Goldfish (XY OU Full Stall ft. CroCune) - a 580 RMT

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.

"%Oiawesome: my stall team comes together better than my taste buds and nutella
%Oiawesome: /arrogant"

Introduction

Hello Smogon. For those who do not know me, I'm OiawesomeDG, commonly referred to as Oiawesome, and Oiawesome on PS. This is my 3rd ever RMT and my 2nd XY OU one, my other one is one made about a month ago called "Adventure Melody" and yes while this might be a bit soon, I have decided to retire an old team of mine I like to call "Goldfish". I started using this around December when all the mega venusaur stall started popping up and eventually perfected it over time, recently I have won a long stall v stall battle with my pal Adrian Marin in a late game sweep, the game lasted somewhere around 140 turns. And then I humiliatingly lost to a deo-d hazards + taunt mega garde team by a great player I like to call ShootingStarmie so I swapped out some pokemon in order to better handle crazy taunt users like so. This is my most prideful team so far and I am glad to retire it as the complete stall team it is.

At a Glance
@
||
@
||
@
||
@
||
@
||
@

Current State of the Stall Metagame
So you may be wondering what this mini article I wrote up has anything to do with my RMT, well, this is an XY OU stall RMT and I want people to understand the current state of stalling so they can better understand this RMT, GL! ^_^
Overview
Stall right now is in an odd place. Standard stall teams exist but you really don't see enough stall in today's metagame to have a good understanding on what is standard or even what is XY Stall:
  • Standard Stall

The most common face you'll probably see on stall is Mega Venusaur. Mega Venusaur provides immense utility in the current metagame also in past metagames. There's a reason it's one of the sole defensive pokemon that's A+ or higher in viability. It can wall an amazing majority of special and physical sweepers. However with recent development of the metagame, pokemon like Thundurus/Landorus/Manaphy have began using Psychic or Hidden Power Flying over some other coverage like Energy Ball/Hidden Power [Ice] in order to better handle mega venusaur, which has drastically changed how it and consequently, Stall played. There's also been a clever development of taking advantage of this in order to abuse the lack of coverage of things like GK on Thundy to use Quagsire to better wall them and such. In addition to this things like Manaphy and Landorus are now better being handled by things like Calm Mind Clefable. Which in itself is becoming quite the threat to offense these days due to it's ability to set up on such deadly threats like +6 manaphy.People have also began using Skarmory or Heatran in conjunction with the mega tree in order to have amazing synergy to pair an excellent walling combo in the current metagame to deal with threats such as Mega Pinsir, which I will get into later. Mandibuzz has also been quite popular through out the generation, and it's popularity certainly hasn't faded recently at all, and it's for good reason. Mandibuzz does an excellent job dealing with popular threats due to it's immense bulk and amazing movepool with things like Knock Off, Roost, Foul Play, Whirlwind etc. Like any generation of stall Chansey is a big face you will almost surely see in OU stall due to the way it single handily ignores the power of some of OUs strongest special attackers and cripples them right back. It can also preform quite a core with the aforementioned Mega Venusaur due to the way MV handles many things that threaten it like Keldeo and how Chansey easily deals with things like NP HP Flying Thundurus and Psychic Landorus-I.
  • Threats to Stall in general

The top threat to stall in the current metagame is probably Mega Pinsir. So many teams these days simply cannot handle the offensive pressure that it can easily put up while it can also set up an SD and rampage through your team, Skarmory is a great option in taking it down, Rotom-W and Zapdos have also been "trending" to take it down but the have to be more wary due to their bulk compared to skarm's bulk. In addition to the popularity of such physical sweepers, Mega Mawile is quite the threat, Huge Power, the option to SD or sub punch and it's STABs all together make it a huge problem for pretty much any stall team to try and handle, but due to the popularity of Skarmory, Mega Venusaur and Heatran on stall, it can be easily handled if you play around it well with those pokemon. Bisharp is also another big one, as it can easily come in on popular stall defoggers and set up in their face or threaten them in, even Skarmory, dies to 2 adamant LO +2 STAB knock offs. However things like Quagsire have risen in popularity in order to handle it, but Bisharp is preparing for this again by it itself by using the Grass Knot lure set by alexwolf . I consider the best counters to it to be Mandibuzz, Skarm(unboosted), Tank Zard X, and Tank Mega Gyarados. And last but not least: the special ranged threats- Mega Charizard Y is very great in today's metagame due to it's versatility between Flare Blitz sets, Special sets w/ EQ and PURELY special sets. This causes a huge problem and guessing game for the average stall team due to not knowing what exactly to switch in against it, although the safest bet is generally chansey due to the way even if it Flare Blitz's, it takes huge amounts of recoil and it will almost never KO chansey. Aegislash is well known in the current metagame for being a bitch to face for all palystyles, but on stall, it can be handled well by things like Mega Venusaur which can pretty much defeat every known current Aegislash set if it uses Knock Off or Earthquake Mandibuzz can also handle it very well if it dodges getting toxic'd by the SubToxic set. Keldeo can handle lots of things on stall with it's specs set due to secret sword handling both Chansey and Ferrothorn very well. Even HP Flying is a viable move on it in order to beat Mega Saur w/o recovery with 2-4 rounds of Stealth Rock.

• Conclusion
So I hoped this miniature guide to stall in XY really helped you understand this RMT and XY OU Stall in general :]

Teambuilding process

Suicune/Mega Venusaur/Heatran
So basically, this team was originally built around and still is built around, CroCune, which I can say is one of my favorite sets to exist, ever. And when thinking about what fit well with it, I saw a perfect match in Mega Venusaur and since this was december where all the mega venu stall was out, I thought I'd throw it onto this team. And then, completely unintentionally, I formed a FWG core with sdef heatran due to the way that Mega Venusaur pairs extremely well with standard Heatran, taking on many of the things that threaten it such as Lati@s w/o EQ. This is also the time I just started listening to the band "Goldfish" again so , hence forward, the team was named after them.

Suicune/Mega Venusaur/Heatran/Quagsire
Next up is Quag. Quagsire is literally one of the best stall pokemon right now, and it was back then too. It can check pretty much any physical boosting sweeper. I mainly used it noticing my huge weakness to EQ DD Zard X that could set up on me and destroy me with my current team members, it does not disappoint to say the least.

Suicune/Mega Venusaur/Heatran/Quagsire/Togekiss/Chansey
As my team was nearing completion I noticed I needed 3 things: A EQ Latios check/counter, A Defog User, and 1 or 2 Wish Users. Wish was essential to the teams initial success due to the way it easily supported many recover-less pokemon on this team, and I actually Packed 2 users of it to make sur e I could survive stall v stall due to PP and so I don't get too reliant on 1 wish user. Defog was also important because with spikes, SR, etc. this team could easily get worn down by that days hyper offensive playstyle, togekiss fit 2/3 so I picked it, and Chansey was so good at the time, I couldn't resist so I picked it, due to the way it checked many things including specs and EQ Latios.

|
V

Suicune/Mega Venusaur/Goodra/Quagsire/Togekiss/Chansey
|
V

So there's quite a bit to explain on this one. This was during the revival of this team during this month, I switched Heatran to Goodra do to it's ability to infestation trap + EQ opposing tran in order to get rid of lots of steel types. Goodra also was a great check for EQ Zard Y which Heatran fell to.

Although after losing to ShootingStarmie 's Taunt Mega Garde team I realized how taunt weak my team could be if taunted by fairies due to my only taunt absorber being goodra, so I switched it back to Flash Cannon Heatran, which also checks Sylveon and other friends. I also discovered between, Quag, Chans, Tran and Cune I had every single variant of Zard Y on lock down and able to be combated.

|
V

Suicune/Mega Venusaur/Heatran/Quagsire/Skamory/Chansey
So after a bit of consideration of both Zapdos and Skamory > Togekiss in order to deal with the very scary Mega Pinsir, I ended up choosing Skamory because it deals with Bisharp better and it also is generally physically bulkier so it's not limited to beating just one thing for the purpose of this team. Plus this team really appreciates the weakening of Mega Venusaur, Phazing and the steel typechart that skarmory brings.

