Google Maps Pokehunt

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As many of you know, Google Maps has launched a special Pokehunt for April Fool's Day. As far as I know, this only works for the mobile versions of the app (Android and iOS) but not the browser version of Google Maps. Unfortunately, this lasts only through April 2 as much as I wish this were around forever.

There are 150 Pokemon to hunt, but this doesn't necessarily reflect the original 150 Pokemon - all six generations are represented.

How far are you guys and what interesting Pokemon have you found in landmarks? I found 30 Pokemon so far. I got Pikachu at Tokyo Tower, Glaceon atop Mt. Everest, Hydreigon at the Louvre, Chatot at the Sydney Opera House, Meganium at the White House, Pumpkaboo at the Great Pyramid of Giza, and Buneary at Liberty Island (not Victini!?).

I totally didn't make this thread to try and gather tips from people too.

Last edited:
I found around 50 and now I can't stop

we can this smogon

some random/obscure ones I found: TTar at pompei; cubchoo at bryggen, norway; aromatisse at santiago de compostela; something at harvard (i think another dedenne); something at monaco; something at stonehenge iirc; a couple things at central park

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I had no idea this was an actual thing...I thought it was just the video made for fun. Definitely going to play this if it works on my iPod. It really sucks that it's only for one more day...oh well, who needs school anyway?

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
Japan has the most stuff I believe. Try the nintendo HQ, rainbow bridge, northernmost part etc.

also try CERN on switzerland it has plenty of mons, it's almost creepy.
Overall almost all famous places got one: pyramids, stonehenge, eiffel tower, area 51, oxford uni, mount everest, statue of liberty, big ben, apple inc, machu pichu, bordeuax etc etc

Found Snorlax in the Vatican and Sudowoodo near Uluru
EDIT: Hydreigon in the Louvre, Miltank at the Arc de Triomphe, metagross at Buckingham Palace, Staraptor on the Golden Gate Bridge, Munchlax at the Empire State, Sylveon and Serperior in Central Park, Pumpkaboo and Jolteon in Red Square, and Porygon on Copacabana beach. I'll post more as I find them

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I have heard that Bulbasaur and Dragonite are hanging around Google's HQ in America, which is located on the Map as a Pokemon Centre. My friend also found Joltik around there.

Stellar found Miltank at the Arc De Triomphe and Helioptile near the Eiffel Tower. MikeAU also found Snorlax at the Vatican.

Unfortunately I do not have a device which is compatible with this event :( But Good luck to those who do! :)

Sydney Opera House and surrounds yielded several for me, including Tyranitar and Gengar. Also, Uluru has a lonely Sudowoodo

edit: the Taj Mahal, Victoria Falls, Machu Pichu, the pyramids at Giza, and Angkor all have some

Last edited:
I have 68 pokemon so far, and have found that the most pokemon are found near pokemon labs. The ones I know of are near Google's HQ in San Francisco, CA, Roppongi Hills in Japan, CERN in Switzerland, and Sydney Observatory. Also, obviously there are pokemon at most famous places. I've yet to find pokemon in any "famous" ocean spots (such as the Great Barrier Reef, Marianas Trench, etc) but I assume there are some out there.

Edit: There's another pokemon lab at the "Charles Darwin Research Station" in Galapagos, Ecuador.

Last edited:
Found all 150! I couldn't seem to find Mew, and I gave up a while ago. I wasted 3 hours of my day on this … darn you google! (jk this was an awesome April Fools!)

Finally got mine! URGH. One of the newest locations that were only confirmed not too long ago. Google destroyed 2 nights worth of my life with this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)