2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a couple of teams of the seasons posted, I'm not gonna do a team of the season cos it's just gonna be the same thing - Suarez, Sturridge and whatever players managed to keep fit the whole season (someone might throw in the odd underrated Delph or Marshall or Jedinak). I wanna ask instead, what's the best team you can build out of the PL if all players were fit i.e. who are the best players in the PL to make the best team of the PL. Here's mine:

Lloris;
Coleman, Kompany, Koscielny, Evra;
Yaya, Flamini;
Hazard, Rooney, Suarez;
Aguero.

Only ones I wasn't sure on was Coleman and Flamini. Coleman because I really really like Zabaleta and the two of them are basically the same thing but Coleman's shots have gone in this season and Zaba gave away a penalty last week while I don't remember Coleman making a mistake like that all season so YOLO Coleman is in the team. Flamini narrowly got in ahead of Ramsey because I don't trust Yaya to defend, and ahead of Matic because depressingly enough he has been Arsenal's best player all season (apart from Ramsey) and looks like the hardman with the best positional awareness out of the top teams. Koscielny is in there cos I couldn't think of a better player to partner Kompany.

Explanation of the front four: Suarez out on the left because he has played there before and Rodgers still plays him there sometimes, and it has no effect on his goalscoring form at all. Hazard on the right because right-footed player on the right = why not, and Mourinho sometimes plays him there and he often switches flanks during matches anyway. Rooney with a free role, sometimes midfield, sometimes striker, he does it well. I think the team looks pretty solid!

There was nothing lucky about that. Chelsea were the better team.
Psg had moments but never took them.

Rey Napoli were better in that match than Psg in this one.

On the Real vs Dortmund game:
It's amazing to think that Mkhitaryan was the top scorer for Shakhtar in their league last year.
Two sitters failed with both.

oh and Reus>Bale.

Last edited:
lol at Chelsea lumping the ball forward and searching for second balls

somewhere out there sam alladyce and tony pulis must be shedding tears of joy watching this beautiful football

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Real Madrid was pathetic today, what a shameful display... Not only they were terrible at playing (they made many mistakes both defending and attacking), but they were also lucky with the referee calls and Dortmund's goal chances (Mkhitaryan missed 2 amazing opportunities lol) and they even had to waste time with switches / throw-ins. Real Madrid will have no chance in semifinals (whoever they play, doesn't matter) if they play as bad as today.

Winning like this is a shame, honestly.

I think I've finally figured out why Chelsea bought so many unnecessary attacking midfielders and young players in the last couple of years. First of all because they can because they have the money and it denies rivals like Spurs and Liverpool a chance to buy promising players and develop. But secondly starting from this year they won't be able to spend like that anymore because of FFP, so by spending the cash before FFP kicks in they can sell these players when they need cash and not break FFP rules! Clever by Abramovic, and City didn't seem to be clever enough to do this although they have their dodgey sponsorship deal to feed them the $$$ billions.

So Chelsea have been buying and then loaning out all these young players so they can keep a huge pool of money, and Mourinho can sell the likes of De Bruyne and Mata to fund whoever he wanted in January, and next window he still has shitloads of players like Marin, Atsu, Moses, Lukaku, Traore, Zouma, Van Ginkel, Romeu, Piazon, the list goes on, to sell if he needs money, not even mentioning his full first team squad which a manager usually has to buy or sell with. So yeah I think that's why they bought 3 teams worth of midfielders :D :D

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
and youre from sweden supporting chelsea?

just embrace supporting the joke of football man, you chose the ways of the plastic
The very fact that you're specifically targeting Chelsea and have been doing so for a while, is a massive complement.
Chelsea's success makes you jealous and reminds you of Napoli's lack thereof. Even you know that calling Chelsea a 'joke' is more than just nonsense, but just think about what that makes Napoli. Having watched tonight's game and calling Chelsea 'lucky' shows us that you have absolutely no idea as to what that word really means and that every thing you say must be taken with more than just a pinch of salt. Reyscarface, you're what they call 'special'.

The very fact that you're specifically targeting Chelsea and have been doing so for a while, is a massive complement.
Chelsea's success makes you jealous and reminds you of Napoli's lack thereof. Even you know that calling Chelsea a 'joke' is more than just nonsense, but just think about what that makes Napoli. Having watched tonight's game and calling Chelsea 'lucky' shows us that you have absolutely no idea as to what that word really means and that every thing you say must be taken with more than just a pinch of salt. Reyscarface, you're what they call 'special'.
Yeah, Chelsea's success before Abramovich made me jealous too. You guys supported Chelsea then right?

Look, it's a free world so reyscarface is perfectly entitled to have his opinions regarding Chelsea.
However, personally I love the club, and not just for it's recent success.
The early days with players like Peter Osgood were really good too, and I maintain that the old days(even if it was winning the Second Division Championship) were just as glorious for a true Chelsea fan as the current scenario.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I also think chelsea is a joke and there is no reason to be jealous for me =d

But City is more fun. They spend craploads of money and don't even make cl quarters. And it's not even a surprise if you sign Agüero, Dzeko, Jovetic and Negredo, but have Demichelis and Lescott as CBs.

I also like the fact that QPR are spending more on wages than Borussia Dortmund.

Why do you have so many shitty managers in England? So much money, but not a single clue what to do with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)