In Depth
So you've all seen the team from teambuilding stance and from a glance, but how does it REALLY look? Well you're about to find out
. . .
(changes over time in bold)

@
(Soundtracks & Comebacks)
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
Scald | Rest | Sleep Talk | Calm Mind

Overview
The all star of the team, right in the front. CroCune, as previously stated, is one of my favorite stall pokemon, and for good reason. Suicune is easily one of the most overall bulky pokemon on this team, it's bulk is incredible 100/115/115 bulk is no joke at all, this bulk lets Suicune early-mid and even late game come in and utility check many pokemon and RestTalk and then late game Calm Mind enabling it to have many roles. CroCune can not only wall and set up, but it's an amazing stallbreaker at the moment, it's titanic bulk and Calm Mind enable it to calm mind in front of Mega Saur and take <50% at +1 and then set up even higher to +2 or even +3 then res up and then take complete tickles from Giga Drain, something little Bulky Waters can brag. It's high bulk and use of Rest to absorb stalls weak moves and status lets it set up and walk all over stall if hazing and phazing is removed, and even popular phazers like skarm cannot switchin at +2 or +3 because they die to 1 or 2 scalds easily.

Calculation Center:
  • 252+ SpA Mega Abomasnow Giga Drain vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 164-194 (40.5 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after hail damage and Leftovers recovery
  • 4 SpA Rotom-W Volt Switch vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 96-114 (23.7 - 28.2%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 152-182 (37.6 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recover
  • 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 187-222 (46.2 - 54.9%) -- 10.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 180-214 (44.5 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recover
  • 252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. +2 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 136-162 (33.6 - 40%) -- 32.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +3 4 SpA Suicune Scald vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 264-312 (79 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 135-160 (33.4 - 39.6%) -- 19.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +2 252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 214-253 (52.9 - 62.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 141-166 (34.9 - 41%) -- 65.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Top 3 things to watch out for when using this
  • - Vaporeon takes jack shit from anything you can throw at it due to Water Absorb and threatens back a Roar to phaze out all your boosts.
  • + Roar - Other Suicunes can Rest Up all your damage and scald burns, and then precede to roar you out, making you lose all your boosts.
  • + Roar or Leech Seed - While it is true that standard non Roar Mega Saur can't touch you after a boost or two, Roar variants take bullshit damage from Scald and Roar you out. - Wary of Scald Burns.
Alternative Options
  • Non Yet
Common Playstyle Matchups
  • Hyper Offense- HO often struggles vs CroCune because it's practically impossible to 2HKO it in todays metagame, it also curbstomps all the common walls on Hyper Offense due to the stall breaking aspects of it. Things often used Like Rotom-W are utterly destroyed by this, and even things like Garchomp and Landorus-T struggle vs it due to how insanely bulky it is. It also 100% free sets up on Deo-D unless it's red card.
  • Volt-Turn- Volt Turn also struggles vs CroCune because, Cune's biggest flaw, it's phaze weakness is also rare on Volt Turn as much as it is on Hyper Offense. Due to the lack of passive damage other than constant volt-switch spam, Volt Turn can often be sitting ducks for Suicune if it gets a free turn.
  • Stall- Stall probably has the best matchup vs CroCune due to the often uses of passive damage such as Leech Seed and uses of stallbreakers such as Togekiss and also the uses of Haing and Phazing. Playing vs stall often requires you to pull it out late game after hazers and phazers have been lifted off the battlefield.

(F)@
(Woman's A Devil)
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
Sludge Bomb | Giga Drain | Earthquake | Synthesis

Overview
From December to now, there is no doubt Mega Venusaur has consistently one of the best pokemon in the metagame. This variant of Mega Saur is the standard specially defensive set infamously known for shaping special attackers movesets to addapt to it. Sludge Bomb > Roar/Sleep Powder because of Ice KyuBe, Mega Pinsir and Talonflame, 3 things I do NOT want to get a free switch in. Synthesis > Leech seed because Leech Seed imo is so unreliable and fails against things like substitute and grass types. Synthesis also lets me recover a greater deal of HP per turn. Earthquake is standard honestly nowadays in order to beat steel types such as annoying rachi and (especially) Heatran.

Calculation Center:
  • 252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 165-195 (45.3 - 53.5%) -- 37.1% chance to 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Venusaur: 102-121 (28 - 33.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Venusaur: 124-148 (34 - 40.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 112-132 (30.7 - 36.2%) -- 58.8% chance to 3HKO
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 153-181 (42 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 148-176 (40.6 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 163-193 (44.7 - 53%) -- 29.7% chance to 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Venusaur: 144-172 (39.5 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Venusaur: 192-229 (52.7 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 116-137 (31.8 - 37.6%) -- 91.2% chance to 3HKO
  • 252+ Atk Mega Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 144-169 (39.5 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage

• - Specs Latios is a huge problem, you can't really touch it aside from random predictions with sludge bomb and specs and LO psyshock destroy mega venusaur. Wary of sludge bomb
  • - This is fairly straight forward. Choice Band Talonflame can switch in with SR off the field fearing nothing but sludge bomb which honestly nails it for quite the damage and demolish it with it's signiture Brave Bird. Wary of sludge bomb
  • - Charizard can switch in with great special defense and then precede to roast any variant of Mega Venusaur with a strong fire blast or even flare blitz on special sets. Wary of SLudge Bomb pre-mega

Alternative Options
  • Physically Defensive set in order to wall things like MegaWile harder
  • Sassy Nature to beef up EQ
  • Roar > Sludge Bomb to phaze stuff like SubAegis and MegaWile
Common Playstyle matchups
  • Hyper Offense- Mega Venusaur can often feel worn down from all the surprise psychics and general repeated assaults of Hyper Offense. It can take on pivtos on Hyper offense really well, it can be taunt bait though depending on the pokemon. It can also be set up bait to things like the aforementioned MegaWile depending on how early it switches into the thing. It's often scared of things on hyper offense like Kyurem and Talonflame on top of that.
  • Balance- Balance is on lockdown for Mega Venusaur, lack of repeated assaults as much as hyper offense gives it easy breathing room to heal and actually make moves without getting half kod every 2 seconds. Balance also lacks the super offensive lures found oft on HO to scare Mega Venu. Common pokemon like Rotom-W are also handled by mega venusaur very well due to heal bell support.
  • Stall- This is a mixed bag, Mega Venusaur does well on most stall teams but semi-stall with a win condition can gradually weaken venu to the point where their win condition can sweep. However standard stall is easily handled due to Mega Venusaur's titanic bulk and heal bell and wish support, along with usable offenses and great typing.

@
(We Come Together)
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
Lava Plume | Flash Cannon | Roar | Protect

Overview
(the name is a play on how CuneVenuTran forms such a good core). Standard StallTran + Flash Cannon > WoW/Toxic. FC Tran right now is a very good check to things like Sylveon and especially the dreaded 2 stallbreakers of the fairy type: Sylveon and Togekiss. Heatran is extremely well preforming in this metagame and I chose it because of the way it's movepool, typing and ability comes together to create a behemoth. Combine that with great defensive and attacking stats and you have got a great pivot and wall.. In this metagame heatan serves to soft counter Charizard Y, Latios, bulky Zard X w/ roost and other pokemon. Heatran can also easily eliminate many steel types like Ferrothorn from being a problem to this core and this team. It's also a great switch in to Mandibuzz, a very threatening stallbreaker to many teams, resisting Foul Play, immune to toxic, can fish for burns or phaze it out, etc.

