What Are Your Bad Habits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Procrastination (I forgot how I used to ever get anything done at this point)

Nail biting, I'm trying to hell to at least lessen this habit to where it was to a few years ago to restore the skin around my nails.

Being brutally honest to someone at completely innapropriate moments. I'm going to be the dude that makes someone go over the edge and commit suicide I swear.

1) Smogon. Seriously, this sunday i am appearing in the most important exam of my life (or any indian student's who wants to study engineering) and i am on smogon.

2) cricket : i can't livd without this silly sport.

3) i speak a lot of abusive words.

4) i can't memorise formulas.

5) losing important things. Last month i lost my railway ticket which cost me 600 INR (10 $) from my pocket-money. ;_;

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
I procrastinate a lot and I'm incredibly lazy. I also cut my nails with my other nails as opposed to biting.

I think the worst habit that I have is that I constantly lie in order to achieve something that I want, but it always fucks me over at the end. At least now that I'm much older, even if it's just a few years since I've told my biggest lie, I have controlled myself more and more. I don't mean like little white lies, "Oh, I didn't break that vase" or some crap like that. I mean lies that can affect the way a person views me. One of the worst things that happened to me due to lying is the loss of a friend around last Summer. I told this friend the truth about a lie I told them YEARS ago that I always brought up in conversation to make them like me more and to feel more accepted. Right now, that person probably wants nothing to do with me. At least I can use this as an experience to get rid of my habits as a chronic liar.

So far, so good.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Ah, I don't want to delve too deep into them. It's mostly just saying "Yeah, I totally do that"-to something that friend does or enjoy-to sort of form a connection. The thing was I sounded ridiculously honest about it and it was believable to them. I could say that person was one of my best friends but at the same time one could say that I wasn't a friend at all. Mostly because I built it around some fake expectation of myself. Besides friendship problems, lying has caused me other personal problems that THANKFULLY, through family and close friends, were solved.

I guess the point that I'm trying to get across is that bad habits can lead to some experiences that can change who you will be in the future. But that's just my two cents.

Oh wow. You just reminded me of an American Dad episode I watched earlier.

Steve: My folks would be devastated if they knew the truth. What should I do?
Roger: Wow. I am hungrier than I thought. And you need to keep lying.
Klaus: What?!
Roger: Eventually, it'll become second nature and you'll stop feeling guilty.
Steve: Okay. Thanks, Dr. Penguin. I always feel safe here.

Some awesome advice, imo.

But yeah I know how that is. My cousin was (still is somewhat) a big liar and it got to the point where he'd lie about everything and no one would believe him, even when he was telling the truth. Thats why he toned it down. I dont think he lies too much these days but he definitely hams things up. Like I hear him tell stories to his friends, stories where I was there and while the general story is true, he makes it more...entertaining. It's not a complete lie but he'll make himself look like a badass or make the story more interesting for comedic effect. I suppose that line about "not letting the truth get in the way of a good story" applies to him.

Good to hear that you're better off now. I imagine you went through the same as my cousin who could never get anyone to believe him for a long time.

Morfent

formerly known as clifford the big red pawg
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Writing a post, then changing my mind right before posting it and deleting it
Being a hypocrite about writing posts
Edit: Editing posts because I never remember to add everything

I smoke too much. (Nowdays I smoke more than 1 pack a day)
I drink too much coffee. (Minimum of 2 a day)
I drink too much alcohol. (On average 3 bourbon bottles a week)
I tend to forget many important things and never end up doing them.

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
I smoke too much. (Nowdays I smoke more than 1 pack a day)
I drink too much coffee. (Minimum of 2 a day)
I drink too much alcohol. (On average 3 bourbon bottles a week)
I tend to forget many important things and never end up doing them.
How is your heart?

Every time my friends do something really stupid, I just blurt out "GOOD JOB" without even listening to most of what they say.

And I twirl the hair at the sides of my ears a lot, too.

Does everyone bite their nails? I do it too and then feel bad because i don't even realize I'm doing it. (was doing it reading this thread too) Though they never got to the point of bleeding... wtf did you guys do bite half of your nail off?

Anyone else just bite their shirt collar for no reason when they are bored/tired/focused? I do it all the time and even though I think about it I always catch myself doing it. I've ruined more than 1 shirt like this haha.

Anyone else just bite their shirt collar for no reason when they are bored/tired/focused? I do it all the time and even though I think about it I always catch myself doing it. I've ruined more than 1 shirt like this haha.
Used to do that a lot when I was 13-15 especially when playing video games.

I still do that occasionally, the only remedy is to now wear a shirt.

I have a habit of instigating, misplacing my damn car keys, worrying about shit I have no control over, pissing out my front door at night and leaving bottle caps half on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)