Media One Piece (spoilers!)

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Quick thought: what if Law's hatred of Quixote is because he can't remember why he would trust him? If he was apart of his crew, and to protect someone (or thing) he had them turned into a toy, then he'd dislike Quixote. Seeing him for what he is.

If Quixote protected something precious from Law by making them a toy then they'd both forget about it, meaning that if everyone who was a toy became real then they remember the bonds which they share. It doesn't excuse the sea stone but it could be as simple as Law remembering a key somewhere to make sure Quixote doesn't die.

This means that there would be enough villains for the warriors to face. Kyros will battle Flamingo while Luffy battles the (newly remembered) Law. Might be some bullshit talking (aka Naruto) to switch Law back but it's a thought nonetheless.
This idea has two very big flaws:

1. As you already mentioned, Seastone cuffs.
2. As we saw, the head was severed by Kyros, which means that if Law did this, that DD would have died without Law's help, which is obviously not plausible.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
possible but seems like Law remembers whoever is related to his past, as in when DD shot him he was all "kora-san"
Just saying that clearly Room happened and it happened after the toys were reverted back. Might be some hidden bond Quixote and Law share that they had toyed up.

EDIT:

okay not clearly. Quixote looks a little rocky and stiff. and he has the same facial expression after his head is cut off. So might be the works of pica making a duplicate.

EDIT 2:

Also look at some hero's precious BB pirate shaken by the power of Sabo.

So, the more I've been thinking about it, the more and more I believe Doflamingo is really and truly dead; or at least, Kyros actually beheaded him. I know we're all expecting him to somehow be fine and for Luffy to be the one to take him down, but thematically it makes sense for Kyros to finish him here and now. Even if Doflamingo survives somehow, he's lost everything. Getting punched through a wall would just be a formality. We have no idea how strong Kyros is (being admiral level is even a possibility, though a significant stretch), and he has a hell of a right to kill Doflamingo; far more than Luffy, who only really got angry at him when he shot Law. And Law seems about as fine as be can be. I know it's quite unusual for the big bad of the arc to get offed like this, but a) that's what makes the twist so great, and b) there is still the possibility that someone else was the end boss of Dressrosa this whole time. Anyway, as far as possible ways Doflamingo survived go:

• Pica made a copy golem and switched it with Doflamingo. Unlikely, given that all eyes were on him at all times. There's no way this could happen without anyone noticing.
  • Doflamingo somehow forced Law to use Room to separate him beforehand after shooting him, or Law used Room just now. I don't see this at all. Being able to force Room's activation does not seem like it should be possible, and Law is currently in seastone cuffs.
  • Law used Room to split Doflamingo up back when he worked for him. I don't see this one happening, since Law would've just Shamblesed off Doflamingo's head when they were fighting.
  • DOFLAMINGO IS A TONTANTA IN A MANSUIT! A MANSUIT, I TELL YOU!

If Doflamingo isn't actually dead, then my money is on Luffy immediately freeing Law after smacking Baby 5 / Buffalo's shit, and Law uses Room to preserve Doflamingo because he needs him for some reason.

Last edited:

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Didn't Law free himself from seastone cuffs in Punk Hazard with a really shitty asspulled reason? "Oh I've scattered a couple fake cuffs throughout the lab so maybe they'd use one on me if I ever got caught"? Or at least that's what the shitty Mangapanda translation told me.

OK I went back to see if I can get anything, and all I can see is Law noticing Curos before anyone else and DF talking to his subordinates naturally before he got beheaded. That and there was no blood involved.

Law couldn't have rigged the place with fake cuffs because unlike Dressrosa he spent months at Punk Hazard. Seeing how there is no blood involved in the scene and Pica disappeared just before this whole thing took place, I believe it was DF's own fruit powers that saved him, turning his body into a literal stringy thread that can be reattached at any time (without any Haki involved). That, or Curos's sword is made out of Sea Stone and couldn't have been blocked, which is improbable.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
OK I went back to see if I can get anything, and all I can see is Law noticing Curos before anyone else and DF talking to his subordinates naturally before he got beheaded. That and there was no blood involved.

