Ladder Balanced Hackmons

I've used Tinted Lens on choice spec'd power houses.

Light of ruin Xerneas and Draco/spout spammer Dialga have been pretty gud so far.

I'd imagine Mewtwo Y and Mega Gardevoir would also enjoy it in choice sets, or Charizard Y to rock with it.

Anyways so overnight a week or so ago flint made tinted lens rather appealing to me, who would the best users be?
After looking at the type chart for about 30 seconds, the types that seem like the best for Tinted Lens sweepers to me, are Rock, Flying, and Dark. I say this because there is nothing that is immune to these attacks, and nothing (common) that is x4 resistant to them, so they effectively have perfect neutral coverage with 1 STAB attack, leaving the rest of their moveslots open for boosting moves, recovery, anti-shed, ect. Of those three, Dark and Flying have the best STAB attacks for the job, with Knock Off and Oblivion Wing, (Diamond Storm is good, but its PP is too low for a mono attacking set). Sadly, both of these types leave us vulnerable to powerful Pixelate or Refridgerate boosted Extreme Speeds/Fake Outs, so it may not be the greatest ability for a boosting sweeper.

Dialga may be a good user as well, as its Steel STAB covers Fairies, and it isn't priority weak.

Anyways so overnight a week or so ago flint made tinted lens rather appealing to me, who would the best users be?
Tinted Lens may have a lot of wallbreaking power right now but it's also unreliable and less overwhelming than abilities such as Poison Heal and Protean.

As the others said, Dialga is a good Tinted Lens Pokemon, I recommend using it with Doom Desire if you choose to use it.

Other Tinted Lens Pokemon can include Mega Gengar and Palkia.

I really like my team--

Heracross-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Toxic
- Shell Smash
- Knock Off

Lugia @ Lum Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass

Rayquaza @ Choice Specs
Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Aeroblast
- Trick
- Draco Meteor

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Bold Nature
- Transform
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Topsy-Turvy

Arceus @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Dialga @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Leaf Storm
- Hammer Arm

My only problem is opposing Imposter-Chansey that use my Hera-Mega and end up taking most of my team out.

MAMP

MAMP!
I really like my team--

Heracross-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pixilate
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Toxic
- Shell Smash
- Knock Off

Lugia @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass

Rayquaza @ Choice Specs
Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Aeroblast
- Trick
- Draco Meteor

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Bold Nature
- Transform
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Topsy-Turvy

Arceus @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Dialga @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Leaf Storm
- Hammer Arm

My only problem is opposing Imposter-Chansey that use my Hera-Mega and end up taking most of my team out.
Can you explain what that Heracross set does? It seems very odd.

Can you explain what that Heracross set does? It seems very odd.
Focus Sash allows him to set up on anything, without fear, Extremespeed gives him unparalleled priority, and Pixilate makes his already insane attack go through the roof, while giving him fairy typing, which annihilates the copious amounts of dragons littering the tier. I have yet not to take down 3 pokemon at a time using it. Knock off is for anything that seems like it'll take the hit-- especially Lugia, Deo-D, and Chansey.
The point is that it's odd. It is a set-up lead, but an incredibly aggro one.
I like it best as lead because then it doesn't have to worry about Rocks, or a contrary-user that's already started to set up on V-creates, and really sets the opponent off guard.
The problem is that Imposter-chanseys can then take the hit, and usually deal a good amount of damage back, while I really can't do anything against it, specifically because I haven't found anything that can counter it, save Sturdy-inja.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
It's an interesting set, and your team checks it very well. It's a bit of a one time use thing though. And you need to sac something in order to check it.

Actually, your team can't check it at all, which is a huge problem.

The problem is that Imposter-chanseys can then take the hit, and usually deal a good amount of damage back, while I really can't do anything against it, specifically because I haven't found anything that can counter it, save Sturdy-inja.
Interesting team Eeyore, I like to see more Heracross used because there is a general lack of it.

Here's a hard counter to your Heracross that you could switch in when your opponent Imposters it.

Mega Mawile @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fur Coat
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

After one Shell Smash:

+2 252+ Atk Pixilate Mega Heracross Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Mega Mawile: 55-64 (18 - 21%) -- possible 5HKO

+2 252+ Atk Mega Heracross Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Mega Mawile: 51-60 (16.7 - 19.7%) -- guaranteed 6HKO

I really like my team--

A few questions:

Why use Heracross with Pixilate?? Am I missing something? Xerneas is a much more effective Pixilate user as far as I know.

Why Lugia is the Magic Bouncer and why it is baton passing.

The Rayquaza is honestly pretty cool, though i'd suggest having a solid counter to Imposters in general.

Imposter Chansey should have Skill Swap, Transform, Toxic and Topsy Turvy are not good options since you'd have to worry about Substitute more than anything.

I'm also kind of confused at what that Arceus set does, Perhaps you'd appreciate using Regenerator with it much more than Mold Breaker?

The Dialga is decent but will definitely have problems against Imposter, lack of recovery lessens its effectiveness too.

You should tell us what you're trying to achieve with this team so that we can help you make it better.

