Halp a new Guitarist out

Frienz. Halo. I am looking to get into the world of music and need to get a good electric guitar for a guy who knows basic chords and shizz but does not know which model to buy for a electric guitar which is cheap (around $400) and sounds good at the same time. Honestly it should not be this hard but i can't pick :[

There are a couple of things you should know:

1) I am a lefty so the guitar should be a left handed model (restringing won't work)
2) I'm into rock/metal so i would prefer a guitar which can give those "heavy" sounds
3) I'm a sucker for flying v's
4) The budget limit for the guitar (excluding everything else) is 400$ approx.

Btw i had the JS32L Rhoads in mind as one of my potential picks so your thoughts on that would be cool
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/features/coming-soon/

It would be really cool if you smogon musicians could help me out (if there are any here :/)

On a similar note it would be cool if you could help me pick a decent amp too.

Thnks :]

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
That Jackson guitar you're thinking of getting? Get it. It's great. As far as sounds go that's the single most modifiable thing when it comes to electric guitars so it really is heavily inconsequential. You'd probably end up buying higher quality pick-ups later on anyway. Same goes for amps, it really doesn't matter what you start off with, just find something cheap and fiddle around with it until you get something you like.

P.S. most teachers would get annoyed as balls if you got a V, but it's secretly really great at teaching you proper posture (hook the bottom part of the V under your left leg when you sit and it forces the neck to cock diagonally which is ideal).

Blah blah blah go shred em kid.

Listen to Valkyries he is probably the only person here who does anything besides play Pokeman.

Edit: Except for me, I don't even play Pokeman.

Honestly any guitar willwork if you're just using it to mess around with. I recommend going to pawn shops and looking around there, you can find some good deals on electric guitars there. Unless you have major plans with playing live, or recording yourself, the guitar you get shouldn't matter that much. All you would need to get a heavy sound out of any guitar is a nice pedal, and you can find those pretty cheap on CraigsList if you look. I'm personally saving up for a Fender Jaguar, I just love the trebly tone it gives. On the note of amps, just find the cheapest practice amp you can (probably like 25Watts). Only go for a bigger more powerful amp if you have plans on being in a band or recording yourself or something along those lines in the future. Good luck!

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
I have a gibson v myself and it's pretty much the best guitar I ever touched. For the price you asked, I think you can find an epiphone v in good conditions. You will lose some quality, but for enthusiasts is good enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)