Ladder Balanced Hackmons

I prefer using Pixilate Xerneas as a revenge killer, but I do see your point. Why make the battle 5-5 when you can make it 6-5? Ty for the critique.

Why does everyone use Bolt Strike?

85% accuracy. That's Stone Miss tier.

At that accuracy the move needs to shine your shoes and make your bed to be viable.

At that accuracy the move needs to shine your shoes and make your bed to be viable.
People use it because this meta is very bulky, as 252 EVs in every stat is allowed. With every Pokemon capable of using the move Recover if desired, the difference between a 2 HKO and a 3 HKO, for example, is huge.

Bolt Strike has 130 BP and a paralysis chance with a rarely resisted offensive typing, making it a good move for Protean MMX. It's also useful on self-walling sets like Poison Heal Landorus-Therian.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also, 85% Accuracy is exactly the same as Will-O-Wisp, and that's a great move in Balanced Hackmons.

Oh, I doubt anybody remembers, but awhile ago I said I was going to post an Illusion Mawile set "tomorrow" and then I never got around to it because I completely forgot, but I've been having so much fun with it lately I can't hold it back for any longer:

Ninja Waifu (Mawile) (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sacred Sword
- Shell Smash
- Extreme Speed/Infestation/Sucker Punch

ED: Added slashes

Last edited:
Oh, I doubt anybody remembers, but awhile ago I said I was going to post an Illusion Mawile set "tomorrow" and then I never got around to it because I completely forgot, but I've been having so much fun with it lately I can't hold it back for any longer:

Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sacred Sword
- Shell Smash

What do you usually Illusion as?

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic

Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sacred Sword
- Shell Smash

Interesting idea to try to abuse pure power, but it doesn't get very good coverage with that set. It's hard walled by aegislash, and can also be countered by skarmory, ho-oh, shedinja (if you're not running infest), cresselia, etc.

gyarados is a similar but more effective pokemon to use:

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Simple
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer/Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Extreme Speed
- Shell Smash/Shift Gear

This set is nearly impossible to counter after imposter is gone. Aside from dedicated counters, like fur coat Chesnaught (lol), the only thing that can really stop it is imposter and prankster ghost types. And Pix Xern.

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys. In gen 5 we all remember Skill Swap, a great move I started adding on my Chans which grew popular. Skill Swap used to fail only on two abilities iirc - Illusion and Multitype, which allowed it to get around lots of pokes behind a sub.

In this replay, we can see a BH throwback team I am playing against with all the classic 'mons. Turn 16 he throws out an Illusion Slaking which then proceeds to Bdrum after I break the illusion. From here, I should've won easily since Illusion is not "Skill Swappable" which was his only option after I killed his Shed leaving nothing to wall the incoming Chansey.

However If you look at Turn 20 where he does the Skill Swap as predicted, instead of it failing it succeeds. What's more, he transfers "Imposter" from the Illusion Slaking I copied. This does not work as I remembered i.e. even now, if you switch Chansey in with Imposter the ability is replaced e.g. sending Chansey in on Magic Guard Ho-Oh also gives it Magic Guard along with Ho-Oh's stats. Skill Swapping such a Chansey would allow you to have Magic Guard not Imposter.

In addition, earlier, I was playing another player who Gastro'd my Chansey's Imposter and then I Skill Swapped and it still went through. I am guessing this is just a workaround with Imposter Skill Swap gone wrong. Is this a bug or has there been a mechanic change with Gen6? If anyone else playing sees this in their battles please confirm if they experienced the same or not.

Thanks

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Hey guys. In gen 5 we all remember Skill Swap, a great move I started adding on my Chans which grew popular. Skill Swap used to fail only on two abilities iirc - Illusion and Multitype, which allowed it to get around lots of pokes behind a sub.

In this replay, we can see a BH throwback team I am playing against with all the classic 'mons. Turn 16 he throws out an Illusion Slaking which then proceeds to Bdrum after I break the illusion. From here, I should've won easily since Illusion is not "Skill Swappable" which was his only option after I killed his Shed leaving nothing to wall the incoming Chansey.

However If you look at Turn 20 where he does the Skill Swap as predicted, instead of it failing it succeeds. What's more, he transfers "Imposter" from the Illusion Slaking I copied. This does not work as I remembered i.e. even now, if you switch Chansey in with Imposter the ability is replaced e.g. sending Chansey in on Magic Guard Ho-Oh also gives it Magic Guard along with Ho-Oh's stats. Skill Swapping such a Chansey would allow you to have Magic Guard not Imposter.

In addition, earlier, I was playing another player who Gastro'd my Chansey's Imposter and then I Skill Swapped and it still went through. I am guessing this is just a workaround with Imposter Skill Swap gone wrong. Is this a bug or has there been a mechanic change with Gen6? If anyone else playing sees this in their battles please confirm if they experienced the same or not.

Thanks
Not a bug. I think.

You don't gain an ability when you imposter an illusion because illusion breaks on damage.

I know for a fact you can skill swap if an illusion is broken.

EDITS:

"Illusion cannot be Traced, copied with Role Play, or replaced with Entrainment or Skill Swap. If a Pokémon other than Zorua or Zoroark obtains this ability with Imposter or Transform, the Pokémon will not copy this ability."
-http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Illusion_(Ability)

There you go. Been like that since gen 5

Last edited:

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hmm that might be referring to sending a Imposter out on an illusioned guy since I'm pretty sure Chans gained Illusion in gen 5. Oh well maybe I'm mis-remembering. Thanks kit

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Hmm that might be referring to sending a Imposter out on an illusioned guy since I'm pretty sure Chans gained Illusion in gen 5. Oh well maybe I'm mis-remembering. Thanks kit
idk I didn't really play very much in gen 5. But I think it did that.

It's not really info that they need, they already have that. Now it's just meta analysis.
Couldn't they at least put up stats and have people write the analysis later? That makes more sense to me than doing it all at once (plus I don't want to fumble around with Serebii and Bulbapedia anymore)

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Couldn't they at least put up stats and have people write the analysis later? That makes more sense to me than doing it all at once (plus I don't want to fumble around with Serebii and Bulbapedia anymore)
In what way is bulbapedia hard to use? Anyways, if you want stats, just use showdown. Type the name of the pokemon in and you get the stats and the movepool.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
By stats, I'm assuming you mean usage percentages. These can be found here. If you scroll down to Other Metagames, you can find Balanced Hackmons. Further down, there's a moveset analysis.

But I'm not sure if this is what you mean by stats, and if it isn't, just use Kit's recommendation.

In what way is bulbapedia hard to use? Anyways, if you want stats, just use showdown. Type the name of the pokemon in and you get the stats and the movepool.
It's not that bulbapedia is hard to use, it's just that Smogon's information is usually front in center so I can just type the name of the 'mon I want to find in my search box and go to that page instead of playing 6 Degrees of Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Thanks
You know it's so much easier to just contact Joim or V4Victini about it rather than making a post in a thread that neither of them likely read...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)