UU Simple Questions Thread

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Could someone point me to a spinner/defogger? My team is Florges/Chandelure/Milotic/Umbreon/Mienshao so far.
Starmie, Mega Blastoise, Tentacruel, Forretress, Hitmontop, Donphan, Crobat, Aerodactyl, Mew, Flygon, and Empoleon are all solid. I'd recommend Flygon based on your team, as it synergizes well with Florges, Milotic, and Chandelure. Nothing on your team is weak to Ice or Dragon, however, you do already have two fairy weaknesses, with only one resistance. Try a couple out, see what you like.

EonX- does raise a fair point though. If you're using Competitive Milotic, a spinner is definitely better. The best spinners don't work that well with Milo, so Donphan or Forretress is probably your best choice.

Last edited:

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hm, considering you should be using Competitive on Milotic, it would probably be best to run a Rapid Spin Pokemon. While the two best ones are Starmie and Mega-Blastoise, they do overlap with Milotic quite a bit. Should you not want to deal with this (or have to consider replacing Milotic) you could opt to use Forretress or Donphan, both of which can also deal with some stronger physical attackers. Forretress would probably work better as it can setup Rocks and/or Spikes as well, which you currently lack.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ElegantLilligant , it can, but considering that Defog removes hazards from your opponent's side of the field as well, this can make it harder to get the Competitive boost from Milotic than it would if you had a spinner. Of course, if you're not all that dependent on getting the Competitive boost on Milotic, then a Defog user can work just fine.

Hey, Is there a reliable check to Honchkrow? Its really starting to get on my nerves how it can literally come in and there is nothing you can do about it once it does. The only things i can think of are bulky electrics (which most are worn down by repeated switches) and Rhyperior who is also worn down pretty easily, or or even taken out since it has alot of checks.

Hey, Is there a reliable check to Honchkrow? Its really starting to get on my nerves how it can literally come in and there is nothing you can do about it once it does. The only things i can think of are bulky electrics (which most are worn down by repeated switches) and Rhyperior who is also worn down pretty easily, or or even taken out since it has alot of checks.

There's Mega Aggron, but it still has the same issues as the pokes you mentioned. at +1 a superpower does 50-60%, assuming M-Agg has no phys def investment.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Maybe sableye.He can "outspeed" and burn with will-o-wisp, stall with recover, and I'm not sure how much he takes from brave bird. Without any boosts, he can probably stall out LO set (especially of it lacks roost)

I need a rapid spinner or defogger, but the only spot on my team I can afford to replace is Sableye. Which rapid spinner or defogger functions most similarly to him? Are there any viable rapid spinners or defoggers that learn will-o-wisp?

I need a rapid spinner or defogger, but the only spot on my team I can afford to replace is Sableye. Which rapid spinner or defogger functions most similarly to him? Are there any viable rapid spinners or defoggers that learn will-o-wisp?
SpDef Mew is probably your best choice. But it really all depends on your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)