Calculation Center
  • 252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 102-120 (26.4 - 31%) -- 8.3% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 204-240 (52.8 - 62.1%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 135-160 (34.9 - 41.4%) -- 76.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Thundurus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 176-208 (45.5 - 53.8%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (rare)
  • 252 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 100-118 (25.9 - 30.5%) -- 2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 4 Atk Deoxys-S Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 158-188 (40.9 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 208-247 (53.8 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 4 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 32 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 290-344 (103.9 - 123.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 187-221 (48.4 - 57.2%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

• - Self explanatory. Takes 48% from Lava Plume however it can overkill it with Earth Power or surprise set up with CM or RP. Wary of tran's attacking moves.
  • - Keldeo is a complete dickwad, it takes literally almost nothing from your dual STAB , doesn't care about burns and can dismantle you with it's dual STAB.
  • - The only threatening set is CB if you don't burn it because Belly Drum just gets phazed and basically loses 50% of it's health for nothing. Wary of burns.

Alternative Options

• WoW/Toxic > Protect
  • Resttalk in order to check things better and less reliance on wish
  • Hyper Offense- Hyper Offense can give Heatran quite the trouble if he's not careful. Heatran is very much so pressurized by the top threats like Keldeo's often occurrences on such an archetype of teams. However if heatran plays it's cards right, it can do a number on hyper offense, taking hits from threats, phazing out set up sweepers, burning physical attackers etc.
  • Balance- Heatran can handle some of the set up sweepers on Balance and can handle the constant pivoting, making ti a great check to balance teams. The absence of such threatening pokemon such as Keldeo and Lando really helps it's case against Balance, however pokemon like Rotom can clearly mess with it and use it as pivot bait.
  • Stall- It mainly has to deal with bulky dragons, fires, and waters which makes it's job not a fun one. Variants with status can often mess with stall a LOT and cause some prblems. Lava plume variants of this set also can cause problems by chipping at stall and causing burns, Mega Venusaur also has problems vs it due to burning it before a quick Earthquake, etc.

@
(Washing Over Me)
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
Earthquake | Scald | Toxic | Recover

Overview
As previously stated, I think Quagsire is one freaking amazing stall pokemon, and for good reason. Unaware lets Quagsire stop os much set up sweepers dead in their tracks, including (and especially) Zard X, Garchomp, Bisharp and Dragonite. Quagsire pairs extremely well with defoggers on both stall on hyper offense because of it's great ability to handle pretty much all Defiant users, such as Thundurus and Bisharp. Due to that, I feel like TogeQuag is an extremely potent core waiting to be tapped, as LatiQuag has already been found, I feel like Togekiss' lack of a pursuit weakness to things like Bisharp makes it easier to switch into Quagsire and handle those threats without losing your defogger due to pursuit. Quagsire also checks a number of more things such as DD MegaTar, Mega Mawile, Heatran, Talonflame etc. Quagsire if used right, immediately becomes a trolly weapon of doom against many set up sweepers and teams.

Calculation Center
  • 252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 157-186 (39.8 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Mega Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 136-162 (34.5 - 41.1%) -- 64.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 153-180 (38.8 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 222-262 (56.3 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Dragonite Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 118-139 (29.9 - 35.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 175-208 (44.4 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 171-202 (43.4 - 51.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Quagsire: 135-160 (34.2 - 40.6%) -- 53.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Thundurus Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 138-162 (35 - 41.1%) -- 71.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

• - Lati@s are immune to EQ, resist scald, Latios doesn't mind toxic TOO much due to switching out every 2 seconds and Latias can subCm or refresh on it. Not only this but they can both hit it extremely hard with dragon STAB
  • - Mega Venusaur is the biggest annoyance out of the 3, it takes little to nothing from scald, same with EQ and is immune to toxic. It can offensively threaten back with an OHKO from Giga Drain. Wary of Scald burns.
  • - Same as Mega Venusaur except Power Whip > Giga Drain and Scald burns suck even more. Wary of scald burns.
Alternative Options

• Haze > something
  • Hyper Offense- Quagsire actually like hyper offense due to the high number of sweepers rendered useless by it's ability and bulk. Quagsire's access to recover is no joke either, as it gives it immediate reliable recovery ready to heal up for the next barrage of attacks. In addition to this, many pokemon on Hyper Offense HATE burns and even sometimes, hate toxics.
  • Balance- Quagsire's least favorable matchups. While pokes on balance, hate burns just as much as hyper offense, Balance relies less on setting up which means Quagsire isn't up to it's full potential, in addition to this, in balance resides some of the most annoying things for it to face packed all into 1 team.
  • Stall- Another favorable matchup. Quagsire can abuse the hell out of statuses to annoy the shit out of stall. In addition to this, slow sweepers and stallbreakers can't boost up on this thing due to unaware. Also fuck scald burns, that is all.
@
(Three Second Memory)
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
Brave Bird | Roost | Defog | Whirlwind

Overview

As previously stated, Skarmory was chosen due to it's immense support potential on this team. This is the standard physically defensive spread for Skarmory, it lets it take +2 Return from MegaPins easily and phaze or BB it. Skarmory is kind of bait for some great pokemon in the current metagame though, such as Heatran, Charizard, and Thundurus-I, which is what I consider to be it's biggest flaw. However this flaw is patched up quite well by the rest of the team, with Heatran taking on most of the threats and Quag/Cune not slouching either. Skarmory can also pair well with my Chansey on this team in order to unintentionally pair the infamous SkarmBliss(more like skarmchans, but names are names) which has great synergy in this metagame. Skarmory can also deal with defensive threats quite well, such as Mega Venusaur, Quagsire, and others. SKarmory's phazing offers huge potential for matches played with this team, as it has the ability to quickly dispatch of dangerous set up sweepers efficiently so that they don't threaten the team very much.

Calculation Center:
  • +2 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 154-182 (46.1 - 54.4%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 93-111 (27.8 - 33.2%) -- 91.4% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 126-149 (37.7 - 44.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 251-296 (75.1 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 168-199 (50.2 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • +2 252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 136-161 (40.7 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 43-51 (12.8 - 15.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Thundurus Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 218-260 (65.2 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 166-196 (49.7 - 58.6%) -- 71.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

• - Zard Y is probably the biggest threat. due to drought, 159 SpA and STAB SE Fire Blast. When you see Zard Y the best thing to do is to generally scout the set with heatran or just switch out to Chansey in order to better handle it.
  • - Thundurus can be extremely annoying depending on how you handle it. Defiant sets can pretty much threaten you with absorbing defog for a +2 and KO you with wild charge. While standard Twave/NP sets can set up all over you and threaten you with a strong, dangerous tbolt. aka Just Quagsire it
  • - Defiant sets can switch in and absorb defog for a +2 and then 2HKO with knock off at +2, the dangerous thing is that it could be a mixed GK set in order to take out Quagsire which is quite a problem for the team in general.
Alternative Options

• Roost/Thunder Wave or Heal Bell over current set

@
(Get Busy Living)
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
Wish | Protect | Thunder Wave | Heal Bell
Overview
(the name is a reference to how it basically never dies) Ah Chansey, the bitchiest bitch to ever wall. When many people see Chansey, the ironically see their teams doom as well. Chansey was and still is a top wall in stall teams in the metagame. Chansey's undeniably useful support along with either of 2 crippling statuses and amazing bulk make it very hard to face and it also makes it very useful. I chose Chansey over other blobs like Clefable because Chansey has it in for non Flare Blitz Charizard Y and Any Latios set. In addition to this, Chansey just has the raw bulk rarely any pokemon can end up providing for the team at the end of the day, walling tons of special attackers in addition to even some physical walls as much as chansey does is a near impossible task, but Chansey ends up being able to do this. I chose this set because of the Wish, Heal Vell and Thunder Wave support my team could desperately be in need of, this set is also very standard. The Heal Bell support means that thingsl ike Heatran can afford to tank a Thunder Wave or 2, it also means, Mega Venusaur can take a burn from Rotom-W and actually afford to do so without perm. crippling itself for the match.
Calculation Center
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 261-307 (37 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 318-376 (45.1 - 53.4%) -- 35.5% chance to 2HKO
  • +6 252 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 364-430 (51.7 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 260-307 (36.9 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 253-298 (35.9 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • +1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 378-445 (53.6 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 176 Atk Mega Charizard Y Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 313-370 (44.4 - 52.5%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 220-261 (31.2 - 37%) -- 79.8% chance to 3HKO
  • 252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 261-307 (37 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 292-345 (41.4 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

