League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

I play League but I'm B2 on tilt from silver promos so I'm pretty much shit and this game is demoralizing as hell to play seriously at all atm. Might play a few games of U.R.F. though sounds fun.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have yet to lose an URF with Wukong, the plays with unlimited W are amazing plus ult on 18 sec CD at rank 3. Between Q and Black Cleaver, virtually no one can tank him and you can 1v1 almost every squishy (with the exception of Zed so fuck him). This is all at the cost of the most agonizing lv1 you will ever play.

rito pls keep forever

EDIT; Ok, I lost one but that was due to random hardware failure...

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Y'know when I saw the video for this it seemed like self-parody bullshit.

But now playing it, I realize that everything they said was absolutely true.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Oh my God J4 and Cho' are nuts.

Cho - 12 second Feast and 3 second Rupture / Feral Scream.
J4 - 2 second EQ - you can have 3 flags (sadly no armor / as stack :(...).

wukong stuff
this except level 1 Qs are painful for a melee opponent (or a jungle monster). URF wukong the last remnant of permastealth with a rank 5 W and he doesn't even have a fade time

singed is probably one of the more fun champs to use on this mode. just leave your q on and go crazy at lvl 1
sounds like normal singed fare to me!

been playing 5 mans in this mode between smogmans and twitterers for 12 hours and counting. x.x worth nothing that swain's ultimate is completely costless in this mode. there's a ton of other gross shit to be found but it would be much funner to show you *cackles maniacally*

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
List of champs that I've played so far and thoughts:

Riven: Never not moving but unfortunately you can't utilize her passive because her cooldowns are so low. Since you don't auto attack as much because you keep moving, you can't make use of lifesteal from BT/Hydra (they still provide tons of AP). I tried Gunblade, doesn't work too well because all her abilities are AOE so I guess stacking AD is still probably the best?
Morde: Still has health costs, short range mage and popularity of casters makes Morde ghosts not as useful (people don't play as many ADCs). Still can 100-0 someone because everyone builds pure damage so Flashing out of a brush and killing someone is hilarious.
Twisted Fate: 1.2 second cooldowns are fun. Hard to find time to port because the opposing laner can shove really fast also. Once laning phase ends he gets more power because of his short cd. Splitpushes even more because don't have to worry about Lich Bane cd.
Ziggs: Dumb champ, capable of 1v2ing, 30 mines out on field, 1 second Q, <30 sec ult so you can ult every wave.
Shen: Augmented a ton because he has no energy problems, W has >100% uptime, Q comes up every second or so, Taunt basic attack buff lasts longer than actual CD for the dash, Flash being on lower CD makes E + Flash really fun to spam, no pushing problems because Q is so short CD.
Alistar: OP AS ALL FUCK PICK OR BAN
Malphite: My friend didn't ban Ali and my laning partner was Yorick so you can probably guess how this went. Should play Alistar instead if you're going AP. Tank Malph might work because of >100% uptime debuffs.
Pantheon: Really strong early but never have time to ult because TP is so good so you're effectively playing with 3 abilities.

Also RIP Revive but I always used Flash (Revive just helps you feed the opposing laners more yee)

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I'm really confused why anything is restricted in this game mode... would ryze be ludicrous? Yea, but so are half the other champs. Should just be straight fair imo, trying to balance is retarded

nami is unbelievably fun to play in URF. throwing bubbles every 2.5 seconds is so much fun. perma slow on autos is pretty sweet too. ive managed to win almost every 1v1 lane with her so far. (with an exception of hecarim but fuck him)

I'm really confused why anything is restricted in this game mode... would ryze be ludicrous? Yea, but so are half the other champs. Should just be straight fair imo, trying to balance is retarded
It's more like "wtf am I gonna do with these mana scalings."

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
this except level 1 Qs are painful for a melee opponent (or a jungle monster). URF wukong the last remnant of permastealth with a rank 5 W and he doesn't even have a fade time
I prefer starting E since I rarely have the luxury of facing purely melee lane opponents especially in URF, in fact I had a game where we were ridiculously zoned by Cass and Ez and I eventually ditched the lane to go farm somewhere else once I got my Brutalizer. E also helps with early game aggression. After I get E and W first, I do max Q first. Something I forgot to mention is towers die so fast with Q spam rofl, he is so great for backdooring and quite a few times I killed the tower before the enemy could tele in.

Also Wukong vs Vel'Koz URF lane is literally the most fun I've ever had playing this game, played it three times.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Some thoughts on characters I have played. You can theorycraft with many champs and they seem pretty broken in one aspect, but end up falling way short in another.

Garbage Tier
Singed
Yes, I know that permanent R mode sounds cool and all. But his primary source of damage, poison, does not increase at all in this game mode. But the biggest offender is that Singed can't outrun anyone anymore. A champ with any dash is now speedy gonzales (an overrated trait in URF I believe, but it makes Singed shit in comparison).

Low Tier
Lux
Here again the shining light is the ultimate, a now beautiful 10 seconds. Unfortunately, Lux otherwise gains very little from this mode. Lux is a calm, tactical character. She just can't function under this level of crazy, and forget using her passive outside of a duel.

