Other The OU Theorymon Project (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Here are my thoughts:

Poison Heal Goodra: Getting kind of sick of seeing Poison Heal theorymons, but I digress... Anyways, this fits very well flavor-wise, and it certainly does fix her main flaw in lacking recovery. Anything you can say for anyone with Poison Heal applies to Poison Heal Goodra, and her other abilities were kinda meh. Gooey is good in theory, but I never saw anyone dramatically effected by it. Her bulk, as we all know, is excellent, tanking special attackers very well, and Poison Heal will certainly make her role easier. Normally, I'd vote for her, but I really would like to take a break from Poison Heal theorymons.

Magic Guard Froslass: This sounds like a decent idea. A Ghost-type with Magic Guard always sounded like a good idea to me, though I would have preferred this on Dusknoir or even Spiritomb, just something more defensive. But that aside, Froslass becomes an excellent revenge killer, capable of jumping in on anything and revenge killing with excellent coverage with Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, and Thunderbolt, and Destiny Bond becomes much easier to pull off, since you don't have to worry about field hazards anymore.

Poison/Electric Weezing: Say hello to theorymon's defensive Eelektross. We desperately needed a complete counter to Mega Pinsir, and another Talonflame counter never hurts either. Defensively, he's gains great resistances to Electric, Steel, and Flying, while Levitate prevents him from bearing a 4x Ground weakness, all at the small cost of a singular weakness to Psychic. Not bad at all, to say the least. He already has semi-recovery in Pain Split, a status move in Will-O-Wisp, and now it makes sense that he has Thunderbolt which he can hammer Flying-types with, and 85 special attack is pretty good for a defensive Pokemon.

Dry Skin Escavalier: This is an interesting idea, and one that can go the extra mile. Dry Skin lets Escavalier check/counter most of the Water/types in OU, including Azumarill, Keldeo, Mega Gyarados, and Manaphy. He's already 4x weak to Fire, so magnifying that weakness doesn't even matter at this point. he can set up Swords Dance to punish Water-types for staying in, and has a free turn to set up if they switch anyways. Though his coverage is still meh, and his speed is still horrible.

All in all, my vote will go to Poison/Electric Weezing, since his defensive abilities are simply extraordinary.

Dry skin escavalier gets a 8x weakness to fire, which is fun. Granted, you shouldn't be staying in on any fire types anyway, and healing from water is a plus. I guess I'll go with that.

Dry Skin Escavalier

poison heal goodra is just too good to pass up. Dry skin escavalier is really cool, but poison heal (good)ra is just too amazing.

My first vote is for Escavalier, but since it looks like it is going to win, I'm going to stuff the ballot box for Poison Heal Goodra so that it gets a second chance.

Its kinda a shame that poison electric weezing came straight away after eelektross. because I feel like that mon actually is incredibly interesting to talk about, and actually has a huge potential in the ou meta :(

252 SpA Delphox Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Dry Skin Escavalier: 312-372 (90.6 - 108.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

In other news, delphox is still pathetic -_- (and im amazed by the amount of damage escavalier can soak with max investment wow)

Magic Guard Froslass

Immunity to SR on an Ice Pokemon? Fantastic. A 50% chance to OHKO offensive Dragonite through Multiscale with Life Orb with no penalty? Also great.

Dry Skin Escavalier

I recently did a run with AV Escavalier. This is a great option, plus this makes Escavalier a threat in rain too (Even though it's not as relevant this gen, but hey, why not have an extra perk with the ability)

Poison Heal Goodra - Seems like a cheap "upgrade" to Hydration. Not a fan. I like Assault Vest on this thing, anyway.

Magic Guard Froslass - So other than suicide-stopping out-of-control offensive Mons, what does Magic Guard actually do for Froslass? It doesn't really solve any of Froslass's other problems, especially since it's weak to the top three most used Pokemon in OU.

Poison/Electric Weezing - What the hell, we literally just did a Poison/Electric type. It would be better as a Poison/Dark type anyway, since it would be without weaknesses.

Dry Skin Escavalier - I have a feeling that a part of all of us is just hungry for some cooked escargot. That being said, I'm not sure how it checks/counters those Mons unless it can seriously hurt them in return.

So, um... voting for Dry Skin Escavalier, because I really don't know what else to vote for.

Dry Skin Escavalier

Goodra and Weezing are pretty much rehashes of PH Snorlax and Electric/Poison Eelektross and Magic Guard Froslass is just a worse version of Alakazam.

I don't see the merit of Frolass having magic guard. As much as I love Frolass, she is usually used as a suicide lead.Poison Heal Goodra seems cheap and so I vote for Dry Skin Escavlier. IMO poison/electric smogon came too soon after eel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)