• + Substitute - SubGar is probably the most annoying thing for the blobs to face right now due to it's thunder wave immunity, toxic immunity, seismic toss immunity and Pain Split in order to break down their high HP.
  • - Bisharp is very threatening to chansey because it is one of the strongest and most common Knock Off users in the tier. In Addition to this, it can use Blissey as SD set up bait, and if Quagsire is down after it nabs an SD, good luck. Wary of thunder waves sometimes if not Lum.
  • - Keldeo's level of threatening ness against the blobs is near unmatched. Keldeo can just Secret Sword the blobs to hell and really doesn't mind anything but Thunder Wave, which just slows it down a little. Wary of Thunder Wave.
Alternative Options

• Toxic > TWave
  • Seismic Toss > Something
  • Hyper Offense- DeoSharp Hyper offense can be quite the annoyance for Chansey because it lures the defog for Bisharp to get a free switch in with Defog giving it +2. If Quagsire is down this can be quite the problem for Chansey to have to deal with, as it has to be dealing with high amounts of pressure preventing it from being as effective.
  • Charizard Y Offense- Chansey can really shine versus these types of these teams due to pretty much everything except for Keldeo which is easily handled by this team, is easily handled by CHansey, including their main star of the team, Char Y.
  • Stall- Chansey can find a great spot on the team dealing with VS stall matchups very well as it can cause status that can be a problem for opposing stall not only this but it can clear the status and heal the damage over time caused by toxic with WishBell combo.

Closing Statements, Replays, Shout outs, Threat list and Importable
So that's it guys, I hope you enjoyed reading my RMT and have some good advice! At the very least I consider you someone who enjoys reading RMTs, and I like those type of people, I hope you all have a merry 580 day. I should have so done this for my 420th post though smh

. . .
  • The Reptile Leafshield Nollan Lasagne if it weren't for all you guys I used to kick it with back in dusk mod, who knows how far I would have come without you
  • A Special individual thanks to Dusk209 for being just an awesome dude all around also: Boondocks season 4 is back and you better be back on smogon to discuss it with me ;-; or else:
  • ShootingStarmie for showing me, no matter how complete you think a team is, you have to explore it;s weaknesses
  • Users on the ladder for making me adjust my team
  • Adrian Marin for having that amazing stall war with me

Replays
Stall War vs Adrian Marin
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-108564415
Threatlist (up to Crawdaunt, WIP)
Standard OU Offensive Threats

Abomasnow Mega:
Full Out Attacker - Suicune can set up CMs on it, Heatran handles some variantes, Chansey handles the others

Absol Mega:
All Out Attacker - Cune, Tran and CHansey
Swords Dance - <3 Quagsire

Aegislash:
Mixed - Cune, Chansey and Mega Saur
Swords Dance + King's Shield - Quagsire
Offensive Swords Dance - Quagsire
Full Out Attacker - Cune, Chansey, Mega Saur
Autotomize - Most things on my team can beat this set honestly

Aerodactyl Mega:
Hone Claws - Quagsire

Alakazam:
Focus Sash - Toge, Chans

Alakazam Mega:
Full out attacker - Toge, Chans

Ampharos Mega:
Agility - Mega Venusaur

Azelf:
Lead - Togekiss
Dual Screens - Togekiss

Azumarill:
Belly Drum - Quagsire, Mega Venusaur
Choice Band - Mega Venusaur
Assault Vest - Mega Venusaur

Bisharp:
Swords Dance - Quagsire
Full out Attacker - Quagsire, Mega Venusaur

Blastoise Mega:
Offensive Rapid Spin - Chansey, Togekiss, Mega Venusaur

Breloom:
Physical Attacker - Mega Venusaur
Lead - Mega Venusaur
Swords Dance- Mega Venusaur

Celebi:
Tinkerbell - Mega Saur, Chansey
Nasty Pass - Chansey

Chandelure:
Choice Scarf - Chansey, Cune
Choice Specs - Chansey, Cune
Pain Spilt - Togekiss, sometimes chansey, Cune

Charizard Mega X :
Dragon Dance - Quagsire, Cune
Bulky Will-O-Wisp - Cune

Charizard Mega Y :
Full Out Attacker - Heatran, Chansey, Cune

Cloyster:
Shell Smash - Quagsire

Cofagrigus:
Trick Room + Nasty Plot - Chansey, Togekiss

Conkeldurr:
Assault Vest - Mega Venusaur
Bulk Up - Mega Venusaur

Crawdaunt:
Swords Dance - Mega Venusaur
Choice Band - Mega Venusaur

Darmanitan:
Choice Band -
Choice Scarf -

Deoxys-S:
Spikes Lead -
Dual Screens Lead-
Cleaner -

Diggersby:
Choice Scarf -
Choice Band -
Swords Dance -
Agility -

Ditto:
Choice Scarf -

Dragonite:
Dragon Dance -
Choice Band -
Mixed -

Dugtrio:
Trapper -

Entei:
Full Out Attacker -

Espeon:
Dual Screens -
Baton Pass -

Escavalier:
Tank -
Choice Band -

Excadrill:
Rapid Spin -
Swords Dance -
Choice Scarf -

Froslass:
Offensive Spikes -

Galvantula:
Sticky Web Lead -

Garchomp:
Swords Dance -
Choice Band -
Choice Scarf -

Garchomp Mega:
Full out attacker -

Gardevoir:
Choice Scarf -

Gardevoir Mega:
Offensive Calm Mind -

Gengar:
Substitute + Disable -
Substitute + Pain Split -
Full Out Attacker -
Taunt -

Goodra:
Choice Specs -
Assault Vest -

Greninja:
All Out Attacker -
Spikes -

Gyarados:
Substitute Dragon Dance -
Offensive Dragon Dance -

Gyarados Mega:
Dragon Dance -

Honchkrow:
Full Out Attacker -

Heatran:
Choice Scarf / Specs -
Air Balloon -

Heracross Mega:
Swords Dance -
Full Out Attacker -

Houndoom Mega:
Nasty Plot -
Mixed attacker -

Kabutops:
Choice Band -
Swords Dance -

Keldeo:
Choice Specs -
Calm Mind -
Choice Scarf -

Kingdra:
Rain Dance -
Dragon Dance -
Mixed attacker -

Kyurem:
Choice -
Substitute + 3 Attacks -

Kyurem-B:
Substitute -
Substitute + Dragon Tail -
Choice Band -
Mixed -
Choice Scarf -

Landorus:
Special Attacker -
Choice Scarf -

Landorus-T:
Double Dancer -
Choice Scarf -
Pivot -

Latias:
Life Orb tank -
Calm Mind -

Latios:
Life Orb -
Expert Belt -
Choice Scarf -
Choice Specs -
Calm Mind -
Dragon Dance

