XY Ubers BeNNs

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME

(I'm aware most of you won't like this music I listen to but I wanted to display the music I'm interested in with the names of the mons named after songs by BeNNs, whos a sick DnB artist)
#JUMPUP

'ELLO MY NAME IS PROBLEMS AND I'M BRITISH. So ya, I've got a team I used for you guys which I made (No not Donkey, even thought he helped me with it) and used in SPL in the semi finals vs Blimlax (Which i lost because i cant win 1 50/50 out of 8 turns). The team itself is very solid and since then I've played with it abit on the ladder and started getting good scores with it 20 games undefeated on showdown, 1700 on po w/e, my point is I'm done using it now as I feel like I've kinda run it into the ground so I thought I'd share it with you guys as the RMT's which have been posted as of recent in XY Ubers haven't really been too good/serious (Bar Donkeys).

The thought process going into the team was I wanted a 'different' way of checking Xerneas and a way too counter offence so I was looking at fast mons and ways to come across it and I came up with the idea of abusing sand as I've not seen it very much at all this generation as its pretty much weatherless for now. Another important part to this team you guys need to understand is a 'trap-turning' core (Uturn Yveltal and Mega Gar) with a fire move Arceus Normal is fucking borked and I don't know why its not abused as much as it should be. Also please note that this isn't the tournament version of the team I used, this is the ladder version as I don't want to give away my real evs hence why I couldn't be fucked to add lower attack evs on the special attackers as no-one uses swag play.​
__________​

Anyway ya, so lets get to the squad;

Order Of Chaos (Tyranitar) (F) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 156 SDef / 8 Spd
Careful Nature
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit​

Right, so we've got the pretty much standard evs which were used for a typical Tyranitar last gen but I feel it still fits fine for right now. Obviously I needed Sand Stream so I decided to go with Ttar over Hippo due to just generally having special defensive bulk, ability to switch into Ho-oh, scaring out Mega Gengars and pursuiting them (which should be a KO after rocks) and ability to wall things like random arceus forms like Dark. I'm using Smooth Rock over something like Lum or Chopple due to the fact Tyranitars probs the most 'dead weight mon on this team at the moment so having 8 full turns of sand over 5 is alot better as I'll normally sack this thing to sleep or use it as a sack for pivort when I know I don't need it and I want sand up. Also acts as a nice way to break sashes turn 1.

EVS: Standard

Roar - I use this as the last space filler as Tyranitar can be set up fodder for alot of mons and loads of things can get subs up on it so simply just roar them out, also nice if people think they can geomnancy on Tyranitar with Xerneas.

Stealth Rock - I don't need to explain this to you guys.

Crunch - To limit hazards from HO leads like Deox-S and stab.

Pursuit - I only use this really to trap Mega Gar when I need to and to get off small damage on the things switching out which cant touch Tyranitar.

Canoe (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance​

So as I said the teams built around this mon being the Xerneas check, also acts as a deadly late game sweeper as the majority of the ground resist flying mons are pretty bad this generation so its hard to wall this thing late game, you can change this set to jolly if you're worried about people using a more speedy Geomancy Xerneas but not really much reason. Excadrill brings a nice electric switch in so it can come in a few times vs Zekroms and threaten out, also its ability to spin is very nice for this team as it doesn't really appreciate hazard stack.

EVS: Max Max.

Earthquake - Powerful stab and easy move to spam, the EQ's coming from this are so strong.

Rapid Spin - As I mentioned being able to get rid of hazards is nice for this team.

Iron Head - 2nd Stab and king of wreckin' the pesky fairy types which are around and obviously to hit things in the air etc.

Swords Dance - When the sands up for a few more turns and you got +2 with this thing its pretty much G_G, I mean why not when you get quite a few opportunities to boost with this thing.

Gods Prototype (Gengar) (M) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb​

Right now we have the 2nd part I thought of going into the team we have the broken as fuck mon Mega Gar for you here ladies and gentleman. So, as I mentioned earlier the trap turn core I have (Abusing U-turn on Yvental into this) works so well as most things that wall and switch into yveltal (not very many things at all) are just straight up trapped and killed by this thing like Blobs, Xerneas and other fairy types. Also acts as a nice Arceus form check when you've mega evolved to trade mons 1 vs 1. Please not this aswell its worth putting Icy Wind on this sat as you can trap lando-t's (max hp veriants) and straight up kill them so your opponents Excadrill checks/coutners are gone. This forms a great back bone for the team taking away things which threaten mons sweeping. Ban it please.

