Multifaction/FFA BIGS 2 - Game Over! NPC alice Wins! SC1 Winner: jumpluff; SC2 Winner: Ullar

I know all the names of your tears
And numbers of these lonely years
I know all the someone's somedays
Don't believe them anyway

In a darkened room
Write it on a black balloon
Then watch it fade from view
Save a secret for the moon

I can show you sadder poetry
Than you ever dreamed there could be
I know all the saddest people
Most of them are dead now

When you love someone
You can always tell the sun
It will be twilight soon
Save a secret for the moon

Sad little moon in the big black sky.
All alone, hang your head and cry.

Sad little moon in the timeless night.
You may sleep, but you will never die.

You didn't need them, your Sunday friends.
And so you watched them like grains of sand,
Running one by one out of your hands,
Softly falling.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
DEADLINE

hOPY SPUDS the final four! Or should I say... final two?

First, brave mireille sees a knife flying at her owner. She quickly runs and shoves her out of the way, but is stabbed through her robot heart herself. The cut somehow turns out to be the shape of a star. mireille was nothing but a shell, though a brave one!

Next, Flaaffy finds herself with the great misfortune to have been buried under a pile of sand. Ouch!
Dear zorbees,
You are The Sun.

I sure hope nobody stares directly at you for too long!

Every night, you may steal the results of a faction, success or fail. You may only target by faction names and you will not learn any aliases. Additionally, you can negate an alias's vote the following day.

You are allied with the SOLARS.
Another SOLAR has fallen! But is it enough? And have they really not struck back? Of course they have! lynne finds herself in the unfortunate position of being hit by an asteroid.
Dear penguin344,
You are the Charred Man.

It must hurt to have constant third degree burns ;(

A piece of paper is passed randomly between living aliases. The following night, you gain that role's action and can use it. You get a different action each night.

You are allied with the STARS.
Alas, the final STARS has fallen. Leaving only the SANDS and the SOLARS to duke it out...

But wait! SILENT_NIGHT_SONA slips up to the field of battle silently after all the action has calmed down. She does not seem as brave as mireille was, however...

A reminder, though, that you must find the SANDS item. If your opponents all die while you do not have the SANDS, you will lose the game. I can confirm the SANDS has not once changed hands over the course of the game. And yes, it really is an item. I wonder where it could be...

It is now Day Four. D4 will end when I have all votes/posts.

Post Restrictions of the Deceased:
penguin344 PR: You really really love George W. Bush.
zorbees PR: You are an overly-enthusiastic morning person and can say nothing negative but have bundles of energy.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
BY THE POWER OF ALL THAT IS WAYNE BRADY

I CALL FORTH THE SHANK OF LYNCHING

O HOLY SHANK OF LYNCHING, SHOW ME THE WAY

THE WAY TO THE SANDS

THE SHANK OF LYNCHING HAS SHOWN ME THE LIGHT

SHANK ALICE

You only play the games
That you know you can lose
You love to fail, that's all you love

So the sun goes down and the world goes dancing
And the stars come out and they all go dancing
And there is nothing I'd like more
Than to lynch this ratchet-ass hoodrat ho Priscilla

Well I don't know why but I just feel like dancing
I can't imagine why but I feel like dancing
And there is nothing in this world
That I'd like better than a twirl across your rickety old floor

Yeti

dark saturday
GAME OVER

A rough life for all involved. Priscilla tosses out a vote for alice, who so far has remained silent, but rittre gilr isn't have any of this, and she enlists SILENT_NIGHT_SONA's help in lynching off Priscilla. The poor dear dies.

Dear Walrein,
You are The Most Interesting Role in the World.

Your role is so interesting that not even Tres Equis would be comparable in quality. Your role has a 100% interest rate (as determined by a random sample of >9000 people worldwide). In fact, your role has performed feats so incredible that this list is not only accurate but grossly incomplete.