Lucario:
Swords Dance -
Agility -

Ludicolo:
Rain Dance Sweeper -

Machamp:
Full Out Attacker -

Magnezone:
Choice Specs -
Substitute -

Mamoswine:
Full Out Attacker -
Lead -

Manaphy:
Tail Glow -

Manectric Mega:
Offensive Pivot -

Mawile Mega:
Swords Dance -
Substitute Focus Punch -

Medicham Mega:
Full Out Attacker -
Substitute -

Mew:
Baton Pass -
Defog -
Nasty Plot -
Swords Dance -

Nidoking:
Life Orb -

Noivern:
Choice Specs -
Choice Scarf -
Life Orb -

Pinsir Mega:
Swords Dance -

Politoed:
Choice Specs -
Choice Scarf -

Rotom-W:
Choice Scarf -
Bulky Attacker -
Pivot -

Salamence:
Dragon Dance -
Mixed -
Choice Scarf -

Scizor:
Choice Band -
Swords Dance -
Bulky Swords Dance -
Defog -

Scizor Mega:
Swords Dance -
Bulky Swords Dance -
Defog -

Sharpedo:
Late Game Cleaner -

Shaymin:
Bulky Attacker -

Staraptor:
Choice Band -

Smeargle:
Hazard Lead -
Baton Pass -

Starmie:
Offensive Rapid Spin -

Suicune:
Calm Mind -

Sylveon:
Choice Specs -

Talonflame:
Choice Band -
Swords Dance -
Bulk Up -

Terrakion:
Substitute + Swords Dance -
Choice Band -
Choice Scarf -
Double Dance -
Lead -

Thundurus-I:
Nasty Plot -
Prankster -

Thundurus-T:
Double Dancer -
Choice Scarf -
Mixed -

Togekiss:
Nasty Plot -
Defensive Nasty Plot

Tornadus-T:
Choice Specs -
Life Orb -
Assault Vest -

Tyranitar:
Choice Band -
Choice Scarf -

Tyranitar Mega:
Dragon Dance -

Volcarona:
Offensive Quiver Dance -
Bulky Quiver Dance / Roost -
Chesto Rest -
Substitute -

Zygarde:
Dragon Dance -
Coil -

Standard OU Defensive Threats

Aggron Mega:
Stealth Rock Tank -

Banette Mega:
Stall Breaker -

Celebi:
Physically Defensive -
Specially Defensive -

Chansey:
Support -

Chesnaught:
Spikes -

Cofagrigus:
Bulky Will-O-Wisp -

Crobat:
Defog -
Stall Breaker -

Deoxys-D:
Bulky Spikes -
Speedy Spikes -

Donphan:
Tank -

Empoleon:
Specially Defensive -

Espeon:
Calm Mind -

Ferrothorn:
Standard -

Forretress:
Physically Defensive -
Specially Defensive -

Gliscor:
Substitute + Protect -
Stallbreaker -

Gourgeist-S:
Substitute + Leech Seed -

Gyarados:
Bulky Support -
Resttalk -

Heatran:
Specially Defensive -

Hippowdon:
Physical Tank -
Specially Defensive -

Jellicent:
Utility Counter -

Jirachi:
Specially Defensive -

Klefki:
Spikes -
Dual Screens -
Thunder Wave / Swagger -

Krookodile:
Stealth Rock support

Latias:
Support -
Reflect / Refresh + Calm Mind

Mew:
Stallbreaker -

Moltres:
Substitute + Roost -

Ninetales:
Support -

Porygon2:
Defensive -

Quagsire:
Physically Defensive -

Rhyperior:
Stealth Rock Tank -

Rotom-W:
Support -

Sableye:
Prankster -

Skarmory:
Physically Defensive -
Specially Defensive -

Slowbro:
Tank -
Assault Vest -

Slowking:
Tank -
Assault Vest -

Snorlax:
Tank -

Starmie:
Defensive Rapid Spin -

Sylevon:
Wish + Protect -

Tangrowth:
Defensive -
Assault Vest -

Tentacruel:
Substitute + Toxic -
Protect -

Trevenant:
Substitute + Leech Seed -
Will-O-Wisp -

Tyranitar:
Specially Defensive -

Vaporeon:
Wish Support -

Venusaur Mega:
Defensive -

Whimsicott:
Prankster Leech Seed -

Wobbuffet:
Custap Berry -
Bulky -

Zapdos:
Physically Defensive -
Substitute Roost -

Zygarde:
Rest + Sleep Talk -

. . .

Importable

Code:
Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Venusaur (F) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Protect

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Last edited:
Pretty solid team, even with the double water typing.

U are using chansey with the blissey set:

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Def / 4 HP / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
Wish | Softboiled | Thunder Wave | Heal Bell

U have a LOT of hp. In this way u get a huge bonus from eviolite. For chansey is even more easy switch in with rocks, get the special attack and switch out. Another thing: protect for softboiled. U don't have leftovers, u didn't get nothing wasting a turn. An example:

The opponent send rotom, u switch chansey.
Rotom use volt switch, u softboiled instead of wish.
The opponent send megascizor, u are healed.
U can switch out healed, without wasting a turn.

Rotom use volt switch, u use wish.
The opponent send megascizor, u are forced to protect.
Scizor uses SD.
U are forced to switch.

Imho is simply better, more pp for healing other mons.
Yes, u have quagsire, but think about megados and is moldbreaker.

Like u stab, haze is an optional for quagsire. Imho with t-wave, 2 scald, sometimes u can't even use toxic because the mon has already a status. So haze for toxic.

Last edited:

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Pretty solid team, even with the double water typing.

U are using chansey with the blissey set:

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Def / 4 HP / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
Wish | Softboiled | Thunder Wave | Heal Bell

U have a LOT of hp. In this way u get a huge bonus from eviolite. For chansey is even more easy switch in with rocks, get the special attack and switch out. Another thing: protect for softboiled. U don't have leftovers, u didn't get nothing wasting a turn. An example:

Rotom use volt switch, u softboiled instead of wish.
The opponent send megascizor, u are healed.
U can switch out healed, without wasting a turn.

Rotom use volt switch, u use wish.
The opponent send megascizor, u are forced to protect.
Scizor uses SD.
U are forced to switch.

Imho is simply better, more pp for healing other mons.
Yes, u have quagsire, but think about megados and is moldbreaker.
Hi there, thanks for the rate.

However I think I'm going to have to disagree with the Chansey set, Protect > Softboiled because it lets you not only live to wish heal up, but scouting can be very important when playing stall and you can generally buy free turns.

Also, I handle Mega Gyarados with Suicune because it's so freaking bulky and it can scald burn easily, for example:
+2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 178-210 (44 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Anyways, I think protecting on mega scizor in both scenarios is just fine, considering Quagsire really can tank up the hits, and so can Heatran and not care that I just gave it a free turn, also, it's not maditory to use protect because SD Mega Scizor hates Thunder Wave.

Also, Chansey already has humongous special defense, and getting that extra HP is key to survive the Zard Y flare blitz and the Latios specsshock

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Unfortunately I have nothing to comment, this looks like a well thought out and solid team... sorry I wasn't much help! :] Keep up the nice work and hoping we could battle sometime. Should be a good match.

Hmm I don't really play much stall but I feel as if Facade Azumarill could be somewhat of a threat. I've been noticing that people are swapping out Superpower for Facade on the Choice Band Set in order to muscle past scald users. Crocune is very good but is subjective to RNG.

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Venusaur: 226-266 (62 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (On the switch in)
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 182-215 (45 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 182-215 (45 - 53.2%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 222-262 (56.3 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Just a threat you may want to watch out for. Looks like a very strong Stall team by the way.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Hmm I don't really play much stall but I feel as if Facade Azumarill could be somewhat of a threat. I've been noticing that people are swapping out Superpower for Facade on the Choice Band Set in order to muscle past scald users. Crocune is very good but is subjective to RNG.

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Venusaur: 226-266 (62 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (On the switch in)
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 182-215 (45 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 182-215 (45 - 53.2%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 222-262 (56.3 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Just a threat you may want to watch out for. Looks like a very strong Stall team by the way.
Hm, depending on how Facade counts burns in gen 6 this could be a very real threat to face, thanks for the rate, I'll consider this while viewing over my team for changes and developing my threatlist

Hm, depending on how Facade counts burns in gen 6 this could be a very real threat to face, thanks for the rate, I'll consider this while viewing over my team for changes and developing my threatlist
Facade ignores the attack drop of burns. So it's actually a very good move this gen! ^__^

Lol.

