Wisp is learned by almost every ghost pokemon
Toxic is learned by every pokemon that can use TMs

Also, Scald and Hydro Pump on Keldeo isn't so dumb, especially when it's movepool is so...shallow
I know, I'm just speaking on a purely logical level XD
Scald AND Hydro Pump on the same set? Considering it has Icy Wind, Focus Blast and Hidden Power, it is pretty dumb IMO. When I ran my Keldeo without Icy Wind (On the cartridge) I had Focus Blast and Secret Sword. Because dual Water STAB is dumb (And Focus Miss can hit through Physical walls)

I know, I'm just speaking on a purely logical level XD
Scald AND Hydro Pump on the same set? Considering it has Icy Wind, Focus Blast and Hidden Power, it is pretty dumb IMO. When I ran my Keldeo without Icy Wind (On the cartridge) I had Focus Blast and Secret Sword. Because dual Water STAB is dumb (And Focus Miss can hit through Physical walls)
Scald and Hydro Pump serve two different purposes when used on the same set

Hydro Pump hits everything hard. Basic move. Slightly inaccurate.

Scald has that nice burn chance, usually a last ditch effort, but it's also 100% accurate stab that is still fairly powerful. Great for cleaning up teams.

I'm not saying it's the smartest thing to do but remember, his movepool sucks and hidden power is still a weak move. Let alone, scald is one of the stupidest moves ever

it's not smart, but definitely not that silly

Scald and Hydro Pump serve two different purposes when used on the same set

Hydro Pump hits everything hard. Basic move. Slightly inaccurate.

Scald has that nice burn chance, usually a last ditch effort, but it's also 100% accurate stab that is still fairly powerful. Great for cleaning up teams.
I prefer Scald because missing is stupid and it's cost me a near 100 streak on e Battle Maison.
But the way you've explained it it isn't THAT dumb. And Mood4food77 , Scald, Hydro Pump. It's personal preference. I prefer Scald because of the Burn chance and it being 100% accurate. Some people prefer Hydro Pump because it has more power and doesn't activate Guts by accident (it can happen, unlikely but it can)

Swords Dance->Flash Cannon Ferrothorn.
Hidden Power(Unknown) Tyranitar.
Sludge Bomb Dugtrio.

To be fair, the dude did say he was really new to the whole Showdown thing.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Random Shit volume 68: We're Not Gonna Take It Anymore Edition
-Counter+Chople Berry Blissey.
-I saw Albacore while sifting through the replays. It was the one where he activated a Weakness Policy with Knock Off. Oops indeed. Also, fix that Inner Focus Dragonite.
-A Hitmonlee that, by its owner's admission, did not have any Fighting moves.
-Two Umbreons poisoning each other, apparently ignoring Synchronize. Also, one of them had Bite and tried to stack Wishes.
-Greninja using Blizzard on Bisharp (and actually managing to freeze it), then later using Attract.
-The Sylveon that said Greninja attracted also had Attract. And Cute Charm.
-Superpower+Thunderbolt Malamar.
-Thief Staraptor.
-Ninetales without its weather.
-Fire Pledge Y-zard.
-Azumarill using Aqua Jet on said Y-zard, despite (based on the calcs) having Thick Fat (it took damage from Solarbeam), no Attack investment, and quite possibly an Attack reducing nature, as well as being in the sun.
-And as icing on the cake, the Y-zard got outsped by a mega evolving Gardevoir.
-Life Orb Manectric.
-Sacred Sword Keldeo. With both Scald and Hydro Pump. And the guy was almost 2000 rating.
-Some people still use ChainChomp, apparently.
-Well, that's one way to not beat Acupressure Shuckle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-103659699
-Arcanine with both Flamethrower and Incinerate.
-Special Sharpedo without Speed Boost.
-Iron Defense+Fly Skarmory.
-Sunny Day Alakazam. Four turns in a row. Without Magic Guard. And against the aforementioned Arcanine.
-Oran Berry Hydreigon. With DRAGON RAGE.
-Aura Sphere+Blaze Kick+Focus Punch Lucario.
-Headbutt+Return M-Pinsir.
-Liechi Berry Contrary Malamar. At first, I thought it was a glitch.
-Another Huge Power-less Azumarill with its normal physical attacks. Except the entirely not normal Giga Impact.
-Fly Talonflame. It only stopped using it because it got disabled.
-Charge Beam+Thunderbolt+Wild Charge Dedenne. Also, Dedenne in OU.
-Avalance+Ice Beam+Take Down+Dragon Tail (on Clefable) Aurorus.
-Clefable with a Pixie Plate.
-Well, this one was funny: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-103658958
-Poison Jab Volcarona. Wait, it can learn that?
-Venoshock Shuckle.
Scald/Surf and Hydro Pump are often on the same Keldeo set for more reliable sweeping. Hydro is for DA POWAH.
ChainChomp is still useful for Skarmory, hitting lead Klefkis that use Reflect, and Ferrothorn.

I'll just list them since they're all from different battles:
- Drain Punch Deoxys-D
- Mega Charizard Y using a Mega Charizard X set. Intentionally.
- Mixed Noivern
- Physical Typhlosion

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
I just faced a semi-BP team. They got a lot of boosts: +6 in Def, +1 Atk, +3 SAtk, something in Speed. I was screwed then. They made the final pass to Kyurem-B. On my Sylveon.

Let's just say it didn't end well.

- Drain Punch Deoxys-D
May or may not be stupid, considering the better answers to it are Bisharp and Tyranitar. The others are kinda shit depending on what they use (EQ ZardY ok, U-Turn Noivern ok [but why use it at all]).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)