The XY LC Teambuilding Competition! (Entry Period!)

.-. no entries yet, Well, I'll submit mine

The Teambuilding Process

I began with these 2, of course. I ran pretty standard sets for both of them. Next, I had to wonder what would love to destroy their counters. I decided to spend my 3rd slot on something that dealt with Foongus' counters. There are Fire types, Flying types, and Psychic types. Mainly: Ponyta, Larvesta, Murkrow, Fletchling, Meditite. Rock insta kills the first four, then I'm thinking, "Flying would insta kill Meditite". I put two and two together and got...

...3 members on my team. I decided that I should start a offensive core with Archen. Now I think, what counters Slowpoke. Electric types, Dark types, and Ghosts. Mainly: Chinchou, Murkrow, Pawniard, Misdreavus. I think, what can OHKO all of these. Why, Meditite, of course! So I slapped that onto my team.

My Meditite set is not the average Meditite set; it is actually a SubPassing Set. I know you're scratching your head, but I'll explain it, I promise. Anyways, I now needed something that could deal with what switches into Meditite. I got the following:

1) Slowpoke
2) Spritzee
3) Larvesta and Ponyta
4) Misdreavus (depending on what is on the field currently)
5) Murkrow (depending on what is on the field currently)

I think to myself, I need another wallbreaker, I have Slowpoke and friends to deal with >_>. Anyways, I just think, "What hits Slowpoke super-effectively". Ghost! "What can hit Spritzee super-effectively?". Poison! "Can Gastly at least 2HKO the rest of the pokemon on the list?". Yes! It just fit so perfectly, I had to add it.

The team looks good. I just look at it for a second and see a huge dark weakness. Pawniard walks over my whole team. I needed another fighter. Mienfoo would be too mainstream and obvious in this situation. I went another route.

I just look at the team, and I think that it's good. Let's see if it can deal with the common threats of LC.

1) Meditite? Gastly outspeeds and KO's. Archen can risk the speed tie.
2) Murkrow? Archen OHKO's, its not even funny.
3) Pawniard? Timburr, and Meditite I suppose on the switch.
4) Other fighters? Archen
5) Offense? I have some trouble, but the Gastly/Archen duo will seriously KO everything if they can.
6) Stall? Not even funny.
7) Fletchling? Ehh, I have some trouble, but Archen's got my back.
8) Misdreavus? Probably the most threatening poke to my team. Timburr can take a hit and Knock Off. Foongus can put it to sleep. Sub Nasty Plot is really a pain to this team and is pretty much gg.

Looks good, tbh. I think we're done here! ^_^

Now, whether you read that or not, let's go into the sets!

Foongus @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 5
EVs: 236 SAtk / 156 SDef / 76 Def
Modest Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Foongus, a good and effective special wall. There's really not much to say here. Spore sleeps everything that it can sleep. Giga Drain does good damage and gives Foongus more recovery. Sludge Bomb is secondary STAB and does good damage to stuff. Synthesis is very useful in a 1v1 situation, often leading to a win for me. The EV's are a little bit awkward, giving up some of Foongus' physical bulk for much better attacking power, making it a much better tank if you ask me.

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 160 Def / 116 SDef / 76 SAtk / 156 HP
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Psychic
- Slack Off

Slowpoke, physical wall #1. Thunder Wave makes it an idea status partner for Foongus, while Scald broadens the status spectrum, making burns, so that the rest of my team can take hits. Psychic is a good STAB I guess, and Slack Off is recovery. The EV's make the Poke as physically bulky as possible, along with giving it good SpDef and SpAtt.

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 180 Atk / 196 Spd / 132 HP
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Roost

This thing has been so freaking ridiculous, its not even funny. A very underrated threat, Archen is Wallbreaker #1, and and quite literally smashes and kills so many things. Here are calcs from 2 of the bulkiest pokemon in the tier.

180+ Atk Archen Head Smash vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 16-19 (59.2 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

180+ Atk Archen Head Smash vs. 196 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Slowpoke: 16-19 (57.1 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Holy crap, Archen is going to claim some souls today. Don't even mention that with Berry Juice and the recoil, Archen can OHKO something with a 150 BP STAB Move off of 22 Attack and come out completely fine. Acrobatics loves taking advantage of Berry Juice, OHKOing many things that Head Smash can't, namely Fighting types, and doesn't come with recoil. U-Turn is a good scouting move just to see what the opponent will do with the threat of a 150 BP STAB Move off of 22 Attack. If Archen gets Roost, it not only gets away from Defeatist range, but also gives it another opportunity to use a 150 BP STAB Move off of 22 Attack. I think you get the point, Archen is a really good wallbreaker, and kills everything in its path.

Meditite @ Eviolite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 116 HP / 116 Atk / 120 Def / 156 SDef
Impish Nature
- Baton Pass
- High Jump Kick
- Psycho Cut
- Substitute

I know, I know, this thing looks retarded, but let me explain. Because of Meditite's amazing power and crap, people switch out into their wall. Well, what if you can Baton Pass to scout for that wall, and switch into a different wallbreaker, and be in a winning position again? Let's use a good example, a tried and true counter to Meditite, Wynaut.

So, the Wynaut switches in while you Baton Pass. You go into Gastly, ready to just murder the heck out of this thing. Assuming they don't switch out, or they have nothing better to take a Shadow Ball, you kill the Wynaut, opening an easy clean-up for Meditite.

BUT, it could be better. What IF, you set up a Sub while the Wynaut switches in. The Wynaut never outspeeds Meditite, even with no investment, so you Baton Pass into Gastly. They Counter or whatever, and you can pretty much win the game from there. The Meditite/Gastly combo is very effective versus alot of switch ins to Meditite, such as Slowpoke and Spritzee. Once you kill them, Meditite can take it from there and finish the game, its so effective!!!

