Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same with Evioite Scyther.
Hits surprisingly hard for a LC Pokemon (He's banned from LC? Makes sense, so is Sneasel coincidently)
Used one on my "Johto Gym Leader" team and was pretty reliable despite the 4x Rock weakness :)
(Roost OP)
I'm happy that someone agrees with me, and Scyther is also a great Pokemon to use, especially considering that both are banned from LC, meaning that they are absolutely viable in the current metagame. Anyone else agree?

Being banned from Little Cup hardly matters for your viability in OU, considering they are all ridicoulously weak Pokémon even for RU and NU standards, and they have a different ruleset from OU, i.e. all Pokémon must be level 5(pretty sure Swirlix would not be broken if Little Cup was played at LV 100). It's like saying that Blaziken is mediocre in Doubles and so it's fair game for Singles as well.

Being banned from Little Cup hardly matters for your viability in OU, considering they are all ridicoulously weak Pokémon even for RU and NU standards, and they have a different ruleset from OU, i.e. all Pokémon must be level 5(pretty sure Swirlix would not be broken if Little Cup was played at LV 100). It's like saying that Blaziken is mediocre in Doubles and so it's fair game for Singles as well.
Yeah, now it doesn't make much sense... but I just want to express that they're good pokemon, even though their evolutions are superior. They are still viable, whether in OU, UU, or RU, and can run different sets and have similar niches, like Scyther, who can be an effective Toxic staller. I'm not too good at expressing my thoughts, but I believe that pokemon that are "terrible" should not be scoffed at unless you've had some experience with them (With the exception of the REALLY bad ones, looking at you Magikarp). Do you get what I'm trying to say?

This battle is just dumb: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-107224897

Featuring:
- Eevee, Bidoof, Munchlax and just his whole team
- Focus blast Miltank
- Using shadow sneak on said Miltank
- Swords dance, foul play and body slam non mega Absol
- Metronome Munchlax
- Assist Skitty that used blizzard
- Iron tail Dunsparce
- Drill run Excadrill
- Quick attack Eevee
All in one battle!

Edit:
- Hidden power dark Greninja

Da fak?

I'm doing a wi fi right now. His leading Gyarados went for Toxic on my Klefki. Ok, maybe he expected a switch. But then he got hurt. By its black sludge.
Seriously, da fak?
Okay if we're going with Wifi now, I once had this battle where my opponent's Eevee (yes Eevee) used Toxic...on an Aegislash...which was behind a Substitute.

This battle is just dumb: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-107224897

Featuring:
- Eevee, Bidoof, Munchlax and just his whole team
- Focus blast Miltank
- Swords dance, foul play and body slam non mega Absol
- Metronome Munchlax
- Assist Skitty that used blizzard
- Iron tail Dunsparce
- Drill run Excadrill
- Quick attack Eevee
All in one battle!

Edit:
- Hidden power dark Greninja
I'm speachless.

Okay if we're going with Wifi now, I once had this battle where my opponent's Eevee (yes Eevee) used Toxic...on an Aegislash...which was behind a Substitute.
But this, like toxic on Klefki, is something that I could imagine, fruit of an ignorant tactis. But Black Sludge Gyarados is just madness.

I've heard people doing that as sort of a defensive edge. In other words he probably predicted another Focus Blast from Miltank and wanted to get the edge with the immunity. Of course, Miltank does get Scrappy. Maybe he wasn't expecting Scrappy Miltank like I wasn't expecting Rattled Dunsparce.

Random Shit volume 77: HBOGo<<<<<<<<<Healthcare.gov Edition
-Azumarill with something hindering its attack power (+6 Aqua Jet couldn't even OHKO Yanmega), Aqua Ring, and Bright Powder.
-Yet another Torrent Greninja.
-The dude with the above two mons winning 5-0.
-Zebstrika. Holding an Expert Belt.
-Wise Glasses Manaphy. Not that it needs them with Tail Glow.
-Gliscor using Facade before having its Toxic Orb activate, and against Crocune. (8.8% damage new meta.)
-Power Gem Mismagius. At least it took out a Y-zard.
-Breloom Sporing a Whimsicott.
-Said Whimsicott using Leech Seed in return.
-Klefki using Toxic on Escavalier.
-Scary Face Mamoswine.
-Excadrill with both Drill Run and EQ.
-A team consisting solely of Infernape and Alakazam.
-When you have issues with a mono bug team, you might want to do something about it. Step 1: don't use Torrent Greninja.
-Tyranitar using Thunder Wave on Rotom-W.
-Aerodactyl using Stealth Rock while Espeon was out.
-Another Espeon trying to Psyshock an Umbreon.
-Kee Berry Weezing anything.
-Playing against a type that has an advantage against you is no excuse for this: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-107235396
-Multiple attempts to set up on Hippowdon.
-Y-zard using Solarbeam in the sand.
-Krokorok. Eh, looks like it was C&E, so I'll let it slide.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
-Azumarill with something hindering its attack power (+6 Aqua Jet couldn't even OHKO Yanmega), Aqua Ring, and Bright Powder.
-Yet another Torrent Greninja.
-The dude with the above two mons winning 5-0.
-Zebstrika. Holding an Expert Belt.
-Wise Glasses Manaphy. Not that it needs them with Tail Glow.
-Gliscor using Facade before having its Toxic Orb activate, and against Crocune. (8.8% damage new meta.)
-Power Gem Mismagius. At least it took out a Y-zard.
-Breloom Sporing a Whimsicott.
-Said Whimsicott using Leech Seed in return.
-Klefki using Toxic on Escavalier.
-Scary Face Mamoswine.
-Excadrill with both Drill Run and EQ.
-A team consisting solely of Infernape and Alakazam.
-When you have issues with a mono bug team, you might want to do something about it. Step 1: don't use Torrent Greninja.
-Tyranitar using Thunder Wave on Rotom-W.
-Aerodactyl using Stealth Rock while Espeon was out.
-Another Espeon trying to Psyshock an Umbreon.
-Kee Berry Weezing anything.
-Playing against a type that has an advantage against you is no excuse for this: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-107235396
-Y-zard using Solarbeam in the sand.
-Krokorok. Eh, looks like it was C&E, so I'll let it slide.
Or maybe it was just a wally yanmega. +6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Yanmega: 252-297 (67 - 78.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Either is weird.

