Bummer's Art Shack

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Drew my first fakemon since Arceus knows when, so I figured I could go all the way and give it full info. Also gonna page local frog expert macle if he wants to make an additional analysis.

Name: Rastafroggy (taking suggestions)
Type: Water / Grass
Abilities: Poison Heal / Poison Touch / Regenerator
Stats: 104 / 65 / 58 / 102 / 135 / 39
Info: Its body is covered with toxic slime. Since it's not entirely immune to its own poison, it always moves around in slow, sluggish motions. Various water plants are covering its body, and their appearance can vary from one region to another. It rarely causes any conflicts, and is revered as a peace-loving creature.
Level-Up Moves:
- Psych Up
- Amnesia
- Lick
- Yawn
- Absorb
5 Water Gun
8 Bounce
13 Echoed Voice
18 Mega Drain
22 Water Pulse
26 Aromatherapy
31 Calm Mind
35 Camoflague
41 Giga Drain
46 Hydro Pump
51 Zen Headbutt
Notable TMs:
Ice Beam
Hidden Power
Scald
Rain Dance
Trick Room
Toxic
Energy Ball
Grass Knot
Surf
U-turn
Egg Moves:
Muddy Water
Helping Hand
Wonder Room
Switcheroo
Natural Gift
Stun Spore
Synthesis

And a quick base stage to complete it all.

Name: Afrog

This is a perfect incarnation of Layell. Bless you.
Good thing I revamped that avatar some time ago, then. Thanks!

Last edited:
Afrog somehow reminds me of Sgt. Frog's first ending song, Afro Sergeant. Anime references aside, I really like how your art style resembles Western cartoons and comics more than the usual anime.

Last edited:
Bummer your comic is effing legendary status and I didn't even know it was you!

Hit me via PM sometime. I have a fun project for you if you've got the time.

PS it's for Doubles :D

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Threw together a banner for US West yesterday (and by threw together I mean spend about 5 hours googling muscular men references)

You made the front page of imgur (and presumably some subreddit) today. :)

http://imgur.com/gallery/V8POe9A
Super old reply, but yeah, that happens from time to time. I still like that strip, otherwise I just tend to feel embarrassed when my old work is on display.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Realised I haven't posted here since ..... well it's been a while. Time to summarize some stuff

Smog 33

Got some rest this issue, Sephirona took care of most articles, heh. :V

Smog 34

Vacation's over, time to get back into the fray.

Smog 35

Continuing the trend.

Smog 36

The one that released this week!

brb gonna collapse in the corner

Last edited:

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'll never understand how you manage to crank out so many pieces per issue, all while maintaining the same incredible standard of quality and creativity every time. Great job Bummer, I always love seeing your work :)

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I love your colouring and jokes a lot!
What a lovely combo!

Please do continue to do more comics~
Both my boyfriend and I are great fans of your comics.

fx

moon tourism
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The thing I love most about your art is that it's so loose in style and yet it displays the idea of your art perfectly!
Not to mention, it ties in well with your fluid coloring and shading.
Wonderful artwork as always, can't wait to see more :]

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Please do continue to do more comics~
Both my boyfriend and I are great fans of your comics.
Thank you! The comic has been discontinued some time back, but it's still nice to hear people appreciating my old stuff.

In other news, I've been working on some fakemons, started out as sketches which then lead to fully colored versions with backgrounds and info. Some are based on older creations (two families can be seen above), others are new. Suggestions on names and apperances are welcome, if inspiration strikes you. Octopirate draw heavy inspiration from CAP's Arghonaut, and Jawful was inspired from paintseagull 's latest CAP submission (that one was Poison / Electric).

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Crabs:
Stage 1: Bubboil (bubble + boil)
Stage 2: Cansear (Cancer + sear)
:heart:

Octopus:
Stage 1: Cuttlad (cuttlefish/cutlass + lad)

Shark:
Stage 1: Crookid (crook [hook/scoundrel] + kid, also pun on crooked teeth)

Last edited by a moderator:
These are all so neat. That Chatot picture took me a second... but I see what you did there. D:<

A Rotom with association towards music is a great Rotom, and I'm resisting the temptation to call this one "Rodio".

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Love the "RU" built in the background there; that's a pretty clever way to make use of the background space. I'm also fond of the composition on the Victim of the Week banner, with all the mons surrounding the text in darkness. Makes them look sufficiently intimidating; kudos, sir.

Might I ask how you go about approaching some of these projects from the start? Whenever I'm starting on a logo/banner/etc, I usually have to freewrite about it to come up with a decent composition, do sketches to figure out how to draw everything in the image, and then do a final drawing by hand and reconstruct it digitally, a process which often takes roughly... 15 to 20 hours or so total? And I feel like there are more efficient ways to go about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)