However, if you predict the switch, you yourself can attack behind your own Sub. High Jump Kick is a godly 130 BP STAB move off of, effectively, 24 Attack. Psycho Cut is used for accuracy, and it also lets you beat Larvesta and Ponyta since it is not a contact move. The EV's make you as bulky as possible, give you a 24 Att, and low speed so that your Sub receiver doesn't have to take a hit. It's just really effective, and a very good core for any team.

Gastly @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 200 SAtk / 108 SDef / 200 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Destiny Bond

Wallbreaker #2, and the second underrated pokemon on my team. This thing just hits hard and breaks walls, hence, wallbreaker. Shadow Ball is a very good STAB, 2HKOing everything that doesn't resist it. The godly Levitate Boosted Sludge Bomb hits even harder, letting you beat a majority of Normal types and Dark types, such as Porygon and Murkrow. Hidden Power Fighting destroys Pawniard and I guess Stunky, and Destiny Bond is the ace in the hole, finishing off anything that KO's you (and trust me, many things do). Behind a Sub made by Meditite, it just sweeps. That is all. Nothing can stop it.

Timburr (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Atk / 236 Def
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Poison Jab

In its pretty awkward female form, Timburr makes the stage as the glue of the team, or Physical Wall #2, whatever you want to call it. It beats things that this team can't beat on its own, namely Pawniard, and is just very good at holding its own. Knock Off is Knock Off. Drain Punch for recovery. Mach Punch gives me a much needed form of priority. Poison Jab hits Spritzee, I guess. The EV's make this thing as Physically Defensive as possible.

Thanks for reading this. I'm sorry that its really long, but that's how detailed I went into this team, seeing the synergy, finding the weaknesses, patching them up. But seriously, thanks for reading! ^_^

EDIT: Wait, how could I forget the beloved Replay. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-93686035 There. Enjoy

Last edited:
I really enjoy these competitions so I'll submit an entry even though I'm not that great at LC I think I came up with a nice well rounded team.

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Def / 116 SDef / 196 HP / 36 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 SAtk / 156 SDef / 76 Def / 124 HP / 76 Spd
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 196 Spd / 180 Atk / 132 HP
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge

Trubbish @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 116 Atk / 180 Def / 212 HP
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Rock Blast
- Thief

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 196 Spd / 236 Atk / 76 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Brick Break

Bunnelby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 Atk / 224 Spd / 56 HP
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- U-turn

Slowpoke and Foongus are both very solid defensive choices in this meta and their most common sets are their best ones (I tried Bandedbro... it didn't work out very well XD). I'm using Fire Blast on Slowpoke to take out Ferroseed who is not threatened at all by any other member of my team. I knew that this core was going to have trouble with Knock Off so I added Trubbish to tank Knock Off and to counter opposing Pawniard, thief is a great move for Trubbish as it often loses its berry juice on switch in and can now easily regain at least some item. Archen was added as a wallbreaker and counter to mixcrow and Larvesta. Archen also provides defog and SR support for my team. Scarf Pawniard was added as a revenge killer and late game cleaner who can switch in easy on Psychic attacks aimed at Foongus, while Band Bunnelby was added as powerful wallbreaker who can switch in easily on Slowpoke's ghost weakness. Bunnelby also has the potential to clean late game with banded quick attack.

Any feedback would be appreciated :).

Last edited:
such para, much hex

<- is awesome
wow (Slowpoke) @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Atk / 236 Def / 116 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Thunder Wave
- Zen Headbutt

wow
156 Atk EVs adamant slowpoke (16 Atk / 24 Def)
such damages
such power
such coverage
such scarf hunter
10/10 would bang
156+ Atk Slowpoke Earthquake vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Tirtouga: 22-28 (104.7 - 133.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
156+ Atk Slowpoke Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 52 Def Chinchou: 22-26 (91.6 - 108.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
156+ Atk Slowpoke Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Pawniard: 18-22 (85.7 - 104.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
156+ Atk Slowpoke Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Mienfoo: 14-20 (66.6 - 95.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
156+ Atk Slowpoke Zen Headbutt vs. 124 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 14-18 (56 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
fowlpoke aka 16/16 physical slowpoke is awesome much, it tanks everything in physical and ohko back
236+ Atk Pawniard Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 196 HP / 156 Def Eviolite Slowpoke: 18-24 (64.2 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
it fears nothing, it hurts, it tanks, it regens, it's awesome, it's fowlpoke
it also TWAVES EVERYTHING to outspeed as my whole team is slow and twave is one gained turn in 1v1 fights
wow

very ball (Foongus) @ Eviolite
EVs: 44 HP / 236 Def / 76 SAtk / 76 SDef / 76 Spd
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Stun Spore

wow look it's fowlgus, zorua apprentice that can only imitate pokeballs
24 hp for 8 hp recovery, much def because much def, +1 speed because i want to outspeed other foonguses as they always come to absorb spore, eviolite sdef number and satk because champignons are supposed to be toxic, not decorative thx
spore because spore
stun spore just after because TWAVES EVERYTHING (paralysis is always better than any other move as it allows the wished move to be casted straight after) (unless you're poisoned) (with foongus) (fuck soap chinchou)
sludge bomb aka fk u vullaby (I HATE VULLABY)
and giga drain in the case i have to face magikarp, i have then to pray for a crit (such threat, much splash, wow)

