Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't really find a suitable forum topic about this and i don't know if it is right for this one but i really need someone with a ditto in their friend safari. could u guys help meh ?

If I am in a double battle and one of my pokemon has storm drain and the other uses surf, does surf hit everyone (boosting the storm drain user's SAtk while damage the opponents) or does it ONLY hit the storm drain pokemon?

I didn't really find a suitable forum topic about this and i don't know if it is right for this one but i really need someone with a ditto in their friend safari. could u guys help meh ?
Here is a friend safari list: https://smogon.com/forums/threads/friend-safari-irc-channel-and-spreadsheet.3489905/

If I am in a double battle and one of my pokemon has storm drain and the other uses surf, does surf hit everyone (boosting the storm drain user's SAtk while damage the opponents) or does it ONLY hit the storm drain pokemon?
Surf hits every Pokemon.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright. What about if I have a storm drain pokemon (along with some other pokemon) and an opponent pokemon uses surf instead of my other pokemon? Will it hit both of my pokemon or just the one with the storm drain?
When Surf is used an a Storm Drain Pokemon is out, it will activate.

edit: oh, I misread your question. idk the answer.

What is a good moveset for mega Tyranitar in a trick room? Also what Pokemon do you suggest to pair it with?
Mega-tar isn't really suited for Trick Room, tbh. The extra bulk and speed it gets upon Mega Evolving make it an excellent Dragon Dancer, as it's pretty much impossible to revenge kill if it's healthy and it's extremely easy to get a DD up.

move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Stone Edge / Crunch
move 3: Ice Punch
move 4: Earthquake
ability: Sand Stream
item: Tyranitarite
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

If you want a Mega for Trick Room, I suggest Mawile as it's much slower and powerful than Tyranitar, especially after a Swords Dance.

move 1: Play Rough
move 2: Sucker Punch
move 3: Knock Off / Swords Dance
move 4: Swords Dance / Substitute
ability: Intimidate
item: Mawilite
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
IVs: 0 Spe
nature: Brave

Should I run Sand Stream Hippowdon in team with Thundurus-I, Galvantula and Keldeo? (the others are Bisharp and M-Chomp who would actually like the sandstorm).

When Surf is used an a Storm Drain Pokemon is out, it will activate.

edit: oh, I misread your question. idk the answer.
Alright. What about if I have a storm drain pokemon (along with some other pokemon) and an opponent pokemon uses surf instead of my other pokemon? Will it hit both of my pokemon or just the one with the storm drain?
in doubles, storm drain will cause any singletarget water moves to force-target the Storm Drain pokemon, including yours. Multi-target Water moves (are there any besides Surf?) will still hit everything, however, though the Storm Drain user will still be immune and still gain Special Attack. (You could presumably send out two Storm Drain users to power-pump each other in doubles...)

Should I run Sand Stream Hippowdon in team with Thundurus-I, Galvantula and Keldeo? (the others are Bisharp and M-Chomp who would actually like the sandstorm).
None of these mons particularly hate sandstorm, and as you said chomp would actually like it. So There's no reason not to run Sand stream hippo.

I noticed when I was playing an OU battle on Pokémon Showdown today, the standard clauses were mentioned at the top: Sleep Clause, OHKO Clause, Moody Clause, etc.

However, when it came to Evasion Clause, only the Evasion Moves Clause was mentioned and Evasion Abilities Clause was not. Are Sand Veil/Snow Cloak legal in OU again? Or was Pokémon Showdown just not displaying it for some reason?

I noticed when I was playing an OU battle on Pokémon Showdown today, the standard clauses were mentioned at the top: Sleep Clause, OHKO Clause, Moody Clause, etc.

However, when it came to Evasion Clause, only the Evasion Moves Clause was mentioned and Evasion Abilities Clause was not. Are Sand Veil/Snow Cloak legal in OU again? Or was Pokémon Showdown just not displaying it for some reason?
As of now Sand Veil/Snow Cloak are usable in OU.

My question: What is the ideal HP EV number for a Poison Heal Gliscor auto-leveled to 50, assuming I want it to be as physically bulky as possible? This is a Protect + Substitute Set, Impish nature.

Alright, on the server I play on, the people seem to really like three Pokemon in particular; Mandibuzz, Aegislash and Las Gordas - that is, Chansey and Blissey, who are similar enough to not really require distinction. Oh, how I detest those fat pieces of crap. They use Megacham a lot, too, but I run Talonflame and thus they are rarely an issue.

Basically, I'm looking for something that can handily defeat all three if that exists; I have Megatar on my team, which can do so potentially, but it's hard to set up on Aegislash due to its Sacred Sword, and the blobs that have TWave aren't exactly smart to do so on either. Is there anything that you could suggest to handle them more aptly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)