Why u should try to wall chari X fare blitz with chansey, instead of quagsire?

First, specs latios trick u, instead of psyshock.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 226-266 (35.2 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

This is the calculation u should do.

I don't know how much u think show much hp u get, but:

4 evs hp chansey: 642
252 evs hp chansey: 702

With the wish passing u get only 30 more hp.

What i say about scizor was an example to let u understand why softboiled is better. U don't need to do calcs.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Facade ignores the attack drop of burns. So it's actually a very good move this gen! ^__^
Ah wow, intresting, so the best thing to do is rather then rely on Suicune, rely on Mega Saur, or just don't spam scald with quagsire once I see CB azu, i'm trying to figure out a solution to this along with my boosted pinsir problem (quag is 2kod and suicune barely avoids the unboosted 2ko so maybe haze on quagsire sacrifice then go to suicune ? idk)

edit:
Lol.

Why u should try to wall chari X fare blitz with chansey, instead of quagsire?

First, specs latios trick u, instead of psyshock.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 226-266 (35.2 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

This is the calculation u should do.

I don't know how much u think show much hp u get, but:

4 evs hp chansey: 642
252 evs hp chansey: 702

With the wish passing u get only 30 more hp.

What i say about scizor was an example to let u understand why softboiled is better. U don't need to do calcs.
Ok so, 30 HP on stall is a pretty big deal imo, as it's the difference between living a dying to the next attack after the wish heals you.

Also I'm not walling Charizard X flare blitz, of course I use Quagsire to wall Char X, it's in my threatlist too. I'm talking about mixed Zard Y with EQ/Flare Blitz/Solar Beam

intresting point about chansey though, I'll consider that, Protect vs Softboiled is an even 50/50 imo, they both have utility

Ah wow, intresting, so the best thing to do is rather then rely on Suicune, rely on Mega Saur, or just don't spam scald with quagsire once I see CB azu, i'm trying to figure out a solution to this along with my boosted pinsir problem (quag is 2kod and suicune barely avoids the unboosted 2ko so maybe haze on quagsire sacrifice then go to suicune ? idk)
Yes, the last thing you want to do is spam Scald with Suicune and Quagsire. You should pretty much keep Venusaur intact. Azumarill grows balls (well...Guts) when choice banded and par/burned while running Facade.

Look at this calc (He's even stronger when statused)

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 175-207 (43.3 - 51.2%) -- 58.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (Healthy)

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 182-215 (45 - 53.2%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (Burned/Par)

Alrighty you requested me so here I am! This looks like a pretty cool Stall team! This said however, I do see a few issues. As long as Quagsire goes down, your team is easily 6-0'd by threats such as Mega-Pinsir, making you overreliant on a single physical wall to absorb hits from strong Flying Sweepers (which is not ideal as Flying spam is becoming all the more relavant).

The simple solution is to the aforementioned problem is to run Defensive Zapdos over Togekiss. This gives you a safe swtich into the stronger flying types I said you had issues with, helping you check them. It also maintains all the nice resistances Togekiss had, similar bulk, and has the same utility. The key difference is typing, accessible moves, speed, and power. Overall, there aren't any downsides to switching to Zapdos.

Now for the smaller changes:
Chansey: Run Seismic Toss > Thunder Wave, as T-Wave is rather meaningless on a stall team reliant on damaging status, and this makes Chansey not become setup fodder.
Heatran: Earth Power or Toxic > Flash Cannon, as Earth Power offers much better coverage alongside Lava Plume, while Toxic actually gives Heatran a method of beating a lot of its common defensive checks, and is all around useful on defensive tran
Venusaur: Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, or Toxic > Sludge Bomb, as Venu will primarily juggle between Giga Drain and Earthquake offensively, and will rarely use Sludge Bomb. Instead, the utility of the aforementioned 3 moves are key to its success!

Cool stall team!

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spd
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic / Heat Wave / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
- Roost

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Alrighty you requested me so here I am! This looks like a pretty cool Stall team! This said however, I do see a few issues. As long as Quagsire goes down, your team is easily 6-0'd by threats such as Mega-Pinsir, making you overreliant on a single physical wall to absorb hits from strong Flying Sweepers (which is not ideal as Flying spam is becoming all the more relavant).

The simple solution is to the aforementioned problem is to run Defensive Zapdos over Togekiss. This gives you a safe swtich into the stronger flying types I said you had issues with, helping you check them. It also maintains all the nice resistances Togekiss had, similar bulk, and has the same utility. The key difference is typing, accessible moves, speed, and power. Overall, there aren't any downsides to switching to Zapdos.

Now for the smaller changes:
Chansey: Run Seismic Toss > Thunder Wave, as T-Wave is rather meaningless on a stall team reliant on damaging status, and this makes Chansey not become setup fodder.
Heatran: Earth Power or Toxic > Flash Cannon, as Earth Power offers much better coverage alongside Lava Plume, while Toxic actually gives Heatran a method of beating a lot of its common defensive checks, and is all around useful on defensive tran
Venusaur: Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, or Toxic > Sludge Bomb, as Venu will primarily juggle between Giga Drain and Earthquake offensively, and will rarely use Sludge Bomb. Instead, the utility of the aforementioned 3 moves are key to its success!

Cool stall team!

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spd
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic / Heat Wave / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
- Roost
Thanks for the rates! I'll try all of those ideas, thanks a lot for the rate, I'll see how they fare against ladder and other players!

canno

formerly The Reptile
I also agree that Defensive Zapdos > Togekiss fits your team better, as it works better as a defogger on your team due to its Electric-typing. It also serves as a neat check to Mega Pinsir, something your team would appreciate.

Overall though, this stall team looks really good. Also, CroCune <3

Considering you built this team around CroCune, I won't make you remove it. That said, I do want you to see the merits of Calm Mind Clefable in its place. Not only is it a good stallbreaker like crocune, but it gives your team a pure check to dragon and fighting types, and is a unwallable CM Sweeper alongside flamethrower!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-109045828 - it op

Idk it might be interesting. If you want to keep CroCune though, do so as the team basically is built to support it! Just food for thought!

Hey there, solid team already, CroCune can be a monster. First big threat to this team is Mega Pinsir, it can set up on Venusaur or Suicune, and after one boost you are in a lot of trouble. Quagsire can take a +2 Return, but if you switch him in expecting a Swords Dance and he uses Return, you lose the second time it sets up. Swords Dance Excadrill and Dragon Dance Mega Gyarados can be somewhat threatening, Mold Breaker nullifies Unaware from Quagsire and while Suicune is a decent check awake to Excadrill if it's awake, Scald does about 70% maximum and if it's sleeping you have to rely on a 1/3 chance. Chansey can take one Earthquake as well but can't touch Excadrill, Quagsire can take a +2 Earthquake but not accounting for Life Orb. Mega Gyarados also is threatening, because unless you burn it with Scald from Suicune, it 3HKOes at +1 and you lose. Also, you don't really have a solid switchin for SubPunch Mawile and Mega Heracross, not really as common but still good to have a switchin that eases prediction.

Now, the Zapdos suggestion is a good one, it really helps vs Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross, but I have a different suggestion as well:

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Skarmory brings some other advantages to the team: it is also a very reliable Defogger, but it is a solid check/counter for most physical sweepers. It has a natural immunity to Earthquake so it can't be hit by Excadrill / Gyarados with it, and it counters Mega Pinsir as well, reliably taking a +2 Return and KOing with Brave Bird. Also it is a pretty good switchin to hard physical hitters such as Mega Mawile, Mega Heracross and Terrakion, who otherwise trouble your team.