#pause#
ok i'll stop dogeing a little time to explain things more seriously : this team is based around paralysis, nearly everybody is slow as fuck and so benefits much paralysis. this implies having a little offensive pressure (=> fowlpoke, slight satk investment foongus, rest of team is offensive as well). Regenerator core is here used mainly to twave in early game, then more offensively later.
#doge#

h(jw)=s(t)/e(t) (Chinchou) @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SDef / 60 Spd
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Rest
- Scald
- Sleep Talk

wow fowlpoke is very the weakness to rk chinchou so i must choose a good counter
i heard u like chinchou, so i give you chinchou to counter chinchou so i burn chinchou while using chinchou

chinchou4ever
rest to counter chinchou because restless chinchou will not get rest fighting chinchou so he'll prob lose (rest chinchou vs hp less chinchou wins)
discharge because i want to TWAVE EVERYTHING
scald because it's hot
usual defensive repart, nothing to see here

so evil (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SDef / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

wow pawniard so aggressive, such knock off, such repart to tie most 16 speed users
i need rocks to survive sturdyjuicers, so i rock'n'roll with pawniard, and if vullaby isn't happy he'll fall to my defiance
the best mon to put rocks on with pawniard is mienfoo
other than that it's pawniard, it knocks off, it iron head, it kills fairies so you won't lose in bravely default : it's awesome

much punch (Timburr) @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 SDef
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

wow much punching
now that everything is twaved i use a fighting type benefiting that much aka timburr
at +1 it punches everybody except spritzee (it even tanks eviolite krow brave bird)
oh well
it punches
perfect lategame cleaner, i use anti-abra repart because he doesn't dare moving to kill people imo that's hacking and i find it very lame

now are you ready
the evilness is about to appear
look
it's a ghost

such hax (Misdreavus) @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hex
- Substitute

wow
did you just said wow
NOT WOW YOU RETARD WHERE DO YOU SEE WOW IT CAN'T BURN IT'S NOT A TERRORIST AND TERRORISTS ARE CHASED AFTER BY FIREMEN DUMBASS
IT'S A FUCKIN HEX USER
LOOK AT HOW IT IS AWESOME
EVERYBODY IS PARALYZED HE PRESSES HEX AND RAPES EVERYONE WITH 130 POWER STABBED
AND AT +2 IT EVEN RAPES RESISTING MON
except porygon
but well
it's porygon
btw porygon annoys me so much i use hp fight
same for pawniard
sub because sucker punch / twave
nasty plot because it 6-0 at +2
(except porygon
but well
it's porygon)

now you can say wow it's awesome
thank you

this was a genius team, brought to you by its creator

Export :
much punch (Timburr) @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 SDef
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

such hax (Misdreavus) @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hex
- Substitute

very ball (Foongus) @ Eviolite
EVs: 44 HP / 236 Def / 76 SAtk / 76 SDef / 76 Spd
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Stun Spore

wow (Slowpoke) @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Atk / 236 Def / 116 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Thunder Wave
- Zen Headbutt

so evil (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

h(jw)=s(t)/e(t) (Chinchou) @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SDef / 60 Spd
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Rest
- Scald
- Sleep Talk

Some replays : http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-94011840 <- uninteresting, no hex rampage
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-94047129 <- same i keep seeking for one

wow

Last edited:
fine i did it.

BOOMgus (Foongus) @ Life Orb
EVs: 240 SAtk / 76 Def / 124 HP
Quiet Nature
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 116 Def / 156 HP
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Slack Off
- Trick Room
- Zen Headbutt
- Aqua Tail

Timburr @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Atk / 156 SDef / 156 HP
Brave Nature
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Diglett @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 Atk / 36 HP
Jolly Nature
- Memento
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Cranidos @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 236 Atk / 116 Def / 144 HP
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Hammer Arm
- Zen Headbutt

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 156 SDef / 196 Def / 156 HP
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Psychic

Basically the team functions as a bulky offense team, but with Trick Room. Diglett is almost always used as a lead but if I see a team that's absurdly weak to Timburr, I want to save Memento to set up. Slowpoke and Porygon are tanks, they hit hard and recover well. Trick Room "wall breakers" are Cranidos (for obvious reasons) and LO BOOMgus. Foongus with a Life Orb hurts things and beats most things 1v1 when it's in TR. It's also awesome to Spore a Pokemon on your last TR turn to switch out and heal all of your LO recoil and getting TR up again. Timburr is basically just a way to round out the team to set up on Pawniard and Fighting-types. Meditite is probably the biggest threat to the team but its only excessively dangerous if Slowpoke and Foongus are misplayed, as you can easily play around it with resists and Regenerator.

Example replay:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-94251474

i misplayed with Cranidos a bit but it worked out :).

My Turn.

Muh Bird

Once upon a time there was a bird. This was muh bird. Muh Bird liked going BOOM and BURST and booming and bursting everything, but it kept getting outsped crapthings like murkrow and misdreavus. So what do you do....

You get angry and parahax things! In all seriousness my team focuses on paralyzing things with my regen core, knocking off eviolites with my knock off core, and then booming and bursting with muh bird. Trubish is the glue to the team, being able to tank the knock offs that really hurt my cores. My pawniard set is also very different fromt he norm, as instead of being a wallbreaker, my pawniard is more utility with mienfoo. Tbh, my knock off core is actually more of a utility core. The pawniard is there to help spread paralysis, and knock off eviolites, and set up stealth rocks. The stealth rocks help give me some needed kos and 2 hit kos for muh bird. This team is overall quite helpful, balanced, and works at what it does.

Slowpoke (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Def / 116 HP / 116 SDef / 36 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam

Foongus (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 44 HP / 76 SAtk / 156 SDef / 156 Def / 76 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stun Spore
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Trubbish (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 180 Def / 212 HP / 116 Atk
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Rock Blast
- Spikes

Taillow (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 204 SAtk / 240 Spd / 40 Def
Rash Nature
- Boomburst
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Mienfoo (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 Def / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Pawniard (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 Def / 76 HP
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

Also give me some credit, i didnt use murkrow or meditite :O

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have like 4 teams with them.

I wanna try out something new with them so I'll change up their roles a bit.

EDIT: I wanna give them a more offensive role but i fear that this will be hard af since TR is the only way imma be able to do this ;w;

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
K, Imma post my team cause procrastinating on homework or w/e.