Mid Tier
Leona
This was the first character I played, so I couldn't know going in what her shortcoming would be. Every character has 25% tenacity, so not only is she not a perfect lockdown, she can't even combo her R with Q well anymore, especially when you consider all the people who are going to be blinking out of every lock. Stil, she has perma-W and offers about as much to a team fight as always, it's just not a tank friendly meta.

High Tier
Hecarim
I hear some people would say this character would be higher, and I think he's really damn good but there's surprisingly more broken characters. Not much needs to be said about Hecacopter, he is a rare good MS character in that he can Perma-E and it stacks. Any character that already had a low cooldown ability is bound to be good, and Hec does not disappoint.

Graves
I feel like Graves is everything that people think Ezreal is right now. Sure his dash isn't as good, but his Q is much more suited to this kind of game mode and his R is pretty sweet too. Between a 3 second dash, a redonc poke, and all the buffs that ranged carries got, Graves is very much a character that win with any amount of early kills.

LeBlanc
Like I said, she is overrated. I might be overrating her myself by putting her in High tier. There are just many things that make her awkward. The most of which being how the cooldown on your W will get lower than its own subcast. LeBlanc can solo very well early, and if you get fed your team has a strong chance of winning. But I feel there are better champs who can win for their team even without lots of early kills.

Sion
As usual, people are going to come to Sion for one thing and it's going to backfire. That would be his shield. Even though the cooldown is 2 seconds, you still have to wait all 4 seconds to blow it up. That feels like an eternity in this mode. So why the high tier? Simply because of his Q. Not only is it one of the premier lockdown tools of this mode, it also hits like a ton bricks. And even though you can't rely on your shield exploding, you can put it up almost immediately after an opponent breaks it. Even his E and R have late game significance in a mode with a ton of backdooring, not to mention that his R is up permanently.

God Tier
Sona
Allow me to play you the song of my people... QWQEWQEQWEQWEQWEQWEWQEQWEQWEQWEWQEWQEWQEQEWQEQWEQWEQWEQWEWEQWEQWEWQEQWEQWEWQEWEQWEWQEWEQWEQWEQWEWEWQEWEWQEWQEWQEQWEQWEQWEQWEQWEQWEQWEQWEQWEQWEWEWQEWQEWEQEWQE
RIP in peace

Soraka
Just... tear to my eyes beautiful. As a longtime (and sometime offensive) Soraka player, going 30/5 was just glorious. Her Q is already way stronger than Hecarims, but when you add in constant heals and the ability to neuter other purported "god tier" characters (here's looking at you LeBlanc, Urgot), Soraka may be the best this game mode has to offer.

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
Leblanc is the best pick in this tier-Soraka simply can't roam the way she can or run down literally anyone. Not to mention if Leblanc gets the drop on her she can one-shot Soraka quite easily.

As for the other top-tier picks (Alistar, Sona, Urgot...) all of them get destroyed by Leblanc in solo settings, and I've not played a single game where a team has grouped consistently.

The only champion in the game that is remotely capable of outplaying Leblanc is Kayle (or perhaps Nidalee...). However, again, neither of these champions can stop their teammates from getting picked off one by one. Leblanc needs only Homeguard boots and she can kill a lane at will every 40 seconds, as there are an abundance of champions that simply can't do anything against her (Zed, Orianna, Sona, etc.).

Currently 6-0 in this mode-I think people should more or less ignore CS in this mode and just worry about roaming, getting kills, and taking towers. The reality is that in such a high-risk, high-reward format, there is no possible way you can get ahead by winning your lane in the traditional sense.

Add to all this that Leblanc has decent waveclear in this mode, and she is undoubtably the top pick in my opinion.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Some thoughts on characters I have played. You can theorycraft with many champs and they seem pretty broken in one aspect, but end up falling way short in another.

Garbage Tier
Singed
Yes, I know that permanent R mode sounds cool and all. But his primary source of damage, poison, does not increase at all in this game mode. But the biggest offender is that Singed can't outrun anyone anymore. A champ with any dash is now speedy gonzales (an overrated trait in URF I believe, but it makes Singed shit in comparison).
YEA WELL I THOUGHT IT WAS FUN

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Leblanc is the best pick in this tier-Soraka simply can't roam the way she can or run down literally anyone. Not to mention if Leblanc gets the drop on her she can one-shot Soraka quite easily.
No way, LeBlanc is crushed by Soraka. Even her passive can't save her at all. Soraka has more range on her silence for starters, and even LeBlanc's raw power is trivialized by the raw healing Soraka puts out. Soraka doesn't need to chase people down when she can 1v5 them, which is extra impressive in this game mode. I think LeBlanc and Ez are a tad overrated (but still great).

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Alistar is beast mode as well in my opinion. Toss him up there with the god-tier. The cow's knockups and knockbacks makes him an awesome counter to Hecarim.

Galio is just as op as I thought he would be on this mode. Infinite W means he get's free sustain whenever he or an ally takes damage + free stats (and the bonus mr means more damage!!). I think he's much much stronger in this mode but he isn't anywhere near Hecarim-tier.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)