Also, for some smaller changes, I have no idea why you're not running Stealth Rock. Even though you have Defog, you really do need to run it. Defog is for removing the opponent's hazards and since you are using a defensive team you're gonna have an easier team controlling entry hazards. Also, if their Stealth Rock setter dies, you can Defog once and Stealth Rock and you're good. Really, use it. Put it on Heatran over Roar, which is kinda pointless without Stealth Rock anyway. Also, while talking about Heatran, I don't really see the point of Flash Cannon that much. Now, your Talonflame counter loses to it. Use Toxic over it. Mega Venusaur hits Sylveon just fine, and Skarmory is also a good switchin to Fairy-types. Oh, and Sylveon is also kind of setup fodder for Suicune.

Oh and I think you should change around you Chansey moveset as well, I'd change it to Softboiled or Wish / Toxic / Seismic Toss / Heal Bell. If you decide to keep Togekiss, there is no need for Wish, and if you switch to Skarmory or Zapdos, there still isn't that much since 5 out of 6 of your team members have a recovery option. Still, it is useful so you can use it over Softboiled, but Wish + Protect just takes up too much slots (and you're better off using Wish + Softboiled anyways since Chansey doesn't have Leftovers). Toxic and Seismic Toss are much more important, since while Chansey doesn't die, if it can't Toxic / Seismic Toss to do damage it can't beat the things it is supposed to either.

GL

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Hey there, solid team already, CroCune can be a monster. First big threat to this team is Mega Pinsir, it can set up on Venusaur or Suicune, and after one boost you are in a lot of trouble. Quagsire can take a +2 Return, but if you switch him in expecting a Swords Dance and he uses Return, you lose the second time it sets up. Swords Dance Excadrill and Dragon Dance Mega Gyarados can be somewhat threatening, Mold Breaker nullifies Unaware from Quagsire and while Suicune is a decent check awake to Excadrill if it's awake, Scald does about 70% maximum and if it's sleeping you have to rely on a 1/3 chance. Chansey can take one Earthquake as well but can't touch Excadrill, Quagsire can take a +2 Earthquake but not accounting for Life Orb. Mega Gyarados also is threatening, because unless you burn it with Scald from Suicune, it 3HKOes at +1 and you lose. Also, you don't really have a solid switchin for SubPunch Mawile and Mega Heracross, not really as common but still good to have a switchin that eases prediction.

Now, the Zapdos suggestion is a good one, it really helps vs Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross, but I have a different suggestion as well:

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Skarmory brings some other advantages to the team: it is also a very reliable Defogger, but it is a solid check/counter for most physical sweepers. It has a natural immunity to Earthquake so it can't be hit by Excadrill / Gyarados with it, and it counters Mega Pinsir as well, reliably taking a +2 Return and KOing with Brave Bird. Also it is a pretty good switchin to hard physical hitters such as Mega Mawile, Mega Heracross and Terrakion, who otherwise trouble your team.

Also, for some smaller changes, I have no idea why you're not running Stealth Rock. Even though you have Defog, you really do need to run it. Defog is for removing the opponent's hazards and since you are using a defensive team you're gonna have an easier team controlling entry hazards. Also, if their Stealth Rock setter dies, you can Defog once and Stealth Rock and you're good. Really, use it. Put it on Heatran over Roar, which is kinda pointless without Stealth Rock anyway. Also, while talking about Heatran, I don't really see the point of Flash Cannon that much. Now, your Talonflame counter loses to it. Use Toxic over it. Mega Venusaur hits Sylveon just fine, and Skarmory is also a good switchin to Fairy-types. Oh, and Sylveon is also kind of setup fodder for Suicune.

Oh and I think you should change around you Chansey moveset as well, I'd change it to Softboiled or Wish / Toxic / Seismic Toss / Heal Bell. If you decide to keep Togekiss, there is no need for Wish, and if you switch to Skarmory or Zapdos, there still isn't that much since 5 out of 6 of your team members have a recovery option. Still, it is useful so you can use it over Softboiled, but Wish + Protect just takes up too much slots (and you're better off using Wish + Softboiled anyways since Chansey doesn't have Leftovers). Toxic and Seismic Toss are much more important, since while Chansey doesn't die, if it can't Toxic / Seismic Toss to do damage it can't beat the things it is supposed to either.

GL
Tomahawk9 Thanks for the reply man, Skarm is very good in stall in this meta so I'll be sure to try that edit!

Also about Clefable I simply cannot use it over CroCune, not only is the team absed around it, but it destroyes the VenuCuneTran core that is probably one of the best type and bulk synergetic cores in OU rn. It also lacks the raw bulk of suicune which this team desperately relies on. Thanks for the second rate anyways! Brawlfest

So far both Zapdos and Skarm look good, but I personally like Skarm more because it reliably handles Mega Pinsir more since it can phaze and it's ability to be able to risk more prior damage. Also, Skarms physicla defense helps on such a special defensive on this team. Also I'll probably create a more efficient spread for Skarm that handles +2 Pinsir and has enough spare special defense. I'll list my ideas below:
@

EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 156 SDef
Impish Nature
Defog | Roost | Whirlwind | Brave Bird
Important Calcs so far:
  • +2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 96+ Def Skarmory: 156-184 (46.7 - 55%) -- 14.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 156 SpD Skarmory: 144-171 (43.1 - 51.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 96+ Def Skarmory: 154-183 (46.1 - 54.7%) -- 9.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Mega Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 96+ Def Skarmory: 135-160 (40.4 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 156 SpD Skarmory: 152-179 (45.5 - 53.5%) -- 0% chance to 2HKO after Draco Meteor Drop and Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 96+ Def Skarmory: 140-165 (41.9 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 96+ Def Skarmory: 94-110 (28.1 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO(2nd K-off)
  • +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 96+ Def Skarmory: 277-328 (82.9 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

• more coming soon

Last edited:
I see the biggest problem you have to watch out is: you are not doing much passive damage, something stall teams quite rely on. First would be to add Stealth Rock on Heatran and I don't see the point of paralyzing your enemies on a stall team, I see the point of paralyzing on an offensive team so the faster threat becomes easier to kill but thats not the case, so I would make Toxic instead of Thunder wave on Chansey. Also you could put Ancient Power or HP Rock so Heatran can kill Mega Char Y and Talonflame, as there is no point to use Flash Cannon on defensive Heatran.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I see the biggest problem you have to watch out is: you are not doing much passive damage, something stall teams quite rely on. First would be to add Stealth Rock on Heatran and I don't see the point of paralyzing your enemies on a stall team, I see the point of paralyzing on an offensive team so the faster threat becomes easier to kill but thats not the case, so I would make Toxic instead of Thunder wave on Chansey. Also you could put Ancient Power or HP Rock so Heatran can kill Mega Char Y and Talonflame, as there is no point to use Flash Cannon on defensive Heatran.
Replies:

As an experienced XY stall player myself, I can tell you passive damage is not that key in XY stall due to slowing down and wearing down foes for a bulky set up win condition to win is one of the best strats for stall and semi stall.

comments on rates
  • Flash Cannon/iron head serves the purpose of killing off Megaa Garde and Toge
  • Earth Power/Toxic would be better as this team kinda uses defog support and setting up SR is a waste of a time slot
  • The point of para is for cune to sweep, not only this but letting you recover before the enemy hits you is important. Also para hax is fucking god in the XY RNG
  • My biggest problem is Mega-Broke-Pinsir

I feel that a 252 HP/Def Skarmory is more beneficial than your spread. You do not have any means of taking care of Mega Heracross

252+ Atk Mega Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 96+ Def Skarmory: 178-210 (53.2 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Of course, you easily OHKO it with Brave Bird but I wouldn't risk it.