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 44 HP / 160 Def / 240 SDef
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 236 Def / 36 SAtk / 36 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Slack Off

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SDef / 212 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- High Jump Kick

Amaura @ Eviolite
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 36 Def / 220 SAtk / 12 SDef / 228 Spd
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Thunderbolt
- Ancient Power
- Rock Polish

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SAtk / 76 SDef / 12 Spd
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Murkrow @ Berry Juice
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SAtk / 188 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 236 Def / 36 SAtk / 36 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Slack Off

The first half of the regenerator core, I chose to use 3 attack Slowpoke, as I don't want to allow free switch in's for Pawniard, but dropping Psychic or scald for a status move is not worth it. Standard Slowpoke, not very cool tbh.

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 44 HP / 160 Def / 240 SDef
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog

The second part of your standard regen-core, however I've one again chosen to forgo standard moves like HP Fire and Stun Spore for a more niche move, as Pawniard is so threatening to my team I've chosen HP fighting to punish any pawn brave enough to knock off my eviolite. Clear smog was chosen over sludge bomb because Calm Mind Spritzee is a very real threat, and this pretty much hard counters that.

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SDef / 212 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- High Jump Kick

I chose Scraggy in the third slot, because this pair greatly needs 2 things, a win condition, and some knock off (it wouldn't be LC without it!). Dragon Dance Scraggy is very powerful and dangerous, I am running dual Fighting STAB because it is worth it to have both the safety and recovery of Drain Punch, as well as the power of High Jump Kick. Usually I press knock off early game as much as possible to remove the opposing team's items and to conserve Scraggy for the right time to sweep. While this set is walled by fairies, Foongus has no problem switching into them and damaging them with clear smog or putting them to sleep with spore.

Amaura @ Eviolite
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 36 Def / 220 SAtk / 12 SDef / 228 Spd
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Thunderbolt
- Ancient Power
- Rock Polish

At this point I realized my team was super weak to Murkrow, which is unacceptable in LC. So I decided to put one of the best counters of Krow in LC on my team, Amaura, which resists Brave Bird, Evades Sucker Punch with Nature Power, and takes negligible damage from heat wave. I don't really have experience with Amaura, so I decided to try out an offensive Rock Polish set, which can be quite fun to clean teams with, thanks to its good coverage and speed after a rock polish.

Spritzee @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SAtk / 76 SDef / 12 Spd
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Now I realized that my team was really weak to opposing Meditite, so to fix this I added Spritzee to my team. It is also extremely useful to this team, because it keeps status away from my walls and Scraggy, while utilizing wish to heal up Scraggy and Amaura if the opponent has important threats for them to check.

Murkrow @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SAtk / 188 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave

I decided to put Murkrow on my team in the sixth slot because it does some key things for my team. Murkrow has 19 speed, which was sorely needed on this team due to how slow it is. Defog is also pretty nice to have on this team since my whole team is grounded (spike weak) and Amaura wants SR to be removed to continually counter opposing Murkrow. Murkrow also can take out all of the fighting types that can be *somewhat* threatening to this team.

Overall it can deal with most meta game threats pretty well, and has some cool underrated mons (muh scraggy and amaura).

Anthiese

formerly Jac
couldnt live up to my own challenge so i went with one of the oldfag teams i made back in the beginning of XY

Andante (Slowpoke) (F) @ Eviolite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 156 Def / 116 SDef / 116 SAtk / 116 HP
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Psychic

Psilocybin (Foongus) (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 68 SAtk / 156 SDef / 76 Def / 204 HP
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stun Spore

Darkwing Dyke (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 156 Def / 156 SDef / 116 Spd / 36 HP
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Whirlwind

Solaris (Larvesta) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 HP / 156 Def / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- U-turn

Mitsuo The Hero (Porygon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 156 SDef / 76 HP / 196 Def / 76 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Death Cleric (Spritzee) (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 212 HP / 76 SDef / 12 SAtk / 12 Spd
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

This team is a butt ton is a paralysis and im ok with it. I do wanna toss in a hex ghost to troll but i'll pass for now since my GWF core is unstoppable.

The tea revolves around multiple bulky offensive cores that all work to stave off many attacking types in LC.

Slowpoke + Foongus + Larvesta makes the GWF combo. Together they stop most phycially inclined attackers and stop set up sweepers reliant on speed or attack. Then say goodbye to your health :>

Vullaby is able to push away Hazards that would plague this team. Also is able to spam the best LC move right now.

Porygon is Porygon, the bulkiest and oldest LC mon, who goesnt give two ficks about anything really.

Spritzee is the best cleric in the bsns. Wall all the things expect Larvesta.

This team however in being wally has to overpredict so hard in order to minimize damage.

I will try to make a HO team to showcase SlowFoon's power if i can find a worthy way of doing it ;w;

Ok, entry period is OVER! Time to move on to the voting stage, you know the drill! rank from 1 to 3. Leaving voting open until it gets dead

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
1. atomicllamas because of speedy amaura
2. Shaymin :D because 150 BP STAB Move off of 22 Attack
3. Ashley11 because eviolite rubbish and birds going boom on paralyzed people

1. Me, Archen 2powerful4life, dont even mention Levitate Boosted Sludge Bomb
2. Ashley11, the burd has powa
3. Acestriker19, underrated threats are underrated

Last edited:
Scoreboard Post (Will Update when more pplz vote) :

Ashley11 - 11 votes <---- The host of the competition is winning bs y/y

Shaymin :D - 8 votes

Heysup - 6 votes

Artemis The Foul - 6 votes

Atomicllamas - 4 votes

Acestriker19 - 1 vote

Last edited:
Ok, the voting is over! Sorry for massive delay on my part, things happened. Final results are...