Each round, your role will revisit some of its previous exploits and relive those memories, causing something to happen. Twice each night, you may PM Yeti, "I don't always target <USER>, but, when I do, I ??? <USER>." <USER> and your role will then live through one of the following memories:

1. Your role will give <USER> "the talk." <USER> will feel so enlightened after your discussion that they will seek to return the favor by telling you who they targeted that night.
2. Your role will punch <USER> in the face. As a result, <USER> will have to fight off a strong urge to thank you and can only do this successfully by walking away and being unable to complete their action that night.
3. Your role will speak Russian to <USER>...in French. <USER> will be jealous of your superior language abilities and will, the next day, post only in a combination of Russian and French, in addition to any other post restrictions they may have.
4. Your role will win a staring contest with <USER>. Unbeknownst to <USER>, your role will actually be staring into <USER>'s soul instead of their eyes; as a result, you will learn to what faction <USER> belongs.
5. Your role will live vicariously through <USER>. <USER> will then become that target of any action intending to target you the following night.
6. Your role will give <USER> a bear hug. As bear hugs are what your role gives bears, this implies that <USER> must be a bear. Bears have not been known to type, so <USER> will be unable to post in the thread or on IRC until the next night.

Now, your role believes in living life in as interesting a way as possible, and that includes leaving certain things up to fate. As a result, the memory your role relives with <USER> will be determined 1) by RNG, and 2) AFTER you have chosen its target. There are also three other restrictions that your role places upon itself:
1) You may not target the same <USER> two nights in a row; after all, you "don't always target <USER>."
2) After you have targeted <USER> for the first time, the memory your role relives with <USER> will no longer be RNGed and will instead be the same each time you target <USER> as it was the first time; after all, "when [you] do, you ??? <USER>."
3) Following from 2, you may not target the same <USER> twice in one night, as this runs a risk of reliving multiple different things with <USER>.
You are allied with the SANDS.
With that said and done, SILENT_NIGHT_SONA takes her leave, terrified of the night. Leaving rittre gilr alone, or so she thinks...

She stares at her empty hands, feeling all too empty in the silence of the night.

"Are you. Looking for. This?" a hollow voice calls out, robotic and eerie. A glowing pile of SANDS is held in her hands.

"Oh, no..." are the last words rittre gilr utters before the SANDS shoot out a beam of light, vaporizing her.

Dear jumpluff,
You are Samus.

Check them tig ole bitties.

Every night, you may create an alias. This alias will vote for whoever you command it to. It will leave after the next night ends. The first time you are targeted for a kill, your alias will be brave enough to take the kill for you, but after this brave soldier, no voter will be so brave and they will leave when the day ends.

You are allied with the SOLARS.
This was the Ampharos role submitted, btw, but I had to modify it for the sake of the game.

With the death of rittre gilr, the holder of the SANDS stands proudly over all. alice, the NPC, has won BIGS 2!

Additionally, jumpluff-the-user is the victor of Side Competition 1. Voting is now open for Side Competition 2: who executed their PR the best?

PRs of the Dead:
jumpluff PR: You may only speak in Magnetic Fields lyrics.
Walrein PR: You are a single black lady deeply in love with Wayne Brady.

My sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aknab5xiIuLRdGw1TWJEbldYMHQ4RUdQUzNPWFBIb1E&usp=sharing

Walrein rolled a 5 on rittre gilr so she would have killed herself trying to kill him if she'd gone with the alice lynch. That being said she could have forced a no lynch, made him stall out N5 and he wouldn't have been able to target her alias again for N6. Also if the game came down to a 1v1 whichever living user had the SANDS would outprioritze the kill of the other player. However of the two NPC, only Phi was randtargeted so it never left alice!

If anyone has questions on which role exactly was which since some were modified you can ask. I randomized the Smogon user list, alias list and role list from sign-ups and then #1 on each list was put together and so on. Each group of three descending became a faction, so to whoever I sent the first PM to, I think that was the SNOWS, you were the first 3 names/aliases/roles to appear. The SOLARS wound up with the roles that had silencer factors which I changed to simply vote negate. They were also targeted by like 1 role before RNG killed Paperblade.

As for 'priority,' all kills were equal. If someone was dying, they would get their kill off, but not their normal role. Unless they were a hooker stopping their own death. But basically two people could take each other out for maximum CARNAGE and strong kills.

Please vote for SC2 winner and congratulate alice the strongest alias!

Last edited:
Voting for UllarWarlord

Also fyi Walrein that's what you get for trying to pull one over me!! Only way I wasn't lynching you was if we decided to square off at night because you voted first .:. I can't get the SANDS, and I was pretty sure I couldn't beat you at night (which Yeti confirmed). So zorbees and I actually made a p bad mistake, we should've killed you instead of penguin because we knew penguin's role and I probably could've beaten it as long as he didn't get an intact BPV from me. I guess I could've forced a No Lynch tho but I knew I lost. edit: I was aware of the NL possibility but not that I could stall you out since my BPV was dead and I didn't know how your role worked anyway.