EVS: Max Max.

Taunt - Helps me stop things from spamming moves which might cripple this thing like twave (Hi Edgar) and if needed i can sack this thing by taunting a status mon which would prevent Arceus or Excadrill from settting up and sweeping, also means I can beast Blissy 1 vs 1.

Destiny Bond - Standard for Mega Gengar now as its so fucking usefull, being able to trade this for other mons when having the ability to trap is so nice. As I mentioned earlier its KEY to evolve Gengar as early as you can in the games you play as the extra speed you have helps you check things like Arceus.

Focus Blast - I'm using Focus blast over Shadow Ball because I simply don't think Mega Gengar needs it as its not really hitting anything that sludge doesn't bar the ghosts which I have Yveltal for anyway. Also nice to kill Arceus Normal below 75% with focus blast, also nice to be able to trap the majority of steels and do hefty damage.

Sludge Bomb - Stab I use for Mega Gengar does big damage, I use this over wave as I like having the 30% chance in getting the poison is a nice add on effect, hits alot of things hard and allows me to trap and kill the fairy types which wall Yveltal.

Freak (Yveltal) @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 68 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 184 Spd
Mild Nature
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch​

We have the tru nigga itself Yveltal which is such a deadly pokemon in XY its such a pain to play vs as so little things actually switch into it and yeh the Trap-Turn core is op this is my dedicated levitate for this team also. Its also my main Mewtwo switch in, bar for the Mewtwo-X's which have been popping around as of late (Which I'll talk about later). I use blackglasses over something like Life Orb as its nice to always preserve health with this thing as its always switch in and out, also it comes in handy when I feel like bluffing a choiced item and top power up the Dark moves.

EVS: I've made it Mild to maximise the power of the Special Moves and at the same time have my attack not lowerd as Yveltal doesn't really need defense ev's as its not taking Physical hits that well anyway in ubers. I've speed crept this thing to beat the base 90 speeds and dumped the left over evs in attack.

U-Turn - To get momentum and scouting

Dark Pulse - Strong stab powered up with base 131 special attack with the Dark Aura

Oblivion Wing - 2nd stab and a great way to regain health for this thing as it still does a ton of damage to things switching in

Sucker Punch - Pretty standard on Yveltal as its so useful having a power base 131 attack Dark boosting priority move, also as with U-Turn you can bluff choiced all game and take souls unexpectedly with priority​

Bandito (Palkia) @ Lustrous Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast​

The Palkia for every team is here, so everyone knows you pretty much need Palkia on every team and why wouldn't you use it its a monster hardly anything like switches into it. Kyorge switch in obviously and water move absorber, Palkia will always be one of the top tier mons due to its amazing coverage and typing. Lust Orb is used to have the extra damage output

EVS: Max Max

Thunder Wave - Now, this is used to stop Geomancy sweepers in their tracks and to cripple support Arceus which Mega Gengar cant trap.

Hydro Pump - Strong Stab hits like a train.

Draco Meteor - Strong 2nd stab ^.

Fire Blast - To break down the steels which think they can come in and 'wall' this thing like Ferrothron.

Signals (Arceus) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fire Blast
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake​

The God of Ubers itself, fuck Arceus man really. So ya going into building this team Arceus was the last spot I had and honestly why wouldn't you wana use Arceus Normal with Mega Gengar the combo is so borked honestly its cancerous gengar traps the majority of the things that wall this. I'm using Silk Scarf over Lum as I wanted the extra power with this thing which comes in use at times getting more KO's.

EVS: Max Max with the evs stopping Genesect getting +1 Attack, jolly over adamant as the speed ties with other Arceus Normals can be vital.

Fire Blast - This is used to break Scizors which think they can wall this and Super Power as the majority of Arceus sets are walled by normal Scizors, also nice to do big damage to Ferrothrons. I didn't use Overheat as fire move Arceus Normal are starting to become more and more common so people can scout and get you to -2.

Swords Dance - Boost this thing and make it even more broken, sweeps teams.

Extreme Speed - It's an Arceus Normal, powerful stab and +2 priority is so nice.

Earthquake - The filler for the set I always switch this with shadow claw but Earthquake has always worked nice for me as I have Yveltal to scare out things like Arceus Ghost.

Threats:

1. Lust Palkia is a annoyance but most teams struggle vs it
2. MMX threatens this team not much can switch in, any hard hitting fighting types..
3. Specially Defensive Kyorge stall is irritating
4. Arceus Normal late game when everything weakened and Gengar isn't evolved, also if I lose speed ties

Conslusion: I just wanted to drill into you guys how broken Mega Gengar can be used on the right team.