1st place to Me! ha not rigged
2nd Place to Shaymin :D
3rd place to the heysup and Artemis the Foul
Honorable Mention The llama

GJ everyone and myself! The next core is...

Pawniard and Spritzee!

Yeah, this core is a very cool steel/fairy core with nice resistances, utility, and offense and defense all together. Pawniard is usually seen as an overall wallbreaker but can also be used for Choice Scarf, and even stealth rock and thunder wave! Dont be afraid to be creative with pawniard, I did and ended up with the 1st place :O. Spritzee is also very awesome, being able to wish pass, take all the powershots, and great typing. It also has access to Aromatherapy! You can use some other offensive options here too though, with trick room, calm mind, draining kiss, and good move coverage. Now, Gogogo teambuilders!

Going to take a crack at this! Hope you both like and try out this team!

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 116 SDef / 156 HP
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 92 SAtk / 212 HP / 116 Def / 76 SDef / 12 Spd
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 116 Def / 156 SDef / 68 Atk / 124 HP / 28 Spd
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Shadow Sneak
- Seed Bomb

Meditite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 196 Atk / 196 Spd / 116 HP
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 228 SAtk / 148 SDef / 52 Def / 76 HP
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dazzling Gleam

Larvesta @ Berry Juice
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 36 Spd / 76 HP / 236 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

I started with this, the core for the competition. They both synergize well and cover each weakness the other one has. I actually went for a bulky offensive core with these two. Pawniard really is a great attacker and I did not want to ignore that. The set is relatively standard except for the fact that I went with Taunt in the last spot to prevent anything from trying to burn me and to help stop other status moves. Spritzee on the other hand, is usually seen as a cleric or support but I went with a Calm Mind set. Once, a set similar to this completely tore me apart because I was not ready for it. The objective is to set up Calm Mind and then just heal damage lost with Draining Kiss. Thunderbolt and Psychic are just there for other special moves that Spritzee could utilize.

I then decided to add Pumpkaboo. Pumpkaboo also has really nice synergy to the team as well as the ability to play stall-like offense. It is bulky, has Will-o-Wisp, Leech Seed, and also has good attacking moves through Shadow Sneak and Seed Bomb. Also, Frisk can help tell me whether my opponent is using Eviolite or Berry Juice. This will prevent me from expecting something and then the other one is what the item truly is.

At this point, I needed a strong pokemon to just destroy everything. When in doubt, go Meditite. Meditite is incredibly strong and I run a Scarf set to outrun and OHKO a lot of obstacles in its way. Meditite has great coverage with Ice Punch and two nice STAB moves through Drain Punch and Zen Heabutt. Lastly, I threw Poison Jab on there to help deal with Fairy-type pokemon and just to have another offensive move. Bullet Punch is good but it is not something I want to be locked into with a Scarf set. Also, I outspeed most things anyway due to Scarf and running Bullet Punch seemed pointless.

I was now at my last two team slots. I like to run a FWG core on most of my teams due to the coverage they have and although this was not the best coverage one, they still work nicely together. I needed a Water and Fire-type at this point and then I saw the first weeks core. I looked and tried it out and realized that they function very nicely on the team. I used Chinchou as a bulky attacker and it can keep momentum through the use of Volt Switch. Larvesta on the other hand, is more of a pokemon that I would keep in but still uses U-Turn when the time is right. I used Flame Charge to help raise my Speed and then by the time Berry Juice pops, I should have used it once or twice. Then, I can use Acrobatics because it will be boosted or I could try to Flinch with Zen Headbutt.

Last edited:
Had a team with that core:

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SDef / 236 Spd
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Destiny Bond

Tyrunt @ Eviolite
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 52 HP / 44 Atk / 140 Def / 236 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SDef / 116 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Brick Break

Trubbish @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 Spd / 36 HP / 36 Atk / 100 Def / 100 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Recycle

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 236 SAtk / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp

Spritzee (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 16 SAtk / 76 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 SDef
- Protect
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

I don't usually make balance but this core works incredibly well and checks a lot of the metagame with Spritzee Wish support. Eviolite Tyrunt is one of the only reliable Murkrow switch-ins and it basically lures in anything that Spritzee can take and spreads hazard damage as well as weakening Fighting-types. The idea behind the team is to use the core to wear down Scarf Pawniard OR Carvanha counters. Carvanha is generally used first if possible to get rid of mienfoo, opposing pawniard, or Meditite which allows Pawniard to sweep. However if Speed is an issue (or if there's a Substitute Missy which can possibly Sub on the Protect), Pawniard can use Knock Off or Brick Break in a last ditch effort to revenge kill and cripple Carvanha counters.

Last edited:
In it to win it.

(holy shit the shiny is real)

Well, I guess I should put my teambuilding process again, I recommend reading it. You may learn something :D

I started with these two, as you probably expected. However, I decided to take a different approach than I usually do when I build teams. Instead of finding a pokemon that beats Pawniard's switch-ins, I decided to find a pokemon thats switch-ins are beaten by Pawniard. So, what does Pawniard beat? Ghost types. What is walled af by Ghost types?...

Bunnelby tho. The power of this thing is ridiculous. Anyways, now, I need to find something that is weak to something Spritzee beats. I think to myself, What does Spritzee actually beat, it's a wall for goodness sake's. I came up with Fighting types and Dark types. Now I think, What loses to Fighting types/Dark types?

At this point, I look at my team and it looks good. 2 walls, 2 wallbreakers, looks good. But then, something just jumps out at me.

So, yeah, I just get destroyed by Meditite, I'm just so tired of this thing. I just cry every night in my sleep because it haunts me in my dreams. The one thing I have to kill this thing dies and then it just destroys my soul (help me ;~;).

So, anyways, I need something that can just beat this thing. I throw the Tite counter onto the team.

