Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Well, if anyone is interested, here it is:
198.15.115.122:25858
The server's economy is currently down because there's some plugin issues. There's also a little quiz they force you to take for whatever reason because it's about the rules. Generally don't be an idiot and you don't even need to look at the rules to pass. Other than that, if there's more questions just ask in the server.
just postin to say that ive been enjoying my short visits on that server. thanks for sharing! :)

Well, if anyone is interested, here it is:
198.15.115.122:25858
The server's economy is currently down because there's some plugin issues. There's also a little quiz they force you to take for whatever reason because it's about the rules. Generally don't be an idiot and you don't even need to look at the rules to pass. Other than that, if there's more questions just ask in the server.
played on this server but there are so many restrictions thats its to much of a bother to play on. Also its pretty fun and people are nice but it aint no smogon server.

Minecraft to me looks like a Lego sets digitalized and looks like the worlds most boring game. And reading some of these post, my assumptions seem very correct.

What was the point in this post? To be a publicize your idiocy??
Idiot for not liking Minecraft? I came here to get a better understanding of the game and gave it a chance. From reading threads, I now stick with my presumptions. Pls try to be more intelligent and learn the definitions of words before you use them.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Idiot for not liking Minecraft? I came here to get a better understanding of the game and gave it a chance. From reading threads, I now stick with my presumptions. Pls try to be more intelligent and learn the definitions of words before you use them.
You're an idiot because you based your entire opinion of the game based on its graphics, and nonexistent posts. Pretty much everyone in this thread knows the depth Mincraft can and does have. Comparing it to legos, and then using our posts as reasoning, is pretty dumb.

If you want to give the game a chance, look up some of Sethbling's minigames. FVDisco as well. Check out the Mindcrack Ultra Hardcore series. Watch some of the Yogscast's Shadow Of Israphel series. Check out the Technicpack and Feed The Beast mods. Any (and all) of this, if given enough of a chance, should show you that Minecraft is not digitilized legos.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Idiot or not, the point of the two users is that it's very frowned upon to post in a thread to criticize it. If there's nothing constructive to add, it's better not to post at all than to attracted unwanted attention etc. Bashing the focus of threads (a well discussed thread at the least?) is a no-no everywhere :0 You basically stepped on the toes of a couple minecraft fans which you could have avoided >_>! That's all I wanted to say~ Just keep in mind in future lol :p

e: I was @ the thread rather than whether minecraft is good or not etc. What I'm driving at is no one should just go into a thread and bash w/e it's about. Like if it's LoL thread, complaining about the game in the thread does no good. There are other places to criticize games. This is not one of them. A thread like this is just meant for people to play together and share their experiences, not enter and say this game is bad etc and leave. A more appropriate thread to criticize them would be game ranking threads or something similar. Don't really know if there is such a thread though.

Last edited:
Idiot or not, the point of the two users is that it's very frowned upon to post in a thread to criticize it. If there's nothing constructive to add, it's better not to post at all than to attracted unwanted attention etc. Bashing the focus of threads (a well discussed thread at the least?) is a no-no everywhere :0 You basically stepped on the toes of a couple minecraft fans which you could have avoided >_>! That's all I wanted to say~ Just keep in mind in future lol :p
The most played game in the world, League of Legends, is constantly flooded with criticisms and suggestions by the players, but it's still a really, really good game and the people suggesting and criticizing probably play the most out of anyone.

The talk in the thread right now is about servers, because we used to have a Smogon server before it went down, and single player isn't as fun as multiplayer.

You're an idiot because you based your entire opinion of the game based on its graphics, and nonexistent posts. Pretty much everyone in this thread knows the depth Mincraft can and does have. Comparing it to legos, and then using our posts as reasoning, is pretty dumb.

If you want to give the game a chance, look up some of Sethbling's minigames. FVDisco as well. Check out the Mindcrack Ultra Hardcore series. Watch some of the Yogscast's Shadow Of Israphel series. Check out the Technicpack and Feed The Beast mods. Any (and all) of this, if given enough of a chance, should show you that Minecraft is not digitilized legos.
Will do, even tho not very appreciative of the first part of this post. Thanks for the sources.

Alice

The worst taste in music
Amusingly enough I just found out today there's a minecraft Lego series, which looks kinda cool :P

i am on a server thats only plugins are towny and a few others. it now has a world limit but its pretty big. There are teleports to any location and people so thats kind of a downish. Pretty small community , not the trustworthiest-ish (no one has ever stolen anything from me and i dont think anyone ever does steal. Admin is pretty chill. PM or message me on this forum if your interested

Gosh darn it I miss all you guys... As fun as Minecraft is, it really is a multiplayer game at its core.

Other than that sentiment, I've been playing around with different modpacks. Big Dig on tekkit is one that a friend and I have come to love. It combines a bunch of mods, obviously, on of which is ComputerCraft. My friend is a master at that and I suck at programming anything, but it's a fun one if you're programming-savvy. This mod also has much bigger veins of resources than in vanilla, hence why it's called "Big Dig". Quite a fun one I'd recommend to all of ya!

rip SmogCraft......

Minecraft to me looks like a Lego sets digitalized and looks like the worlds most boring game. And reading some of these post, my assumptions seem very correct.
Lego is boring! Someone had no childhood, seriously, the Lego movie makes Lego look awful and unfun. Is there a Lego thread?

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys,

I haven't played any multiplayer Minecraft since the last Smogcraft because my University internet connection had a firewall that blocked access to Minecraft servers. However, I'm no longer at the mercy of that particular firewall any more and I'd like to get back into playing Minecraft regularly on a server. The only time I'm really invested in Minecraft has been when I'm playing on Smogcraft, but hosts come and go and we lose all our hard work.

I'm planning to buy a realms server within the next week and I'd be happy to make it the official Smogcraft (4.0) server. I'm just trying to gauge how many Smogoners are still around and would be interested in playing a vanilla Smogcraft server with standard Smogcraft rules:
  • Only /Spawn and /Home commands
  • Don't be a dick
  • Hardest survival difficulty
  • Don't be a dick
So post your interest here or like this post or whatever and let's see if we can get something rolling.

I would definitely be interested and I can help with anything you need me to, I'm not very good with the technicalities of servers but I can help organize things for the server if you'd like.

damn. I do think its kind of stupid that an add-on is nearly as much as the game itself. But then again, the shop on my street sells grips for twice the price of pencils. Logic.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As far as I'm aware only the host needs to pay any sort of subscription. I can't find anything online that says that players invited to a realm have to pay anything. Not sure where you're getting that information but if it's true then link me to it and I'll have a read.

There does seem to be a problem in that only players in "Realm activated" countries can play on Realms. So until Realms is released in the US only european Smogon members would have access to the server. There is probably a lot of ways around this though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)