Last edited:
A few questions:

Why use Heracross with Pixilate?? Am I missing something? Xerneas is a much more effective Pixilate user as far as I know.

Why Lugia is the Magic Bouncer and why it is baton passing.

The Rayquaza is honestly pretty cool, though i'd suggest having a solid counter to Imposters in general.

Imposter Chansey should have Skill Swap, Transform, Toxic and Topsy Turvy are not good options since you'd have to worry about Substitute more than anything.

I'm also kind of confused at what that Arceus set does, Perhaps you'd appreciate using Regenerator with it much more than Mold Breaker?

The Dialga is decent but will definitely have problems against Imposter, lack of recovery lessens its effectiveness too.

You should tell us what you're trying to achieve with this team so that we can help you make it better.
Heracross has the single highest attack in the game, along with bulk higher than Deo-Attack. However, it doesn't have the speed, so I'll consider that. However, it isn't used often, and therefore doesn't have as many people with the same counters as what it would have were it Deo (Mainly pranksters and such using spore, or Mega-Gengar using Normalize)
252+ Atk Pixilate Mega Heracross Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abra: 4781-5625
252+ Atk Pixilate Deoxys-A Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abra: 4679-5505

It's a minimal difference

I just got rid of Lugia in favor Keep it Playful 's Mawile idea, as it takes just about anything

Rayquaza actually hits harder with STAB Oblivion Wing than Mega-Mewtwo Y with the same set and stats I usually don't have a problem with imposter because it's specs, so I end up healing more than I get taken off. It's a long and boring process, but I win that battle 90% of the time

I bring in Imposter Chansey on Other Imposter Chansey, Topsy-Turvy makes it so that all setup was for nothing, Toxic takes down Sturdyinja Transforms (which I recently got rid of and hadn't changed yet, so thanks you for reminding me), Substitute prevents status. However, I just did replace Transform with Skill Swap.

I had a mold breaker simply because I expected more Wonderguard. I played A LOT in B/W, not a ton in B2/W2, and decided to give it another shot, and my instincts said to include a mold-breaker, as a just-in-case, even though there are no wonder-tombs, and I have yet to see a sturdy-inja. I'm seriously considering replacing it.

I really like Dialga. With Assault Vest it takes a lot of hits most Imposters couldn't, and Hammer Arm helps to take down the opposing Dialga. It also takes on Dragons really well, and sets up. Leaf Storm is on only to counter anything that can sponge a V-Create.

Don't have time to say a lot right now, but why not Sword's Dance over Shift Gear? You don't need the Sp. A boost, you're using priority so Speed isn't a big deal, you won't have to deal with defensive drops to set-up, and the Attack boost is still the same.

Good point. I just was afraid of outspeeding other E-Speed users, and having the defense-drop is helpful if I get Impostered

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Um. Wonder guard is banned in BH. So you're not going to be seeing any of those. And mewtwo mega X has higher attack than hera

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Yeah. Though I'm not #1 anymore ._. Try checking out the BH mentoring program if you need help, if you haven't already.

Sticking with the main structure of your team, I'd suggest replacing hera with mm2x, because of higher attack, speed, and better typing.

I'd put close combat or superpower over hammer arm on dialga, because 90 accuracy is iffy, and you don't need much more speed than you get from hammer arm. more power too. You could also run recover or baton pass or substitute or something like that.

Arceus doesn't seem to be doing much for your team. If you're using it to try to kill sturdy shedinja, I'd suggest putting pursuit on it so they don't just switch out. You could also swap it out for your own shedinja to wall your dialga set in case of imposter. Also, if you're removing lugia for mawile, make sure you have stealth rock somewhere on your team, cause it's pretty essential for a balanced style team.

Here's a set I've been using that I like. The power of this thing is absolutely insane. A few pokemon can use this set, but Kyurem-White is probably the best.

Kyurem-White
Refrigerate

Boomburst
Rapid Spin
Filler
Filler

You can shred through almost anything with a Refrigerate/Pixilate/Aerilate boosted Boomburst. Also, the ability grants you an unblockable rapid spin! The remaining two moves can be whatever you want. Personally for the item I use safety goggles to prevent spore.

New Really Good Paranoid Stall Cores:

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: null Atk / null Spd
- Entrainment
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Baton Pass

Darmanitan-Zen @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Calm Nature
- Nuzzle
- Aura Sphere
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Tail

This is a core that I have been using to great effect, with this core, you'll be able to easily handle almost all Boomburst Pokemon and Poison Heal sweepers such as Mega Gyarados, Xerneas, Landorus-T and others.

It may still have a problem against Kyurem-B though, so it's mandatory that you carry something else such as +Def Kyogre or Mega Gyarados to handle the ones with EQ better. Poison heal Giratina is also very useful with this core since it's one of the best counters to a variety of PH Regigigas sets.

Take note that to use this core effectively, your team should look something like this.

Oh and, battles will probably take 400+ turns with that team so have fun if you try it out!

Last edited:
New Really Good Paranoid Stall Cores:

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: null Atk / null Spd
- Entrainment
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Baton Pass
get rid of the mega stone (it doesn't need it to megavolve)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)