It is unfortunate I could not negotiate to have my BPV intact because then I could've won.

I am pleased with the NPC victory.

I enjoyed the obviousness of von, too many tried to hide theirs behind other stuff, shame on you penguin

vote vonFiedler
I agree, penguin could've had a lot more fun and gone way more ham with his if he hadn't tried to obscure it. It didn't stop me from guessing it anyway. billy technically did not obscure his but adhered to it in a way that was pretty misleading, which I thought was pretty idiosyncratic (once I realised it wasn't the drawings it was like duh of course it's billy).

von mostly didn't try but the tension between him and Yeti over Star Trek was hilarious so I enjoyed how he used his posts to reflect that power struggle.

DLE's were very funny, although I think Ullar put more original effort in and still managed to be funny. My main gripe with Ullar's execution of his PR was that he never alluded to grounding Walrein for jerking off.

I think we can all agree Celever (or Pokémon Trainer, who deleted his post before I could even see it) was the biggest coward. zorbees's was a valiant effort and greatly enhanced by his Jigglypuff avatar.

UncleSam had great potential but only put effort into the first post. At first I thought he was just imitating LN.

Good effort from Acklow as well imo.

Also, DLE, have you ever actually read The Captain's Verses or did you just google love poetry? Coincidentally I read it at the same time as this game so I recognised all your declarations of love.

LightWolf had the second-funniest PR after Ullar and pulled it off pretty well.

END REVIEWS

Last edited:
I mean obviously da letter el was the best, can't put my finger on exactly why but it really goes without saying.
I think it was really the reyscarface word substitution that made it work. On an absurdity level.

That and Pablo Neruda writes in a really earthy, forceful, declarative way, so his posts were really powerful. He picked some of the best poems in the book!

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Its tough to write as if you're an Indian telemarketers. The execution is so much easier if spoken. If my PR was a Russian thug or something of the sort, it would have been not as difficult to deal with. Also when I said I was not signing up for the game, I meant it. I went along with it anyways since I liked my pr enough to go with it.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Voting for UllarWarlord

Also fyi Walrein that's what you get for trying to pull one over me!! Only way I wasn't lynching you was if we decided to square off at night because you voted first .:. I can't get the SANDS, and I was pretty sure I couldn't beat you at night (which Yeti confirmed). So zorbees and I actually made a p bad mistake, we should've killed you instead of penguin because we knew penguin's role and I probably could've beaten it as long as he didn't get an intact BPV from me. I guess I could've forced a No Lynch tho but I knew I lost. edit: I was aware of the NL possibility but not that I could stall you out since my BPV was dead and I didn't know how your role worked anyway.

It is unfortunate I could not negotiate to have my BPV intact because then I could've won.

I am pleased with the NPC victory.
I didn't really consider the fact that the SANDS were on an NPC, so thought we'd be fine no matter who we killed. I also didn't know what would happen if 2 people made it to night with no BPVs. But yeah, I'd rather NPC win than someone other than us.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Someone actually thinks I'm funny this is a once-in-a-lifetime thing ;-;

But in all srsness, I alluded to Walrein doing 'god-knows-what'...I don't think one's mom would be open about masturbation! Which is a sin against God!

I won't go into my strategy, seeing as I had none - I never submitted an action and I never voted. yaaaaay~

As for who made me laugh, I'll have to go with Acklow because it would be very tacky to selfvote

Yeah, I caught that allusion, but I weren't sure if you were pulling a Celever or not and being too innocent for your PR. In any case nobody can fault you as far as getting in character goes!

Yeti says you were told the legend of Walrein and Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition so you have no excuse!

The avatar helped.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I haven't read any whole collections of Pablo Neruda but I've read quite a few of his poems in classes I've been in. I was in a world literature class that read a bunch of Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Pablo Neruda. I knew Pablo Neruda wrote a bunch of love poems that I liked so I just sort of went with it. I knew "I do not love you except because I love you" and vaguely remembered "La Muerta". The others weren't hard to find through google; the first two were the only ones I specifically knew before posting them though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)