Clash of the Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-101929147

DTC:
Knight
Expulso: Ninja

A very close game; unfortunately, his Heracross missed twice :(
Yeah, this was a surprisingly close match. I can already see each class having their own signature moves. Seems like Knight's is Knock Off and Ninja's is U-Turn. Warrior will probably have Earthquake or Stone Edge, and I'm guessing Mage's will be Psyshock or Wish?

Also lol Toxic Orb Hyper Cutter Gliscor.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Also interesting is the different Mega options each class gets. Let's check it out!

Mage: Mega Alakazam, Mega Gardevoir, (Mega Latios)
Knight: Mega Heracross
Warrior: Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Aggron, Mega Garchomp, Mega Mawile, Mega Medicham, Mega Tyranitar
Ninja: Mega Scizor

warrior class 2gud

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
I feel that Warrior has a ton of potent threats that need to spread out, with the introduction of a bulky attacker class, or perhaps having Warrior class be for bulky attackers and have the Berserker class for more Glass Cannon mons.

For Example:

Frailer - Berserker: Garchomp (Mega), Breloom, Medicham (Mega), Druddigon
Bulkier - Warrior: Rhyperior, Tyranitar (Mega), Aerodactyl (Mega), Aggron (Mega), Conkeldurr, Mawile

Of course, with both additional Pokemon would need to be added to each groups.

Pokemon goes Hearthstone. Cool shit.

How many classes do you intend to have at the end of the day?

EDIT: Also, shouldn't the mage have some more Elemental-based mons? Or are you gonna make something like an Elementalist/Shaman class for that purpose?

A Ranger/Gunner class would be pretty cool with Blastoise, the Porygons, Magmortar, Starmie, Ampharos, Cloyster, Landorus-I, Hydreigon, and Metagross. If Porygon2 and Porygon-Z are allowed to exist as one, then Magnezone would be pretty cool.

Ninja class is my kind of class! :)

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I feel that Warrior has a ton of potent threats that need to spread out, with the introduction of a bulky attacker class, or perhaps having Warrior class be for bulky attackers and have the Berserker class for more Glass Cannon mons.

For Example:

Frailer - Berserker: Garchomp (Mega), Breloom, Medicham (Mega), Druddigon
Bulkier - Warrior: Rhyperior, Tyranitar (Mega), Aerodactyl (Mega), Aggron (Mega), Conkeldurr, Mawile

Of course, with both additional Pokemon would need to be added to each groups.
I'd hate to break it to you but, Mega Garchomp is not frail in any way shape or form, it is overall almost as bulky as ferrothorn

0 SpA Mew Dark Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Garchomp: 61-72 (17 - 20.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Mew Dark Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 51-61 (17.5 - 21%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock

0- Atk Mew Knock Off vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 34-40 (11.7 - 13.7%) -- possible 7HKO after Stealth Rock
0- Atk Mew Knock Off vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Garchomp: 38-45 (10.6 - 12.5%) -- possible 8HKO after Stealth Rock

While Ferro would never run 4/0 and That isn't a viable mew set at all to begin with, it's an example and it clearly shows that Mega Chomp is bulkier than Ferro on both sides so it cannot be a glass cannon

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
I'd hate to break it to you but, Mega Garchomp is not frail in any way shape or form, it is overall almost as bulky as ferrothorn

0 SpA Mew Dark Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Garchomp: 61-72 (17 - 20.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Mew Dark Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 51-61 (17.5 - 21%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock

0- Atk Mew Knock Off vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 34-40 (11.7 - 13.7%) -- possible 7HKO after Stealth Rock
0- Atk Mew Knock Off vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Garchomp: 38-45 (10.6 - 12.5%) -- possible 8HKO after Stealth Rock

While Ferro would never run 4/0 and That isn't a viable mew set at all to begin with, it's an example and it clearly shows that Mega Chomp is bulkier than Ferro on both sides so it cannot be a glass cannon
I should have made it more clear that the mega part was additional, and that Garchomp, while not totally frail, is frailer in terms to Dragonite and other similar pseudo-legendaries. Your point is valid and Megachomp is really bulky.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I should have made it more clear that the mega part was additional, and that Garchomp, while not totally frail, is frailer in terms to Dragonite and other similar pseudo-legendaries. Your point is valid and Megachomp is really bulky.
Chomp still isn't frail, it's bulkier than Dragonite after Multiscale.

Erm may I clarify something so I can only use the 40 pokemon listed in this metagame? Will there be more added or like changes over time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)