Yay, the Wynaut is here, to redeem us from insta-death. So, anyways, it looks like the team is good. I figure I have a decent Ground weakness, and my team is pretty slow, so I decided to add something else that would make the team even better.

I'm sorry for using this,but be glad I'm not the "I insta-kill you" version. Looking at my team, I think it looks really good and that I'm ready to go.

Since I know that you read the Teambuilding Process, let's go into the sets.

Bonus Question: What reference are the team member's names making? If ye get it right I love ye 5eva :D

Billy (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 Def / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

The first thing that pops up is Pursuit over Knock Off. I know it's really awkward, but I'll explain it in a second. Remember when I said I used Pawniard to KO Ghosts that give Bunnelby trouble (You don't? Read the freaking Teambuilding Process plz <3)? Well, that's the main reason why I run Pursuit over Knock Off. Sucker Punch is too important to give up, so Knock Off is what goes. Anyways, Pawn can beat all Ghosts if I predict correctly (which I do, sometimes >_>), and mainly what it does. It also sets up SR, which is nice, and Iron for second STAB ^w^

RJ (Spritzee) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind

Physical Wall #2, Spritzee is the glue for the team, Wishing wishes to every member so that they can stay healthy and fit :D. Moonblast is good STAB, Wish is Wish, Protect lets Spritzee take any hit while the Wish comes, and Calm Mind makes it a good cleaner. Nothing really to say, except don't stare into Shiny Spritzee's eyes. Creepy af >_>

Tony (Bunnelby) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 220 Spd / 228 Atk / 60 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Thief

So Bunnelby, one of the best Wallbreakers in the meta, is here to destroy stuf. Choice Scarf lets it outspeed stuff, even with its below-average Speed. Return hits so freaking hard, there is almost nothing that doesn't get 2HKO'd that isn't bulky af or resists it. Earthquake is such a good coverage move, hitting Rock and Steels. U-Turn is so good for scouting, and Thief hits Missy if Pawn is ded.

Kimberly (Wynaut) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 132 SDef / 132 Def / 236 HP / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard
Special Wall, Wynaut is just so bulky. Taking even SE hits with ease, it can KO at least 2 pokemon in every match if played right. CounterCoat is just so good with bulk + Shadow Tag, KOing almost everything. Encore is good for those people that think they can freely set up on the happy troll, and Safeguard is cool if you encore a status move, I guess, though I've been considering replacing it with Tickle since I have a Pursuit-er. The 0 IVs are so good, only take 40% from Foul Play and only taking 3% from confusion... 3%. Pretty cool, yo.

Amy (Murkrow) @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 100 SDef / 148 Atk / 100 Def / 108 Spd / 52 HP
Serious Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Taunt

Murkrow is the 4th wall of the team, and what I consider Troll #2. It can take a surprising amount of hits, considering how frail it is. Prankster is just too good tbh. Thunder Wave helps slow things down for mainly Cranidos. Roost is recovery. Brave Bird is still a very hard hitting STAB. Taunt is nice for leads and things reliant on status moves.

Dwayne (Cranidos) @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 Atk / 212 Spd / 60 HP
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Wallbreaker #2, Cranidos is just so power. The same Attack as Gyarados, Landorus, and other monsters from OU, you can imagine what doesn't die to Life Orb Sheer Force Boosted moves. Rock Slide just hits so hard, almost as hard as a particular
150 BP STAB Move off of 22 Attack that we all know and love. Crunch hits all non-Pawniard Steels at least neutrally, and most Ground types. Zen Headbutt hits Fighting types extremely hard. Earthquake hits Pawniard, the only resistor of all three moves.

Yeah, not as good as my previous team, but I believe that it is still pretty good. Thank you for reading and lets see if we can not get Second this time ^_^

Team C/P, steal if ye want

Billy (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 Def / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

RJ (Spritzee) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind

Tony (Bunnelby) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 220 Spd / 228 Atk / 60 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Thief

Kimberly (Wynaut) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 132 SDef / 132 Def / 236 HP / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard

Dwayne (Cranidos) @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 Atk / 212 Spd / 60 HP
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Amy (Murkrow) @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 100 SDef / 148 Atk / 100 Def / 108 Spd / 52 HP
Serious Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Taunt

EDIT: 100th post ^_^ so yeah

Last edited:

Anthiese

formerly Jac
OH THE LUCK IS REAL

I already have a team with this core and this team is a bit odd as it's a stally team.

Hippo Hop (Hippopotas) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 132 Def / 180 SDef / 20 Spd
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Darkwing Dyke (Vullaby) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 76 SDef / 76 Atk / 236 Def / 116 HP
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Pyro Jack (Pumpkaboo-Super) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 68 Atk / 196 Def / 76 SDef / 164 HP
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Squigly (Shellos) (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 136 Def / 180 SDef / 152 HP / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Recover

Steely Dan (Pawniard) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 Spd / 36 Def / 36 SDef
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Death Cleric (Spritzee) (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 12 SAtk / 212 HP / 196 Def / 76 SDef
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Basically this team was built when i wanted to stall without using regen.

Hippopotas is really bulky and is oft used as the lead to set up SS and get some early damage in. I cant really decide if i wanna be bird fodder/hazardless so i change it every few matches

Vullaby is my first phsycal wall and defogger. I dont like hazards on my end because it saps up their bulk. So what better way of getting rid of it? Knock Off is obligitory as you know, Roost to heal and set up sweepers are annoying so i just blaw them away. Sometimes i'll switch it up and run Brave Bird instead

Pumpkaboo-Super is one of the fattest ghosts in LC. This set seems odd at first
but it stands up to Acro Fletch who is a bane and other physical attackers who think it cant be 2hko'd by their Acro. I use Protect to scout but i might change it out for another damaging move since sometimes it leaves me open to trouble.