Shoutouts:
Edgar - Thanks so much for helping me test this team man and everything during SPL, defiantly one of the top XY Uber players out there.

Donkey - Helping me build the team and constantly telling me 'ttar is shit' thx4input fgt.
[04:04:19] Donkey: u say no tO DRUGs
[04:04:21] Donkey: juicy j cant
[04:09:41] Donkey: treat me like a princess
[04:09:54] Donkey: call me by mynanme
[04:09:58] Donkey: put me on a peedestal
[04:10:01] Donkey: and soak up all my fame

gay

Aim - Joey my man, thanks for helping me test this team.

Blimlax - Thanks for showing me that I'm no kland and can't win 8 50/50s in a row, blahblah. Salt aside you're a monster dude stay around. Was fun building this team for you.

Classiest - Awesome guys was a sick SPL and thanks for having me as your team mate.

IDM - I can't be fucked to name all of you but I love every single one of you.

Importable:
BeNNs (Yveltal) @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 68 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 184 Spd
Mild Nature
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch

BeNNs (Arceus) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fire Blast
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

BeNNs (Tyranitar) (F) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 156 SDef / 8 Spd
Careful Nature
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit

BeNNs (Palkia) @ Lustrous Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

BeNNs (Gengar) (M) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb

BeNNs (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Be sure to like and share this team, thx.

Last edited:

Cased

Banned deucer.
4. Arceus Normal late game when everything weakened and Gengar isn't evolved, also if I lose speed ties

blimpoleon...

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Very good team, shows just how scary StagTurn cores are.

My only real concern is that your team is quite weak to strong Fighting-types, mainly Protect Mega Blaziken (which runs right through you if EKiller is down) though Mega Mewtwo X is also a problem to an extent. The only real thing I can really suggest is running Life Orb on EKiller instead of Silk Scarf so you can revenge kill them more easily.

Shuckle Sticky Web teams also look annoying but between Yveltal, EKiller and Sand Rush Drill you should do well enough.

Very fond of TTar+Exca myself, I used the idea in one SPL week vs Furai. The team was more stallish and used Exca as an emergency stop for Xerneas, though it had secondary checks in Blissey and Lugia.

This team plays quite differently, it's obviously a more offensive build, iirc I had a similar team in my builder where I used Lugia>Yveltal just as a general wall/fighting check. With pursuit chople TTar and spin, it was possible to support Lugia quite well. Yveltal makes this team much more momentum based, and U-turn Yveltal has sick synergy with Gengar and blabla Ekiller kills everything broke shit.

But yeah definitely a spot on analysis from Fireburn, fast fighting types like Blaze and MMX will break this team with little to no support. Only thing I can recommend trying out is Lugia>Yveltal if you want to retain a ground check and at the same time be solid against Ekiller/Figthing-types/other Xerneas than Geomancy. If you try Lugia, then rest Palkia and Chople TTar becomes better choices for obvious reasons, you want to have some way of absorbing status and TTar will need to trap Gengar without risking Focus Blast almost killing it. However, the changes will take away your broken trapping core which might be just as much of a problem as fighting types are at the moment. So I'm definitely not saying these changes makes your team better per se, but they are viable for variations that can help in certain match ups. Sticking with the original build is understandable, XY Ubers is very match up based and you might have a better time to just try and execute your own strategy instead of focusing too much on the opponent when running offense.

Anyway, this is a good team overall, it was fun battling you in SPL, very strong brit etc etc good luck with everything.

Sludge Wave> Bomb to not lose to MM2s Chesnaught lmfao

Last edited:
ttar is shit

anyways you should have named this rmt after a real song:

>Be sure to like and share this team, thx.

what is this youtube

(IN all seriousness though this is a pretty good team and fares well against most playstyles)

Last edited:

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
@ Fireburn - Yeh fighting types are the main problem this team has, I can't really fix this without drastically revamping the team, I mean Hack mentioned Lugia which is good idea, but the main point of this team was to showcase how borked Trap-Turn is so Yveltal has to stay. The Life Orb on Arceus is a good suggestion I used it in the early stages of this team but I didn't like the recoil, but its personal preference really either works fine but Life Orb does help with things like Lucario. Thanks for the suggestion.

@ Hack - I mentioned above what I pretty much need to say

Thanks for the feedback everyone~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)