if it was sap sipper azumarill that makes sense, but doesnt make it less stupid

set up with what on hippodown?

Random Shit Volume 77.2: Stealing His Titles Are Fun.
- Dragon Dance Y-Zard with Dragon Rage, Dragon Pulse, and Fire Punch. After I swept him with Shell Smash Crustle, he put in all caps "HACKER" then instantly left.
- Same dude had Mega-banette with no status moves. And it had Shadow Ball.
- Same dude again had Dragon Rage/Dragon Rush/Rock Tomb/???? Garchomp with a Roseli berry.
- X-Zard using Swords Dance, then spamming Focus Punch. Against my Crustle.
- Lugia coming in on my Zekrom in Ubers. Turns out it didn't have Multiscale. XD
- Specs Scizor. No words.
- Kakuna in general.
- Bibarel in general.
- Raichu in general.
- Sawsbuck in general (swept half my team because Chlorophyll + Swords Dance ;-;)
- Baton Pass team to a magikarp. He failed anyways because Blastoise used Roar!
- Shell Smash non-contrary Shuckle.
- GyaraVire.
- A person using an Aegislash called "You Win" who instantly forfeited. I was watching him for a bit, he kept forfeiting instantly at the start of a battle. I want to earn more rank because of him.
- Using Sitrus Berry Dragonite without any attacking moves but

Revised OU ladder: Daily crap part 1

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-107272189
Harden Ninjask.
Using Earthquake on ninjask.
Switching to Shedinja instead of Baton Pass.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-107273884
Audino.
CB Greninja. With both Waterfall and Water Shuriken.(I have actually used a physical Greninja in the past, but choicing it is stupid, and prevents Protean mindgames.)
Stall team without hazards or rapid spin.
LO Noivern. Specs is best.
Non-mega SubPunch Kangaskhan. No, not Focus Punch. Power-Up Punch and Drain Punch.
Using both Substitute and Curse against a Mandibuzz known to have Whirlwind.
Winning despite all this.

Last edited:
if it was sap sipper azumarill that makes sense, but doesnt make it less stupid

set up with what on hippodown?
It was setting up SD/SS, IIRC. Of course, the reason this is silly is because Hippo has Whirlwind.

Edit:
Random Shit Volume 77.2: Stealing His Titles Are Fun.
So that's why I can't think of any...

- Using Sitrus Berry Dragonite without any attacking moves but
Such cliffhanger, many suspense, wow.

- Sawsbuck in general (swept half my team because Chlorophyll + Swords Dance ;-;)
Even though it was NU last gen, Sawsbuck is actually a serious threat when it comes to chlorophyll sweepers. Last gen it was the only one capable of OHKOing or 2HKOing every automatic weather starter without needing to resort to hidden power for coverage. It was also able to OHKO heatran with nature power, which back then turned into earthquake. Last gen I reached a 2K rating with a sun team where my two main chlorophyll sweepers were a Sawsbuck and Victreebel. Using sawsbuck on a weatherless team is silly, using it in the sun is not.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Even though it was NU last gen, Sawsbuck is actually a serious threat when it comes to chlorophyll sweepers. Last gen it was the only one capable of OHKOing or 2HKOing every automatic weather starter without needing to resort to hidden power for coverage. It was also able to OHKO heatran with nature power, which back then turned into earthquake. Last gen I reached a 2K rating with a sun team where my two main chlorophyll sweepers were a Sawsbuck and Victreebel. Using sawsbuck on a weatherless team is silly, using it in the sun is not.
I ran Sawsbuck in gen 5, so I would know that it hits like a truck after an SD. Opponents do not want to send in Politoed on this, unless Scarf Ice Beam or switching into something else to take the incoming +2 Horn Leech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)