Law couldn't have rigged the place with fake cuffs because unlike Dressrosa he spent months at Punk Hazard. Seeing how there is no blood involved in the scene and Pica disappeared just before this whole thing took place, I believe it was DF's own fruit powers that saved him, turning his body into a literal stringy thread that can be reattached at any time (without any Haki involved). That, or Curos's sword is made out of Sea Stone and couldn't have been blocked, which is improbable.
If it was DD's DF power, his crewmates wouldn't be surprised, which clearly isn't the case.

Well, this could be another Sengoku moment, a character is so OP and has enough strong crewmen around him that he never has to reveal the true extent of his devil fruit until something extra ordinary happens which happens to surprise everyone. I mean look at Doffy during the war, he was puppeteering Jozu, dancing around with Crocodile and basically raping Smoker and sending Sanji down flying. Aside from Vergo who has been there for him since forever and might have seen him beat up, I don't think Flamingo had his shit screwed up so badly as of now.

Then again this is all speculation as it's hard to believe he is a logia to begin with or that Paramecia can go that far, so yeah.

Looks like manga's out early, just finished the japanese version. Expect it tomorrow..

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Didn't Law free himself from seastone cuffs in Punk Hazard with a really shitty asspulled reason? "Oh I've scattered a couple fake cuffs throughout the lab so maybe they'd use one on me if I ever got caught"? Or at least that's what the shitty Mangapanda translation told me.
I don't think he expected anyone to use the real handcuffs on him. He said he was able to switch the seastone ones with the normal ones right before they cuffed him I believe. Still kind of an asspull but also a little smart, eh?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I don't think he expected anyone to use the real handcuffs on him. He said he was able to switch the seastone ones with the normal ones right before they cuffed him I believe. Still kind of an asspull but also a little smart, eh?
Oh, I can kind of accept that then. Better than banking on sheer luck, at least.

The translated version is slow huh

and there won't be OP next week...

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
sssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

so is no chapter confirmed next week?

also another step in the direction of the captain usopp and his 8000 followers lie coming true :P

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
All in all great chapter, but the Ussop thing would have been 100 times better if it wasn't an exact remake of Buggy's situation.

Really curious to see what the fuck is up with Mingo, and to see the backstory of him and Law.

And finally, the idiotic theory of Sanji getting the Mera Mera is over.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Before reading this chapter, I was upset about the idea of Sabo getting the Mera Mera no Mi at first, thinking he would become Ace 2.0, but now that I actually read the chapter, I'm okay incredibly pleased with this change of events. We even got Sabo's position in the Revolutionaries (Chief of Staff and Dragon's #2, which is not surprising given his immense power). Usopp's being treated like a god gave me a good laugh amidst all the chaos in Dressrosa, which is a great bonus.

Also, wtf did Doflamingo mean when he mentioned "bird cage"?

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Also, wtf did Doflamingo mean when he mentioned "bird cage"?
i think it has to do something with manipulating the castle because he only mentioned it once pica was around

whatever it is, law was shitfaced. maybe it reminds him of kora-san ?_?

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
All in all great chapter, but the Ussop thing would have been 100 times better if it wasn't an exact remake of Buggy's situation.

Really curious to see what the fuck is up with Mingo, and to see the backstory of him and Law.

And finally, the idiotic theory of Sanji getting the Mera Mera is over.
just because you didn't agree with it doesn't mean it's idiotic lol; there was plenty of foreshadowing for it...namely Sanji's fire / heat based attacked and his frequent super saiyin explosions of fire

Yes, there may have been other things pointing in the other direction, like the existence of Blue Walk, but it doesn't make the theory idiotic at all.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
It's idiotic because the time skip would have been completely pointless if Sanji still needed a power up to be near Luffy's and Zoro's level. The main reason for the time skip was to make the main characters strong enough for the NW, and Sanji eating the Mera Mera would contradict that. It just makes zero sense from a storytelling point of view.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)