Shellos and it's Sticky Hold naturally created issues since it has to tank hits but it scares off most Knock Off mons not named Timburr. The good thing is that i can give Spritzee a run for it's money with this set up. If i get the SDef drops.

Pawniard is my scarf revenger who loves smacking items out of hands. The set consisting of Iron Dead Fairies Head, Sucker Hit First Punch, Brick Break other PAwniards, and Knock your item Off. Defiant gets me some lucky ass boosts sometimes.

Spritzee is my main cleric and a mixed wall. Wish/Aroma keeps my team healthy and PRotect scouts trolly things i dont like. Based Moonblast with it's based satk drops will keep anythign special threats.

This team is p old and was pre gligar/swirlix ban so it's carried me though the ladder on it's fat balky back. Hope it's good enough to turn heads.

EDIT: iunno how hide tags work

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lcsuspecttest-100011949

This is exactly how my team is supposed to work. Pumpkaboo is a fucking tank and missed a lot of WOWs in this match ;w; and yeah Hippopotas has Rock Slide > Stealth Rock for now to troll Levitators but no SR means no constant damage.

Last edited:
Just gonna post my flexistall team with spritzee over snubbull as its so badass.

Stealing Jac's Set (Spritzee) (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 12 SAtk / 212 HP / 196 Def / 76 SDef
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Trubbish @ Berry Juice
EVs: 116 HP / 36 Atk / 100 Def / 20 SDef / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes
- Recycle

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SDef / 36 Spd
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes

Frillish @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 76 SAtk / 76 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Brick Break

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 132 Def / 180 SDef / 20 Spd
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
Will add in details and hidetag once I stop being lazy/learn how to do them for the 100th time..

Are we still doing this? Cause if not then I wasted my whole afternoon on this.

Anyway here's my team.

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Spritzee @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 HP / 36 SAtk / 236 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 236 Def / 36 SAtk / 40 SDef
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 76 SAtk / 76 SDef / 76 Spd
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb

Chinchou @ Eviolite
EVs: 232 SAtk / 56 SDef / 220 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

Murkrow @ Life Orb
EVs: 240 Atk / 80 SAtk / 188 Spd
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave
- Sucker Punch

My teambuilding process goes like this: I misread the thread and thought it was Slowpoke/Foongus week and built a team based on that. Now any Slowpoke/Foongus team will be pretty weak to Murkrow, so the next two pokemon I added because of their resistance to Murkrow's attacks. Pawniard resists Dark moves, Chinchou resists Heat Wave, and both resist flying moves. Now any team with two pokemon as defensive as Slowpoke and Foongus and a pokemon as vulnerable to burn as Pawniard are going to need a cleric of some sort to support them. But should Chinchou be the cleric? I decided against this to maximize Chinchou's coverage. But who would be the cleric instead? I decided on Spritzee since it resisted both fighting and dark and could wishpass (helpful to the pokemon without regenerator) and hit opponents with Moonblast, which would help with dark types and fighting types not weak to Psychic. This synergizes nicely with Chinchou and Pawniard as well since they both resist Spritzee's common weaknesses. Finally I wanted to round out the team with some sort of fast, strong, physically attacking flying type, so I went with Fletchling. I decided on that because quite frankly I just wanted to use Fletchling. I used a Berry Juice set with Acrobatics/Roost/Overheat/U-Turn and it was...okay I guess. U-Turn did minimal damage, Overheat was used maybe twice in 10 games, AcroJuice was nothing to write home about, and I didn't use Roost once. I eventually realized that everything Fletchling could do, Murkrow could do better, so I made the switch and haven't looked back. A final note about the nicknames - I thought this team was going to be terrible, so I named them all after terrible websites.

Now onto detailed information for the sets. No images because I'm lazy. EDIT: I lied. I am a lying liar who lies.

Gamespot (Pawniard) (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Mostly standard school bully Pawniard. He walks around the lunchroom with his leather jacket on knocking books, juice, and Eviolites out of people's hands and then Sucker Punching them when they go to pick it up. Brick Break is used over Swords Dance here because otherwise this team would have absolutely no easy answers to other Pawniards. The speed investment is absolutely necessary for similar reasons. Aside from fighting types, the only thing he really has to worry about is getting burned, which is taken care of by...

Polygon (Spritzee) (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 HP / 36 SAtk / 236 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish

Burnt? Paralyzed? Toxic'd? Low health? Not a problem. Spritzee solves all of those problems and Moonblasts uppity dark and fighting types. His considerable bulk and healing ability also help to wall special attackers that lack Sludge Wave or Flash Cannon. Lots of HP EVs ensure that Spritzee passes huge wishes. There have even been a few occasions where the dragon invulnerability has come in handy if you can believe it. He's like the Chansey of LC, passing huge wishes, healing status, and laughing at special attackers. However, like Chansey he can easily be killed by physical attackers that exploit his weaknesses and use Knock Off. To make up for his relative physical defense, we have a physical wall in the form of...

Kotaku (Slowpoke) (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 236 Def / 36 SAtk / 40 SDef
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Slowpoke is this team's answer to many, many things and it mostly stems from one move: Thunder Wave. I have foiled more passers and smashers with Thunder Wave than I have with Clear Smog or Spore. Murkrow and Misdreavus are utterly crippled against TWave if they lack Substitute. Even many physical sweepers are more immediately vulnerable to Thunder Wave than Scald. Think about it - Scald only gives you a 30% chance to weaken them but TWave gives you a 100% chance to go first next turn as long as they don't have priority. TWave is just that good. I still won't give up Scald though, the burn is extremely useful in winning stall wars and in beating slower pokemon. Psychic is the other STAB move that sees use only when dark types are dead and Slack Off is obviously for healing. Slowpoke's resistances mean that Meditites without Thunderpunch can't touch it and other fighting types struggle against it just as much.

