2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
was a nervous wreck all match. That carrol slap was complete bull (peno made up for it but its still a disgrace!) Suarez and mignolet played really well and sturridge played really poor. Toure scared the crap out of me every time he hit the ball (im not very trusting am i?)

lolarsenal

I'm just numb to it all.

Everton deserve 4th, have been a lot more consistent. Doesn't mean I want them to get it though.

Arsenal squad is shit, lazy, and no drive or motivation. Damn shame. And nothing will change as all the real players will want to go to the top competitive clubs and we will get the scraps. No one wants to come here over the current top 3. Justified.

Thank god for Oxlade-Chamberlain and his desire for more than mediocrity. He deserves better.

I'm just glad the league is getting what they planned all along. Easy schedule for Arsenal early in the season, get a big lead, then they start to fall when facing all the hot teams later in the season so they can say "Arsenal bottle it again, Wenger out, etc etc." Even though we did.

Illuminati.

Our season isn't over. Basic season tbh, struggle for title, settle for 4th, but instead now we can actually win the FA Cup. A trophy is a trophy.

So Norwich sack Hughton, I don't really mind to much. I'm generally a loyal supporter so I would've given him until the end of the season. However, we have been poor in most of our games throughout the year, been far too defensive and Hughton can't make good substitutions. He is a gentlemen though so I wish him the best.

Also considering our remaining fixtures, I don't think this is the right time to change. We generally do well vs the big teams ( or get slaughtered).

I don't have enough info so I'll just ask it here: did Man U just buy/are on the way to buy Gundogan for next season? Due to Barça's ban according to what I read. If so, damn, that's an amazing signing for a team that isn't even gonna play UCL.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I don't have enough info so I'll just ask it here: did Man U just buy/are on the way to buy Gundogan for next season? Due to Barça's ban according to what I read. If so, damn, that's an amazing signing for a team that isn't even gonna play UCL.
No one will sign gündogan. He can be happy if he will ever be able to play football again

Hmm I didn't know the injury was that bad. I would've thought there wouldn't even be a discussion about who's signing him otherwise, but you're the German so I have to take your word.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yes there waa a discussion and he was about to leave dortmund, but now he is injured since september and no one knows what he exactly has. There are just rumors coming to public and I doubt that he will play a game this season.

But there is no official information, so I might be completly wrong

He was fit enough for the winter training camp but then picked up another injury.

His father already said that he he is only focused on getting fit again to make the WC squad. Unfortunately I don't think he will make it even if he does see any game time this season.

Dortmund have offered a new contract though and are waiting for his answer.

The more I have seen Willian the more I like him. He has that bit of spark and twinkle toes you associate with the great Brazilian players. Nobody else on the Brazil team seems to have that these days, apart from Neymar. In fact the whole Brazilian team looks pretty industrial, one of the main reasons to watch the world cup is to watch Brazil and and a whole team of flair players but where is Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka and the rest of them these days!

Tim Sherwood to come to Norwich and raid Spurs for Bentaleb, Kane, Naughton and Rose?

also, No Luck Involved, finally someone who appreciates Willian.
He works very hard for the team and helps out the team in a very big manner and that is overshadowed by his average stats.

Tim Sherwood to come to Norwich and raid Spurs for Bentaleb, Kane, Naughton and Rose?

also, No Luck Involved, finally someone who appreciates Willian.
He works very hard for the team and helps out the team in a very big manner and that is overshadowed by his average stats.
Why the hell would we sign Sherwood. Adams will probably keep the job if we stay up.

Sherwood getting sacked was inevitable. The guy is clueless.
I hope they get someone who can get the best out of Lamela. Sherwood didn't know how to use him.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
All Willian does is run around aimlessly. He's basically Ramires, with marginally better technique. He can score a few goals against lower sides but all he can do in big games is run. Maybe it's because he never actually played football in his entire life, but Mourinho seems to think that pace and stamina are more important than skill or technique. That being said, Ramires' suspension just might be a blessing in disguise. Unless he's through on goal, he tends to waste possession in dangerous areas either with wayward shots or passes. Unfortunately, this means that we just might see Mikel start against PSG and I hope to see Lampard start alongside him because he'll have more freedom to get forward and his experience will really come in handy.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
I can't say that I'm not happy to see Mikel's name omitted from the starting line up but I am worried that Luiz may not be able to provide adequate protection for Cahill and Terry. Eto'o isn't completely match fit, or so I hear, and this just might affect his performance. He has often been quite hit and miss this season and I wonder if he'll be able to deliver under such pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)