Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
is jolly or adamant better for a swellow, im making one and am curious
Jolly Nature is usually preferred because if you're using him in conjunction with Flame / Toxic Orb & Guts, he already has enough offensive firepower, so there is not really a need for an Adamant Nature.

Aloha everybody!
I'm trying to make a physical Sylveon (you know, speed atack, curse, etc... moovepol can be always changed)
Which nature and EV's would you guys run o him? I know he's maybe not the most viable choice, so feel free to talk about his viability, as long as you answer my question.
Thanks!

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Aloha everybody!
I'm trying to make a physical Sylveon (you know, speed atack, curse, etc... moovepol can be always changed)
Which nature and EV's would you guys run o him? I know he's maybe not the most viable choice, so feel free to talk about his viability, as long as you answer my question.
Thanks!
...Don't use physical Sylveon, that is all. It has an absolutely shitty physical movepool, but I guess Pixilate Return or Body Slam works.

Aloha everybody!
Thanks!
Sylveon @ power herb
Pixelate
Adamant
252 HP / 252 Att / 4 Def

Return
Dig
Curse
Quick Attack

+1 252+ Atk Sylveon (no move) vs 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran 348-412 (90.1-106.7%) -- Guaranteed OHKO after stealth rock

New Meta Game Changer! Honestly, don't use physical Sylveon, it blows.

Aloha everybody!
Thanks!
...Don't use physical Sylveon, that is all. It has an absolutely shitty physical movepool, but I guess Pixilate Return or Body Slam works.
Sylveon's physical movepool isn't the issue. Pixilate Return is good enough for me; Quick Attack and Return are enough for Mega Pinsir to be a serious threat, and Fairy is a fantastic offensive type.

The issue is that 65 base attack. *shudder*

52 Speed Evs on Mandibuzz.
What common pokemon does it help outspeed with a defensive nature besides defensive rotom sets?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
52 Speed Evs on Mandibuzz.
What common pokemon does it help outspeed with a defensive nature besides defensive rotom sets?
none really, there is nothing between 80 and 86 base speed that doesn't commonly runs full speed investment outside of defensive gyarados.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What's the stat spread for Bulk Up Talomflame? I can't seem to find it.
248 HP / 8 Atk / 28 Def / 224 SpD Careful

Can switch into ZardY and stuff that cant hurt it for much, if you know what I mean. A friend of mine used that, and it set-up against Volt Switch (non-offensive) Zapdos. Moveset is Flare Blitz/BB/Roost/BU.

if you want to run sp def evs you might as well go sassy with full sp def evs. Go one way or the other. It's not really the best to go by halfsies.
The better option depend on what its teammates are

I'm starting a first-time playthrough in Gen 6. Is there anything I should be aware of "missing," or any one-time gift Pokemon that people soft-reset or RNG for (if that's possible in Gen 6)?

EDIT: Okay, thanks for the advice!

Last edited:
After some hours of breeding I got a Sassy Ferroseed with 31/31/31/x/31/0 and the Egg Moves Stealth Rock and Leech Seed. Now my question: How to play this guy? ^^
I think the Set is still like: Gyro Ball, Leech Seed, Stealth Rocks, Protect or sth like that. And what EV-Spread?

aVocado

@ Everstone
After some hours of breeding I got a Sassy Ferroseed with 31/31/31/x/31/0 and the Egg Moves Stealth Rock and Leech Seed. Now my question: How to play this guy? ^^
I think the Set is still like: Gyro Ball, Leech Seed, Stealth Rocks, Protect or sth like that. And what EV-Spread?
Well with Sassy I guess 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def would be ideal, but Ferro is generally better as a physically defensive Pokemon.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I'm starting a first-time playthrough in Gen 6. Is there anything I should be aware of "missing," or any one-time gift Pokemon that people soft-reset or RNG for (if that's possible in Gen 6)?
legendaries are the only thing. Everything else you can breed for

All wild legendaries and baby pokemon come with a guaranteed 3 perfect IVs, if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)