2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, Pep lined up wrong, especially in the central midfield area. There was no real creativity and flair in midfield needed to score against teams parking the bus. Schweinsteiger might have scored but he looks uncomfortable in the style of play that Guardiola wants to implement.

Credit to Man Utd though. They had to resort to parking the bus at home and they could easily have won if Welbeck didn't waste his chance and if the referee didn't stop play in Welbeck wrongly disallowed goal. Terrible marking from Fellaini for the Bayern goal and Mandzukic knocked it down with not enough pressure on him.

Everyone thinks this is a good result for Man utd because we expected a thrashing but the truth is that Bayern got a draw and an away goal which is pretty decent.

Bayern will take them seriously this time at the Allianz arena. They looked waaay to complacent and thought they will win just by showing up.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
1:1 is a good result. We really missed thiago today, but we should be able to reach semis, even though it won't be easy

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Bayern were too complacent. They'd have scored more than just one goal if Mandzukic had started from the beginning.

Fellaini shouldn't be allowed play soccer. Terrible marking and he can't score a header for the life of him (jump, man!) barca played pretty poor but athletico don't really have an advantage because realisticly it isn't gonna be a nil all match. Bayern should win handy in the allianz

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Seems like he forgot last years semis :)

I won't go into further details, but as I said, we can have a proper discussion about the bundesliga if you guys want that.

pretty even better Psg and Chelsea so far.
Oscar is Chelsea most important player for the remainder of the match.
Stopping Verratti and Motta from dictating the tempo is going to be key.

I feel bad for Dortmund.
Unlike Bayern yesterday Madrid are trying to end the tie in the first leg whereas Pep was uber cautious against United.

HBK

2-1 wouldn't have been that bad and I can't believe that Cech could concede a goal like that. Why the fuck did Mourinho bring Torres on? He did jack shit and whenever he plays, it's as if we're playing with 10 players. Why not Ba?

Same situation as it was against Napoli in 2012 except for the fact that we have a better midfield but no good striker. The second leg will probably end in a 0-0, 1-0 or a scoring draw.

Saw Dortmund getting knocked out by Madrid from a mile away.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
Dortmund was just as "good" as expected

And Pep is not known for deciding ties in the first leg. Barca even lost the first leg in Stuttgart once lol

The best part of this game was seeing Ramires vs Matuidi. Ramires was so bad and was lucky to stay on the pitch.

Thiago Motta was so good though. Controlling the midfield with ease. Something Chelsea needs badly.

The goals conceded were poor. Terry assisted Lavezzi and the luiz fouled Matuidi for no reason leading to the own goal from luiz.

HBK

Mourinho said that he's here for the long term which means that Abramovich has finally decided to stick with one manager for a sustained period of time and has recognized it as the only way to make the club successful beyond the short term. Or he doesn't expect to end the season trophy less and will be sacked if he does so. Only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)