2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
just a fyi, sweepage was a manchester city supporter then suddenly became an Inter supporter, and his vagina is just full of sand because his new favorite team is absolute garbage. he changes teams as much as he quits Pokemon. next year he supports Barcelona just wait for it

but yeah, ignore him, hes kinda really dum. he doesnt understand "i like dortmund" =/= "im a dortmund fan". dont hold it against him

and Haunter youre completely spot on and i agree with everything youve said. and for the guys in this thread, haunter is a lawyer if you didnt know and he probably knows more about the legality of shit more than you ever will.

yeah man lie to these ppl tell then i support man $hity lmao. i hope thatll help you sleep at night. you do realize i have logs and time stamps on irc all the way back to msn of me supporting ma boys inter. ps. Zak91 can back me up too :). but the facts prove youre plastic shit. anyway done wasting time on this forum and plastic shit like u. lmao it was so funny when i read your post.. you proved to me how much i pissed you off and how much it got to you. you had to put out a blatant lie lmao.

(unless you mistakened me with matt who is a mancity supporter. but hey unlike you he actually lives there)

Reactions: HBK
That's why I don't support FFP completely, I would actually like to see private donations be allowed since it does no harm to the club's finances. And I should be able to donate to whatever business I like right?

that

Billionaires not just donating money but also taking control is the other side of the coin that nobody likes. They're using a football club as a commercial vehicle to get their country on the map. It's kind of bizarre and I don't know how to prevent this. This could be a huge discussion and you can say it comes with the territory of capitalism or you could look at how the GAA clubs in Ireland run themselves or you could say a strict enforced FFP is the answer (see below)...

At the moment ideologically I'm happy to live with it and I'd like to just think most of the complaining is from fans of bigger clubs seeing that some small club now has better players than them and getting butthurt. Nobody gives a shit about Blackburn right? Why? They have the same situation as Chelsea/City/PSG except their owners are retarded.

Most people in the know believe FFP will be enforced in its current form but big clubs will find ways around it because there are too many easy loopholes. Look at City's sponsor giving them billions over the next 10 years. Guess who owns City's sponsors? City's owners of course! That makes a joke of the rules lol!

If all FFP does is prevent some small clubs from going bust then it will have been a success imo, you can't hope too much from this world really...
you can say that about GAA clubs but they kinda prove his point about the FFP rule screwing over smaller clubs. Tha GAA club all Ireland is won by the same teams year after year and small clubs barely ever get a say in (this year being an exception) if UEFA enforced a FFP rule big clubs would stay big and smaller clubs would never get a say in (unless they do a Dortmund on it) or maybe I'm just talking bull and I just wanted an excuse to talk about GAA XD

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
why is it assumed as a given that the only way for a club to improve is by spending cash in the transfer market? does FFP prevent clubs from investing in their own academy system or from developing/hiring better coaching staff...?

because improving facilities doesnt give you an instant team of world class players. to win whatever you want.
teams that deserve thier chances at the big time are being hindered by these clubs owned by rich owners.

no its all on Rooney for forgetting that has can shoot, and Evra forgetting to do some defending.

now Arsenal will quietly drop points and we will sneak 4th.

The loss to Athletico looked inevitable :/

Was expecting a worse defeat than 1-0. Fuck it. Good luck to Athletico

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
because improving facilities doesnt give you an instant team of world class players. to win whatever you want.
teams that deserve thier chances at the big time are being hindered by these clubs owned by rich owners.
You can only improve by buying a lot of world class players, just look at Atlético or Dortmund. They really wish they were as succesfull as Manchester City.

yes but City were a mid table side, no oil money, they would still be a mid table side. and teams like Everton and Spurs who have grew over time would be there instead.

and these stupid rich owner clubs are inflating the transfer market prices.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I don't doubt that. I just wanted to say, that it's possible to reach CL (semi)finals without a sugar daddy

And if you can reacht the final, you can also win the whole thing

never said it wasn't possible, United have won it without one.
it is just harder for those without a suger daddy to qualify

The end of an era for Barca.
This game reminded me of the bayern game last year where Barca were completely outclassed from start to finish. How this game finished 1-0 to Atletico was beyond me.
Fabregas was invisible today like most big matches, Messi was unable to influence the game and now Atletico are into the semi-final for the first time in 40 years.

phalanx you do know United are one of the richest teams in the world. Your squad is worth more than chelsea's only behind City and Madrid.

I also think I should note than Chelsea are okay in regards to FFP.

yes but we dont have a sugerdaddy in charge, we have a leach, big differance.
and we bought our expencive players in differant seasons rather then all in one lump.

I wouldn't say it's an end of an era for Barca. Barca will always be a great team. (I hope)

We needed our defenders to beat Athletico and last year we needed Messi. Not that he would have saved us from Munich tbh. They were simply the best and possibly still are.

I would say it's an end of an era for United, though.

Nah I like it coming from mirza, a Barcelona "fan" that I'm sure watches La Liga weekly and surely knows how to correctly spell one of the top clubs in "his" league.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
bold prediction for the year: man u has more points in league play than barca next year.

Im really concerned about both barcelona's backline and GK spot with no ability to bring in new players. On the other hand, man u have been playing much better towards the end of the season, and was capable of performing like a top level team still this year, as evidenced by their away record. I see them as being roughly the fourth place team next year. They will also presumably splurge money on someone over the summer, to continue to improve. If barcelona can't bring in any more cbs and have pinto at gk all year i really worry about their performance a lot more.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
The Champions League is going to be so much more entertaining without those red cunts and it's cute that their fans actually think that they can still qualify. Like that brief moment following Evra's goal for which they actually thought that they'd beat Bayern who were clearly taking it easy on them. Their optimism will make it all the more enjoyable for every one to watch United finish 7th.

Not surprised that Atletico won; this is their year, although I had doubts when I heard that Costa was out. And Barca are overrated. As good as they are, I think that we can actually beat Atletico so I hope that we're drawn against them. Not to mention the fact that Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich will make for a very tasty semi final. Looking forward to what will, hopefully, end in a draw at Anfield :)

And I get it, clubs with rich owners are bad blah blah blah plastic fans blah blah blah but not every club can get lucky with good home grown talent from their academy and a manager who can work wonders on a low/average budget. In an ideal world, there would be no mega rich owners bankrolling clubs and all clubs would still be able to challenge for every prize.

Last edited:

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Assign three guys to mark Messi and Barcelona are taken care of. They bought Neymar to give them some one else to depend on when Messi's taken out of the equation but he's no Messi. The secret formula to beat Barcelona is not so secret anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)