To be honest, you have difficulty with fighting types in general:

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 234-276 (59.3 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

You could really benefit by replacing Suicune with Sableye or Aegislash to take care of various physical fighting types such as the above examples much better. Additionally, a Deoxys-S lead would give you a bad start since you have no decent way of preventing it from setting up hazards, Taunt Sableye almost negates this problem. I understand that Suicune is a really important team member but the others seem to be more essential.

Your Venusaur spread also needs work in my opinion, I suggest changing it to:

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

This spread allows it to take care of LO Terrakion:

252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 60+ Def Mega Venusaur: 153-181 (42 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

All in all, it's a really good stall team, good luck!

#Writesterriblydoesn'tcareftw

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I feel that a 252 HP/Def Skarmory is more beneficial than your spread. You do not have any means of taking care of Mega Heracross

252+ Atk Mega Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 96+ Def Skarmory: 178-210 (53.2 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Of course, you easily OHKO it with Brave Bird but I wouldn't risk it.

To be honest, you have difficulty with fighting types in general:

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 234-276 (59.3 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

You could really benefit by replacing Suicune with Sableye or Aegislash to take care of various physical fighting types such as the above examples much better. Additionally, a Deoxys-S lead would give you a bad start since you have no decent way of preventing it from setting up hazards, Taunt Sableye almost negates this problem. I understand that Suicune is a really important team member but the others seem to be more essential.

Your Venusaur spread also needs work in my opinion, I suggest changing it to:

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

This spread allows it to take care of LO Terrakion:

252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 60+ Def Mega Venusaur: 153-181 (42 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

All in all, it's a really good stall team, good luck!

#Writesterriblydoesn'tcareftw
Hey Adrian thanks for the rate, stall war battle and archive nomination! So first off reverting back to standard def skarm to deal with fighting types, not changing cune, ever. Without cune the point for this team really doesn't exist, this team has been hand picked to service cune and it's clear of that. Suicune may not seem like the most important member, but it is, also Aegislash and Sableye fare terribly on this team Sableye has no bulk to back itself up whatsoever which is bad for the purposes of this team(also I have Defog to stop hazard users). And this team with the skarm addition is just not want that much steel types or else it creates a central weak point of the team.

tl;dr
  • Skarm to physical defense spread
  • keeping saur the same for now since LO Terrak w/o SD barely exists
  • Not changing cune. ever.

Hi, awesome stall team :) good to see another successful user of stall. My team is currently 20-2 win-loss ratio in its current form. I agree that stall nowadays is about wearing the opponent down for a sweep, I win more matches via my own choice of win conditions than any other way. I do believe I have some possibly useful changes though.

First, I believe that the roles of bulky fairy type and Unaware wall can be combined into a second win condition: Calm Mind Clefable. While Softboiled is illegal on Unaware Clefable, Wish + Protect is still very usable and allows Clefable to provide team support as well as being a win condition and a stop to dragons amongst other things. The standard EV spread of 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe Bold should suffice.
To fill the gap of Defog user and provide a Mega Pinsir counter, the aforementioned Skarmory is the best choice. I don't think I need to explain Skarmory to you, you must be familiar with what it does. I haven't made an XY OU stall team without resorting to Skarmory yet. I agree that the standard EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe Impish is best for this role, would you consider Rocky Helmet to damage U-Turn and Outrage users?
If you make the change to Clefable, Wish on Chansey is redundant. Changing the moveset to Toxic / Softboiled/ Seismic Toss / Aromatherapy allows Chansey to continue providing cleric support while being able to deal meaningful damage with Toxic and Seismic Toss. Also, with the loss of Quagsire, Mega Venusaur might need more investment in physical bulk to handle Bisharp.

Having two win conditions opens up your options in a game situation. If you used Suicune to check Mega Charizard X and it is on low HP, you can switch up your game to focus on sweeping with Clefable. If you have Suicune, there is much less pressure on Clefable to avoid being worn down by repeated attacks like Earthquake from Garchomp or Ice Punch from Conkeldurr. Only when both are down do you have to fear not being able to sweep.

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
- Ah, the classic Crocune. Good set, nothing wrong with it.

- Maybe for Mega Venusaur you could use 200 SpA EVs, keep 56 in SpD, you may want the power.

- For Quagsire, replace Toxic with Encore. It isn't much of a problem if you don't have Toxic, Encore can really mess up opponents.

- For Heatran, you should use Torment instead of Flash Cannon instead and run the classic TormenTran. Just a thought though, it's not that important.

- Replace Protect with Thunder Wave on Togekiss for ParaFlinch. Togekiss already has good bulk so it isn't much of a problem if you need an extra turn to get health.

- Use Toxic instead of T-Wave on Chansey.

Other than that, this is a good team! 8/10

P.S. where do you get those sprites?

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
- Ah, the classic Crocune. Good set, nothing wrong with it.

- Maybe for Mega Venusaur you could use 200 SpA EVs, keep 56 in SpD, you may want the power.

- For Quagsire, replace Toxic with Encore. It isn't much of a problem if you don't have Toxic, Encore can really mess up opponents.

- For Heatran, you should use Torment instead of Flash Cannon instead and run the classic TormenTran. Just a thought though, it's not that important.

- Replace Protect with Thunder Wave on Togekiss for ParaFlinch. Togekiss already has good bulk so it isn't much of a problem if you need an extra turn to get health.

- Use Toxic instead of T-Wave on Chansey.

Other than that, this is a good team! 8/10

P.S. where do you get those sprites?
Hi, awesome stall team :) good to see another successful user of stall. My team is currently 20-2 win-loss ratio in its current form. I agree that stall nowadays is about wearing the opponent down for a sweep, I win more matches via my own choice of win conditions than any other way. I do believe I have some possibly useful changes though.

First, I believe that the roles of bulky fairy type and Unaware wall can be combined into a second win condition: Calm Mind Clefable. While Softboiled is illegal on Unaware Clefable, Wish + Protect is still very usable and allows Clefable to provide team support as well as being a win condition and a stop to dragons amongst other things. The standard EV spread of 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe Bold should suffice.
To fill the gap of Defog user and provide a Mega Pinsir counter, the aforementioned Skarmory is the best choice. I don't think I need to explain Skarmory to you, you must be familiar with what it does. I haven't made an XY OU stall team without resorting to Skarmory yet. I agree that the standard EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe Impish is best for this role, would you consider Rocky Helmet to damage U-Turn and Outrage users?
If you make the change to Clefable, Wish on Chansey is redundant. Changing the moveset to Toxic / Softboiled/ Seismic Toss / Aromatherapy allows Chansey to continue providing cleric support while being able to deal meaningful damage with Toxic and Seismic Toss. Also, with the loss of Quagsire, Mega Venusaur might need more investment in physical bulk to handle Bisharp.

Having two win conditions opens up your options in a game situation. If you used Suicune to check Mega Charizard X and it is on low HP, you can switch up your game to focus on sweeping with Clefable. If you have Suicune, there is much less pressure on Clefable to avoid being worn down by repeated attacks like Earthquake from Garchomp or Ice Punch from Conkeldurr. Only when both are down do you have to fear not being able to sweep.
Alright thanks for the great rates guys! First of all I got my RMT images from google images by googling pokemon anime GIFs *pokemon name here*
  • Quagsire will be trying to slot in Encore/Toxic/Haze all for testing purposes
  • Torment Tran is too risky for a team already bent forward and back by crocunes RNG limiting
  • Togekiss is going to be switched to skarm anyways
  • T-Wave or Toxic is generall a 50/50 but I'll be sure to try it
  • eh Mega Venu needs the walling potentail too much imo
  • Quagsire walls every Zad X bar Adamant Outrage which is rare while Clef dies to every Flare Blitz variant, which is the big con, will be sure to try tho
  • I'll try the custom chans set
  • Quagsire handles BIsharp perfectly imo
Thanks for all the rates guys! Will be sure to try em during my free time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)