IGN (Foongus) (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 76 SAtk / 76 SDef / 76 Spd
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb

I mentioned before that Thunder Wave was better at dealing with Shell Smashers than Clear Smog. I stand by this statement, but I must still emphasize the importance of Clear Smog on this set. On StudyJuice Smashers, Clear Smog will do enough damage to them to debuff them and break Sturdy without triggering Berry Juice, leaving an opportunity to either kill them outright (Tirtoruga) or whittle down their health (the rest) with Giga Drain. Fairies can also sometimes be problematic for this team if Pawniard dies, so Sludge Bomb is also an important move for this set. As for Spore, what else is there to say that hasn't already been said? It's basically an OHKO move if your opponent doesn't have a cleric.

Game Informer (Chinchou) (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 232 SAtk / 56 SDef / 220 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

With a nice set of resistances and one of the strongest movepools in all of LC, Chinchou is an important addition to the team. Volt Switch is the main attacking move with Hydro Pump being a secondary option for when you absolutely need to kill something. Ice Beam and HP Grass are coverage moves, with Ice Beam hitting grass types and HP Grass hitting other Chinchou. The latter is particularly important for this team because Chinchou can demolish this team easily, depending on the build. Along with HP Grass, I'm running Ice Beam as opposed to Soak because there are few times when I'd rather change an opponent's type than switch to something that can handle it better. This particular spread trades speed and bulk for power, and it almost always pays off because of the wish support provided by Spritzee.

Destructoid (Murkrow) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 240 Atk / 80 SAtk / 188 Spd
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave
- Sucker Punch

As I said earlier, this was originally Fletchling until I remembered that Murkrow outclasses Fletchling in every way except style. This is another fairly standard set. Brave Bird is the most damaging attack but the damage Murkrow takes from both recoil and Life Orb is extremely significant, such that even wishpassing doesn't fully compensate for it. Because of this, Dark Pulse and Heat Wave end up being the main attacking moves. Sucker Punch is the second of only two priority moves on the entire team, so it's pretty damn important as well. Great speed, great attack, great typing, great movepool...why can't Fletchling be this good?

So yeah, pretty solid team overall. It's not without faults - Archen is certainly a problem, Substitute is hard to deal with, I haven't tested against Timburr but it doesn't seem too favorable, and if any of the walls die before taking out a Shell Smasher the team is generally in big trouble. It also technically wasn't designed for this week but hey, if the shoe fits...

Last edited:

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I also hope this thread isn't dead...Let's post my entry!

Sandshrew @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Atk / 156 Def / 36 SDef / 36 Spd
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Mantyke @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 116 SAtk / 116 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Air Slash
- Sleep Talk

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 160 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SDef / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brick Break
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Trubbish @ Berry Juice
EVs: 116 HP / 36 Atk / 100 Def / 20 SDef / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Recycle
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Spritzee @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SAtk / 12 Spd / 76 SDef
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Misdreavus @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 SAtk / 36 HP
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Dazzling Gleam
Let's go through my team one by one:

Sandshrew:
Yes, I know that is is not very good in LC. However, I am writing the Sandshrew analysis, so I wanted experience using him. My choice of Sandshrew essentially determined the rest of my team: it needs to be defensive or balanced so Sandshrew's better physical bulk is worth using over Drilbur's better everything else, a Spikes user to make Rapid Spin worth using over Defog, a Pawniard to discourage my opponent from Defogging, a ghost-type to stop my opponent from spinning, a cleric because sandshrew has no recovery, and someone weak to Stealth Rock so that Sandshrew has someone to spin for. At least now I know why he's D rank... In terms of synergy, Sandshrew's Water weakness is covered by Mantyke, Grass is covered by Pawniard and Trubbish, and Ice is covered by Pawniard.

Mantyke: My SR weak Pokemon. It has a mostly standard RestTalk set. It has a lot of bulk (the final stats being 23 HP / 21 Def / 30 SpD with Eviolite factored in. It is also one of the few team members with their own instant recovery. Finally, Water Absorb has helped me in many battles. In terms of synergy, Mantyke's Electric weakness is covered by Sandshrew, and Rock is covered by Sandshrew and Pawniard.

Pawniard: Pawniard is on this team for one reason only: Defiant. As my team centers around hazard stacking, I need one of these guys to make the opponent not want to Defog my hazards away. I use an Eviolite set for the extra bulk, and Brick Break so that I can stop opposing Pawniard. In terms of synergy, Pawniard's Fighting weakness is covered by Trubbish, Spritzee, and Misdreavus, Ground is covered by Mantyke and Misdreavus, and Fire is covered by Mantyke.

Trubbish: Despite its name, this Pokemon is neither trash nor rubbish. It is actually my most important team member, setting the Spikes that this team thrives on. It also makes a great Knock Off absorber, as Sticky Hold means that it will always keep its item. Recycle and the Berry Juice work incredibly well together. It's like Recover, but better. In terms of synergy, Trubbish's Ground weakness is covered by Mantyke and Misdreavus, and Psychic is covered by Pawniard.

Spritzee: When I realized that my team needs a cleric, I decided to use Spritzee so that I could enter my team here using the Pawniard-Spritzee core. There isn't much to say about Spritzee. It has a standard cleric set, which often heals Mantyke from its self-inflicted sleep. In terms of synergy, its Poison weakness is covered by Sandshrew, Pawniard, Trubbish, and Misdreavus, and Steel is covered by Pawniard and Mantyke.

Misdreavus: Misdreavus is my other team member who can stop hazard removal, by being a spinblocker. I usually lead with it, possibly Taunt a supportive Pokemon, and switch out to either Trubbish or Sandshrew, depending on whether Spikes or Stealth Rock look to be more useful that match. In terms of synergy, its Ghost weakness is covered by Pawniard, and Dark is covered by Pawniard and Spritzee.
So, that's my team! I hope people like it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)